Hezbollah confirms death of leader Hassan Nasrallah after Israeli strikes on Beirut

Pakistanis have a massive antisemitism problem, an intense hatred of the Jew. I don't know where it comes from.

Why would Pakistanis hate Jews? If you mean they hate the expulsion of the Palestinians from their own lands to be replaced by European settlers of Jewish faith, then that is a sentiment shared by most Muslims, not just Pakistani, and many non-Muslims as well.

That is an ironic statement given how you muddle and mix things and don't see the difference between muslims and islamists. They are two separate entities.
Islamists is a term invented at PP by some posters. Atleast I haven't heard it before

Why would Pakistanis hate Jews? If you mean they hate the expulsion of the Palestinians from their own lands to be replaced by European settlers of Jewish faith, then that is a sentiment shared by most Muslims, not just Pakistani, and many non-Muslims as well.

It is a deep antisemitism problem, likely inspired by invectives against Jews that you find in the Quran. Respected journalist Mehdi Hassan wrote about this hatred in the British Muslim community a decade ago. It is well worth a read -

Screenshot 2024-09-30 185819.jpg

It is a deep antisemitism problem, likely inspired by invectives against Jews that you find in the Quran. Respected journalist Mehdi Hassan wrote about this hatred in the British Muslim community a decade ago. It is well worth a read -

View attachment 146467

That's an article from 2013, maybe it made more sense back then. Seems to be mostly a railing against conspiracy theories attributing the evils of the world to Jews, but even then it is more of a general complaint against British Muslims, not Pakistanis per se, although they do get a mention.

I think it is wrong to make a case on an outdated article so if you want to argue Pakistanis are anti-Semitic, just state reasons why rather than refer to articles where the author himself might not even hold those opinions any more.

Only Jews?
Whether it be Zionist, Hindutva, Al-Qaeda, TLP, or any other extremist faction that promotes intolerance or violence, one of the defining reasons Pakistanis have historically refrained from electing far-right religious extremists is their inherent rejection of ideologies rooted in hatred and divisiveness.

Pakistani have no issue with Jews as plenty of them protested against the genocide along with other Pakistani and Muslims.

Islamists is a term invented at PP by some posters. Atleast I haven't heard it before
In one thread you are asking why Hindutva hates muslims in India and here you are saying there is nothing called Islamist but a term invented by PP posters.

Whether it be Zionist, Hindutva, Al-Qaeda, TLP, or any other extremist faction that promotes intolerance or violence, one of the defining reasons Pakistanis have historically refrained from electing far-right religious extremists is their inherent rejection of ideologies rooted in hatred and divisiveness.

Pakistani have no issue with Jews as plenty of them protested against the genocide along with other Pakistani and Muslims.

Pakistan is a country exclusively for Muslim's where a non-muslims can never hold a public figure in govt. So to say Pakistan never elect anyone of religious ideology is hilarious. It is like Chickens defending KFC.

That's an article from 2013, maybe it made more sense back then. Seems to be mostly a railing against conspiracy theories attributing the evils of the world to Jews, but even then it is more of a general complaint against British Muslims, not Pakistanis per se, although they do get a mention.

I think it is wrong to make a case on an outdated article so if you want to argue Pakistanis are anti-Semitic, just state reasons why rather than refer to articles where the author himself might not even hold those opinions any more.

Sure, let's pretend this article doesn't exist and that he simply made up the whole thing, instead of taking him seriously.

You should introspect on the ills of your own community. This article was a rare moment of honesty from someone who is a staunch critic of Israel. You should give it some weight instead of being being embarrassed by it.

In one thread you are asking why Hindutva hates muslims in India and here you are saying there is nothing called Islamist but a term invented by PP posters.
Screenshot_20240930-185748.jpg
Hindutva given by Savarkar not me, you are just making your fun brother rajdeep

Pakistan is a country exclusively for Muslim's where a non-muslims can never hold a public figure in govt. So to say Pakistan never elect anyone of religious ideology is hilarious. It is like Chickens defending KFC.
and yet to elect a TLP, Zio, Hindutva equivalent that want to eliminate minority.

Brother rajdeep, you don't look OK today. You are just throwing random statements

Sure, let's pretend this article doesn't exist and that he simply made up the whole thing, instead of taking him seriously.

You should introspect on the ills of your own community. This article was a rare moment of honesty from someone who is a staunch critic of Israel. You should give it some weight instead of being being embarrassed by it.

You are just making up scenarios in your own mind. If you think I am embarrassed by this article, then maybe focus on a specific point which I should be embarrassed by and we can address that. It would be a better attempt at engaging than posting a link to an article from 11 years ago.

and yet to elect a TLP, Zio, Hindutva equivalent that want to eliminate minority.
If a country was build based on religion, what is the point of electing a religious figure? LOL.

Minorities have almost zero right in Pakistan anyway by constitution. What would electing a religious figure at the helm would serve? You are behaving as if Pakistan is a secular nation and it has never opted for a religious person to lead the country.

Pls dnt make me laugh.

Nice...Atleast it doesn't come from any right wing lunatic like Savarkar. And for your information any Islamic republic proclaims the same openly lol
You said there is no term called Islamist exists and it is given by posters in PP. Now you are saying atleast right wing lunatic like Savarkar has not given it.

Please clarify what are you trying to say? You are looking bit confused now

I did give one potential reason, check the first line of my post you quoted.

That's the first line of your post. Is that your proof that Pakistanis are anti-semitic?

That's the first line of your post. Is that your proof that Pakistanis are anti-semitic?

Post #163.

I didn't say it was proof, just a potential reason.

Brother rajdeep plz differentiate between Muslim and Islamist then in context of above definition you quoted
You said there is no term called Islamist exists and it is given by posters in PP. Now you are saying atleast right wing lunatic like Savarkar has not given it.

Please clarify what are you trying to say? You are looking bit confused now

If a country was build based on religion, what is the point of electing a religious figure? LOL.

Minorities have almost zero right in Pakistan anyway by constitution. What would electing a religious figure at the helm would serve? You are behaving as if Pakistan is a secular nation and it has never opted for a religious person to lead the country.

Pls dnt make me laugh.
Pakistan is probably one of the worse country in 2024 due to their establishment but yet to elect a figure who wants identify as bigot.

When and if Pakistan have democratic election just as an India then we can be almost certain that Hindus of India will elect a figure like yogi or anyone who would spew hatred for Muslims but in Pakistan the likely good of selling anti Hindu narrative is just not going to work.

I understand as most Hindutva are not comfortable yet to verbalized their bigotry but let’s not pretend anyone is blind here :)

Pakistan is probably one of the worse country in 2024 due to their establishment but yet to elect a figure who wants identify as bigot.

When and if Pakistan have democratic election just as an India then we can be almost certain that Hindus of India will elect a figure like yogi or anyone who would spew hatred for Muslims but in Pakistan the likely good of selling anti Hindu narrative is just not going to work.

I understand as most Hindutva are not comfortable yet to verbalized their bigotry but let’s not pretend anyone is blind here :)
What Pakistan does in their country regarding election is none of my business and it is your internal issue.

However, when you boast here that Pakistan has never elected a religious figure to lead the country when the country itself was formed due to religion is an amusing read which will make even the most serious ones giggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you guys arguing about? Israel is the aggressor but it’s also clearly making advances across.
I saw the original article as well and I was like wow the audacity, they have retracted it, where they are setting a weird example.

Not entirely true. Israel is self defending themselves which they have a right

If you attack a country, let alone a country like Israel, they will attack you back. Now in the process of attacks innocent civilians unfortunately die from both side. Do you think no Israeli civilians died when Hezbollah fired rockets or when Hamas did Oct 7th?

Saudi Arab didn't attack Israel, Israel didn't attack them back

Egypt didn't attack Israel, Israel didn't attack them back

Jordan didn't attack Israel, Israel didn't attack them back

Hamas attacked Israel, Israel attacked back (hard)

Hezbollah attacked Israel, Israel attacked back (hard)

I know people will come back saying this tussle didn't start from Oct 7th, ofcourse it didn't. However, that does not give likes of Hamas & Hezbollah the rights to attack Israel. And if they do, they will be getting fitting response which they are now.

People seems to forget that it is Hamas and Hezbollah who are aggressors

You seem to be repeating yourself like a broken clock. What Pakistan does in their country regarding election is none of my business and it is your internal issue.

However, when you boast here that Pakistan has never elected a religious figure to lead the country when the country itself was formed due to religion is an amusing read which will make even the most serious ones giggle.
lol.

Of course it’s none of your business as you aren’t citizen of Pakistan.

But we aren’t discussing your citizenship status.

Take break :)

If you attack a country, let alone a country like Israel, they will attack you back. Now in the process of attacks innocent civilians unfortunately die from both side. Do you think no Israeli civilians died when Hezbollah fired rockets or when Hamas did Oct 7th?

I know people will come back saying this tussle didn't start from Oct 7th, ofcourse it didn't. However, that does not give likes of Hamas & Hezbollah the rights to attack Israel. And if they do, they will be getting fitting response which they are now.

Palestine, remember, kidnapping of kids, ethnic cleaning, etc at the hands of polish ashkenezi Zio settlers ?

Then who has the right to attack their aggressors? Haiti ? Lol

This makes no sense, and you happen to be one of the more intelligent articulate posters. Hindutvas are trying to make India into Pakistan. They want a religious state (hindu) like Pakistan, which is of course a muslim religous state.

This makes no sense, and you happen to be one of the more intelligent articulate posters. Hindutvas are trying to make India into Pakistan. They want a hindu religious state like Pakistan, which is ofcourse a muslim religous state.
Why?

Nice...Atleast it doesn't come from any right wing lunatic like Savarkar. And for your information any Islamic republic proclaims the same openly lol
Savarkar is lunatic for fighting for uniting Hindus and fighting for their rights.

Jinnah is secular for fighting for Muslim rights and their motherland.

Gandhi is secular for trying to appease Jinnah and his Muslim brigade.

Amazing.

Savarkar is lunatic for fighting for uniting Hindus and fighting for their rights.

Jinnah is secular for fighting for Muslim rights and their motherland.

Gandhi is secular for trying to appease Jinnah and his Muslim brigade.

Amazing.
It is hilarious how much in a fantasy world and lala land these guys lives in. Clinging onto anything like Bhagat Singh yesterday, Savarkar today to make themselves feel better. Khud hi khush ho raha hai :yk

India is and has always been.
India has a secular constitution and a functioning democracy. That is why there has been a Sikh PM and Muslim President in the past, unlike Pakistan whose constitution bars from any minority non-muslim to hold those positions. It is laughable that you come here to boast that Pakistan has never elected any Islamic figure. This is not only delusional but contradiction multiplied by 100.

India has a secular constitution and a functioning democracy. That is why there has been a Sikh PM and Muslim President in the past, unlike Pakistan whose constitution bars from any minority non-muslim to hold those positions. It is laughable that you come here to boast that Pakistan has never elected any Islamic figure. This is not only delusional but contradiction multiplied by 100.
That’s the point, despite having a non-secular constitution, the people of Pakistan has never elected religious fascist.

Now please do not reply with that Modi isn’t a Hindutva bigot 😉

Please stay on topic as mentioned clearly above by the fellow mod... Any irrelevant comments will be deleted now.

That’s the point, despite having a non-secular constitution, the people of Pakistan has never elected religious fascist.
Thats probably because they never had a choice to elect someone of their choice to begin with.

Also yes Generail Zia and Bhutto who held racist views against Bengalis etc are definitely beacons of progressiveness lol.

It is very painful moment for those with an attachment with the Palestinian people and their cause. So I am going to journal some thoughts as a form of therapy.

It is not that they are Muslim per se because if it was we would be as ardent about other parts of the world that Muslims are suffering, but the fact that it involves Zionist and their colonial machinations in taking over Islamic holy site that inflames the passion.

Firstly we have to discuss the Jew that is involved. These are European Jews and an ostensibly American project, to have a colonial outpost in an area with countries with oil wealth.

Sure the Zionist movement started in late 19th century before the oil and Balfour Declaration was 1917 iirc, also before oil and now oil is less important (still 3rd biggest industry in the world).

Back to the Jew, the Jews were persecuted for a millennia, with Rome conquering Jerusalem and bring Jews to Rome as slaves and their time in eventual Christendom Europe was not a happy one.

They were not allowed to study in regular schools and were forbidden from working in many trades, so they formed their own schools and worked in trades such as clothing, diamonds and gold and banking.

Christians were not allowed usury and the Jews became the money-lenders, hence their wealth. The downside was that when a community was all borrowed out, the Christians decided that killing the Jews was easier than paying them back. It is the persecution of Jews that some Christians felt guilty and racism towards them that a homeland for them was imagined, some place for them that involved them not living amongst the Christians.

It is Christianity that foisted the Jew on Palestine. Now we come to WWll, if as much as 6 million died again at the hands of Europeans, guess what type of Jew died, the ones living in the ghettoes, the ones without the money and wherewithal to escape. The cream escaped and some went to America where they now traded in the professions they had a 1000 years of practise, and film-making and television which was seen as ignoble by the Christian Europeans.

In America it helped that they seen as white and with anglicised names they could blend in, take over or have undue influence, remember they did control banking. It is not a conspiracy theory that it was 3 or 4 Jewish banking families along with JP Morgan who set up the Federal Reserve, that is documented.

Why do I mention this, because this European Jew settled in Palestine. The Ashkenazi Jew IQ due to the reasons above is around 120, the average IQ of an Arab and Jews still living in ME at that point was 90 and that difference was going to tell over the number of years we have had Israel.

The Israeli Jews were very clever in their methods of displacing the indigenous Palestinians, the way they arranged their settlements leading to the Nakbah.

People say what about the opportunities that the Palestinians had to sue for peace, it wouldn't have mattered a jot even if they agreed, the Zionist would have worked to achieve their aim of Greater Israel by hook or by crook.

Israel is documented to have carried out false flag operations, USS Liberty being a case in point. The Americans through the oil important decades of 60s to 90s tried the facade of wanting a solution but even now they are fully behind the concept of Greater Israel because of powerful lobby of Christian Zionism as they want their prophecies fulfilled.

Likewise Shia Iran wants their prophecies fulfilled, the Shia seemed to place greater urgency on that than the Sunni

The greatest move that the Zionist have done is to make their landgrab be seen through the prism of Islam. Initially it was not seen as a religious issue but a nationalist issue, initially it was secular, many Christian Palestinians were also against Israel but over the years, the Jewish media began to demonize and dehumanise the Palestinian and Muslims helped them to make that easier, 9/11 for instance.

The setting up of Hamas was a masterstroke by the Zionist, to divide and conquer, an Islamic counterweight to the secular nationalist PLO. Hamas initially was not a terror group, it was a welfare group earning the trust of Palestinians. The Israelis built them up, then marked them as the bad guys in order to say 'we can't do business with them, they are not partners in peace' in the court of world opinion.

I guess Oct 7th happened because Iran did not want rapprochement between Israel and Saudi. I think they knew or even encouraged, you telling me that their intelligence agencies with their skills, paid or hostage informants that can plant bombs months in advance, be notified of the movements and positions of people of interest to eliminate them did not know of Oct 7th??

100 years is but a blink in historical terms, either in 100 years Israel will apologise and pay reparations to the Palestinians or maybe taking a little longer Islam will be dominant in the world, because it will be at some point and the land will change hands again.

Let's not derail the thread.

I didn't support Russia invading Ukraine but I am a fan of Vladimir Putin.
Oh but you did, cant you see the agenda at play, every * is here on this forum posting away, you think they feel any shame in the deaths of innocents, pah, just gloating

Pakistani= Automatic Hezbollah supporter
Muslim= Automatic Antisemitic
Indian= Automatic certifier

It is not that they are Muslim per se because if it was we would be as ardent about other parts of the world that Muslims are suffering, but the fact that it involves Zionist and their colonial machinations in taking over Islamic holy site that inflames the passion.

It is antisemitism - pure and simple. It is deeply ingrained that they don't even realise it.

Why would the Islamic doctrine of blasphemy affect Hindus when they have their own version in their religion?

They've started taking it seriously only recently .. courtesy the Hindutva movement. Blame Modi and his goons for it.

Thats probably because they never had a choice to elect someone of their choice to begin with.

Also yes Generail Zia and Bhutto who held racist views against Bengalis etc are definitely beacons of progressiveness lol.
They did last elections.

Exactly, let’s separate the political figure from the people. The people had chosen Awami league ( I believe).

Hence you proved my point.

Compare to India, the chose an infamous Hindutva bigot.

Thanks

Now please do not reply with that Modi isn’t a Hindutva bigot 😉
They never needed to elect any religious figure as Pakistan constitution bars any non-Muslim from leading the country. Which part you are not following?

Modi is the greatest statesman of 21st century having received peace prize from multiple countries including highest civilian award from UAE govt. A Pakistani calling him a facist can only be attributed to jealousy which everyone can see.

Oh and I forgot the wink ;)

Probably due to certain religious doctrines that some muslims take seriously. Like blasphemy.
I, for one hate the blasphemy law. It can and is misused for individual score settling. Dont use Pakistan as a barometer, Pakistanis hate what become of their nation

Modi is the greatest statesman of 21st century having received peace prize from multiple countries including highest civilian award from UAE govt. A Pakistani calling him a facist can only be attributed to jealousy which everyone can see.
Not advocating for anyone, but here is the list of the civilian award from Islamic countries that Modi has received -

1. Order of King Abdulaziz - The highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to foreign dignitaries.

2. State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan - The highest civilian honour of Afghanistan.

3. Order of the State of Palestine - The highest civilian honour of Palestine.

4. Order of the Distinguished Rule of Izzuddin - The highest civilian honour of the Maldives awarded to foreign dignitaries.

5. Order of Zayed - The highest civilian honour of the United Arab Emirates.

6. King Hamad Order of the Renaissance - The third-highest civilian honour of Bahrain.

7. Order of the Nile - The highest civilian honour of Egypt.

It is antisemitism - pure and simple. It is deeply ingrained that they don't even realise it.
I was afraid I might have given the impression that I was an antisemite but I full of admiration of Jews of humans generally and individually, some of the greatest people in recent history are Jewish.

But the distinction, through my prism is that one of David v Goliath and the Palestinians cast as underdogs, this view was formed in the 80s when the Palestinian problem was much less Islamicised.

It was natural to support the underdogs in any issue in saying politics, sports, literature etc. Sure Israel would have been in the role of underdog against all its Arab neighbours but when I was young, by then Israelis were the stormtroopers, the occupiers.

I guess what I am saying is that you don't have to be an antisemite to have an issue with Israel.

Similarly I give credit to Modi, whatever my personal thoughts as to his conduct, if I am correct he used to a tea-seller. Killing and whipping up anti-Muslim sentiment by pushing a fairly hardline Hindu agenda aside to get where he has is commendable.

The timing was good, everything fell into place, factors outside of his control were important than any personal qualities he has, but he was there.

There is a difference between Judaism and Zionism.

Zionism is a secular and political project. Judaism is a religion.

There are Jews who oppose state of Israel. Check below:

Is every Jew who lives in Israel right now a Zionist ?

Do check other documentaries by Vice too, the irony is lost on you when you are posting alt-left publications.

They did last elections.

Exactly, let’s separate the political figure from the people. The people had chosen Awami league ( I believe).

Hence you proved my point.

Compare to India, the chose an infamous Hindutva bigot.

Thanks
I read this post 3 times and didn’t understand what you are trying to say. You are saying the last elections in Pak were fair? :ROFLMAO: Ok.

I read this post 3 times and didn’t understand what you are trying to say. You are saying the last elections in Pak were fair? :ROFLMAO: Ok.
Oh look you try to be funny, that is rich.

You really don’t want me to explain what had happened last elections.

But if you were to read it slowly then maybe you would have understand what had been written in the post.

You want to give another try but try as neutral 😉

Not advocating for anyone, but here is the list of the civilian award from Islamic countries that Modi has received -

1. Order of King Abdulaziz - The highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to foreign dignitaries.

2. State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan - The highest civilian honour of Afghanistan.

3. Order of the State of Palestine - The highest civilian honour of Palestine.

4. Order of the Distinguished Rule of Izzuddin - The highest civilian honour of the Maldives awarded to foreign dignitaries.

5. Order of Zayed - The highest civilian honour of the United Arab Emirates.

6. King Hamad Order of the Renaissance - The third-highest civilian honour of Bahrain.

7. Order of the Nile - The highest civilian honour of Egypt.
From Narendra Modi to Narendra Ghazi (y)

Pakistanis have a Jew problem, stop pretending otherwise.

You still couldn't explain what that was, all you did was provide a link to someone else's opinion from an 11 year old article. That suggests you don't even know the difference yourself.

You still couldn't explain what that was, all you did was provide a link to someone else's opinion from an 11 year old article. That suggests you don't even know the difference yourself.
Pakistan specifically mentions its passport cannot be used to travel to Isreal.

I wonder what border dispute between the 2 countries.

That is an issue with Israel as a state and political in nature, not a problem with Jews as a people.
That maybe your policy which I highly doubt but kudos if you can see it that way but doesn’t seem like the state policy. Obviously there is a habit of turning away from facts even when they hit you in the place. There is that.

That maybe your policy which I highly doubt but kudos if you can see it that way but doesn’t seem like the state policy. Obviously there is a habit of turning away from facts even when they hit you in the place. There is that.

Not sure what you are saying there but it just seems like some undefined fluff.

That's why I wrote "apparently" because some of our Indian friends can't tell the difference.
During my lurker days, it was common to see Geo Tv being called JEW TV. Yahoodi word has been used by maulanas and political opponents against Imran Khan to slander him and insult his character. Paindus in Pakistan don't know the difference between Zionists and Jews, and since there is such an overlap, they should not be expected to. It is OK to hate jews. If I was a muslim, I would hate jews.

During my lurker days, it was common to see Geo Tv being called JEW TV. Yahoodi word has been used by maulanas and political opponents against Imran Khan to slander him and insult his character. Paindus in Pakistan don't know the difference between Zionists and Jews, and since there is such an overlap, they should not be expected to. It is OK to hate jews. If I was a muslim, I would hate jews.

That is a fair comment. Pakistan is mostly not that sophisticated so such overlaps are not surprising. But this just shows that religious education is not fit for purpose in Pakistan if maulanas are not aware of the difference.

And yet people came out to vote for IK

Because they did not believe he was a yahoodi or pro yahoodi. Pakistanis are anti semites. But I understand why you would try to deny that. We all need to maintain our masks.
With little education on difference between Zio and Jews then most will remain anti-Zio.

Iran’s Khamenei warned Nasrallah of Israeli plot to kill him, sources say​

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei warned Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah to flee Lebanon days before he was killed in an Israeli strike and is now deeply worried about Israeli infiltration of senior government ranks in Tehran, three Iranian sources said.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack on Hezbollah’s booby-trapped pagers on Sept. 17, Khamenei sent a message with an envoy to beseech the Hezbollah secretary general to leave for Iran, citing intelligence reports that suggested Israel had operatives within Hezbollah and was planning to kill him, one of the sources, a senior Iranian official, told Reuters.

The messenger, the official said, was a senior Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) commander, Brigadier General Abbas Nilforoushan, who was with Nasrallah in his bunker when it was hit by Israeli bombs and was also killed.

Khamenei, who has remained in a secure location inside Iran since Saturday, personally ordered a barrage of around 200 missiles to be fired at Israel on Tuesday, a senior Iranian official said. The attack was retaliation for the deaths of Nasrallah and Nilforoushan, the IRGC said in a statement.

The statement also cited the July killing of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran, and Israel’s attacks on Lebanon. Israel has not claimed responsibility for Haniyeh’s death.

Israel on Tuesday began what it labelled as a “limited” ground incursion against Hezbollah in southern Lebanon.

Iran’s foreign ministry and the office of Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which oversees the country’s foreign intelligence agency Mossad, did not reply to requests for comment.

Nasrallah’s assassination followed two weeks of precise Israeli strikes that have destroyed weapons sites, eliminated half of Hezbollah’s leadership council and decimated its top military command.

Iran’s fears for the safety of Khamenei and the loss of trust, within both Hezbollah and Iran’s establishment and between them, emerged in the conversations with 10 sources for this story, who described a situation that could complicate the effective functioning of Iran’s Axis of Resistance alliance of anti-Israel irregular armed groups.

Founded with Iran’s backing in the 1980s, Hezbollah has long been the most formidable member of the alliance.

The disarray is also making it hard for Hezbollah to choose a new leader, fearing the ongoing infiltration will put the successor at risk, four Lebanese sources said.

“Basically, Iran lost the biggest investment it had for the past decades,” said Magnus Ranstorp, a Hezbollah expert at the Swedish Defense University, of the deep damage caused to Hezbollah that he said diminished Iran’s capacity to strike at Israel’s borders.

“It shook Iran to the core. It shows how Iran is deeply infiltrated also: they not only killed Nasrallah, they killed Nilforoushan,” he said, who was a trusted military advisor to Khamenei.

Hezbollah’s lost military capacity and leadership cadre might push Iran towards the type of attacks against Israeli embassies and personnel abroad that it engaged i

Nasrallah’s death has prompted Iranian authorities to thoroughly investigate possible infiltrations within Iran’s own ranks, from the powerful IRGC to senior security officials, a second senior Iranian official said. They are especially focused on those who travel abroad or have relatives living outside Iran, the first official said.

Tehran grew suspicious of certain members of the IRGC who had been traveling to Lebanon, he said. Concerns were raised when one of these individuals began asking about Nasrallah’s whereabouts, particularly inquiring about how long he would remain in specific locations, the official added.

The individual has been arrested along with several others, the first official said, after alarm was raised in Iran’s intelligence circles. The suspect’s family had relocated outside Iran, the official said, without identifying the suspect or his relatives.

The second official said the assassination has spread mistrust between Tehran and Hezbollah, and within Hezbollah.

“The trust that held everything together has disappeared,” the official said.

The supreme leader “no longer trusts anyone,” said a third source who is close to Iran’s establishment.

Alarm bells had already rung within Tehran and Hezbollah about possible Mossad infiltrations after the killing in July of Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukr in an Israeli airstrike on a secretive Beirut location while meeting an IRGC commander, two Hezbollah sources and a Lebanese security official told Reuters at the time. That killing was followed a few hours later by the assassination of Hamas leader Haniyeh in Tehran.

Unlike Haniyeh’s death, Israel publicly claimed responsibility for the killing of Shukr, a low-profile figure who Nasrallah nonetheless described, at his funeral, as a central figure in Hezbollah’s history who had built its most important capabilities.

Shukr was key to the development of Hezbollah’s most advanced weaponry, including precision-guided missiles, and was in charge of the Shia group’s operations against Israel over the past year, Israel’s military has said.

Iranian fears about Israeli penetration of its upper ranks stretches back years. In 2021, former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the head of an Iranian intelligence unit that was supposed to target agents of Mossad had himself been an agent for the Israeli spy agency, telling CNN Turk that Israel obtained sensitive documents on Iran’s nuclear program, a reference to a 2018 raid in which Israel obtained a huge trove of top secret documents about the program.

Also in 2021, Israel’s outgoing spy chief Yossi Cohen gave details about the raid, telling the BBC that 20 non-Israeli Mossad agents were involved in stealing the archive from a warehouse.

Because they did not believe he was a yahoodi or pro yahoodi. Pakistanis are anti semites. But I understand why you would try to deny that. We all need to maintain our masks.
That's quite an ignorant statement. Pakistani and Muslims in general appreciate many Jews coming out in Palestinian protests for exposing genocidal Israel and demanding it's leaders and israel to be charged at ICC. Judaism and Israel are two different things. Israelism is a fanatic terrorist regime obsessed with land theft and genocide. Muslims of Palestine are the ones who gave refuge to helpless desperate European Jews escaping their other beloved Europeans.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's quite an ignorant statement. Pakistani and Muslims in general appreciate many Jews coming out in Palestinian protests for exposing genocidal Israel and demanding it's leaders and israel to be charged at ICC.
Hindus also appreciate muslims who come out in support of reclaiming temples which were razed by muslim invaders. So hindus are not islamophobic. Thanks for this great argument. I couldn't have thought of it myself.

Back