Have the recent events in Bangladesh made you look at Pakistan with more admiration

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
I must honestly confess that since last decade i had come under the wrong impression that Bangladeshis were as an awaam more liberal, progressive and supportive towards minorities. I was no expert at politics in Bangladesh but a mix of Bangladesh being on the path of economic progress under a stable government of Sheikh Hasina and Pakistan going through its worst phase had influenced my judgement.

After the recent violent coup in Bangladesh in which the mobs desecrated their democratic institutions, acted like barbarians to even innocent animals and the way the jamati goons have targeted the hindus in Bangladesh with little to no genuine opposition from their military and liberal class, i am forced to rethink my opinion.

Pakistan has had its share of troubles.
Its made terrible mistakes in the past.
But they are a different class as an awaam and as a qaum. They would never do these things.

A Pakistan would go to war with Bharat and will give his life for the cause but a true Pakistani will never stoop to this level.

I remember when Tarek Farah used to say that Bengalis were looked down upon by both Bharatiya and Pakistanis. That Bharatiya army generals would have whiskey and gupp shupp with their Pakistani counterparts even while being at war with them and they would never bestow such hospitality to the Bengalis who were their partners. I now understand why. Bharatiyas and Pakistanis might wanna kill each other but we are cut from the same cloth we can’t hide that.

After all the wars, Imran Khan was always celebrated in Bharat as a hero. Its only after repeated regrettable events that we were forced to take a step back.

nope, bengalis have managed their country way better than pakistanis.

the pak india relationship is because north indians and pakistanis are culturally similar. leave politics and religion aside and they will get on just fine. but culturally south indians, west indians and bengladeshis are all quite different to pakistanis, however that doesnt negate the first point i made.

educated pakistanis will also always have a soft spot for bangadesh cos they know Pakistan did them wrong.

At this point in time, you will find every Pakistani looking at Bangladesh and admiring what they did, and what Pakistanis couldn’t or weren’t able to do. At least the Bangladesh army sides with the civilians whom they serve and protect. What did the Pakistani Army do?!?? Can or are the Pakistani Army able to do that?? Absolutely no way.
Kudos Bangladeshi brothers, May Allah swt give you and your land protection and prosperity, Ameen.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point in time, you will find every Pakistani looking at Bangladesh and admiring what they did, and what Pakistanis couldn’t or weren’t able to do. At least the Bangladesh army sides with the civilians whom they serve and protect. What did the Pakistani Army do?!?? Can or are the Pakistani Army able to do that?? Absolutely no way.
Kudos Bangladeshi brothers, May Allah swt give you and your land protection and prosperity, Ameen.
If you go back, most Pakistanis were happy when the army ousted Nawaz because he was public enemy #1. The army was revered and looked upon as saviours. Similar scenes today in Bangladesh, tomorrow it can be different when a popular leader emerges and challenges the new centre.

Thanks, brother.

Ameen.

I also pray and hope Pakistan will come out of this mess. I am a big fan of Imran Khan.

nope, bengalis have managed their country way better than pakistanis.

the pak india relationship is because north indians and pakistanis are culturally similar. leave politics and religion aside and they will get on just fine. but culturally south indians, west indians and bengladeshis are all quite different to pakistanis, however that doesnt negate the first point i made.

educated pakistanis will also always have a soft spot for bangadesh cos they know Pakistan did them wrong.

It's a cia coup

They payed off the bengali army and got rid of hasina.

Bengalis will pay a big price.

They did the same with nawaz sharif when he built motorways and detonated atom bomb Clinton warned him not to detonate and then rest is history he was overthrown by musharraf an American lapdog .

It's a cia coup

They did the same with nawaz sharif when he built motorways and detonated atom bomb Clinton warned him not to detonate and then rest is history he was overthrown by musharraf an American lapdog .
It might very well be but from what I am hearing and reading the people wanted her gone as well.

It's a cia coup

Not sure if CIA assisted but Bangladeshis wanted her gone. Protest was organic.

Hasina was silencing, torturing, and killing oppositions. Over 1300 people died in the protest. Hasina used lethal forces. That made people furious and ousted her.

Hasina was an Indian puppet.

Not sure if CIA assisted but Bangladeshis wanted her gone. Protest was organic.

Hasina was silencing, torturing, and killing oppositions. Over 1300 people died in the protest. Hasina used lethal forces. That made people furious and ousted her.

Hasina was an Indian puppet.
I heard she had asked for Indian military assistance to thwart protesters?

India needs a similar cope against their fascist Hindudva government whose PM authorized killing of thousands of innocent civilians if they don't want to go down the path of creating another Pakistan seeing the unrest and hate deeply getting rooted in the Indian society against minorities. Seems deeply concerning the amount of hate and garbage many Indians of a specific religion post against their minority religion so one could see how such terrible poisoning could eventually unfold.

As for Pakistan, we would have been better off if similar steps were taken against corrupt PDM and Army Generals. Atleast Bengal army seems to be with the people and not corrupt Politicians, that sadly isn't the case in Pakistan as Pak Generals serve interest of Uncle Sam

India needs a similar cope against their fascist Hindudva government whose PM authorized killing of thousands of innocent civilians if they don't want to go down the path of creating another Pakistan seeing the unrest and hate deeply getting rooted in the Indian society against minorities. Seems deeply concerning the amount of hate and garbage many Indians of a specific religion post against their minority religion so one could see how such terrible poisoning could eventually unfold.

As for Pakistan, we would have been better off if similar steps were taken against corrupt PDM and Army Generals. Atleast Bengal army seems to be with the people and not corrupt Politicians, that sadly isn't the case in Pakistan as Pak Generals serve interest of Uncle Sam
The Bangladesh army was with Hasina but they saw the young people coming out so strongly so they had to relent. Admittedly our army is a lot more corrupt, shameless and draconian than theirs so the people have failed against them so far

I must honestly confess that since last decade i had come under the wrong impression that Bangladeshis were as an awaam more liberal, progressive and supportive towards minorities. I was no expert at politics in Bangladesh but a mix of Bangladesh being on the path of economic progress under a stable government of Sheikh Hasina and Pakistan going through its worst phase had influenced my judgement.

After the recent violent coup in Bangladesh in which the mobs desecrated their democratic institutions, acted like barbarians to even innocent animals and the way the jamati goons have targeted the hindus in Bangladesh with little to no genuine opposition from their military and liberal class, i am forced to rethink my opinion.

Pakistan has had its share of troubles.
Its made terrible mistakes in the past.
But they are a different class as an awaam and as a qaum. They would never do these things.

A Pakistan would go to war with Bharat and will give his life for the cause but a true Pakistani will never stoop to this level.

I remember when Tarek Farah used to say that Bengalis were looked down upon by both Bharatiya and Pakistanis. That Bharatiya army generals would have whiskey and gupp shupp with their Pakistani counterparts even while being at war with them and they would never bestow such hospitality to the Bengalis who were their partners. I now understand why. Bharatiyas and Pakistanis might wanna kill each other but we are cut from the same cloth we can’t hide that.

After all the wars, Imran Khan was always celebrated in Bharat as a hero. Its only after repeated regrettable events that we were forced to take a step back.
Bangladesh has actually done quite well in the last 50 years despite all problems. Biggest problem is lack of mature institutions in BD, but no way worse shape than Pakistan.

The Bangladesh army was with Hasina but they saw the young people coming out so strongly so they had to relent. Admittedly our army is a lot more corrupt, shameless and draconian than theirs so the people have failed against them so far

I read on social media that Hasina ordered army to shoot at protesters. But, most of the military folks hesitated to do that (junior soldiers/officers particularly).

Majority of the junior soldiers were against using force against Bangladeshi people. It is only some officers at the top (installed by Hasina) who were up for it.

Anyway, sanity prevailed in the end and army decided to side with the people entirely. Army is very popular with people now.

Hasina's brutal henchman major Ziaul Ahsan was arrested recently. I expect all of Hasina's army men to be arrested one by one (if they don't flee).

I read on social media that Hasina ordered army to shoot at protesters. But, most of the military folks hesitated to do that (junior soldiers/officers particularly).

Majority of the junior soldiers were against using force against Bangladeshi people. It is only some officers at the top (installed by Hasina) who were up for it.

Anyway, sanity prevailed in the end and army decided to side with the people entirely. Army is very popular with people now.

Hasina's brutal henchman major Ziaul Ahsan was arrested recently. I expect all of Hasina's army men to be arrested one by one (if they don't flee).
This is in stark contrast to our situation where the military runs the show and doesn’t hesitate to kill its own people and we see that all the time.

My respect for Bangladeshi nation has grown immensely. Salute!

This is in stark contrast to our situation where the military runs the show and doesn’t hesitate to kill its own people and we see that all the time.

My respect for Bangladeshi nation has grown immensely. Salute!

Thank you.

Bangladeshi politicians seem very corrupt but military and common people are on the same page currently. That's good to see.

There is nothing to admire. Pakistan needs a similar kind of revolution to get rid of corrupt regime. Bangladesh's economy was better than Pakistan but the people still woke up and got rid of Hasina who was an indian puppet.

You seem to have a misplaced idea of bharat-pak camaraderie Bhaijan. Vajpayee ji made the same mistake and learned a valuable lesson eventually. We will never be cut from the same cloth. I know you are hurt seeing the true colors of Bangladeshi awaam, but direct your admiration to better places.

As much as I respect the bhaichara you learned from Bajrangi Bhaijan, let me remind you, life isn't Bollywood and there's no Munni but a well trained Munawar waiting for you on the other side. Open your eyes Bhaijan.

The thing with Pakistan is that its people are incredibly nice but they’re an establishment controlled fake democracy and the establishment there just to keep itself in power and relevancy has literally created the hostile environment between the two nations which have hurt financially and socially their own country way more than the intended target. We fought 4 wars of them and they had a major role in instigating them.

Like I always say, no one is perfect so neither are Pakistani people and they at times make a lot of ridiculous comments but now with maturity I have come to manage that because I can see where they’re coming from and whose pulling the strings after all.

Deep down, Pakistanis are very simple and good people who want to live a lavish life.

What Bangladeshis have done has sadly exposed them as people. They didn’t all by themselves. The Bengali Bangladeshis indeed had all this hate and willingness to commit crime in themselves all these years. One window they got and they let it all out. Absolutely disgraceful. Pakistanis would never do this. I can assure you that. I know them well enough.

I don't think it's fair to compare Pakistan with Bangladesh, one of the reasons for the failure of East/West Pakistan is also the reason for the relative success of Bangladesh - unified language and culture. Pakistan straddles four separate states with their own languages. People who live in uptown Karachi will be closer in mindset to Mumbai than Peshawar. Far more difficult to unify when there is such disparity on agreeing what should be a preferred Pakistani way of life.

I don't think it's fair to compare Pakistan with Bangladesh, one of the reasons for the failure of East/West Pakistan is also the reason for the relative success of Bangladesh - unified language and culture. Pakistan straddles four separate states with their own languages. People who live in uptown Karachi will be closer in mindset to Mumbai than Peshawar. Far more difficult to unify when there is such disparity on agreeing what should be a preferred Pakistani way of life.

We can unify them either in the name of scientific advancement or for Ancient Mahabharata sake. Remember people are emotional and care about where they came from. We have one mother.

The thing with Pakistan is that its people are incredibly nice but they’re an establishment controlled fake democracy and the establishment there just to keep itself in power and relevancy has literally created the hostile environment ...

Deep down, Pakistanis are very simple and good people who want to live a lavish life.

I thought you said over the last few days that muslims can't be trusted and are s demographic danger everywhere .. what's with all the sudden pakistan simping ?

The thing with Pakistan is that its people are incredibly nice but they’re an establishment controlled fake democracy and the establishment there just to keep itself in power and relevancy has literally created the hostile environment between the two nations which have hurt financially and socially their own country way more than the intended target. We fought 4 wars of them and they had a major role in instigating them.

Like I always say, no one is perfect so neither are Pakistani people and they at times make a lot of ridiculous comments but now with maturity I have come to manage that because I can see where they’re coming from and whose pulling the strings after all.

What Bangladeshis have done has sadly exposed them as people. They didn’t all by themselves. The Bengali Bangladeshis indeed had all this hate and willingness to commit crime in themselves all these years. One window they got and they let it all out. Absolutely disgraceful. Pakistanis would never do this. I can assure you that. I know them well enough.

This is a perfect example of playing " The devil's advocate "

The guy from this video is not part of any mainstream political party, but the leader of Hindu Mohajot Sabha.

It is most unfortunate that the people from this minority groups are being affected in this riot, but most of them are from Awami league. Very very few hindu people who have got nothing to do with any political party were harmed. Even then it is absolutely not acceptable to harm or vandalize even one properties of Hindu people.

But what is not being mentioned in the Indian media, that much more properties and life of muslim people have been harmed and destroyed in this riot, and again most of them are from Awami League. They are only focusing on only one group of people for their apparent agenda. But the real truth is that, this riot has more to do with political prejuidice than religious reasons.

You seem to have a misplaced idea of bharat-pak camaraderie Bhaijan. Vajpayee ji made the same mistake and learned a valuable lesson eventually. We will never be cut from the same cloth. I know you are hurt seeing the true colors of Bangladeshi awaam, but direct your admiration to better places.

As much as I respect the bhaichara you learned from Bajrangi Bhaijan, let me remind you, life isn't Bollywood and there's no Munni but a well trained Munawar waiting for you on the other side. Open your eyes Bhaijan.
You forgot to add it is highly unlikely Munni would have survived Bajrangi in the first place in the real world.

I don’t think there’s anything to admire in a corrupt military dictatorship.

I don’t know much about BD politics but @sweep_shot is a good dude and I support his views.

It seems the ugly side of agitation of common people is more severe in case of bangladesh than in the case of Pakistan.

Lots of public agitation happened last year but rarely it went out of control in case of Pakistan. But the ugly side of Bangladesh is very concerning.

It shows the facade of a society. Bangladesh may represent as liberal, progressed society but in reality, it was never far away from anarchy.

Pakistan on the other hand seems opposite. It gives a vibe of anarchy but in reality, when the testing time came, the Pakistani people were more mature.

It seems the ugly side of agitation of common people is more severe in case of bangladesh than in the case of Pakistan.

Lots of public agitation happened last year but rarely it went out of control in case of Pakistan. But the ugly side of Bangladesh is very concerning.

It shows the facade of a society. Bangladesh may represent as liberal, progressed society but in reality, it was never far away from anarchy.

Pakistan on the other hand seems opposite. It gives a vibe of anarchy but in reality, when the testing time came, the Pakistani people were more mature.
Our perceptions are driven by what we are fed or what we see in the media. In time they are corrected by reality. That's what you experienced with Pakistan. I think its still early days but BD will come through this I am sure. They are fighting for democracy and a few bad apples have put their true motivations under bad light.

I thought you said over the last few days that muslims can't be trusted and are s demographic danger everywhere .. what's with all the sudden pakistan simping ?

I was talking mostly about Bharatiya Muslims.

Pakistani Muslims are a lot better in every sense. Looks, knowledge, hygiene, being civil and trustworthy.

I was talking mostly about Bharatiya Muslims.

Pakistani Muslims are a lot better in every sense. Looks, knowledge, hygiene, being civil and trustworthy.
Really?!?
Talking about trustworthy and honesty, How many Bangladeshi PM ex or otherwise have flats in Mayfair, Dubai etc.
Bangladeshi women can compete with the best of them in looks, manners etc

Really?!?
Talking about trustworthy and honesty, How many Bangladeshi PM ex or otherwise have flats in Mayfair, Dubai etc.
Bangladeshi women can compete with the best of them in looks, manners etc

I take pride in calling it how I see it.
And I will tell you boldly, we and Pakistanis might go to wars and kill each other on the battlefield, but we have always had tremendous camaraderie. Pakistanis have a great sense of humour and don’t take life so seriously. You never wanna make a Pakistani angry but a nice and polite Pakistani will always be a true gem of a person.

Back