How can i motivate my player?

bdfan

Debutant
Runs
We(my school team) will play our first game of the season tomorrow. I am captain for first time. I want to know how can i motivate my player before the game starts and when one will go to bat?

that is up to the player, just tell them what you want them to do.

Usually players get motivated when the leaders lead from the front.

1. Dont be too harsh even if mistakes are repeated. :yk
2. Motivate and encourage your players. Back them up and have confidence in them :yk :misbah
3. Explain yourself, have conversation with everyone. :yk
4. Have everyone on the same page. Try and explain the unity thing.Gel your team :inzi
5. Set goals for the team. :ik
6. Try to be an optimist. Reflects good on the team :ik
7. Be confident in what you say and do. ::ik
8. Dont get ultra jazz-bati :afridi

Best way to take the best out of your players is to give them freedom. Let them express themselves. If wrong try and correct.

Last but not least -> do your bit. When the team gets into some sort of situation, it looks towards its leader. If the leader is strong, the team gets motivated :ik

1. Abuse them as much as possible. Nothing says I love you like tough love.

2. Insist on sitting in a seperate change room. Ask them to bring you lunch and drinks. This will reinforce that you are the boss.

3. Four words: "Tiger Balm" - Cricket Protector. If that does not see a flurry of energy nothing will.

4. Don't be afraid to yell, gesticulate and swear at them off or on the field. Sports psychologists call this "constructive criticism".

5. If your team enjoys any success, address the team and humbly thanks them for their "efforts" but point out that it was all due to your glorious rain as Captain.

6. If someone asks for your help be obtuse and abstract. Ie "Cap I am having trouble with my outswinger". Answer "Seek the wibble of cabbage in the corridoor of botulism." This will build a team of lateral thinkers.

7. Introduce new techniques from other sports that will give you an edge. Hello Monster Truck Roller Derby!!

That's all I have for today. I think I'll keep the rest for my next motivational book.

He knows what he is talking about a very experienced and successful captain

make sure you show your authority and who is boss always remember that and take lead and lead by example but don't be too arogant and encourage your players every step of the way you need to get them to take cricket seriously as a result you need to be on same wavelength as them on and off the feild it is the only way you will get the best out of your team, the captain is the heartbeat of a cricket team so plan,prepare and implement as a UNIT.

4. Don't be afraid to yell, gesticulate and swear at them off or on the field. Sports psychologists call this "constructive criticism".

5. If your team enjoys any success, address the team and humbly thanks them for their "efforts" but point out that it was all due to your glorious rain as Captain.

6. If someone asks for your help be obtuse and abstract. Ie "Cap I am having trouble with my outswinger". Answer "Seek the wibble of cabbage in the corridoor of botulism." This will build a team of lateral thinkers.

I went to train with a subcontinent club for a few times - thats what was happening there all the time!!

2. Insist on sitting in a seperate change room. Ask them to bring you lunch and drinks. This will reinforce that you are the boss.

3. Four words: "Tiger Balm" - Cricket Protector. If that does not see a flurry of energy nothing will.

7. Introduce new techniques from other sports that will give you an edge. Hello Monster Truck Roller Derby!!

That's all I have for today. I think I'll keep the rest for my next motivational book.
Are you trying to destroy that guy's team?

Send your most aggressive batsman up top and shake the opposition. Opposition will be stunned and more bad deliveries will come your way.

Send your most aggressive batsman up top and shake the opposition. Opposition will be stunned and more bad deliveries will come your way.

although the thread is a year old...

how on earth does that answer what he asked for... he wants to motivate a particular player, hence the player is generally speaking lacking confidence... aggressive batsmen need calming down, as they are usually in an explosive mood anyways... there isnt really any true sense of motivating them... :manzoor

Back