Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I have not yet performed either

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Umrah Mubarak MIG

Apologies - just saw this - JazakAllah khair for your wishes

==

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Huge crowd of worshippers perform tawaaf on thursday evening.. <a href="https://t.co/OGXPo83eJh">pic.twitter.com/OGXPo83eJh</a></p>— The Holy Mosques (@theholymosques) <a href="https://twitter.com/theholymosques/status/1641460377555968007?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sheikh Muhammad bin Khalil Al-Qari, the Imam who led Taraweeh prayers at the Masjid-e-Nabwi, the mosque of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), has passed away in Madina, Express News reported.

The funeral prayers of the Imam will be offered at the Masjid-e-Nabwi while the burial will also take place in Madina, local media reported.

According to Arab media reports, Khalil Al-Qari, who is originally from Muzaffarabad, was also the Imam of the Masjid Quba in Madina.

Saudi authorities have conveyed their condolences and prayed for his forgiveness.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has expressed deep sorrow and grief over the demise of the Imam. He offered prayers for the high ranks of the deceased and conveyed his condolences to the bereaved family.

Sheikh Khalil Al-Qari, the father of Sheikh Muhammad bin Khalil Al-Qari, was also a renowned Qari in Saudi Arabia, and several of his disciples are currently serving as Imams in the holy mosques of the Kingdom.

Express Tribune

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Babar Azam will go to Saudi Arabia in the second week of June to perform Hajj. He will be accompanied by his mother</p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1663126601826021378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">An emotional <a href="https://twitter.com/SamiZayn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SamiZayn</a> recounts his life-changing visit to Masjid al-Haram, the Great Mosque of Mecca, in Saudi Arabia.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWENOC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWENOC</a> <a href="https://t.co/Rg67090H5C">pic.twitter.com/Rg67090H5C</a></p>— WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1662179297568649217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
It has become very expensive to perfrom Hajj this year. I have heard that prices from Norways start from NOK 130.000 for the cheapest package. The norwegian currency has been very weak this year but for a year ago this was equal to £ 11.000.

It has become very expensive to perfrom Hajj this year. I have heard that prices from Norways start from NOK 130.000 for the cheapest package. The norwegian currency has been very weak this year but for a year ago this was equal to £ 11.000.

In Pak, it's 17 lack PKR this year. A years ago, it used to be around 5 lac PKR.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Labbaik Allahhumma Labbaik!<br>Can't even begin to express my gratitude!<br>It's all so overwhelming! I've been dreaming about bringing Ammi here for so long. Despite everything she's been through; the tumour, the doctors, the uncertainty, it gives me such joy that she is here and will… <a href="https://t.co/cF4oJqT6GJ">pic.twitter.com/cF4oJqT6GJ</a></p>— Ahmad Shahzad 🇵🇰 (@iamAhmadshahzad) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamAhmadshahzad/status/1672909644136587266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 25, 2023</a></blockquote>

Braving the scorching Saudi heat, Mecca resident Amer Abdullah distributed free tea and bread to worshippers performing the annual hajj pilgrimage, honouring a long-standing tradition in Islam's holiest city.

Joined by his five sons, the 45-year-old Saudi man who spends his evenings serving warm beverages to worn-out Muslim pilgrims, said hajj hospitality runs in his blood.

"For the people of Mecca, there is no higher honour than serving pilgrims," Abdullah told AFP ahead of the start of hajj rituals on Sunday.

"My father did it as did his forefathers before him and now I am trying to pass it down to my sons," he added, pearls of sweat forming on his face.

Before hotels and high-rises sprang up in Mecca, locals used to host pilgrims in their homes.

Now, while the holy city is dotted with luxury accommodation and air-conditioned shopping malls, these have not replaced the deeply ingrained culture of hospitality.

Every day at around noon, Abdullah and his sons start filling vacuum flasks with tea and hot milk.

They pack hundreds of loaves of bread into tightly sealed plastic bags before heading out for the night.

They set up near the Grand Mosque, which is overflowing with worshippers, some of whom survive solely on handouts for the duration of the four-day pilgrimage.

"This is an honour passed down through generations here," Abdullah said, pouring tea into a paper cup.

- 'Racing to help' -

Hospitality, already firmly rooted in Saudi culture, gains even more currency during hajj -- one of the five pillars of Islam that all Muslims with the means must undertake at least once in their lives.

More than two million pilgrims from more than 160 countries are expected this year.

According to Muslim tradition, they are "guests of God", meaning they must be provided with accommodation, food and drink even if they cannot afford it.

Across Mecca, young men distribute free meals consisting of rice, chicken or meat to pilgrims who line up in long queues.

Faisal al-Husseini, a Pakistani businessman living in Mecca, has been distributing hot meals every day for weeks.

"It is a great honour to serve God's guests," he said, handing food in a blue plastic bag to a pilgrim.

For 47-year-old Egyptian visitor Mahmoud Talaat, the handouts are his sole source of sustenance.

"I depend on these meals because I am unable to afford them," he said.

This year's summer timing for the hajj, which follows the lunar calendar, will test the endurance of worshippers during the mostly outdoor ritual.

As temperatures exceed 42 degrees celsius (107 degrees Fahrenheit), young men distribute bottles of frozen water to help pilgrims survive the heat.

"We buy water and cool it well, then we start distributing it once or twice a day after prayers," said Mecca resident Hamza Taher, 25.

Standing near a truck loaded with water bottles, his brother Anas, 22, said they were not the only ones helping out.

"All of the people of Mecca are racing to help," he said.

The tradition of hosting pilgrims in Mecca's homes has died out in recent years, with Saudi authorities embarking on an infrastructural expansion project that has increased accommodation options.

But many of the city's residents still remember the centuries-old custom.

"When I was growing up, we used to host pilgrims in our homes," said a Mecca resident who asked not to be named over privacy concerns.

"It was a beautiful tradition".

And while some practices die out, younger ones are coming into play, including a state-led initiative by the education ministry that has dispatched hundreds of Mecca's school children to help with hajj.

Their tasks include assisting wheelchair-bound pilgrims and guiding non-Arabic speakers to holy sites.

"I am completing what my ancestors started hundreds of years ago," said 17-year-old student Sultan al-Ghamdi.

‘Largest Hajj pilgrimage in history’ begins in Saudi Arabia
The number of pilgrims this year is expected to break records at more than 2.5 million.

The pilgrimage of Hajj has begun as crowds of Muslims donning white robes circle the Kaaba, the cubed structure at the epicentre of Islam’s holiest site, their prayers ringing through the air.

The annual pilgrimage began on Sunday in Mecca, Saudi Arabia with the tawaf, the circling of the Kaaba, in an event that is expected to break attendance records.

“This year, we will witness the largest Hajj pilgrimage in history,” said an official at the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/25/largest-hajj-pilgrimage-in-history-begins-in-saudi-arabia

HAJJ SERMON: MUSLIMS URGED TO MAINTAIN UNITY, HARMONY

MECCA: Sheikh Dr Yousaf bin Muhammad bin Saeed, imam of Hajj, who is also a member of the Council of Senior Scholars delivered the Hajj Sermon at Masjid-e-Nimra.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslim pilgrims from around the world converged in Maidan-e-Arafat on Tuesday to perform the Rukn-e-Azam of Hajj “Waqoof-e-Arafat” which marks climax of the Hajj.

Delivering the wide-ranging sermon from Masjid-e-Nimra, Sheikh Dr Yousaf bin Muhammad bin Saeed urged the Muslims to keep harmony and brotherhood among them.

All Muslims are like part of one body when any part of the body hurts, the pain is felt in the whole body, he added. The Muslims are urged to exhibit unity and behave politely and avoid conflicts, Sheikh Dr Yousaf said in his Hajj sermon.

“Muslims should exhibit best of the manners as only those who will have good manners will be close to the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) on the day of judgment”.

“The combination of the testimony that only Allah is to be worshipped, along with the testimony that Muhammad (PBUH ) is Allah’s messenger.”

Sheikh Dr Yousaf in his Hajj Sermon further said that respecting and valuing humanity is compulsory for all Muslims. “Success lies in fear of Allah Almighty and following his orders”.
https://arynews.tv/hajj-sermon-muslims-urged-to-maintain-unity/

Babar Azam at Hajj - sleeping in the open like many others from the Muslim world

Fzr_H2OagAEgoXH

^ This is the ground at Muzdalifah . Pilgrims collect stones in the night after Arafat to throw at the Shaytan.

By this time one is so tired, you sleep like a baby.

Hajj Mubarak to those performing , blessed human beings.

I was in Saudi Arabia this year and it was great to see a lot of people travelling for Umrah. Total respect for the devotion.

However from the talks I had with some Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, performing the pilgrimage is getting quite expensive. How true is this. Could you guys share your thoughts on the Mecca pilgrimage economics.

Part of Hajj is to stay in certain places and at times you have to sleep rough (think this pic from Mina)

So there are no proper places to sleep at these places or is it part of the ritual to sleep in the open?

I am asking this because in Hinduism there are certain pilgrimages where you don't sleep in hotel rooms or beds even if they are available. Its part of the ritual process of the pilgrimage.

I was wondering if Hajj also has similar requirements.

So there are no proper places to sleep at these places or is it part of the ritual to sleep in the open?

I am asking this because in Hinduism there are certain pilgrimages where you don't sleep in hotel rooms or beds even if they are available. Its part of the ritual process of the pilgrimage.

I was wondering if Hajj also has similar requirements.
In Muzdalfah, there are no tents but an open space so pilgrims who are tired after spending the day in Arafat (on day of Hajj) have to sleep outdoors

This is my understanding.

I was in Saudi Arabia this year and it was great to see a lot of people travelling for Umrah. Total respect for the devotion.

However from the talks I had with some Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, performing the pilgrimage is getting quite expensive. How true is this. Could you guys share your thoughts on the Mecca pilgrimage economics.
Yes it has gotten quite expansive. For Pakistan, travel agencies were offering a Hajj package this year for around 17 lakh PKR. It used to be much lower pre covid.
For Umrah, a lot of that depends on what kind of place you want to stay in and what conveyance do you want and how many you are staying there for.
From my understanding, the nightly fares started from 16 riyals to standard 5 star hotel rates.
Conveyance depends. There are buses that used to offer one way Mecca to Madina for 400Riyal (if my memory serves correct) for taxi/uber it was around 800.
Madinah is relatively less expansive than Makkah.
The visa fees used to vary from where one were getting their pilgramage visas from. It wasn't that expansive. It was 15-20k PKR I think (my memory's hazy in regards to particulars)
Apart from that flights from Pak to KSA were regular fare prices, varying from the city, airlines etc.
Post COVID you can say prices have doubled or more for Pakistanis. The devaluation of Pakistani rupee and worldwide inflation are two superadded reasons.

IA it will be in my Naseeb to go again for both. The Saudis get a lot of criticism( not least from me) but it was well organised and ran smoothly, bar the dodgy bus from Mecca to Medina, which broke down in the middle of nowhere but even that was sorted within the hour

Yes it has gotten quite expansive. For Pakistan, travel agencies were offering a Hajj package this year for around 17 lakh PKR. It used to be much lower pre covid.
For Umrah, a lot of that depends on what kind of place you want to stay in and what conveyance do you want and how many you are staying there for.
From my understanding, the nightly fares started from 16 riyals to standard 5 star hotel rates.
Conveyance depends. There are buses that used to offer one way Mecca to Madina for 400Riyal (if my memory serves correct) for taxi/uber it was around 800.
Madinah is relatively less expansive than Makkah.
The visa fees used to vary from where one were getting their pilgramage visas from. It wasn't that expansive. It was 15-20k PKR I think (my memory's hazy in regards to particulars)
Apart from that flights from Pak to KSA were regular fare prices, varying from the city, airlines etc.
Post COVID you can say prices have doubled or more for Pakistanis. The devaluation of Pakistani rupee and worldwide inflation are two superadded reasons.

UK citizens now have 6 month free visa to Saudi.

There is an Airline called Wiz, which flies out of one of the London airports. 1 stop but you can get to Riyadh or Jeddah for around £250 or cheaper at times.

UK citizens now have 6 month free visa to Saudi.

There is an Airline called Wiz, which flies out of one of the London airports. 1 stop but you can get to Riyadh or Jeddah for around £250 or cheaper at times.
Wow That's awesome, don't know if it's applicable for Hajj too.
Jeddah is the closest to Makkah. Around 90 minute drive.

The best way to travel between Makkah and Jeddah or Madinah, is the train -It is the most comfortable & pleasant experience there is.

The best way to travel between Makkah and Jeddah or Madinah, is the train -It is the most comfortable & pleasant experience there is.
We were part of group and we went on a bus that could barely get up the hill as we left the hotel. I told my wife that will be lucky to make it to Medina. About a couple hours into the journey it stopped, I thought someone must be ill, but quickly realised that it had broken down. But the recovery guys came and only took an hour to fix

Wow That's awesome, don't know if it's applicable for Hajj too.
Jeddah is the closest to Makkah. Around 90 minute drive.

Im not sure but I doubt you can perform Hajj without being in some sort of group due to the large number of people.

Alhamdulilah I performed Umrah in February of this year and will return with family in November Insha'Allah.

I wish they also had a visa-free option for US citizens (similar to the UAE).

IA will try that when I get the opportunity to go there again!

If anyone is going for Umrah and Hajj, please let us know here on PP as there are a lot of people who would want to request for specific duas for themselves or their families to be prayed there.

New Hajj policy to offer shorter stays in holy land.

The religious affairs ministry planned to introduce a shorter duration of Hajj journey in the new policy, which would soon be presented before the caretaker federal cabinet for approval, Religious Affairs Minister Aneeq Ahmed told a Senate panel on Monday.

During a meeting of the Standing Committee on Religious Affairs, the minister said that the Saudi Arabian government had decided that only 46 companies would conduct the Hajj operations from Pakistan, adding that the government could not do much about it.

Committee member Maulana Abdul Karim told the meeting that there would be problems if the operations of 905 companies were reduced to 46 companies.

Minister Ahmed replied: “We cannot do much about it, but we can request for a leniency for one year.”

Maulana Faiz Muhammad, also a committee member, suggested that the new plan should be implemented from next year, adding that “we have to solve the problem” by talking to the Saudi Arabian authorities.

The minister said that he had asked the Saudi Arabian authorities to review the decision, but they did not agree.

He added that a letter could be written to the Saudi Arabian government to inform it that there could be some difficulties in implementing the decision because it had been taken suddenly.

Tribune

Caretaker Minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, Aneeq Ahmed, on Tuesday announced the finalization of the Hajj policy for 2024. The policy's approval will soon be sought from the federal cabinet, a process anticipated to be completed within the next 10 days. This updated policy aims to streamline the journey to the holy land and provide much-needed relief to pilgrims, introducing several innovative initiatives.

One of the notable enhancements is the implementation of a system to ensure the safety of pilgrims, preventing any incidents of individuals going missing during the pilgrimage. Pilgrims will now receive two suitcases of a specific color and design, featuring information about the pilgrims in the form of a QR code. These suitcases will prominently display the pilgrims' names, passport numbers, residential addresses, and other essential details.

Furthermore, the minister highlighted a significant development that will enable worshippers to stay in touch with their families in Pakistan. A special mobile package priced at Rs4,000 has been negotiated with a telecom company in Saudi Arabia. This exclusive mobile package will empower pilgrims to make audio and video calls on their mobile phones without incurring exorbitant roaming charges.

Pakistan reduces Hajj expenses​

KARACHI: Caretaker Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Dr Aneeq Ahmed on Wednesday declared a significant reduction of 0.1 million rupees in government Hajj expenses while ensuring uncompromised facilities.

Notably, the pilgrims will receive a 30kg suitcase each and female pilgrims will receive scarfs (Abaya) featuring the national flag, a first-time provision.

During a news conference at the Haji Camp Karachi, Dr Ahmed highlighted the introduction of a mobile application aimed at aiding pilgrims.

The app will offer navigation assistance and keep pilgrims in constant contact with relevant officials. Initially available in English and Urdu, the app will later include various regional languages.

Emphasizing improvements in the Hajj process, Dr Ahmed revealed that Islamabad and Karachi have been incorporated into Saudi Arabia’s Road to Makkah project. This inclusion allows Karachi airport to complete the immigration process for Hujjaj, streamlining their journey.

Moreover, the government has introduced a 20-day short Hajj package, striving to make Hajj more financially accessible to citizens. Efforts are underway to ensure Pakistani Hujjaj are accommodated in tents at Old Mina, as the distance to New Mina poses challenges for pilgrims.

Highlighting the allocation of Hajj seats, Dr. Ahmed mentioned that Pakistan has secured 179,000 Hajj seats, with half reserved for private Hajj operators.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs will oversee these operators to guarantee the well-being of pilgrims, holding the ministry responsible for any issues faced by those performing Hajj through private operators.

Dr Ahmed also noted the ongoing renovation work at the Haji Camp Karachi building, reinforcing the commitment to enhance pilgrimage facilities.

Regarding expenses, Dr Aneeq clarified that the announced package excludes Qurbani (sacrifice) expenses during Hajj.

Additionally, intending pilgrims opting for a shorter stay in Medina will receive a further reduction of Rs35,000 in Hajj expenses.

Source: ARY

Good decision by the government. Hopefully, there won't be any hidden charges.

Saudi Arabia accepts demand of Pakistan’s private Hajj tour operators

Saudi Arabia has finally accepted the demand of Pakistan’s private Hajj tour operators regarding the number of pilgrims in a single group, ARY News reported on Monday.

According to details, the Kingdom allowed Pakistan’s private Hajj tour operators to form a group of 500 pilgrims instead of 2000 pilgrims.

The Saudi Arabia authorities communicated this decision to the Pakistani government through an official letter.

This decision translates into a major restructuring for Pakistan’s 905 private tour operators, as they will now form 180 ‘unified groups’.

The move aims to enhance operational efficiency and coordination, addressing concerns raised by the tour operators for a more streamlined and organized Hajj pilgrimage process.

Earlier in the day, it was reported that the designated branches of banks on Monday began accepting applications for the Hajj 2024.

Govt's Hajj 2024 scheme fails to draw encouraging response

The ratio of Hajj applications submitted under the government scheme has been very low, as only 7,000 pilgrims have shown interest from all over the country in six days.

According to sources in the Religious Affairs Ministry, the number of Hajj applications received so far has been far below expectations.

Under the sponsorship scheme, the quote for Hajj pilgrims is 25,000 seats on a first-come, first-served basis. However, only 400 applications received been received so far.

Only nine days are left for submitting Hajj applications, as the last date for submission is December 12.

About 65,000 Pakistanis will be able to perform Hajj under the official regular Hajj scheme. However, applications have yet to be submitted for 58,000 seats, as per the sources.

Designated banks across the country started receiving Hajj applications under the official scheme from November 27.

Next year, it is said, 89,605 Pakistanis will be able to perform the annual pilgrimage under the government scheme. If more applications than the prescribed number are received, a lucky draw will be held.

Moreover, women will be able to perform Hajj without a mehram for the first time. Applications are being accepted under valid Pakistani passports till December 16. For those who have applied for passports or for an extension, they can apply on the token received from the passport office.

Under the sponsorship scheme, 25,000 pilgrims who submit applications in dollars will be exempted from the lucky draw.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony said Monday that those performing Haj next year would not need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

In a statement on X, formerly Twitter, the ministry said: “The condition for corona[virus] vaccine has been abolished. Haj pilgrims do not need to submit their coronavirus [vaccination] certificates.”

In order to cater to aspirant pilgrims, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) Friday directed the authorised banks to keep their designated branches open for the collection of Haj 2024 applications throughout the country.

As per the issued notification, will remain operational on Saturday and Sunday — December 9-10 — from 9am to 2pm to recieve Haj 2024 application forms.

The ministry, which opened Haj 2024 registration on November 27, has authorized 15 banks namely National Bank of Pakistan, Habib Bank, United Bank, MCB Bank, Allied Bank, Bank of Punjab, Bank Alfalah, Zarai Taraqiati Bank, Faysal Bank, Askari Bank, Bank Al-Habib, Habib Metropolitan Bank, Soneri Bank, Meezan Bank and Bank Islami to collect application forms for Haj 2024 till December 12.

About 89,605 Pakistanis will perform Haj under the government scheme next year at a cost of Rs1,075,000.

The government has introduced both long and short-term packages spanning over 38 to 42 and 20 to 25 days, respectively.

Meanwhile, women, for the first time in history, will have the opportunity to undertake the sacred journey without the traditional requirement of a male companion.

Furthermore, the government would provide free-of-cost mobile SIMs with roaming internet packages to the Pakistani pilgrims.

It is to be noted that the applications can be submitted on a passport valid till December 16, 2024, and the Haj application can also be processed on a passport application token.

Moreover, coronavirus vaccination requirement has also been abolished by the Saudi government for the next year's pilgrimage.

Pakistan digitalises Haj operations for pilgrims​

ISLAMABAD: Haj operations for pilgrims have been digitised as the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunications has developed a mobile app in record time to facilitate pilgrims.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs opened the registrations for Haj 2024, expected to fall mid June next year, under the government scheme last month. The process for submission of application for the pilgrimage will continue till December 22.

Today, caretaker Minister for IT Dr Umar Saif and interim Minister for Religious Affairs Aneeq Ahmed jointly launched the mobile app developed by the National Information Technology Board (NITB), a statement issued by the information ministry read.

Chief Executive Officer NITB Babar Majeed Bhatti briefed the participants about the application in the welcome address.

Speaking on the occasion, the Minister for IT Dr Saif said that the process of digitisation has been accelerated in the country under the directions of the Special Investment Facilitation Council (SIFC).

The launch of the Haj app was a milestone in this connection, he said.

Highlighting the key features of the application Dr Saif said that the app will enable pilgrims to register using the OTP received via SMS.

Users will be provided with a unique ID, that is their CNIC and application number, he said.

He said pilgrims can view and update their personal information, including contact details and identification information.

The application will enable pilgrims to view their Haj application status i.e. (submitted, successful, unsuccessful, refunded) in real-time updates, he said.

He said the application will provide information that is collected from the application form i.e. personal information, group information, Mehram information, helper information, additional facilities, Haj dues, nominee information, and applicant's bank account details.

Dr Saif further said that pilgrims can access information about their Haj group, including group members' details.

The application will also enable pilgrims to view their Haj training schedules, including dates, times, and locations.

Moreover, it will display flight details, including flight numbers, departure cities, dates, and times for both departure and return flights, and present information about accommodations in Makah and Madina, including sector, building, and room details.

Additionally, it will also provide information about the Maktab (camp) location.

This application will allow pilgrims to check the status of their Haj dues and refund statuses.

Pilgrims can also submit complaints, requests, and general inquiries, track and manage these requests efficiently.

The application is multilingual and allows pilgrims to switch to their preferred language for easy understanding and usage.

Initially, two languages (English and Urdu) have been added, although the system will have the provision to add more languages.

Dr Saif said that the application has an offline maps feature that allows pilgrims to choose their destination with the shortest route.

The application also allows users to share their location.

Multiple destinations can also be added to this application.

Speaking on the occasion, Minister for Religious Affairs Ahmed appreciated the efforts of the Ministry of IT and NITB and said that the need of the hour was to upgrade the existing system related to Haj operations and adopt technology in day-to-day affairs.

The Haj app is the right answer, it will also help to know the true feelings of the pilgrims.

He said that with this application, the Haj of 2024 will be digitised, now the pilgrims will participate digitally in every process from submitting their application to paying Haj and returning home.

Ahmed further said that the application will serve as a centralised platform, seamlessly integrating with the Ministry's existing systems.

Its key objectives are to enhance the experience of Haj pilgrims by providing easy access to essential information and services, streamline communication with the ministry, and ensure real-time data synchronisation.

This mobile app will serve as a one-stop solution for Haj applicants and pilgrims, providing easy access to all relevant information and services.

Source: GEO

Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Aneeq Ahmed on Saturday departed for Saudi Arabia to finalise the arrangements for Hajj, ARY News reported.

During the visit, the minister is scheduled to hold significant meetings with Saudi officials and evaluate the arrangements for Hajj.

Aneeq Ahmed will also visit Jeddah to attend the International Hajj Conference organized by Saudi Arabia.

Secretary of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Dr. Attaur Rahman, along with Joint Secretary Hajj, Sajjad Haider Yaldram, is also accompanying the minister on this visit.

Earlier on Dec 29, Pakistan’s Religious Ministry announced balloting for the upcoming Hajj 2024.

According to detail, 69, 438 applications were received under the Regular Hajj Scheme and 63,805 of them remained successful in the balloting.

The ministry said that the government’s endeavors to reduce the cost of Hajj package also brought results and as it succeeded in reducing Rs100,000 from the total expense of the Hajj package.

A waiting list of unsuccessful 5,633 applicants has been prepared as per their cities of departure. Applicants on the waiting list will be selected if intending pilgrims belonging to that city withdraw their Hajj application.

Source : Ary News

Hajj deal signed with Saudi Arabia

Caretaker Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Aneeq Ahmed, along with Saudi Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah, signed the annual Hajj agreement between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

According to the spokesman of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Aneeq Ahmed had unveiled the Hajj policy for 2024 in November 2023.

Meanwhile, the International Hajj Expo 2024 commenced in the Saudi city of Jeddah on Monday.

During the Expo, additional agreements will be signed to enhance the experience for Hajj pilgrims. A Pakistani delegation will also explore stalls from various companies.

Source: Tribune

IA it will be in my Naseeb to go again for both. The Saudis get a lot of criticism( not least from me) but it was well organised and ran smoothly, bar the dodgy bus from Mecca to Medina, which broke down in the middle of nowhere but even that was sorted within the hour
May Allah invite you to his Haram again (and soon) Inshallah.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony has launched a crackdown against firms involved in unauthorized Hajj bookings.

Special teams of the Ministry has started punitive action against “Fifth Pillar Family Takaful Limited” involved in illegal booking of Hajj, said the spokesperson of the Ministry here Wednesday.

He said FIA is investigating the fake company for unauthorized activities and actions will be taken accordingly.

He clarified that no takaful company was allowed to book Hajj and Umrah. Be cautious of companies like Fifth Pillar Takaful.

the spokesperson asked people to verify their details on the Ministry’s website before booking for Hajj or Umrah.

Earlier, Caretaker Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Dr Aneeq Ahmed declared a significant reduction of 0.1 million rupees in government Hajj expenses while ensuring uncompromised facilities.

Notably, the pilgrims will receive a 30kg suitcase each and female pilgrims will receive scarfs (Abaya) featuring the national flag, a first-time provision.

In separately development, Pakistan decided to surrender the quota of the Hajj sponsorship scheme this year to Saudi Arabia as applications fell short of the available seats.

The government has allocated 25,000 seats in the ‘Sponsorship Scheme Hajj’, introduced by the government this year, allowing overseas Pakistanis to apply for Hajj or sponsor someone in Pakistan for the journey by paying in US dollars. In return, applicants would not have to participate in the balloting process.

Source : Ary News

Air Taxis to Ferry Pilgrims Between Jeddah and Grand Mosque

Saudi Arabia’s national carrier plans to operate an air service to transport pilgrims between the Red Sea city of Jeddah and the Grand Mosque, Islam’s holiest site, an official has said.

Saudia has contracted the purchase of 100 Lilium jets, German electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, to shuttle between the King Abdulaziz airport in Jeddah and airstrips in Mecca hotels near the Grand Mosque and other holy places, the director of the group’s corporate communication Abdullah Al Shahrani told Saudi news port Akhbar24.

The eVTOL aircraft can carry up to six passengers, the official added.

The Saudi airlines is working with legal institutions in the country to obtain flying permits for this type of electric aircraft, Al Shahrani said, expecting it to mark a “qualitative” turn in transportation during the seasons of Umrah or minor pilgrimage, and annual Hajj pilgrimage. “This aircraft will be used for the first time in the kingdom,” he added without disclosing the date of commissioning the service.

Nearly 2 million pilgrims from around the world performed Hajj, an obligatory Islamic duty, last year in Saudi Arabia, marking the return of their numbers to pre-pandemic levels.

The numbers of Umrah pilgrims reached a record 13.5 million last year, Saudi Minister of Hajj and Umrah Tawfiq Al Rabiah said earlier this week.

Saudi Arabia, Islam’s birthplace, has in recent months unveiled a host of facilities for Muslims wishing to come to the country for Umrah. Visa holders are allowed to enter the kingdom via all land, air and sea outlets.

Saudi Arabia has allowed its citizens to apply for inviting their friends abroad to visit the kingdom and undertake Umrah. Women pilgrims are no longer required to be escorted by male guardians.

The kingdom has also said that expatriates residing in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries are eligible to apply for a tourist visa, regardless of their profession, and be able to perform Umrah.

Gulf Insider

Some of the prices being quoted are absolutely crazy. In the UK it's in the region of 8-9k. IA I will go again with her indoors but it will take a few years to save up.

Governor Sindh announces to send elderly people to Hajj, Umrah

Governor Sindh Kamran Khan Tessori has announced to bear expanses of Hajj and Umrah for persons above 75 years, who have not performed the holy pilgrimage in their life.

Speaking to media representatives after visiting Sindh Government Hospital Liaquatabad, the Sindh Governor said that those elderly people who want to perform Hajj and Umrah could register themselves with Governor House.

“Selected people will be sent to holy mosques after balloting”, he announced.

Hajj Ministry to host first Umrah and Ziyarah Forum in Madinah

The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah will host the inaugural Umrah and Ziyarah Forum at the King Salman International Convention Center in Madinah from April 22-24.

The forum, to be held under the patronage of Madinah Gov. Prince Salman bin Sultan, is part of a series of events held by the ministry to improve pilgrim services.

Following a record-breaking 13.55 million Umrah pilgrims visiting the Kingdom in 2023, the forum will serve as an important platform for dialogue, exchange of expertise, and the unveiling of innovative services and solutions that improve the Umrah experience.

The event will include dialogue sessions, discussion groups, interactive workshops and an exhibition displaying the latest advancements in the sector.

It aims to broaden local and international connections, promote collaboration and forge lasting partnerships in the service of Umrah performers and visitors.

Government agency officials, Umrah operators, hospitality providers, transport and logistics companies, health care services, tech and telecom companies, AI pioneers, media outlets, construction firms, travel agents, consumer product suppliers and financial organizations will take part in the forum.

The Kingdom will showcase its latest Umrah initiatives and new operational strategies at the three-day event, as well as future schemes in line with Saudi Vision 2030.

Developing Hajj and Umrah services in the Kingdom is a key priority of the Saudi government and an extension of the country’s historic role in serving Muslims and Islam worldwide.

Source: Arab News

Who among you guys are planning this sacred journey this year?
====
The Pakistani Prime Minister’s Special Representative for Religious Affairs Hafiz Muhammad Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi on Thursday announced that private Hajj organizers would start bookings for the 2024 pilgrimage from tomorrow, Friday.

Saudi Arabia last year restored Pakistan’s pre-pandemic Hajj quota of 179,210 pilgrims and abolished the upper age limit of 65 years. More than 81,000 Pakistani pilgrims performed Hajj under the government scheme in 2023 while the rest used private tour operators.

Pakistan announced the results of a draw for Hajj 2024 in December 2023, with more than 63,000 applicants selected for the pilgrimage under the government scheme. Remaining candidates will apply through private tour operators.

Addressing a press conference along with Hajj Organizers Association of Pakistan (HOAP) Chairman Jamal Khan Tarakai, Vice Chairman Hajji Sanaullah and other representatives, Ashrafi said intending pilgrims in the country and abroad could book through private operators until Feb. 25.

“Ashrafi who is also the chairman of Pakistan Ulema Council expressed optimism about the possibility of extending the application submission deadline by a month through private Hajj organizers’ platform,” the special representative said in a statement.

“Quota allocated to the private Hajj organizers was 89,604 pilgrims, with fifty percent quota of 44,802 pilgrims is reserved for Sponsorship Hajj Scheme.”

Ashrafi urged the government to provide all “possible assistance” to intending overseas Pakistani pilgrims to smoothly remit funds in local financial institutions.

“He proposed that it would be far better if they could be allowed to send their money into the private Hajj organizers’ accounts in Saudi Arabia through International Bank Accounts Numbers (IBAN),” Ashrafi urged.

He said the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony had established a dedicated helpline in collaboration with HOAP for pilgrims.

Caretaker Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Aneeq Ahmed announced this week that Pakistan was introducing a “short-term Hajj facility” for the first time in the nation’s history, allowing pilgrims a more concize and efficient experience.

Source: Arab News

Passport issuance starts for Hajj pilgrims​

The issuance of passports for prospective Hajj pilgrims has commenced across Pakistan, bringing relief and excitement to thousands of individuals preparing for the holy journey.

Regional passport offices have opened their doors exclusively on Saturday to facilitate the smooth processing of passport applications.

The issuance of passports is particularly targeted at the 28,000 Hajj pilgrims choosing the official package for the pilgrimage, who are urged to promptly approach the passport office concerned to initiate the necessary procedure. Notably, the process requires biometric verification after which the passports have to be submitted to the respective banks, said sources in the Ministry of Religious Affairs.

Pilgrims are reminded of the importance of adhering to the designated timelines, with the last date for passport submission to banks set for February 26. This deadline serves as a crucial milestone in the preparation journey for Hajj, emphasizing the need for timely completion of administrative formalities.

As the issuance of passports gains momentum, anticipation builds among pilgrims eager to embark on the sacred pilgrimage. The coordinated efforts of all stakeholders reflect a collective commitment to facilitating a smooth and efficient process, ensuring that Hajj pilgrims can fulfill their religious obligations with peace of mind and spiritual focus.

Source: SAMAA

I hope all this process will be fair and easy for all the applicants.

Issuance of Hajj visa from today

Thee Saudi authorities would start issuing visas to more than 1.2 million pilgrims for the upcoming annual Hajj from Friday (today) as the kingdom prepared for the arrival of the Muslims from around the world just before mid-May, media reports said, quoting Saudi officials, on Thursday.

A Saudi committee, in charge of housing the pilgrims in the holy city of Makkah, has already licensed a total of 1,860 buildings for the upcoming annual Hajj season, to accommodate an estimated 1.2 million pilgrims, according to the reports.

This year’s Hajj will fall between Friday, June 14 and Wednesday, June 19, depending on the sighting of the moon. From last year, the number of pilgrims, performing Hajj had returned to pre-coronavirus pandemic levels.

Saudi Hajj Minister Tawfiq Al Rabiah said that visas would commence from March 1 (today) and continue until the 20th of Shawwal, corresponding to April 29. He added that the arrival of pilgrims would begin on the first of Zul Qad, corresponding to May 9.

Saudi Arabia has recently disclosed rules for the upcoming Hajj season and stressed early preparations. According to these rules, no specific places would be allotted any more for countries at the Saudi holy sites in the new pilgrimage season.

Al Rabiah explained that places for different countries would be designated depending on finalising contracts. According to the minister, the number of buildings for pilgrims in Makkah, was expected to eventually exceed 5,000.

Makkah Deputy Governor of Prince Saud bin Meshal has recently extended the deadline for receiving applications from landlords of such buildings for licensing them, until the end of Shawwal, corresponding to May 8.

SOURCE: EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Saudi Arabia boosts efforts to manage Umrah pilgrims influx as Ramadan end looms​

Muslims from all over the world have flocked to the Grand Mosque in Saudi Arabia's Makkah, Islam’s holiest site, in big numbers for the Umrah pilgrimage as the month of Ramadan draws to an end.

However, this has led Saudi authorities to step up measures to control the flow of pilgrims during the last few days of Ramadan, when the Umrah pilgrimage reaches its peak, the Gulf News reported.

The General Authority for Care and Management at the Two Holy Mosques has increased services by employing thousands of qualified staff and cleaning labourers at the Grand Mosque in Makkah, which is known as Saudi Arabia’s holy capital.

The mosque has been equipped with over 25,000 prayer carpets, 50 pre-prayer ablution sites, 3,000 outer courtyard toilets, and 15,000 containers of Zamzam water, the Gulf News reported citing reports from the Saudi Press Agency.

Additionally, health authorities have also improved healthcare facilities with qualified personnel to provide services to those who need them at the mosque.

Ramadan marks the peak season of Umrah at the Grand Mosque, especially in the last 10 days of the lunar month.

The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has advised pilgrims to adopt cooperative behaviour to reduce congestion at the Grand Mosque.

This includes avoiding peak times, using public transport, and shifting to other mosques in Makkah for prayers when the Grand Mosque is full.

The ministry also advised pilgrims not to repeat Umrah rites to give others the chance to undertake them.

Sheikh Dr Abdulrahman Al-Sudais, the chief of the Presidency of Religious Affairs at the Two Holiest Mosque, urged worshippers to follow instructions during the final days of Ramadan, cooperate with security, avoid crowding, and respect the sanctity of the holy place by dedicating themselves to worship.

Source: GEO

Hajj 2024: Saudi Arabia sets deadline for Umrah pilgrims to leave Kingdom

The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has clarified that the duration of Umrah visas for foreign pilgrims is 90 days, starting from the date of their entry into Saudi Arabia.

As per the Saudi Gessate, the pilgrims must leave the Kingdom by the deadline of Dhul Qadah 29, 1445 to streamline the smooth flow of pilgrims to the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah from all over the world for the annual pilgrimage of Hajj quoting Saudi Arabia’s ministry statement.

The ministry clarified in response to queries made by several people through the ministry’s “Beneficiary Care” account on the X social media platform.

Earlier, the last date for Umrah visa holders to enter Saudi Arabia this year was Dhul Qadah 15, 1445, and that the validity of the Umrah visa is three months from the date of its issuance, instead of the date of entry into the Kingdom.

The ministry emphasized that there won’t be any extension of the Umrah visa after the expiry of the 90-day duration. Also, the Umrah visa cannot be converted into another visa. Application for issuing Umrah visas can be applied through the approved electronic platforms for Umrah services for individuals, by visiting the following link: https://nusuk. sa/ar/partners, the ministry sources said.

Samaa TV

Saudi Arabia: Haj Ministry cautions pilgrims against fraudulent companies

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has cautioned pilgrims about fraudulent and Haj companies and reiterated that a valid Haj visa is required to perform the pilgrimage.

The Ministry issued a statement on Friday in light of the recent arrest of 25 fraudsters by Iraqi authorities.

It warned about such companies that have been advertising unauthorised services on social media platforms for Haj 2024.

The Ministry reiterated that a Haj visa is required and can be obtained through recognised official channels.

I was under the impression that going to hajj from Pakistan was relatively well priced. I had some family who went last year, they spent upwards of £10,000 per person! I wonder if Hajj prices keep increasing the way they are... will normal people ever be able to afford it?

I was under the impression that going to hajj from Pakistan was relatively well priced. I had some family who went last year, they spent upwards of £10,000 per person! I wonder if Hajj prices keep increasing the way they are... will normal people ever be able to afford it?
GBP 10,000 for 1 person? That's insane. Way too costly for a common man.

If you go through the Saudi app it’s £10k to £12K for 2 weeks.

If you are a british passport holder who has a Pak nicop card you can do hajj for £5 to £6k from the UK.

Glad i did hajj back in 2018 for £4k
which looks like a bargain now.

Anyone no the price from
PK or India

If you are a british passport holder who has a Pak nicop card you can do hajj for £5 to £6k from the UK.

Anyone no the price from
PK or India
Free money for Saudis. The audacity of that nation to commercialise and profit from Hajj is astounding

Free money for Saudis. The audacity of that nation to commercialise and profit from Hajj is astounding
No offence, but don't you guys think this is something that the Saudis should try and make affordable for Muslims around the world? I mean the country has no dearth of money anyways.

Anyone no the price from
PK or India
This year the private Hajj packages in Pakistan are starting from 12 lac PKR. The govt ones are cheaper. Had plans of going before some stuff got in the way. Hoping to go there next year IA.

No offence, but don't you guys think this is something that the Saudis should try and make affordable for Muslims around the world? I mean the country has no dearth of money anyways.
There's a lot of stuff that should not be happening the way it is but it keeps on going and we can't really do anything about it. Yes they should but they won't and Pakistan or majority of other nations aren't really in a condition to negotiate that.

There's a lot of stuff that should not be happening the way it is but it keeps on going and we can't really do anything about it. Yes they should but they won't and Pakistan or majority of other nations aren't really in a condition to negotiate that.
That's them just taking undue advantage of Muslims around the world.

This year the private Hajj packages in Pakistan are starting from 12 lac PKR. The govt ones are cheaper. Had plans of going before some stuff got in the way. Hoping to go there next year IA.
But I reckon it's not easy to get a government package

Pakistan to commence Hajj flights from May 9

The Ministry of Religious Affairs has issued a schedule for month-long Hajj 2024 flight operations, commencing from May 9 to June 9, the spokesperson announced on Friday.

All flights scheduled for the first 15 days would land at the Madina airport, while most flights will land at the Jeddah airport from May 24 to June 9, the spokesperson said.

The country would operate 11 special flights to transport 2,160 Hajj pilgrims to Saudi Arabia on the first day of the scheduled operation, including 330 passengers from Karachi via 2 flights, 680 from Islamabad via 3 flights, 670 from Lahore via 3 flights, 329 from Multan via 2 flights, 151 from Sialkot via a single flight

Subsequently, the first Hajj flight from Balochistan will take off from Quetta on May 11, and from Sukkur on May 27.

Pakistan will operate a total of 259 Hajj special flights for over 68,000 pilgrims registered with the government scheme, the ministry said, adding that the special operation will conclude on June 9.

Later, the country would resume its flight operation on June 20 to bring pilgrims home post-conclusion of the sacred pilgrimage, it concluded.

After balloting for the government’s Hajj scheme in December last year, 63,805 out of 69,438 nationals remained successful, Radio Pakistan reported.

Over 81,000 pilgrims from Pakistan performed the sacred pilgrimage under the government scheme last year.

Last year, Saudi Arabia restored Pakistan's Hajj quota of 179,210 pilgrims besides ending restrictions of the upper age limit of 65 years.

Geo TV

I do think so but Saudis don’t exactly aspire any hope.

Anyone no the price from
PK or India

Wow, that’s staggering. That’s interesting that Brits could go on the nicop card, what are the logistics of that and I wonder what % of people doing that now because that app must be expensive for many.

Back