How many runs will Asad Shafiq end up with in Test cricket?

Runs
So guys how much asad will score to end his career or more or less with his contemparies:kakmal

Lets hope he scores more runs in the kiwi series then he did in the last test match against W.I! Thats the current main concern! never mind how he will do long term

First he needs to utilize his superior "technique" to stop scoring duck after duck.

Asad is 30 years old and has been playing test cricket for 6 years and in that time, he has only scored 2700 something runs. So to score 7k or 8k runs like most people are predicting, he would have to play eight or nine more years which I don't think he will. In my opinion, he will not score more than 6k runs as I don't see him playing test cricket for more than 6 years.

He's not someone who has a very heigh ceiling or can average in 50s.

So, I'm not sure if he'll reach the 'good' mark for 50 averaging bats.

Asad is 30 years old and has been playing test cricket for 6 years and in that time, he has only scored 2700 something runs. So to score 7k or 8k runs like most people are predicting, he would have to play eight or nine more years which I don't think he will. In my opinion, he will not score more than 6k runs as I don't see him playing test cricket for more than 6 years.

good observation.

How long do you guys think he will continue to play for?

will be out of team if he fails against NZ and most likely will not get back in

will be out of team if he fails against NZ and most likely will not get back in

Oh come on. He won't be kicked out after one poor series. We have invested a lot in him to just completely discard him after just one poor series.

Oh come on. He won't be kicked out after one poor series. We have invested a lot in him to just completely discard him after just one poor series.

2 continuous poor series (WI and NZ); remember what type of talent is sitting outside and its easy to see that Asad has to be on top of his game to survive

2 continuous poor series (WI and NZ); remember what type of talent is sitting outside and its easy to see that Asad has to be on top of his game to survive

What type?

apart from babar azam no one is remotely in a position to come in

also we have 2 vacancies at end of year

WI was poor how? 2 ducks in the last test, but he scored in the last 2 games.

They weren't 150*, 122, or 200, but he scored half century after half century, which isn't good enough but certainly not drop worthy lol.

Hopefully at least 7,000 runs, I see him playing for the next 5-6 years so hopefully he will reach that mark very few Pakistani batsmen have reached 7K runs in Test so it is an achievement to be reckoned with.

Would end up averaging in 40-44 range.

Currently, the fourth best batsmen in his own team and won't feature in top 20 batsmen in the world.

5-6K runs.

Will probably average around 40-45.

Hopefully at least 7,000 runs, I see him playing for the next 5-6 years so hopefully he will reach that mark very few Pakistani batsmen have reached 7K runs in Test so it is an achievement to be reckoned with.

Five probably.

Nope. With Younis and Misbah likely to retire soon, Shafiq will be retained even if he fails a few times.

6k. I have to say with his current age it will be issue to get 8-10k but if he puts in consisent performances at No.3 then you never know be realistically he won't get more than 6000 which is sad for a man of his ability and also being wasted at No.6.

6k. I have to say with his current age it will be issue to get 8-10k but if he puts in consisent performances at No.3 then you never know be realistically he won't get more than 6000 which is sad for a man of his ability and also being wasted at No.6.

Given his recent performances at 3 which includes a double pair, it seems that he was being protected at 6 not wasted.

Given his recent performances at 3 which includes a double pair, it seems that he was being protected at 6 not wasted.

exactly. Misbah saved him and he should always be in debt to Misbah for it.

Around 7k at 45. Doesn't have the consistency to average 50 and score 8k+ runs. Azhar will achieve both.

Around 7k at 45. Doesn't have the consistency to average 50 and score 8k+ runs. Azhar will achieve both.

I feel the same. Shafiq may average around 48. But Azhar will be 50-51 Average Batsman.

What type?

apart from babar azam no one is remotely in a position to come in

also we have 2 vacancies at end of year

Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Saad Ali, Fawad Alam, Umar Amin, Umar Akmal, ...

Time is ticking for him and he needs to get his act together fast.

Getting the next 500 runs are the most crucial for him and will dictate the outcome of his future.

Back