How Pakistan can create chaos tomorrow to beat India

I was thinking about how Pakistan can get themselves out of this mess and give themselves a chance of defeating a vastly superior opponent.

None of this is going to happen, but if anyone affiliated with the team management of Pakistan follows PakPassion, they should give it a shot.

Pakistan finds themselves in a unique situation where for the first time, all pressure is on India because it is probably the first Pakistan India match in probably forever where even the most optimistic and deluded Pakistani fan has no expectations and hopes.

It is not the first time Pakistan is going to play India after finding itself in a spot of bother and when it is all over the place, but this is the lowest point that Pakistan cricket has experienced before playing a match vs India.

This is not one of those generic tirades of how Pakistan can turn up when you don’t expect them to, or how they are unpredictable bla bla, but this is about what Pakistan can do to make best use of their terrible situation.

I think Pakistan has a huge opportunity to deflect all the pressure to India.

Let India know that if you lose to Pakistan, you lose to a team that got rolled over by USA.

Pakistan should the sledge the daylights out of India. Babar should spend the entire pre match conference focusing on how India’s are favorites and let both the Pakistani and Indian media mock him for this defeatist attitude.

When they step into the ground, every Pakistani player should tell every single Indian player that they cannot lose to a team that were beaten by USA.

Mock yourself and play with their minds. Put all the pressure on them.
Rizwan should not shut up about how USA beat them for the entire 20 overs behind the stumps and how Indian cannot lose, similar to what Sangakkara did with Pollock in 2003 but extend that for the length of the innings.

Force the Indian players to think about why they cannot lose to Pakistan rather than why they should win the match.

This group of Indian players have never been sledged by this group of Pakistani players. Give them an experience that they have never experienced before and an experience that they don’t anticipate.

Everyone expects Pakistani to approach this game with a timid outlook, to say the same generic stuff before the match and take on the field with the same nervous outlook, so it is an opportunity to break the expectations.

With all due respect to India, we all know that they can absolutely bolt it under pressure in a tournament situation. They have been doing it for 10 for years. Use that to your advantage.

Pakistani players should hype up the Indian crowd throughout the time and rile them up. The Pakistani fans in return should help the team by riling up the Indian players. Keep shouting how India cannot lose to a team that lost to USA.

Take USA shirts and flags to the game. All this chaos and drama can unsettle the Indian players and crowd.

This is Pakistan’s only chance. If they do what they are expected to do and what the Indian players think they will do, they will never win.

If it works, everyone will remember how Pakistan got under India’s skin. If it doesn’t work, so what, they will get mocked, criticized and abused like they have been for the past 3 days.
2 long a post so not read it - PAK need a spicy pitch to bridge the gap between them & IND plus drop hulk Azam & ask Rizzu to keep wickets & hope they do not bat 1st (y) . c @Rana

I was thinking about how Pakistan can get themselves out of this mess and give themselves a chance of defeating a vastly superior opponent.

None of this is going to happen, but if anyone affiliated with the team management of Pakistan follows PakPassion, they should give it a shot.

Pakistan finds themselves in a unique situation where for the first time, all pressure is on India because it is probably the first Pakistan India match in probably forever where even the most optimistic and deluded Pakistani fan has no expectations and hopes.

It is not the first time Pakistan is going to play India after finding itself in a spot of bother and when it is all over the place, but this is the lowest point that Pakistan cricket has experienced before playing a match vs India.

This is not one of those generic tirades of how Pakistan can turn up when you don’t expect them to, or how they are unpredictable bla bla, but this is about what Pakistan can do to make best use of their terrible situation.

Let India know that if you lose to Pakistan, you lose to a team that got rolled over by USA.

Pakistan should the sledge the daylights out of India. Babar should spend the entire pre match conference focusing on how India’s are favorites and let both the Pakistani and Indian media mock him for this defeatist attitude.

When they step into the ground, every Pakistani player should tell every single Indian player that they cannot lose to a team that were beaten by USA.

Rizwan should not shut up about how USA beat them for the entire 20 overs behind the stumps and how Indian cannot lose, similar to what Sangakkara did with Pollock in 2003 but extend that for the length of the innings.

Force the Indian players to think about why they cannot lose to Pakistan rather than why they should win the match.

This group of Indian players have never been sledged by this group of Pakistani players. Give them an experience that they have never experienced before and an experience that they don’t anticipate.

Everyone expects Pakistani to approach this game with a timid outlook, to say the same generic stuff before the match and take on the field with the same nervous outlook, so it is an opportunity to break the expectations.

With all due respect to India, we all know that they can absolutely bolt it under pressure in a tournament situation. They have been doing it for 10 for years. Use that to your advantage.

Pakistani players should hype up the Indian crowd throughout the time and rile them up. The Pakistani fans in return should help the team by riling up the Indian players. Keep shouting how India cannot lose to a team that lost to USA.

Take USA shirts and flags to the game. All this chaos and drama can unsettle the Indian players and crowd.

This is Pakistan’s only chance. If they do what they are expected to do and what the Indian players think they will do, they will never win.

If it works, everyone will remember how Pakistan got under India’s skin. If it doesn’t work, so what, they will get mocked, criticized and abused like they have been for the past 3 days.
Lol. Some people have at least a false bravado touting some fictional and delusional superiority over India even now and put down Kohli and India with or without an opportunity. You are saying they should lose their already in tatters self respect and concede India is superior? When this doesn’t come off, they will be forever shut up and never raise their head and voice again. Nobody will lose their self respect especially for things that have no guarantee of success.

In any way, I don’t think this Pakistan team has that kind of attitude or belief to pull off something like that. They are good, respectful guys and I don’t think there’s anything wrong in that. When India doesn’t sledge them, and haven’t for a long time, they will not resort to that either. But if they do, that Kohli of old with unleash himself. Ain’t happening! Let them play well and win- let cricket remain a gentleman’s game when it can.

This team will have to do quite a few things right to even compete tomorrow. The Indian team’s strengths, their form, the conditions and the pressure to say in the World Cup.

Pakistan is facing obstacles beyond their might.

Even Qudrat ka Nizam will find it difficult to overcome so many obstacles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open the bowling with Rauf and give them sweet chin music and sledging, lots of punjabi and urdu swearing to unsettle the Indian top order.

Open the batting with Ifti and Fakhar, Iftimania and fakharing Indian bowling attack into submission from ball 1.

Open the bowling with Rauf and give them sweet chin music and sledging, lots of punjabi and urdu swearing to unsettle the Indian top order.

Open the batting with Ifti and Fakhar, Iftimania and fakharing Indian bowling attack into submission from ball 1.
FTB , you really think IFTI & RAUF are world class threats

Haven’t seen you this optimistic @Mamoon on this forum ever.

This team will have to do quite a few things right to even compete tomorrow. The Indian team’s strengths, their form, the conditions and the pressure to say in the World Cup.

Pakistan is facing obstacles beyond their might.

Even Qudrat ka Nizam will find it difficult to overcome so many obstacles.
I am not optimistic. In fact, I have boycotted Pakistan cricket (not watching matches) and only following scorecards because of the selection of Amir, Imad and Azam Khan.

I will not watch a single match as long as these three are part of the squad.

But I think that Pakistan’s only glimmer of hope tomorrow is to unsettle India. This Indian team does not like it when they are surprised.

They themselves when Cummins opted to bowl first in the final. They can if they get sledged by Pakistani players because it is the last thing they would expect from this crop of players.

Pakistan needs to surprise India tomorrow. And India can be surprised in many ways.

Only by making them uncomfortable can Pakistan have a semblance of chance of beating India.

The challenge for Pakistan tomorrow is to create a situation where they can put the Indian players in the same frame of mind that they find themselves in during knockout matches.

Get Rohit, Kohli and Pant within powerplay.
Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar have to perform big times, two of them need to put up 50+ scores.

Fielding has to be top class. Donot bowl wides and no balls.

After all this there is a slight chance to win :afridi

Well, the bad thing for us is that even Imad may not play tomorrow. For any chance of winning we need to win the toss and restrict them to a low total. May be anything below 140. Which in actual is too difficult.

India is more professional team than Pakistan so they are not thinking that Pakistan lost to USA so we can beat them easily .

Indian team know that Pakistan have quality players so they are prepare well for them .

Pressure is more on Pakistan and babar Azam becouse they know that if they lose against india than their world T20 might be over ,while if India lost they they still makes to next round .
Sorry but Pakistan has no quality players

They don't need to waste their time doing all of that, Pak should treat it as a free hit, dispose of all norms and just blast it with all out passion and aggression for those 20 overs of batting and bowling.

Somebody like Usman Kahn should be let loose as he's capable of smashing a 15 ball 40. No point in telling him to be cautious so he ends up hitting a 20 ball 25 then holing out.

Throw out all the plans, the executions, Pak players don't have the brains for all of that nonsense. Lets get back to basics, Pakistani style. :hasan2

I agree with all of that except the last sentence, because I don't believe Pakistan has any style or deserves celebration of so called Pakistan style. They deserve only mockery and pay cuts all round.

The only mindset needed is to understand they are complete underdogs, no one expects them to beat India so they should be looking forward to producing the shock result of the century. They should be gagging for this opportunity.

This is not the porch where you can start hitting from ball 1. Mindless batting won’t win you the match. You would be 0/3 in the first over.

For the first time since CT17 final there are no expectations which is ideal. All the pressure is on India.

We know the engine can start firing for Pakistan at any moment.
There were basically no expectations after your team lost it's first match against India by a huge margin in the CT 2017 as well. All the expectations were built after your team started knocking out it's opponents after that loss. Expectations will start to develop in this tournament as well if your team can do the same.​

Call me old fashioned, which I undoubtedly am, but perhaps a strategy of batting better, bowling better and fielding at least to the level of a school XI may pay more dividends….just an idea.

Call me old fashioned, which I undoubtedly am, but perhaps a strategy of batting better, bowling better and fielding at least to the level of a school XI may pay more dividends….just an idea.
Asian teams don't field well. They can try as much as they want to. They let themselves down with fielding for decades.

No need of all these shenanigans to defeat the Indian team.

Just one little masterstroke is enough to out smart and vanquish them. Whenever a new Indian bat comes out to bat, ask wicket keeper AzamK to do the famous 92 WC monkey jumps invented by:jm.
The act will surely unsettle the batters and they will get out cheaply and loose the match. :inti

Babar, rizwan , fakhar , Shaheen,Naseem and Aamir . they have atleast five quality players
I watch both India and Pakistan play, and apart from Babar and Fakhar, these names look impressive on paper but are disappointing on the field.

india are way ahead in all departments, Pakistan are lucky they are not playing afghanistan who there would have been another big disappointment for pakistan

On a serious note, Pak players will first need to inject themselves with a truck load of steroids before thinking of sledging a Kholi or a Siraj. :inti

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a clearly grouping in the team. Shaheen leading pashtun player group against babar since 2023 ODI WC. He is running on same ground as of his father in law.

Gone are the days when we used to bounce back aggresively and brilliantly. Now its all about how much we can decline. Not expecting anything from these bunch of useless players

Pakistan are cluless, disoriented, dejected, played like cowards and have no leadership in ZIMBABAR. India will end their World Cup tomorrow with a massive defeat. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Best hope for Pakistan is that the match is rained off because if it goes ahead they'll lose. I'm struggling to think of any scenario where Pakistan can realistically win.

Best hope for Pakistan is that the match is rained off because if it goes ahead they'll lose. I'm struggling to think of any scenario where Pakistan can realistically win.
Indian top order collapse is the only way. Even that didn't work in 2022. But it still their best bet.

[
Better to lose than rained off.

They need to go out there and play for their pride and the izzat of our fans.

Rain can't save them. It's now or never for many of these boys.

I watch both India and Pakistan play, and apart from Babar and Fakhar, these names look impressive on paper but are disappointing on the field.

india are way ahead in all departments, Pakistan are lucky they are not playing afghanistan who there would have been another big disappointment for pakistan
Only chance is to hope we bowl first, hope 9ur bowlers don't bowl full tosses like idiots which never happens especially with the case of Rauf, hope India collapses somehow, and hope our batsmen can somehow manage Bumrah on an NY minefield.

Basically 10% chance of winning and that's being generous

Pakistan will need to pull a CT17 to win tomorrow.

Pakistan bat first, post a shocking 200+, and Amir repeats his CT17 heroics.

Improbable.

First round exit for Pakistan is more plausible!

Hope it rains or simply don't turn up for the match. That is the best Pak can wish for at this stage.

Indian bowling, fielding, batting and planning is far superior than Pakistan so I would say wishful thinking. It will be no less than a miracle if Pak even comes close to beating India let alone bet them.

I was there for Ireland India game and didn’t notice once that Indian players let their guard down. They were super electric in the field and we all witnessed what they did with the bat despite a poor pitch.

Pakistan has no chance tomorrow. I just wish they don’t humiliate us!

Mamoon is optimistic only because if Pakistan lose its Amir and Imads fault.

And if they win, Babar is ATG captain.

Pakistan are cluless, disoriented, dejected, played like cowards and have no leadership in ZIMBABAR. India will end their World Cup tomorrow with a massive defeat. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
True, I can't blame the players totally, we know they are mediocre. Blame should be squarely on PCB and Baba for selecting such a dross squad with no balance and opting for yaar-dosti instead.

This is a stage where there are no more last-minute preparations that will differentiate the result tomorrow.

The only thing that can influence the result tomorrow is being brave, absorbing pressure, and playing for the badge.

I have been heavily critical of this Pakistan Team - they have potential, they have fan-backing, and they have disappointed us in the near past.

They have to put all of that aside now. I hope dearly for a time in the future when our cricket team does not have to prove time and time again that it belongs in the top flight of international cricket, but right now, they need to go out and prove to the world who they are, who they represent, and why they deserve to be here.

If you are going to lose, do not go down without a fight. And if you are going to win, make it a statement.

Because right now, amongst all this outside noise, is an opportunity for the team to earn back the support of the fans around the world.

I hope they show us what they are made of tomorrow.

This is over thinking it. It's a freaking t20 game. Any team can beat anyone if they have two good phases in the match.

Pakistan should just go and play attacking cricket and try not to commit blunders like having mid off up with 5 runs needed off one ball.

India is stronger on paper but that matters very little on the day.

India are number 1 chokers in key finals and semis in the last 10 years. In a proper series they will thrash any team but ko stages is their bane.

There is a good chance for Pakistan to beat India. India have their own rubbish selections to deal with.

I don't get the thinking behind this.

If pak bat first, they have absolute no chance of winning the game.

Their only glimmer is if they chase.

No team in this WC will win the toss and decide to bat first
Aus just kicked England's behind batting first.

T20s are lottery. And these pitches in NY have been dreadful so far.

But Expecting a bunch of softies to sledge Kohli and co when they queue up to get his signed chaddis, baniyans and tshirts, thats hilarious.

I am hearing news. Pakistan is creating chaos alright. But within the dressing room apparently. Captain blaming players which doesn't sit well with Gary Kirsten.

I am hearing news. Pakistan is creating chaos alright. But within the dressing room apparently. Captain blaming players which doesn't sit well with Gary Kirsten.
Don't pay too much attention to these voices. In the past, it used to be about match-fixing and groupings, now it's about groupings and other nonsensical issues like infighting. Many Pakistanis can't accept the fact that their team isn't good enough to win and is prone to crumbling under pressure.

No need of all these shenanigans to defeat the Indian team.

Just one little masterstroke is enough to out smart and vanquish them. Whenever a new Indian bat comes out to bat, ask wicket keeper AzamK to do the famous 92 WC monkey jumps invented by:jm.
The act will surely unsettle the batters and they will get out cheaply and loose the match. :inti
India won that match

The only chaos Pakistan can create is among the Pakistan cricket fans. India is not bothered anyways by looking at the situation of this team.

Pakistan has next to none chances of beating India today.

Pakistan can deal with Rohit and Kohli but what about the greatest cricketer in the world?
Rishab Pant is an indestructible force and they need to prepare a good strategy to counter him, don’t get hung up on Rohit-Kohli, Sky. Pant is the biggest challenge for you guys.

There's a way easier way to unsettle then.
Bowl first and have Afridi and Amir just bowl in the lines where they've been stomping Kohli and Rohit for ages. These two have a good history against both players and it will likely be the last time Amir faces either of them-he will want to finish on a high note. Keep them off their game, send them back to the pavilion early, and be into the tail by the time the first 10 overs are up.
While I'm sure the Indian team has gotten plenty of practice, they've not seen the field in live matches.
let's not assume that the Pakistani team has quit. It's India, it's in New York, and if anyone is capable of stunning India, it's Afridi and Amir.

From last few years, India Vs Pakistan matches lost its charm, mostly it’s been one side affair in favour of India

The pressure on pakistan is much more than India .. Pakistan lose they are out, India lose they are still in it

To secure a victory in tomorrow's game, Pakistan must avoid relying on clichés such as 'aggression,' 'passion,' and 'Jazba.' Instead, their strategy should focus on maintaining composure, staying focused, and enjoying the game. They need to execute well-thought-out plans without distraction, emphasizing simplicity, effective strike rotation, strong fielding and catching, and precise bowling.

This is a ridiculous thing to seriously expect from Pakistan. Especially when you have Babar as captain, who is generally a very mild-mannered and nice guy. On top of that, he is tactically inept and is not someone who is necessarily an inspirational figure in the team or someone with the foresight to think one step ahead of his opponent. Whenever the bowlers are getting hammered he generally seems to be within his own bubble, rather than being that voice of reason, keeping calm and keeping everyone on track. So expecting him to do a 180 degree just because Pakistan are playing India, like I said, its a ridiculous thing to even expect.

The only way Pakistan can win this game is if they come out with a plan and are energetic enough in the field. Because Pakistan is a confidence team. If the confidence is there, they will play within themselves and win inspite of Babar's captaincy, which somehow always gives the opposition a way back into the game. But if it that confidence not there, then they will get punished.

Pakistan is dealing with multiple problems here. Even if top order or the bowlers bring them to good position in the match the hacks we have in the middle are unreliable and can't even be trusted to carry on the momentum, let alone change the trajectory of the game.

Due to the weakness in the middle the rest of the players are under immense pressure as well and are not able to perform to their potential as they are being conservative to make sure the team doesn't end up relying on the middle order.

Also, many players are out of form. Rizwan who is usually crucial at the start is completely out of form and is not able to setup the game like he used to.

If they lose tomorrow the world cup is done for pakistan which probably won't be such a bad thing as they seemed not ready in the first place.

Pakistan can create chaos by telling Indians you should really smash us to bits…

Hahaahahaahahahaahahahahaahaaahaah

Pakistan can deal with Rohit and Kohli but what about the greatest cricketer in the world?
Rishab Pant is an indestructible force and they need to prepare a good strategy to counter him, don’t get hung up on Rohit-Kohli, Sky. Pant is the biggest challenge for you guys.
The likes of Pant and Sky haven't troubled Pakistan ever.

It's Kohli, Rohit and Pandya that seem to like Pakistani bowling

The likes of Pant and Sky haven't troubled Pakistan ever.

It's Kohli, Rohit and Pandya that seem to like Pakistani bowling
Yes, but last time we played a t20 against india in 2022.

In 2021 and 2022 our bowlers were gun which is why we survived so well. Shaheen was fit and firing and 2022 was hard carried by the bowlers.

Infact we only really lost against Australia due to hasan Ali who was the weak link they exploited, and obviously it didn't help Matthew wade ended up showing up for that one game.

Even 2022, batting was crap, It was carried by bowling and we were hard dine by shaheen getting injured last minute and chacha bowling messing it up.

Our bowling post 2022 has been crap, Shaheen, Amir and naseem came back a shell of their former selves. Rauf was always a run machine but took wickets, However he worked well when all bowlers were firing, hence his breakthroughs were key, He doesn't gell well with everyone now though that everyone is expensive and isn't doing any heavy lifting.

Spin bowling was always poor but Pakistan covered it up by mostly playing pacers and just going attack.

Sky isn't dealing with a fit and firing shaheen, naseem or Amir anymore. Other then it being played on a crap pitch, pur bowlers don't have the advantage.

It is always good to see you supporting your team and presenting ideas and strategies that can help Pakistan win a game against India. I believe we must drop Azam and Iftikhar and replace them with Saim and Imad Wasim, only then we will have a little bit of chance of beating India in the next game. I really hope that Pakistan take the approach that you are suggesting in your opening post and shock India in the game tomorrow.

Yes, but last time we played a t20 against india in 2022.

In 2021 and 2022 our bowlers were gun which is why we survived so well. Shaheen was fit and firing and 2022 was hard carried by the bowlers.

Infact we only really lost against Australia due to hasan Ali who was the weak link they exploited, and obviously it didn't help Matthew wade ended up showing up for that one game.

Even 2022, batting was crap, It was carried by bowling and we were hard dine by shaheen getting injured last minute and chacha bowling messing it up.

Our bowling post 2022 has been crap, Shaheen, Amir and naseem came back a shell of their former selves. Rauf was always a run machine but took wickets, However he worked well when all bowlers were firing, hence his breakthroughs were key, He doesn't gell well with everyone now though that everyone is expensive and isn't doing any heavy lifting.

Spin bowling was always poor but Pakistan covered it up by mostly playing pacers and just going attack.

Sky isn't dealing with a fit and firing shaheen, naseem or Amir anymore. Other then it being played on a crap pitch, pur bowlers don't have the advantage.
Shadab was our highest wicket-taker in both World Cups. He controlled the middle-overs in T20Is.

Our bowling attack has surrendered because of how terrible Shadab has become. Overall, the balance is completely gone.

Shadab’s severe loss in form has co-incided with the team disintegrating.

Shadab was our highest wicket-taker in both World Cups. He controlled the middle-overs in T20Is.

Our bowling attack has surrendered because of how terrible Shadab has become. Overall, the balance is completely gone.

He was such an integral cog. Provided complete balance to the team with his batting, bowling and fielding.

Their better allrounders then him in acc emerging cup and domestic.

He's been out of it post 2022. Their was no reason to ever persist with him.

Sticking purely to this original point there is one fundamental flaw. That is Pakistan are NOT mentally strong enough to do this.

Sangakara was/is a strong minded person. Extremely strong minded. He spent the early part of his career psyching out so many people with his sledging and just by being a nuisance that after a while he simply didn't need to. But he knew that he COULD.
Sri Lanka as a team were brilliant for this bit they had characters like Jayasuriya/De Silva/Murali/Ranatunga etc who walked the walk also...as well as Sanga.

If we started doing this then knowing our mentally weak team we would believe it within the first 2 overs and capitulate to 40 all out.

Babar as an individual is not strong enough to talk this way pre or post game. That is no slight on his English speaking....he just doesn't have it in him. Sometimes a leader needs to and that's one area he is lacking. This is precisely where you need an Imad type character (or Imad himself) to lead.

Shadab had it at one stage but lost it with his bowling form. Rizwan could but he's too polite. No one else in our squad or current player make up has the mental strength to carry this.

It is always good to see you supporting your team and presenting ideas and strategies that can help Pakistan win a game against India. I believe we must drop Azam and Iftikhar and replace them with Saim and Imad Wasim, only then we will have a little bit of chance of beating India in the next game. I really hope that Pakistan take the approach that you are suggesting in your opening post and shock India in the game tomorrow.
I would drop Rauf as well, nothing bowler and Indians love feasting on him.

I would drop Rauf as well, nothing bowler and Indians love feasting on him.
I thought he bowled well and he is in my playing 11, but agree that we must change our line up and surprise them with something new.

It was a mistake to allow him to bowl the last over, should have been either Shaheen or Nasim

along with these two, I will also drop Shadab for Abrar -- we need a genuine spin option.

It was a mistake to allow him to bowl the last over, should have been either Shaheen or Nasim
anyone who can handle pressure, sadly, we don't have many these days -- I mean Haris bowled two full toss, Amir choked in super over, remember Shaheen got toyed by wade in last over ------ don't know if Naseem have got any opportunity in such scenarios.

I thought he bowled well and he is in my playing 11, but agree that we must change our line up and surprise them with something new.
yes , the bowling brought us back and than let it go in the last over.

I will utilise Rauf in the middle overs and ask him to bend his back -- where are bouncers from our fast bowlers.

If both Pakistan and India play to their maximum capability, there is no way Pakistan is winning.

After their loss to the USA, against a team where players took time off work to play cricket, Pakistan do not deserve winning. Any victory would be a clear fluke.

I disagree entirely, most victories by Pakistan are almost certainly not flukes and if Pakistan play to their maximum capability they can trounce India.

The issue is that the Pakistan cricket team is too accustomed to having mental blocks: too easily panicked by a given situation which causes silly mistakes, which then snowballs into embarrassing losses.

along with these two, I will also drop Shadab for Abrar -- we need a genuine spin option.
I don’t like Shadab and I agree that we do need a genuine spin option, but we just can’t bat these days, so it is important to go with as many batters as possible in the game today. It is very difficult call to make, but I won’t mind if Shadab is dropped for Abrar

Plus India is the last team he would want to bowl at. They know how to play spin, they know even better how to demolish part time spinners.
there was a time when our part time spinners (like Amir Sohail) were better than today's supposedly genuine spinner.

The only way Pakistan can cause chaos is if they win the toss and put India in to bat. Then they have three bowlers in Shaheen, Amir and Naseem who can all cause chaos if they can actually control the swing and pitch it in the right areas. No need for sledging or mind games, just bowl the right channels.

That's a big if.

Even Australians don't sledge Kohli as they fear it will backfire.
Call it old school like someone said : bowl well , field well and bat well that should do the trick most of times.
Creating chaos could result in getting in chaos mode yourself.

Kohli and Rohit have rolled over multiple times in crunch situations when things didn’t go their way.

India is susceptible to collapsing. Pakistan has no chance of winning if they do what they are expected to do.

They need to do what they are not expected to do. Pakistani players have never sledged Indian players including Kohli. They don’t expect to be sledged by them.

Give it a shot. See how they react. Try to unsettle them. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work, who cares.

There is no harm in trying something different when you know that the orthodox approach will lead to failure.

I think Pakistan will get a pat on their back if they fall on their face attempting to do something different rather than lose the usual way.
All this has already happened. We have been embarrassed and no one expects us to win. This can either inspire us and bring out a flash in the pan performance or we can capitulate.

nine times out of ten India beats us. We can just hope this is the exception.

Back