[EXCLUSIVE] Asad Shafiq opens up on his role as a Selector in interview with PakPassion

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Former Test stalwart of Pakistan Asad Shafiq joins Saj Sadiq for an exclusive interview in which he talked about:

1. His decision to retire from internationals
2. Possibility of him becoming a selector in the future
3. Young exciting prospects
4. Why T20 leagues are becoming a priority for youngsters?
5. His heated argument with Iftikhar Ahmed in SPL & much more.

"Sahibzada Farhan, Kamran Ghulam, Muhammad Hurraira are some of the highly talented players in domestic. Omair Bin Yousuf is another exciting prospect."
Do you guys agree with Shafiq's assesment?

One of the calmest batters of Pakistan in recent years. In my opinion he should have played more international matches for Pakistan. He knows Pakistan cricket very well, especially Karachi cricket and its cricketers and should be a good choice as a selector.

Last edited:
Talks sense unlike other clowns going into the setup with agendas and super biases

A very friendly and well spoken guy Asad Shafique is.

I am sure as a selector he can bring some talent that has been continuously neglected from Karachi.

One of the very few Pakistani former players who is calm, intelligent and talks sense.

What a fantastic ambassador he was for Pakistan cricket.

I hope he gets appointed, he would add a lot more credibility to the setup with Wahab at the helm and Kamran as his consultant.

Seems to be to nice of a guy to get involved with working as a selector.

Will probably make a good batting coach.

Back