"Even if there are two brothers in a house, they face issues": Mohsin Naqvi hints at discord in the Pakistan camp

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
During a press conference today, PCB chairman Mohsin Naqvi said:

"Look, there are problems everywhere. Even if there are two brothers in a house, they face issues. If we say there aren't any, then we are just engaging in good conversation. But the reality is that the team is now in a gel-like state."

Haha we thought there weren't any issues but after this comment, I can say that that there is something wrong.

Mohsin Naqvi - another of 'let me say how it is' types to please the press.

Last thing he should be talking about.

Naqvi comes across as a bit of an idiot who doesn't have alot of self-awareness and doesn't understand how to be diplomatic or keep his mouth shut. It surprises me that this guy is a media mogul. The entire way he has handled the captaincy drama since coming on has been shocking to say the least. Regularly throwing his own players under the bus and trying his best to create problems and discord in the team.

If there is any discord in the team it is purely a creation of the PCB.

And the Kakul Camp thing was such an uncle thing to do. 'These players need to improve their fitness'...'sending them to an Army boot camp is the answer.'

Not getting them better dieticians and trainers but sending them to an Army boot camp.

I'm fairly certain that the injuries that Rizwan, Azam Khan and Irfan have picked up are due to the Kakul training camp, where they were pushed to the max and treated like soldiers. Thing is, if you're a soldier and pick up injuries, well, that's too bad...deal with it. And that's okay because that's the type of mindset that the Army wants to foster.

You can't treat professional athletes like soldiers though. Because when they get injured they can't play!

Naqvi comes across as a bit of an idiot who doesn't have alot of self-awareness and doesn't understand how to be diplomatic or keep his mouth shut. It surprises me that this guy is a media mogul. The entire way he has handled the captaincy drama since coming on has been shocking to say the least. Regularly throwing his own players under the bus and trying his best to create problems and discord in the team.

And the Kakul Camp thing was such an uncle thing to do. 'These players need to improve their fitness'...'sending them to an Army boot camp is the answer.'

Not getting them better dieticians and trainers but sending them to an Army boot camp.

I'm fairly certain that the injuries that Rizwan, Azam Khan and Irfan have picked up are due to the Kakul training camp, where they were pushed to the max and treated like soldiers. Thing is, if you're a soldier and pick up injuries, well, that's too bad...deal with it. And that's okay because that's the type of mindset that the Army wants to foster.

You can't treat professional athletes like soldiers though. Because when they get injured they can't play!

Seems like he is enjoying diving and conquering

On Kakul: Literally 0 cricket specific training sessions. It doesn't make sense for them to jump up and down with rocks. Poor Naseem just recovered from a stress fracture, and doing things like this certainly did not help. Doing hard core mobility training would be a lot better for them.

Seems like he is enjoying diving and conquering

On Kakul: Literally 0 cricket specific training sessions. It doesn't make sense for them to jump up and down with rocks. Poor Naseem just recovered from a stress fracture, and doing things like this certainly did not help. Doing hard core mobility training would be a lot better for them.
It was stupid and irresponsible. Shaheen as well had a very serious injury not too long ago.

Staying in Lahore and working with a trainer would have been more productive then whatever they accomplished in this camp. Seems it was more of a publicity stunt than anything else by the new PCB regime to show the public how serious they are about fitness. Because like I said, anyone who understands fitness knows that its a very long term thing and not something you can change over a few weeks.

I'm fairly certain that the injuries that Rizwan, Azam Khan and Irfan have picked up are due to the Kakul training camp
Well, no.

I have no proof for this but my hunch is Rizwan has been injured or carrying an injury for ages, and he keeps getting bye with the coaches+medical team because he would rather play instead of resting or letting his body fully recover. Typically afraid of someone taking his spot as an opener.

Irfan picked up his injury after the 3rd T20i. I really can’t understand how a guy as fit as him would suddenly become unfit having not done anything to pick up an injury during the game. His one is dodgy.

I personally recon Azam isn’t really injured and the PCB is hiding him, looking to deploy him straight into the T20 World Cup squad.

But oh well, not that anything I say is based on proof.

Well, no.

I have no proof for this but my hunch is Rizwan has been injured or carrying an injury for ages, and he keeps getting bye with the coaches+medical team because he would rather play instead of resting or letting his body fully recover. Typically afraid of someone taking his spot as an opener.

Irfan picked up his injury after the 3rd T20i. I really can’t understand how a guy as fit as him would suddenly become unfit having not done anything to pick up an injury during the game. His one is dodgy.

I personally recon Azam isn’t really injured and the PCB is hiding him, looking to deploy him straight into the T20 World Cup squad.

One injury can be bad luck or whatever. Three injuries over roughly the same period of time are not a coincidence. And again, you are making this a masculinity argument like other posters. Even the fittest players can get injured when you overtrain them. It's not simply a matter of being tough or manly enough. Its common sense. Overtraining and overexerting leads to injuries.

Also, I don't believe your theories about Rizwan or Azam Khan.

Well, no.

lol how do you recover your body from cramps?

according to such logic, than Maxwell is the biggest fraud.

No. Brothers often don't have any problems at all even living under the one roof. Our Cricket on the other hand is never trouble free. Internal issues are always tearing Pak Cricket apart.

Azam Khan is anything but a professional athlete.

Rizwan is always close to an injury when you see him lay down every 2nd delivery. Its OK for Rizwan to actually take some rest/not play every single meaningless game out there.

No. Brothers often don't have any problems at all even living under the one roof. Our Cricket on the other hand is never trouble free. Internal issues are always tearing Pak Cricket apart.
now two different coaches expirement will also create trouble, get ready for the grouping within the players.

Can't blame Naqvi for sending the Pakistani players to Army camp. The Pakistani players under Babar have enjoyed too many biryani's, cakes and zero fitness standards. These players deserve to be treated with an iron fist. It is the Pakistani way. Pakistani players are far too unprofessional to be trusted to their own devices.

Can't blame Naqvi for sending the Pakistani players to Army camp. The Pakistani players under Babar have enjoyed too many biryani's, cakes and zero fitness standards. These players deserve to be treated with an iron fist. It is the Pakistani way. Pakistani players are far too unprofessional to be trusted to their own devices.
The establishment has always been more concerned about the interests of Pakistan than anyone else. They have instilled discipline in the players and brought them together as a team.

Back