Haryana student Aryan Mishra mistaken for cow smuggler, chased for 25 km, killed

Bhaag Viru Bhaag

Senior Test Player
Runs

Five people, identified as cow vigilantes, were arrested on charges of killing a Class 12 student after mistaking him for a cattle smuggler in Faridabad.​

A 19-year-old Class 12 student was shot and killed after he was mistaken for a cattle smuggler in Haryana's Faridabad. The accused chased the victim's car for 25 kilometres before killing him. Five people were arrested in connection with the incident.

faridabad-student-killed-034618459-16x9_0.jpg

Aryan Mishra, the victim, went out with his friends Harshit and Shanky in a Duster car around midnight on August 23 to eat noodles. The accused, identified as cow vigilantes, told police during questioning that they had received information that some cattle smugglers were conducting surveillance in the city using Duster and Fortuner SUVs.

The accused also claimed the alleged cattle smugglers were calling their associates to pick up cows in a truck from isolated areas.

The accused, who were also in a car, spotted the Duster and signalled it to stop. Harshit was driving the Duster, in which Aryan was also present. Shanky and two women were seated in the back of the car.

Police said that Harshit and Shanky was recently involved in a dispute with a man and had an attempt to murder case against him. When the accused signalled them to stop, the occupants of the Duster mistakenly believed that the same man was confronting them due to a previous dispute. In a bid to escape, they sped away.

The vigilantes, now convinced that the Duster occupants were cattle smugglers, began chasing them. Harshit drove the car for about 25 kilometres and broke through the barrier at the Palwal toll plaza. The accused then opened fire on the Duster and a bullet went through the rear window and struck Aryan, who was sitting shotgun.

After Aryan was shot, Harshit pulled over, but the attackers approached and fired another shot into Aryan's chest, resulting in his death.

A Faridabad Police official said the arrested suspects were identified as Anil Kaushik, Varun, Krishna, Adesh and Saurav.

Police said the accused initially tried to mislead them by claiming they had thrown the murder weapon into a canal. However, the weapon was later recovered from Anil's residence.

The incident comes days after a migrant worker was beaten to death by cow vigilantes in Haryana's Charkhi Dadri district over suspicion of consuming beef. Police had arrested seven people for the murder.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji’un. Awful. Just blindly accusing.

Unfortunate and Om shanti, I don’t want to generalise but have seen Mishrajis across North India are extremely pro cow vigilantes as well.

Unfortunate and Om shanti, I don’t want to generalise but have seen Mishrajis across North India are extremely pro cow vigilantes as well.
A cattle smuggler has it easy. The smuggler can kill anyone. The vigilante who want to catch the smugglers run the risk like this, where a mistake can be tragic.

That is why catching these smugglers should better be done by law enforcement.

Indians appear to go to great lengths to avoid being labeled as a 'religiously radicalized country,' yet are quick to brand anyone highlighting Hindutva bigotry as 'Islamists.' In a rather ironic twist, however, they are inadvertently steering India toward becoming a Hindutva version of the very 'Islamist' nation they so adamantly claim to oppose.

RIP to deceased.

You won't find a bigger scum than sanghis and their andhbhakts.

Indians appear to go to great lengths to avoid being labeled as a 'religiously radicalized country,' yet are quick to brand anyone highlighting Hindutva bigotry as 'Islamists.' In a rather ironic twist, however, they are inadvertently steering India toward becoming a Hindutva version of the very 'Islamist' nation they so adamantly claim to oppose.
I think this will also help curb islamophobia. I always tell hindus to have the zeal and discipline of muslims. Learn all the good qualities from them. I hope to see hindus becoming like muslims.

PS: have been told by a few muslims that I will make a good muslim. Most fond memory was when I was travelling in a train to Delhi, and a muslim lady from Calcutta started a conversation. She had an exquisite box of paan/betel leaves, and I could not stop myself from saying that you look very khaandani and educated. She smiled with modesty and said BA pass hoon. I told her about the struggles in my life, and she told her that her son had married a hindu bengali girl, and said that he would not marry anyone, if his mother did not allow this marriage. When we reached Delhi, she asked: Beta, tum musalmaan ho? I told her No, ma'am. But people get mistaken that I am one. They she asked for my name, closed her eyes and said some verses and said she prayed that the problem I was facing in my life would be gone. And indeed, in a year that major problem was solved. That is why I always remember that angel.

All the Hindus who support sanghis and their hate politics, should always remember this incident. This poisonous snake of communalism can diss anyone, be it Hindu or Muslim.

It’s just a case of misunderstanding. Millions die in Bharat every day for various reasons. Not everything is a news unless you want to use it to further your propaganda against Hindus.

All the Hindus who support sanghis and their hate politics, should always remember this incident. This poisonous snake of communalism can diss anyone, be it Hindu or Muslim.
It happens everywhere, where law enforcement target the wrong person mistakenly. Recent cases in USA where innocent civilians were killed in police raid. Criminals don't work in any boundary, but cops have to be very sure that they have the right person.

That is why, law enforcement should take care of these smugglers. Vigilantes don't have the necessary training.

Cow vigilantes need to hunted down by the government. If they see a problem, they need to report it to the police. Not shooting or killing the alleged smuggler.

Just because sanghi cow vigilantes are bad, you don’t swing to the other extreme and start pandering to central sections of the society and divide Hindus based on caste.

Remember the party you support are the ones that have done massacres before. Once during Mahatma Gandhis death and the other during Indira Gandhi’s death.

Just because sanghi cow vigilantes are bad, you don’t swing to the other extreme and start pandering to central sections of the society and divide Hindus based on caste.

Remember the party you support are the ones that have done massacres before. Once during Mahatma Gandhis death and the other during Indira Gandhi’s death.
It is therefore a problem for India as a whole, rather than an issue confined to a particular political party.

Cow vigilantes need to hunted down by the government. If they see a problem, they need to report it to the police. Not shooting or killing the alleged smuggler.
First law enforcement should hunt down the smugglers. If they cannot do that, then vigilantism will arise to fill the void.

cattle smugglers need to be eradicated.

Hindutva strikes again, when will this madness end ?

Cow worship is against Hindutva as per Savarkar. I don’t he would appreciate these vigilantes if he were alive today.
Ban on cow slaughter was a topic very dear to Gandhi. It is in the constitution under directive principles of state policy.

Cow slaughter ban is a gandhian ideal.

Law enforcement should take care of it. Vigilantism is just the side effect of police not doing its job.

This strike was a mistake, and happens in USA too. The strike should be for cattle smugglers. They are the real evil.

Indians from surgical strikes to isolated strikes .

RSS needs to sound a few crore to educate their followers, eating cow is normal for most humans . Don’t take it so seriously you kill humans over an animal

Explain this to Aryan Mishra's father. I am sure he will give you a nice 'chittar' on your face.
Of course it is tragic. The fact that it was a mistaken case doesn't mean it is not tragic.

But the real menace which you want to hide is the smugglers.

Indians from surgical strikes to isolated strikes .

RSS needs to sound a few crore to educate their followers, eating cow is normal for most humans . Don’t take it so seriously you kill humans over an animal
It is not just that. These are smugglers who steal cattle and are breaking the law, and they kill humans who try to stop them from stealing.

It is not just that. These are smugglers who steal cattle and are breaking the law, and they kill humans who try to stop them from stealing.

Pablo Escobar will be turning in his grave .

Why would anyone need to smuggle cattle ? Lol

Before Hindus used to pull down the trousers of victims to see if they were circumcised before beating or killing them.

This new trend of shooting on suspicion of being Muslim shows they don't even care about that now.

Before Hindus used to pull down the trousers of victims to see if they were circumcised before beating or killing them.

This new trend of shooting on suspicion of being Muslim shows they don't even care about that now.
The suspicion was for cow smuggler.

Is there non Muslim cow smugglers?

I thought cow smuggler is just a code word for a Muslim.
Why would they take so much trouble if they just wanted to kill muslims.

I don't know if cow smugglers are all muslims. Should cow smugglers be allowed to break law and steal cattle, if majority of them happen to be muslims?

Why would they take so much trouble if they just wanted to kill muslims.

I don't know if cow smugglers are all muslims. Should cow smugglers be allowed to break law and steal cattle, if majority of them happen to be muslims?
Should they be shot in the back in a high speed chase?

Unlike you, I'm not an andhbhakt of any political ideology let alone of biggest bigots ever.

First law enforcement should hunt down the smugglers. If they cannot do that, then vigilantism will arise to fill the void.

cattle smugglers need to be eradicated.
Lol, sanghi CM of Haryana, Saini has categorically washed his hands off these so called gau sewaks after they lynched yet another Muslim.

Wonder what would that bigot say now that they have lynched a Hindu!

RIP!

Just too disappointed at the news to say anything.
Wish this solved anything.

What best we can do is to stop voting for such bigots altogether. Power makes these bigots go to such extremes of killing innocent people.

Lol, sanghi CM of Haryana, Saini has categorically washed his hands off these so called gau sewaks after they lynched yet another Muslim.

Wonder what would that bigot say now that they have lynched a Hindu!
He should have police force handle the smugglers. Vigilantes are fine to fill the void, but when it comes to hardcore criminals, then it is the domain of the police, not un trained vigilantes trying to catch smugglers.

This is what that scum Saini said,

We have implemented strict laws to protect cows, and there is no compromise on this matter. People's sentiments are deeply connected to Gau Mata (Mother Cow), and when such information arises, villagers tend to react.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take that andhbhakt who said sanghis have nothing to do with these lynchers.

Take that andhbhakt who said sanghis have nothing to do with these lynchers.
This is not lynching. This is a tragic mistake. The smugglers are the menace who need to be eradicated.

But wonder why you say nothing about smuggler criminals.

They are confused, paranoid, and evil.

Ended up killing one of their own.

This is football's equivalent of own goal.

They are confused, impatient, paranoid, and evil.

Ended up killing one of their own.

This is football's equivalent of own goal.
Glad that you accept that it is the smugglers who should be killed. No one else could accept that.

Wish this solved anything.

What best we can do is to stop voting for such bigots altogether. Power makes these bigots go to such extremes of killing innocent people.
I'm seriously disappointed everytime I hear such news. And we have been hearing of such news with such alarming regularity since years, it's bloody sickening. I don't even know whether the culprits end up facing justice. But regardless, what justice can be provided to a person after he is killed by such elements in the society.​

I'm seriously disappointed everytime I hear such news. And we have been hearing of such news with such alarming regularity since years, it's bloody sickening. I don't even know whether the culprits end up facing justice. But regardless, what justice can be provided to a person after he is killed by such elements in the society.​
No justice is good enough if the victim is not even alive.

All have been arrested. They will spend their life in remorse. Hardened criminals like smugglers don't operate within any boundary, but if you want to be a vigilante or law enforcer, you cannot afford any mistake. They will pay for their mistake.

But notice how everyone is using it to give a pass to the smuggler criminals.

All have been arrested. They will spend their life in remorse. Hardened criminals like smugglers don't operate within any boundary, but if you want to be a vigilante or law enforcer, you cannot afford any mistake. They will pay for their mistake.

But notice how everyone is using it to give a pass to the smuggler criminals.
And that's good enough to justify what's been going on in our country in terms of cows and their stature in Hinduism, right? A boy lost his life at the tender age of 19, and yet you have no problem in giving sermons and lectures in this thread.

And that's good enough to justify what's been going on in our country in terms of cows and their stature in Hinduism, right? A boy lost his life at the tender age of 19, and yet you have no problem in giving sermons and lectures in this thread.
It was a tragic mistake. One side is using it to justify the smugglers.

What do you want me to say, that let smugglers operate with freedom?

Hillary said this really well in context of terrorists harbored by Pakistan.

She said when you befriend snakes and hope they only bite your neighbours.

These things will not stop. This is the result of RSS brainwashing people at grass root levels. They have corrupted the mind of whole generations and filled them with hatred.

It was a tragic mistake. One side is using it to justify the smugglers.

What do you want me to say, that let smugglers operate with freedom?
It's the duty of the police to work on the matter and take action. Me and you can at best provide information to the police. We can't beat to death or even mercilessly beat up a person even if he is guilty.

It's the duty of the police to work on the matter and take action. Me and you can at best provide information to the police. We can't beat to death or even mercilessly beat up a person even if he is guilty.
Yes, already said that in the thread. That vigilance is fine, but these kind of things is better left to cops.

Every citizen should be a vigilant and report law enforcement about criminals.

Hillary said this really well in context of terrorists harbored by Pakistan.

She said when you befriend snakes and hope they only bite your neighbours.
It doesn't mean that you befriend smugglers and hope they only kill sanghis.

You could make a case that cows are better than a big percentage of human beings.

Cows and cartoons, don't forget the latter. Muslims don't hold the moral high ground on this issue of blasphemy vigilantism. It used to be solely an islamic problem, now it has steadily become a hindu problem too.

Cows and cartoons, don't forget the latter. Muslim don't hold the moral high ground on this issue of blasphemy vigilantism. It used to be solely an islamic problem, now it has steadily become a hindu problem too.
It is not a problem. This is way it should be. Muslims have every right to protect the honour of their religion.

Cows and cartoons, don't forget the latter. Muslims don't hold the moral high ground on this issue of blasphemy vigilantism. It used to be solely an islamic problem, now it has steadily become a hindu problem too.
I think it was a Hindu problem first.

Same with a suicide bombing originally Hindu Tamils ( they say secular but were HIndus).

It is not a problem. This is way it should be. Muslims have every right to protect the honour of their religion.

Alright .. enjoy the bloodshed. Your God is so proud of you protecting him. He's helpless and needs you.

Alright .. enjoy the bloodshed. Your God is so proud of you protecting him. He's helpless and needs you.
What a brain dead question. Who can enjoy the bloodshed of innocents. God is beyond human emotions. We only have to do our dharma and not worry about anything else.

These matters should be handled by authorities and not a bloodthirsty mob. What a sad loss, Om Shanti.

Back