Local Club Regular
Runs
gnoblivionpadsgloves1.jpg

gnoblivionpadsgloves3.jpg

gnoblivionpadsgloves4.jpg

gnoblivionpadsgloves6.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Majid Bhai.

MashAllah, everything looks superb. In the catalogue the pads and gloves picture weren't great but now it looks great!

It would have been great if the silver extra protection wasn't on the gloves.

Majid Bhai, how heavy are these gloves ?

It would look great if you re-sticker your Evo as Oblivion.

Looks great Majid Bhai.

MashAllah, everything looks superb. In the catalogue the pads and gloves picture weren't great but now it looks great!

It would have been great if the silver extra protection wasn't on the gloves.

Majid Bhai, how heavy are these gloves ?

It would look great if you re-sticker your Evo as Oblivion.
I had also 1st thought the gloves and pads would be heavy but the pads are light and gloves are feather light. I might get the Evo restickered or I'll buy a GN Oblivion bat when the season starts here in the UK.

Majid, how do you like the sausage style gloves?
I can't stand them, yet when I bat in them I make plenty of runs. Something about not being able to comfortably hold the bat that makes my technique sharpen up. More top hand dominance and a tendency to place the ball instead of trying to hit the cover off it.

Majid, how do you like the sausage style gloves?
I can't stand them, yet when I bat in them I make plenty of runs. Something about not being able to comfortably hold the bat that makes my technique sharpen up. More top hand dominance and a tendency to place the ball instead of trying to hit the cover off it.
Dosta, I dont really like or use sausage style gloves that much but these ones felt better then any other I tried/used. Gloves are super soft, comfortable, lightweight and they have new technology called flex-tec(more flexible). My SF platinum split finger gloves are best for a player who likes to use bottom hand more and can grip around the handle tight.

Last edited:
Gloves are so good and am thinking of buying another pair but nxt time I will buy GN evo 2011 split style gloves.

Last edited:
Still falsely suggesting that Cook uses these pads I see.
125377.jpg

Those be Legends, boy.

Made a slight change to the top straps by making them 3/4 cm shorter.
Image0593.jpg

Last edited:
so that it is a better fit and doesnt peek out when strapped to ur legs...

I could have done that but the problem was the pads are different (1 has more padding then the other) The one with more padding is for my left leg(front/lead leg) when I wear it the straps are pointing inwards and if i bunch it up they would still touch other pad whilst running so I just professionally made it shorter. I've marked the pads as L and R.

Last edited:
Which Oblivion will you buy ?
I was going to buy GN Oblivion 5 star but the problem is oblivion has a lowish middle which i really hate becuase I prefer middle to be little higher as I play more of the back foot. I might end up buying GN kaboom £120 I know this is grade 2/3 but I know from experience that lower grade perform & ping really well then theirs not much point of buying a £200 plus bat. People who dont know much about bats believe only grade 1 and the bat has to be expensive for it to perform good but thats not true at all becuase quite often cheaper/lower grade bats outperform expensive bats. While back I use to purchase only expensive grade 1 or 1+ bats but as I got to know bit more abt bats then I soon realised that I was just wasting money on expensive bats when cheaper bats perform just as good. Thesedays I can get a really good bat for £60-70.

Last edited:
Majid bhai u fall in love just a lil too often ;)
nice kit Love it :p

Beautiful set Mashallah.

thanks.. you right cric_fan82.. I do sometimes overate stuff when I 1st get them & these GN are not quite the best softs I've ever got. The best ones were my SS Matrix pads and SS millenium pro gloves frm last season. GN and SS pads have similarities and similar weight and padding etc but SS had better feel and they wrapped around the legs perfectly.

SSWHITES1.jpg

SSWHITES.jpg

ssgloves22.jpg

mygloves.jpg

KR..........I see u got the GN EVO...............what is it like? Also, how would u compare the pickup to the GM icon?

Also.............whats the spine like on the bat? Does it have a lot of concaving?

Its a decent bat at the moment. I been knocking it in over 4/5 months and it still hasnt really started performing to its full potential but I'll using this bats in the nets for nxt few weeks and it will improve more quickly when I use it more in nets against real bowling and throwdowns.

GN evo is 2.9 and pick up is good but not as great as GM and GM is 3 or 4 ounces heavier but it feels just lighter then Evo and has much better balance overall.

My Evo bat has very little concaving but I have seen other evo bats in shops which have had more concaving. The 2011 evo bats I have seen have better balance and much improved pick up.

Here are few pictures, its decent size bat for 2.9 and 35 mm edges.

GNbatevo1.jpg

GNbatevo2.jpg

GNbatevo4.jpg

GNbatevo5.jpg

GNbatevo6.jpg

Last edited:
Back on topic,
I have been using these pads in nets since last 4/5 weeks and they feel great and very comfortable. The protection on them is good but not been tested yet.. I have not been hit on the pads.

thanks mate,

my avatar/profile says Pakistan Zindabad and it means Long live Pakistan.

KR...........do u reccomend the EVO bat? I want a really good pickup thats it nothing else. How does the pickup/feel compare to the icons'?

nope i dont recommend it and pick up/feel/balance is no way near as good as GM Icon.

Back