Gray Nicolls Pro Performance Bats

SalmanK

Debutant
Runs
Can anyone share their experience regarding GN Pro Perf bats? I am thinking of picking up a Xiphos or Evo since prodirect seems to have an unbelievable sale going on right now...

Also, anyone use a GN bat with carbon fibre handles? I would love to try one of those, but the Carbo range is 2 notches below the pro perf range. Wonder if the willow quality is "inferior" given the price difference ...

Thoughts appreciated!

I haven't use dhigh end Gray Nicolls bats BUT I have used lower end bats and I must say they are very good. They certainly take time to open up (I believe this is due to pressing) but once they are opened they go like a gun!

I am getting very tempted to get one from Pro Direct as well.

I don't think i came across a carbon fibre one, do you mind sharing the link?

Btw, has anyone purchased from prodirect? Site looks good, I suppose they are reliable?

One of PP poster have purchased a Salix from them and it was beauty!

So yes they are reliable.

Really?? Noone else has any thoughts/experience with GN pro perf bats?

One of the best bats ive ever owned was a GN powerbow pp, it was so good imran farhat who used to play in our league back in 2006 managed to swindle it off me. Beware though they cost a premium but worth every penny.

One of the best bats ive ever owned was a GN powerbow pp, it was so good imran farhat who used to play in our league back in 2006 managed to swindle it off me. Beware though they cost a premium but worth every penny.

Enough said :)

one of my best bats has been a 5 star. two my team mates have Evo's and Nitro 5 stars. Both play amazingly well. I like GN bats - there shapes may be a bit boring - but there good quality, though not cosmetically the best looking. Their new line looks fantastic.

I agree with ca_gold Bhai. Gray Nicolls bats are not the prettiest in the market (in terms of appearence) and don't perform right away but once they open up (after a season of use) they literally go like a train. The first bat I bought was GN Powerbow 3 Star and in my eyes it has performed better than my top of the line bats such as CA 12000 Plus. I remember last year I played a shot towards the off side and it was raining that day so all I did was middled it with no Afridiish power and the ball went all the way to boundary but umpire never gave four or six.

did he at least give you one in exchange?

He gave me one of his brothers AS G200 but it was nowhere near as good as the Gray Nicolls.

One thing i remember about him is that he was very particular about his bats and never used anything over 2.8 in weight.

Thanks everyone, especially Goggy and ca_gold. Think I will add a GN to my bat collection :D

aamer bhai - here is a question for you. i will be in the UK for 3 days in feburary - of which i would only be able to devote an afternoon to cricket bat shopping. I will be in London - but where do you recommend i go to visit to pick out a bat (price not really an issue). I think my options can be within an hour of london (driving distances). I'm probably most interseted in the New Grey Nicolls bats, Warsops, or do I go with Asad bhai from Uzi and get a custom made Newbery (this may require the most time and is subject to both their availabilities).

Lords are holding a GN day in February where you can choose your cleft and handle etc. £200 but you do get a lords tour for two included :butt

http://www.lords.org/online-shop/news/the-ultimate-cricket-bat-experience,1393,AR.html

I saw two people buying bats from these and one of them ended up with a horrible Powerbow Performance and sother had to send two of his bats sent back to GN for a replacement as they weren't according to his specs.

So I seriously question there grade.

aamer bhai - here is a question for you. i will be in the UK for 3 days in feburary - of which i would only be able to devote an afternoon to cricket bat shopping. I will be in London - but where do you recommend i go to visit to pick out a bat (price not really an issue). I think my options can be within an hour of london (driving distances). I'm probably most interseted in the New Grey Nicolls bats, Warsops, or do I go with Asad bhai from Uzi and get a custom made Newbery (this may require the most time and is subject to both their availabilities).

Uzi Sports is in Wiltshire.

yes i mean i'd have to go out there first - and then plan a trip

Sorry I don't know of many retailers in London as I live in Reading.

However I like Serious Cricket in Basingstoke. They have a good selection at decent prices.

Fordham Sports is in London.

http://www.fordhamsports.co.uk/

Back