[EXCLUSIVE] Adam Hollioake reflects on his coaching stint with Pakistan in an exclusive Interview with PakPassion

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Former Pakistan batting coach Adam Hollioake talks to Saj Sadiq in an exclusive interview with PakPassion. He gets candid as he reflects on his short coaching stint.

1. Why does he think Pakistan failed down under?
2. Why did Pakistan's batters fail?
3. What is wrong with Pakistan's fielding?
4. Who does he tout as a potential future great of Pakistan cricket?
5. His thoughts on Rizwan
6. His comments on the state of the PCB

The former Surrey great is honest and blunt, you wont want to miss it.

Do you agree with his views?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he was a bit of a joker till I saw this interview. Really interesting views. His comments on Pak's fielding is truly disturbing. He says that Queensland U17 have better fielding technique 🙈

We clearly have a lot of work to do and I hope he get's his role extended.

He speaks quite well and it appears that he could have been a great coach. But unfortunately, that was not the case.

It will be a real test of his coaching skills here with Pakistan because I think the Pakistan team is the most difficult one to handle and the pathetic cricket board makes it even harder but I hope Adam will cope with such issues and will make a better team.

One of his points that rang a bell was that a domestic junior team has better fielding skills than Pakistan. How shocking it is to hear this fact. He is right. Pakistan's fielding has cost them many matches that too at the important stages.

Pakistan is not an easy country to be a coach. Good luck to him.

Australia tour has been the toughest for team Pakistan over the last few decades now. I guess Pakistan should have more testing wickets for the batters in first-class cricket that should prepare them better for such tours.

Have seen a report regarding Hollioake joining Afghan cricket, i dont know what he could do to them but honestly his performance with PCT was not impressive.

Was a good interview.
Surprised to see how much he enjoyed coaching Pakistan - mentioning he would join the set up in a heartbeat.
Seems a lot of foreign coaches like coaching the Pakistani's but the governing board of the PCB is what holds them back.

Unfortunately 2 series is just not enough to do justice to a coaching stint so we will never be able to see the full extent of what Hollioake would have brought to the table.

Have seen a report regarding Hollioake joining Afghan cricket, i dont know what he could do to them but honestly his performance with PCT was not impressive.
They bring people in for a series or two, then change them. What can these guys do in a few days. Do we expect miracles.

At international level its about small tweaks.

What can any coach do when a player comes into the international squad and doesn't even know how to catch a ball or understand the technique of diving for a ball? These are grass root issues that should have been fixed in their u19 days.

This Pakistan squad that was sent to Australia was truly one of the worst I have ever seen. From a 28 average captain to the unfit players with bellies and letheragy.

At international level its about small tweaks.

What can any coach do when a player comes into the international squad and doesn't even know how to catch a ball or understand the technique of diving for a ball? These are grass root issues that should have been fixed in their u19 days.

This Pakistan squad that was sent to Australia was truly one of the worst I have ever seen. From a 28 average captain to the unfit players with bellies and letheragy.
I dont think it was our worst squad ever.

One of his points that rang a bell was that a domestic junior team has better fielding skills than Pakistan. How shocking it is to hear this fact. He is right. Pakistan's fielding has cost them many matches that too at the important stages.

Pakistan is not an easy country to be a coach. Good luck to him.
Tell that to the folks hyping guys like Babar and Shaheen after a win in BPL...

The fielding comment is alarming.

This from a guy who has seen the fielding drills at close quarters.

Very worrying.

Just loved his thoughts on Rizwan. It appears that he was suggesting that Rizwan is better than Babar although he did not state so.

The fielding comment is alarming.

This from a guy who has seen the fielding drills at close quarters.

Very worrying.
This is like a continuously oozing ulcer for team Pakistan, never let's them win any tournament.

Back