Eurovision 2018

Prince_Pathan

ODI Debutant
Runs
since the 55th annual eurovision is on the 29th this week how many people are going to be watching it :p

of course the people who know what it is...

The UK entry is bad..and i mean bad

There's only been one REALLY good entry imo which should had made it much higher:

[UTUBE]KEPRK2HYq_M[/UTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that josh dubovie guy is rubbish...aslong as israel doesnt win im a happy man lol...

Has the UK entry been picked by that retarded x factor style show again?

Eurovision 2010

is anybody watching it tonight? if so who you want to win it :p...such a complete time pass thread lol

Atif said:
UK going to get Nil point again :D

It appears its just a political contest - the last time I watched it was when some Irish woman sang for the UK - its a waste of time really

Geordie Ahmed said:
It appears its just a political contest - the last time I watched it was when some Irish woman sang for the UK - its a waste of time really

It is a complete waste of time, i agree with you.

Prince_Pathan said:
is anybody watching it tonight? if so who you want to win it :p...such a complete time pass thread lol
I think you're the only one who cares.

Sledger said:
I think you're the only one who cares.

i am bored...should have been playing a t20 today but the weather ruined everything and hence have nothing better to do but relax and wait for tomorrows match...

I didnt watch this but I see that Ireland came in 23rd! OK it's not as bad as the UK but it is still pretty bad. I knew voting 'No' on Lisbon was going to come back to haunt us.

yeah it was poor...its purely political voting so nothin hing can be done about that...iwas up for manga from turkey and armenia coz of the goodlookin chick lol

people in the UK, or atleast myself i thought the presentation itself and purpose of the eurovision song competion was humiliated by the person on BBC, he was so funny, that nobody care where UK ended up

I must say though, the 'political voting' element whilst still very much there has lessened compared to the past.

Was surprised to see UK do as 'well' as they did considering what they had!

Btw Graham Norton is excellent as a presenter!
And Scott Mills did good giving the UK scores! Go Scott! :))

Anyone gonna tune in this year!!

I personally love eurovision, always a couple catchy songs every year. Plus our entry this year is pretty decent IMO

Mrs Robert likes to watch it. Personally I find it a bit sad. Royaume-uni keeps sending rubbish year after year and gets nul points. I would pull out of this nonsense. We are the best in the world at pop music, anyway so why keep funding this mediocrity festival?

Always been surprised Asia doesnt have a similar contest what with all the Bollywood songs etc. Tailor made for Asia actually.

Hosted in India for the first year, have Pak,Afg.Ban,China,Korea Japan etc. have voting done in a similar manner and have some fun

Wonder will [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8418]Random Aussie[/MENTION] be staying up to watch Australia appearance :D

Last edited:
Second semi final on today in 30 mins.

Hopefully we qualify :D

Loved Georgias song from the first semi

Didnt qualify :facepalm:

Oh well, amazed Cyprus made it, they were awful.

Latvia were excellent, but the best and unsurprising favourite to win was Sweden

UK's song doesnt sound good at all from what I've heard tbh

who's the most mainstream artist participating in this?

who's the most mainstream artist participating in this?

None, thats the whole point, pretty much all the singers are unheard of until they perform and then some e.g. enrique eglesias make it big.

None, thats the whole point, pretty much all the singers are unheard of until they perform and then some e.g. enrique eglesias make it big.

so enique started from here! pretty cool!

anyoneelse I may know who participated in this previously.

also if the famous or best artists aren't sent then on what criteria do the countries send their reps? im assuming every participating country sends one entry?

so enique started from here! pretty cool!

anyoneelse I may know who participated in this previously.

also if the famous or best artists aren't sent then on what criteria do the countries send their reps? im assuming every participating country sends one entry?

Every country has its own little music show domestically where a contestant is selected. Practically every country in Europe takes part but there is no obligation to take part and you can send no one if you want.

Most famous group ever to come out of this was definitely ABBA who won in 1974 and became a global sensation. Others include Celine Dion.

It all started after WW2 when the European Broadcasting Union tried to unite a post war Europe in the 50s through culture and music, and its been going for 60 years now. Its a fantastic tourism advertisement for the host nation (winner of previous years edition) as well. We are the record winners (won it 7 times I think) but last time we won was in the early 90s and we've done terrible in the last decade.

Finals on on Saturday anyway, few good songs. Pretty sure its broadcasted around the world too.

Like I said before, considering how mad Asia goes over Bollywood I'm amazed there's no Asian version of this as it'd be huge IMO

Every country has its own little music show domestically where a contestant is selected. Practically every country in Europe takes part but there is no obligation to take part and you can send no one if you want.

Most famous group ever to come out of this was definitely ABBA who won in 1974 and became a global sensation. Others include Celine Dion.

It all started after WW2 when the European Broadcasting Union tried to unite a post war Europe in the 50s through culture and music, and its been going for 60 years now. Its a fantastic tourism advertisement for the host nation (winner of previous years edition) as well. We are the record winners (won it 7 times I think) but last time we won was in the early 90s and we've done terrible in the last decade.

Finals on on Saturday anyway, few good songs. Pretty sure its broadcasted around the world too.

Like I said before, considering how mad Asia goes over Bollywood I'm amazed there's no Asian version of this as it'd be huge IMO

yeah i can imagine its huge. used to get Sky news back home in Pak and when it happened this was all they talked about lol

and im surprised its going on that long.

thought it was a relrecent thing like 15-20 years

yeah i can imagine its huge. used to get Sky news back home in Pak and when it happened this was all they talked about lol

and im surprised its going on that long.

thought it was a relrecent thing like 15-20 years

Nah its yearly.

Special effects are fantastic I must say. Just check the Sweden song I posted earlier. Its the best IMO but the background stuff going on makes it even better haha

Nah its yearly.

Special effects are fantastic I must say. Just check the Sweden song I posted earlier. Its the best IMO but the background stuff going on makes it even better haha

the stage special effects are so sick!! must be a great experience live

do songs have to be in english

i rem few yrs ago some romanian winner had the song in english too. the bearded woman or whatever that was

the stage special effects are so sick!! must be a great experience live

do songs have to be in english

i rem few yrs ago some romanian winner had the song in english too. the bearded woman or whatever that was

No they can be in any language, a fair few entries arent in english, doesnt stop em doing well though.

The Eurovision youtube account is streaming it for free live on youtube for anyone curious enough. Think it'd be 2-3 pm US time, finals lasts about 4 hours IIRC.

watching!

lets see what this is abt

whats the format even?

sweden on now

wth they peform the same songs again?

heard this sweden one before

wth they peform the same songs again?

heard this sweden one before

Obviously they perform again, hardly gonna change the song??

27 songs, then they give about 30 mins for voting then they go to every capital and allocate points, country with most points wins

Is this guy even famous in Australia [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]. Never thought I'd see the day they were in eurovision

27 songs, then they give about 30 mins for voting then they go to every capital and allocate points, country with most points wins

Is this guy even famous in Australia [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]. Never thought I'd see the day they were in eurovision

so they perform same song every round

the sweden one was a carbon copy of the one you posted.

whats the fun is seeing the same song again and again.

like in american idol or x factor the artist has a different song every round

so they perform same song every round

the sweden one was a carbon copy of the one you posted.

whats the fun is seeing the same song again and again.

like in american idol or x factor the artist has a different song every round

There are 2 semi finals and a final mate.

17 countries perform per semi final, 10 go through from each and then the host and the "big 5" join them in the final (Big 5 are UK,Italy,Spain,France and Germany, they always go automatically to the final as they contribute money to the competition).

Normally thats it, but for the 60th anniversary the Aussies got an invite.

Think about it, the goal of the contest is to find the best song, it makes no sense at all for a country to perform a different song in the final than the semi

There are 2 semi finals and a final mate.

17 countries perform per semi final, 10 go through from each and then the host and the "big 5" join them in the final (Big 5 are UK,Italy,Spain,France and Germany, they always go automatically to the final as they contribute money to the competition).

Normally thats it, but for the 60th anniversary the Aussies got an invite.

Think about it, the goal of the contest is to find the best song, it makes no sense at all for a country to perform a different song in the final than the semi

hmm ok. i thought its to find the best singer!

So Sweden narrowly pip Russia to the title!

Best Eurovision in a long while IMO, easily 10 decent songs and the countries showed that if there's a wide selection they wont simply vote for their neighbour.

Sorry [MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] but the UK were awful, 3rd bottom with 5 points was a fair reflection.

He won Australian idol like a decade ago

Watch out for Dami Im. Brissy girl.

She was the Oz X Factor 2013 winner. Amazing voice.

Ticked off, our song was fine this year I thought, Denmark were excellent. Neither get through and crap like Georgia, Israel (that feckin fringe) got through. Frustrating as hell.

Thought Bulgaria,Latvia,Lithuania were all very good.

stop talking to yourself donal

The Swedish chick is funky! Runaway winner so far.....

Poor standard.

Russia to win I reckon.

Ukraine win for the first time ever.,

Unlucky [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION], pipped at the very last second. Would hev been hilarious seeing the Aussies host the EUROvision.

Absolutely love that Latvia song.

I still don't understand why Eurovision is full of americanized english pop songs and weird hollywoodesque dresses. Why can't they dress in their country's traditional clothes and sing in their own languages? There is nothing Euro about Eurovision.

Ukraine win for the first time ever.,

Unlucky [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION], pipped at the very last second. Would hev been hilarious seeing the Aussies host the EUROvision.

Absolutely love that Latvia song.

Tbh she's too good for Eurovision anyways :ronaldo

Not even one good song this year. At least year had a couple.

SuRie was singing the UK entry "Storm" when a man ran onstage and grabbed the microphone.
The stage invader then proceeded to shout manically to the audience, although it is slightly unclear exactly what he said, it appears to have been: "For the Nazis of the UK media we demand freedom".

The protestor was quickly ushered offstage by security and SuRie managed to complete her performance, visibly pumped up after the altercation.

The Essex born singer dealt with the incident remarkably well considering the circumstances, and Graeme Norton, narrating the finals in Lisbon, was unsure whether or not she would be given the opportunity to repeat her performance later in the show without interruption.

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment...hone-during-uks-eurovision-performance-178080

Healthy Israeli Hello Kitty wins Eurovision. Next Eurovision in Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Just to put things into context, this chicken song won the best song in the whole of Europe :danish Guess it was Israels turn to host.

By "not your toy" she probably means like a transformers like figure or something. A toy that probably turns into a Japanese potato or... Oh wait, nvm.

Last edited:
Just to put things into context, this chicken song won the best song in the whole of Europe :danish Guess it was Israels turn to host.

By "not your toy" she probably means like a transformers like figure or something. A toy that probably turns into a Japanese potato or... Oh wait, nvm.

This has got to be the most cringy video since Rebecca Black's friday.

Even by Eurovision standards this was scraping the barrel.

Akin to a bunch of 12 year old being told to make up a song in 15 mins of a drama lesson.

If Brexit spares us this torture, there is at least one plus going for it.

If Brexit spares us this torture, there is at least one plus going for it.

No such luck.

Either we start taking this contest seriously and write decent songs, or we pull out altogether. In the 20th century we finished in the top ten every time. In the 21st we have been bottom three times and scored nil points twice.

I was so gutted Israel won. Was watching it on tv and I was getting as anxious as I do when India are about to win a tournament/series etc. :(

Back