Hajj

UJ

T20I Debutant
Runs
How many have you have performed Hajj before, and how many times?

If you havent performed Hajj as yet, when do you intend to make the pilgrimage?

I havent performed Hajj yet but hopefully soon I'll get a chance.

i have been on umrah before but not yet been for hajj. insha allah i will go on hajj once i have the financial means

I did mine 1985, August !! Very Very hot but Alhamdolillah!

I'm only thirteen, inshallah, I will have an oppurtunity to make Al-Haj.

InshAllah i'd love perform Hajj in the future, ive heard a lot about the places around, when the Adhaan is heard, everyone stops what they are doing, leaves their cars unlocked and its silence

That within itself is just brilliant.

has anyone been on it and if so how was it like

i ve been its good experience its all bout patience

yeah did mine in 2002..alhumdullilah the best experience of my life..when i came back i had a feeling of utter contentment...if i had died with that feeling i would have died happy...first thing that struck me was the power of the kaaba!!..my knees buckled at its sight..such awesome energy surrounds that place...still raises the hairs on my back...i still remember the first time i saw it..wow..almost lost my footing...everyone should go if you have the means...its just awesome!!!

I did Hajj this year Allhamdulilah. It is the greatest experience. Seeing the Kaba for the first time- even when we've seen it so many times on TV and pictures is so captivating and moving. It is tough but worth so much, like the Great khan said, you feel so content mashallah...

Inshallah I hope i get another or even more chances to go again!

I went on Hajj in 1999. I was 16 at the time. I plan to go again soon with my own money now that I have been working and earning. Best experience of my life.

this year not many tragedies occured unlike 05-06 hajj but as i was sayin its all bout patience if uve got it hajj seems easy

i had patience mashallah and it seemed easy

Alhamdulillah, have completed my Hajj, may Allah SWT accept it in sha Allah.

Looking forward to Wednesday as we will travel to Madina Shareef. Have missed this beautiful city.

Looking forward to Wednesday as we will travel to Madina Shareef. Have missed this beautiful city.

Mubarak bro!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Congratulations. I wish I would do it soon too.

Have always wondered ... how does Saudi govt treat pilgrims from South Asia vs. “differently skinned” pilgrims from rest of the world? Have heard not so favourable first hand comments from indian/srilankan/bangla people about Middle East in general, so thought I’d ask. Apologies if this isn’t appropriate for this thread.

Have always wondered ... how does Saudi govt treat pilgrims from South Asia vs. “differently skinned” pilgrims from rest of the world? Have heard not so favourable first hand comments from indian/srilankan/bangla people about Middle East in general, so thought I’d ask. Apologies if this isn’t appropriate for this thread.

Some of my relatives/neighbors went to Hajj and they didn't say anything negative.

I personally feel that treatments of Saudis are often exaggerated.

There can be occasional racism issues but you can find racism in western countries too.

Some of my relatives/neighbors went to Hajj and they didn't say anything negative.

I personally feel that treatments of Saudis are often exaggerated.

There can be occasional racism issues but you can find racism in western countries too.

The officials are too busy to start discriminating. Some of them are actually very nice and helpful people, regardless of who you are.

During Hajj season they are super nice and kind to all Hajjis.

You will find every kind of people there. Some are very nice, about others you maybe can’t say the same, and they do seem to favour ethnic arabs, but we have to remember they have to handle 3-5 million people from different countries/cultures in a small place simutaniously so they have a very tough job. We as pilgrims should stay patient and everything will be fine.

The bigger issue is to avoid illness when so many people are gathered together. I got fever and everyone is coughing here, Alhamdulillah I am fine now.

Back