GM Flare

shirazi_r

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Took delivery of a GM Flare today for a friend of mine and I must say I'm VERY impressed. I figured, being a GM it would have a good balance but I didn't expect it to be better than my Icon. As it turns out, both bats are the same weight and the Flare with it's higher sweetspot picks up beautifully.

Of course, seeing as it's not my bat I didn't get a chance to test the ping or sound but it seems a real beast of a bat.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you guys know my thoughts on the GM Flare. If you're on the fence about this one, go for it!

pm22.jpg

P.S. GM 2011 stickers looks much better in person than they do in photos, I'm sure CD will attest to that.

I haven't seen GM Flare yet as I did go to Hagee but he didn't show them.

Anyways, from what I have seen and heard I get an impression it is a very good shape!

Actually I was thinking of getting Flare instead of Icon but then Icon won the race because of concaving and spine.

Hmm you got it wrong there, Flare's sweetspot is basically in the middle rather than higher than Icon.

I agree the new stickers look much better in person rather than pictures. All of my clubmate said that and thats what I think. But even then I would still say cricketer13 bhai's Icon LE stickers are better than mine well for me they are! The new stickers look the best on Luna I must say.

I haven't seen GM Flare yet as I did go to Hagee but he didn't show them.

Anyways, from what I have seen and heard I get an impression it is a very good shape!

Actually I was thinking of getting Flare instead of Icon but then Icon won the race because of concaving and spine.

Hmm you got it wrong there, Flare's sweetspot is basically in the middle rather than higher than Icon.

I agree the new stickers look much better in person rather than pictures. All of my clubmate said that and thats what I think. But even then I would still say cricketer13 bhai's Icon LE stickers are better than mine well for me they are! The new stickers look the best on Luna I must say.

The shape really is beautiful, it seems less meaty than the Icon but it feels a little more forgiving.

As for the sweetspot, GM says the Icon is higher but comparing them side by side shows that the Flare's sweetspot is a tad higher and not quite as long as the Icon's.

In the case of the Luna, brown stickers don't quite do it for me. ;)

The shape really is beautiful, it seems less meaty than the Icon but it feels a little more forgiving.

As for the sweetspot, GM says the Icon is higher but comparing them side by side shows that the Flare's sweetspot is a tad higher and not quite as long as the Icon's.

In the case of the Luna, brown stickers don't quite do it for me. ;)

If you don't mind can I ask which model is it ? Also if it is convenient for you do you mind posting pictures of it? Perhaps a picture comparison of two? I mean do this if its convenient for you. I would really appreciate it!

Ahh okay, I hope to hold one Flare soon so I will check it out.

Well for that you will have to look at Luna, once you see Luna your words will change trust me!

If you don't mind can I ask which model is it ? Also if it is convenient for you do you mind posting pictures of it? Perhaps a picture comparison of two? I mean do this if its convenient for you. I would really appreciate it!

Ahh okay, I hope to hold one Flare soon so I will check it out.

Well for that you will have to look at Luna, once you see Luna your words will change trust me!

It's a 303 just as my Icon is. By the way, I will say that the 303 range is damn good value for money. Most people dismiss it as it's low grade EW but since playing with it a couple of times, the Icon is pinging better than bats worth three times as much!

On a more relevant note, I'll try and snap a quick photo of the two bats together.

As for the Luna, I've seen it and felt it and all I can say is.... meh. I'd take a Flare or Icon over a Luna any day.

It's a 303 just as my Icon is. By the way, I will say that the 303 range is damn good value for money. Most people dismiss it as it's low grade EW but since playing with it a couple of times, the Icon is pinging better than bats worth three times as much!

On a more relevant note, I'll try and snap a quick photo of the two bats together.

As for the Luna, I've seen it and felt it and all I can say is.... meh. I'd take a Flare or Icon over a Luna any day.

Actually I believe it as well. I mean for indoors I think 303 range is great where balls are cheap and surface is concrete. If it turns out to be better then I would say it is bonus and use it in games as well.

Personally I would say if one wants a carbon copy of a bat then buy a low end one and top end and use low end in nets etc. At the end both are same shape/profile etc.

I really appreciate your efforts, JazakAllah Khair bro!

For this I would say it depends and each to its own :)

YA the 303 range does play very well. I had a catalyst 606 a long time ago and a hero just 2 years ago and it was a 303 and I gotta say.......It played the same if not better then my cstalyst!

YA the 303 range does play very well. I had a catalyst 606 a long time ago and a hero just 2 years ago and it was a 303 and I gotta say.......It played the same if not better then my cstalyst!

If you don't mind the 303 range, buy an Icon 303 and see if you like it. If you do, keep it for net practice and get a higher grade before the season. Conversely, if you think you can deal with something heavier after you try it out, then go for the GM+ afterwards.

Try here:

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...-Ready-ToeTek-Black-Silver-26358.aspx?cur=usd

LOL WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT......dude thats some gude advice

If a 303 is like 15 bucks then why not!!!??? I could get a sorta heavy one in that and if i like it....go for the full 808 plus! Thans for the advice bro......really appreciate it

Riz bhai, do you have any pics of this Flare.

I would be very interested to see what it looks like.

JazakallahKHAIR.

CC bhai, I have read about your situation, and I must say, although I do have a Flare, I would reccomend to you an Icon as the I have used a club-mates and the pick up is just sublime.

Riz bhai has given you an excellent peice of advice about getting a 303 and then if you like it then purchase a higher end model.

Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever bat you decide to purchase. Inshallah it will turn out a gun.

Thanks QS! which has a better pickup.......the icon or flare? The only thing im deciding is between those two bats and the only thing that matters to me now is the pickup and balance. What do you suggest. Also, which bat do you think is better for hard...solid hitting and something over the top slogging? Thanks for you help!

Riz bhai, do you have any pics of this Flare.

I would be very interested to see what it looks like.

JazakallahKHAIR.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the Flare. It essentially looks like my Icon 303 (white polycoat) with a Flare profile obviously.

DSC08450.jpg

Thanks QS! which has a better pickup.......the icon or flare? The only thing im deciding is between those two bats and the only thing that matters to me now is the pickup and balance. What do you suggest. Also, which bat do you think is better for hard...solid hitting and something over the top slogging? Thanks for you help!

GM says that the Flare is a better bat for power hitting but I doubt it seeing as the Icon has a longer middle and thicker edges. As for pickup, the Flare and Icon are both excellent but I find the concaving to give the Icon just that little edge.

Check out the edges on my Icon 303 and I think you'll find that it's quite a good size for the weight. The bat is 2'10.

DSC08457.jpg

LOL WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT......dude thats some gude advice

If a 303 is like 15 bucks then why not!!!??? I could get a sorta heavy one in that and if i like it....go for the full 808 plus! Thans for the advice bro......really appreciate it

If you wish to keep separate bat for nets that this advice is the best but if you want to buy one bat then I would oppose to it.

ya I did some snooping around and I would have mentioned it before but when I first saw the price of the 303 I thought it was 15 dollars lol. No im afraid I dont have the money to buy 2 bats.

dd

Hi guys,

As some may know im looking to get either a GM icon or GM flare for the next season. I had an icon before and I have seen pics of them but not so much the flare. I have held one but that was for like 30 seconds and I still dont have a great idea of what its like. If there is anybody out there who can provide pictures and a little description of the flare can you please post some onto this thread?

Thanks so much if you can. Thoughts and opinions on the flare too please.

No problem bhai.

I would have to agree with Riz bhai, that Icon does have longer middle and big edges so I would have to say that Icon would be your best bet, considering the style in which you play. Also you seem quite concerned about the pick up of bats, but rest assure the balance and pick up is just fantastic on the Icon. Even ask CD or KR bhai.

Last edited:
ya I did some snooping around and I would have mentioned it before but when I first saw the price of the 303 I thought it was 15 dollars lol. No im afraid I dont have the money to buy 2 bats.

Oh, that's quite unfortunate. Nevertheless if you have any clubmates or friends that have the Icon you could ask them to lend you it for a couple of nets or something?

Ya the thing is very few of my mates have an english made bat in the first place so it will be hard to find someone around here that even has a GM bat lol

I will probably go with you on that one.........most likely icon...........but something about the flare makes it seem better to me. I just wanna pickup both of them and see which one is better and it will make it a lot easier!

Hi guys,

As some may know im looking to get either a GM icon or GM flare for the next season. I had an icon before and I have seen pics of them but not so much the flare. I have held one but that was for like 30 seconds and I still dont have a great idea of what its like. If there is anybody out there who can provide pictures and a little description of the flare can you please post some onto this thread?

Thanks so much if you can. Thoughts and opinions on the flare too please.

Here you go mate;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=3328481&postcount=258

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=3112144&highlight=Flare#post3112144

If you wait another week I will post more pictures as a Flare is in pipeline..

Back