Fortress UAE: Welcome to Pakistan's home!

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
To our dear friends from other nations, understand this. You may be heroes in your own homes but when you come to the UAE, we rule the roost when it comes to the highest form of the game.

First it was England who left with their tails between their legs - they walked into UAE as the world's no 1 ranked team and we taught them a few lessons - something that they will never forget and frankly one that they have learnt lots from.

And now Steyn and Co come sauntering into our patch and are discovering the meaning of humility.

To my Pakistani friends who did not believe it when I told them that we will not rollover and play dead - read the scorecard once then read it again.

The Worlds No 1 Test team is being humiliated to submission in front of your eyes.

Be proud of each and every member of this team.

To my South African friends - This is just the beginning - its gets worst in Dubai :)

haha and remember how mediocre pakistan's record in pakistan had been in recent years.

UAE is fast looking like one of the toughest places to tour.

I like UAE as Pakistan's home for the time being, always believed they should not look for any venue outside of UAE for their home games, the crowd support, the nature of pitches and the past legacy of Sharjah... it just looks like Pakistan playing very much at home!

Infact, I have noticed that UAE produces better pitches for tests that suit Pakistan more.

At home in Pakistan our pitches tend to be a lot more flatter.

Plus we can hardly bowl 90 overs a day because of extremely small days during winter.

The Saffer coach needs to show this thread to ABDV, Duminy and Faf for inspiration :p

Jokes aside, UAE pitches have become wonderful test wickets rewarding good bowling and batting efforts. And Pakistan do seem to raise the bar a notch when playing there. Well done and totally well deserved.

a lot of chest thumping. LOL. having watched Pakistani teams over the years, I would not be surprised if they lose the current test match and also the series. so far things have gone well for them though. they most probably win this game. but SA will come back hard to either tie the series or pakistan might win the series 1-0.

a lot of chest thumping. LOL. having watched Pakistani teams over the years, I would not be surprised if they lose the current test match and also the series. so far things have gone well for them though. they most probably win this game. but SA will come back hard to either tie the series or pakistan might win the series 1-0.

I hope this thread does not come back to haunt...

Don't worry your little heads :) .We have been there before with the England series and we were there on the 4th day of the 2nd Test in Abu Dhabi.

Like I said.

Welcome to Fortress UAE.

Let the match finish
Remember faf du plesis and devilliers were the ones to have batted all day against australia+ duminy looked very comfertable in the 1st innings

I think excuse that we play outside home and this it is hurting us isnt valid . The UAE is a our home now and we have played some very successful cricket here

Let the match finish
Remember faf du plesis and devilliers were the ones to have batted all day against australia+ duminy looked very comfertable in the 1st innings

Yes lets hope we can get these wickets cheaply and that the tail does not stay in too long as well... we need to keep attacking till the very last wicket

Let the match finish

yes a lot of that can happen but so can a Pakistan victory!

you sound like Malakian.

We will win this test though but it would be better to win the second test as well after the thrashing we got in SA.

Im always cautious when we play aus or saffers..been burnt in the past..devilliers has the potential to do something and duminy is no mug..

As for fortress uae well karachi was a fortress and so were some other home grounds..i want to see us produce good pitches at home and play at home..i love the fact the uae seems to be something pakistan should aspire to..producing grounds and pitches like this..

At the end of the day we're playing away from home and although i love the fact we are doing well id like to see cricket back home.

Btw, just watched the highlights of todays dismissals of top 4 batsmen and especially the last 2 (Kallis and Amla)... Sorry but this batting lineup will not stand for too long.

Like animals got in the headlights.

Only one to watch for is ABDV - the rest are home turf bullies.

And here's a message for our visitors :)

THIS IS SPARTA!

[utube]-qR0Uke2XNI[/utube]

Don't worry your little heads :) .We have been there before with the England series and we were there on the 4th day of the 2nd Test in Abu Dhabi.

Like I said.

Welcome to Fortress UAE.

lol. anyway good luck. You seem to be really excited. I dont want to spoil the party. I will be rooting for SA though (which is obvious). It will be an interesting day.

In tests maybe but remember what happened in the limited over matches.

inshAllah we should win from here, but i hope the bowlers dont get complacent as there are still 6 wickets more to get.

Mig bhai, yeh na ho ke 5th day phir abu dhabi jaana parjaay, jab tak abu bakr de villiers aur jai prakash duminy hai tab tak mattch jeete nahi hum.

100 ki lead bhi leli na unhon ne to humey waqt parjaana hai humey

Btw, just watched the highlights of todays dismissals of top 4 batsmen and especially the last 2 (Kallis and Amla)... Sorry but this batting lineup will not stand for too long.

Like animals got in the headlights.

Only one to watch for is ABDV - the rest are home turf bullies.

And here's a message for our visitors :)

THIS IS SPARTA!

[utube]-qR0Uke2XNI[/utube]

My name is Misbah-ul-Haq Khan Niazi, captain of the wolves of the north, general of the tuk tuk legions and loyal servant to the true chairman, Zaka Ashraf. Friend to a murdered professor, relative to a murdered guldozer. And I shall have my vengeance, in this life, or in the next.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???

It's True. Pakistan has manifold better record in UAE when compared to playing at home. At home , in last 15-20 years, Pakistan has very ordinary record but in UAE they have a very good record. Small sample size but it seems, UAE suits Pakistan more.

Last edited:
:pkflag

I agree with uncle MenIG, this is our fortress, no one defeat us here. Welcome to hell South Africa, prepare for the whitewash and humiliation. First it was England, now it's your turn

Last edited:
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???

LOL, this phrase has so much potential to fit Misbah perfectly when people complain after he actually produces the goods. Could get posted time and time again.

edit -

f2953q.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, this phrase has so much potential to fit Misbah perfectly when people complain after he actually produces the goods. Could get posted time and time again.

edit -

f2953q.jpg

:)))

I think we should reserve threads like these for the end of the series. Not only do we still have to take 6 South African wickets but we also have to beat them in Dubai.

Lol MIG you've certainly been excited these past few days. :p

Fair thread though, Pakistan have been unstoppable in the UAE.

Lol MIG you've certainly been excited these past few days. :p

Fair thread though, Pakistan have been unstoppable in the UAE.

You will agree that as Pakistani supporters, we havent had that much to be excited about in the past few months - so why not?

if we can beat S.A here in the UAE then indeed we will start to have a fortress in which we can defend against all.

Miggy is right, first the demolition of ENG and now SA demolition on the way, UAE is turning out to be impenetrable for opposition teams vs Pak it seems..

Another No.1 Test Team goes down against Pakistan in UAE.

In future No. 1 Test team will avoid playing Pakistan in UAE...:D

Last edited:
If your number 1 don't bother showing up when playing Pakistan in UAE.

It would be a great if we could get India over for a 3 match test series! Maybe that will entice the little master out of an impending retirement. :sachin

Before this match Pakistan's record in the UAE is Played 12, won 6, drawn 4, lost 2.

Pakistan's last Test defeat was in October 2002 against Australia.

I think only India are capable of defeating us in UAE, purely because they play spin better than anyone else.

We can draw against them but we might struggle if they put 600 on the board.

Teams like NZ, WI and Australia too I think will be whitewashed.

South Africa might sneak a draw in the next game.

You cannot win in UAE without a quality spinner no matter how good your fast bowling attack is.

It doesn't get better than Steyn, Philander and Morkel and Anderson and Broad.

UAE is Pakistan's fortress while South Africa is South Africa's fortress. Just like England is England's fortress, India is India's fortress, Australia is Australia's fortress.

Hell even Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are quite great in home conditions. Sri Lanka, West Indies, and New Zealand are also quite good in home conditions.

As you can see, every team tends to play better in home conditions.

Pakistan has hardly been a fortress for us in any format in the last decade.

The fact that we don't play there anymore is a blessing in disguise because UAE pitches suit our players more.

Our fast bowlers and spinners have all contributed so those trying to suggest that these are some kind of dust bowls etc is incorrect

edit -

f2953q.jpg

THIS THIS THIS GIF!!!

He's our gladiator :)

Our fast bowlers and spinners have all contributed so those trying to suggest that these are some kind of dust bowls etc is incorrect

This, it is variety in bowling attack that did the trick.

Fantastic win, still 2 games to go though.

Please don't call Amla or Kallis clueless or a home track bully. These guys are fantastic performers and one bad performance from Kallis does not make him a home track bully.

Amla scored a fantastic 100 if you have not forgotten.

All for chest pumping and celebrating. However, unless we win in Aus and SA, we cannot consider ourselves great or even close to it.

Definitely think the pitches in UAE are not the flat roads you get in Pakistan.

Early in the morning and later in the evening the ball does so a bit if you have quality swing bowlers.

But like others have said, other teams definitely find playing a test series in UAE very hard.

I think only India are capable of defeating us in UAE, purely because they play spin better than anyone else.

We can draw against them but we might struggle if they put 600 on the board.

Teams like NZ, WI and Australia too I think will be whitewashed.

South Africa might sneak a draw in the next game.

You cannot win in UAE without a quality spinner no matter how good your fast bowling attack is.

It doesn't get better than Steyn, Philander and Morkel and Anderson and Broad.

Englands bowling attack was perfect, but their batsman flopped too much

Last 4 test matches in UAE have produced 4 results, has there ever been a string of 4 test matches in Pakistan without a draw match ??

WebGuru you can look into it??

Last edited:
Well since we have started to play here our results have been

0-0 V S.A
1-0 V S.L
3-0 V England
1-0* V S.A

So its been good positive stuff and we havent lost a test in these conditions and we should fancy our chances beating anyone in these conditions.

Probably going to get three innings victories against Australia

Fantastic win, still 2 games to go though.

Please don't call Amla or Kallis clueless or a home track bully. These guys are fantastic performers and one bad performance from Kallis does not make him a home track bully.

Amla scored a fantastic 100 if you have not forgotten.

All for chest pumping and celebrating. However, unless we win in Aus and SA, we cannot consider ourselves great or even close to it.

We take great pride in beating a team which is miles ahead in ratings etc.

And the fact is that Kallis is getting old now - Boycott called it right

Probably going to get three innings victories against Australia

Cant wait for the Aussies to tour, we can win our 1st series against your lot since 1994! Indeed 3-0 thrashing should be on the cards.

No non-subcontinental team will be able to challenge them here.
Of subcontinental team SL are already beaten there, India are not coming to play here as they are probably scared :D.

Id love India to come to the UAE and take pakistan on but the cowards wont have the balls to turn up and have a battle.

We take great pride in beating a team which is miles ahead in ratings etc.

And the fact is that Kallis is getting old now - Boycott called it right

I am over the moon about this fantastic victory too.

My only concern is it is just 1 test match. Lets not get ahead of the game here.

SA have performed well in every country and I will not be surprised if they come back hard in the next 2 games. There batsman had a bad test and bowlers failed to adjust. The only weak link they have is in the spin department (non existant really).

We cannot say we have performed outside sub continent conditions. If you need a reminder, look at the last test we played. We even failed to beat WI in a test series last time we played there, when just about every team was beating them in their own backyard.

Lets be humble and modest in victory and celebrate properly if we win the series.

My only concern is it is just 1 test match. Lets not get ahead of the game here.

SA have performed well in every country and I will not be surprised if they come back hard in the next 2 games. There batsman had a bad test and bowlers failed to adjust. The only weak link they have is in the spin department (non existant really).

We cannot say we have performed outside sub continent conditions. If you need a reminder, look at the last test we played. We even failed to beat WI in a test series last time we played there, when just about every team was beating them in their own backyard.

Lets be humble and modest in victory and celebrate properly if we win the series.

1 game left bro, we have made sure that we dont lose series now

^ just realised that. My comments still remain the same. They will hit us hard and we need to be prepared.

If pakistan keep handing out these pastings in the UAE, Team may start to refuse playing us here :)))

this!

^ just realised that. My comments still remain the same. They will hit us hard and we need to be prepared.

I am prepared - will promptly use my mod privileges and shut this thread down :)

I have noticed that Steyn and Philander have improved as the game progressed so I won't leave out South Africa for the next game. Probably they are the one over seas team who can challenge Pakistan here.

Interesting that pakistan have bowled out the oppostion in 15 out of the 18 inns in games since 2010 in UAE which means we have adapted to the conditions well and conditions arent so called "flat" and "placid" we are making things very tough in the UAE for any team we face.

Some Excellent posts!!! Very very happy for each and every Pakistan fan!!! Keep it up Misbah and his men!!! :)

Interesting that pakistan have bowled out the oppostion in 15 out of the 18 inns in games since 2010 in UAE which means we have adapted to the conditions well and conditions arent so called "flat" and "placid" we are making things very tough in the UAE for any team we face.

Pakistan bowling attack is good. Pacers are decent, spinners are excellent. Sure, the pace attack is nothing like Wasim/Waqar etc. but you can't have that all the time. :D

Beating Pakistan in the UAE is very tough. Your obvious weaknesses are fielding at times (though it's much improved these days) and lower order batting since the departure of Tanvir Ahmed, who was kind of a #7 batsman batting at eight.

Last 4 test matches in UAE have produced 4 results, has there ever been a string of 4 test matches in Pakistan without a draw match ??

WebGuru you can look into it??

Yes it did happened and even more thn that

If we look at the matches played between 7 Dec 2000 to 12 Nov 2005 there are 16 matches in total and only one resulted in a draw (one was canceled)

rfjk.png

I did not see this coming tbh! Never thought we would win each and every session of the match against number 1 test side.

i can see quite clearly now why australia and india would prefer playing pakistan on neutral soil

Its only fitting that in a strict country like UAE, where crimes are punished with the full force of the law, that countries receive a swift and severe phaintey for topping ICC rankings.

We need to win the toss in the next match or we will lose.

South African bowling in the 4th innings was stunning.

I have noticed that Steyn and Philander have improved as the game progressed so I won't leave out South Africa for the next game. Probably they are the one over seas team who can challenge Pakistan here.

Look its like this. If they have improved, so have Pakistan. The openers will have some more to learn but the ease with which Misbah and YK played them should also send a signal to the Saffers.

Look its like this. If they have improved, so have Pakistan. The openers will have some more to learn but the ease with which Misbah and YK played them should also send a signal to the Saffers.

It was just a case of the youngsters getting excited. The two experienced heads showed there was nothing in the pitch once the shine was off ~10 overs.

Back