How should over-population be fixed in South Asia?

R1a1

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
South asian countries are extremly over populated and it's getting worse and worse. Especially countries like India and Bangladesh, I think land will run out for them in like 50-100 years if nothing is done. Even in Pakistan, the next 50 years are critical,

overpopulation.jpg

overloaded_train_hanging_india-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

ju50a31b55.jpg

india_train_crowd2.jpg

Last edited:
More scary will be food crisis.

Very critical issue is this with serious long term problems , when population is above a certain level disadvantages seriously outweigh advantages like work force, 200 million is touching the limit for Pakistan to provide ideal combination of large workforce to provide rapid growth and its good effect of growth on all population.

Countries with very large population like china are most probably bound to stuck in "middle income trap", even those with amazing homogeneity and good manufacturing economy like china, the total GDP required to say increase per capita over 20000$ is ridiculously high for them and probably unreal, not considering even bigger issues of providing good standard of living to most of such large population.(distribution of wealth etc)

Last edited:
The more the merrier. This has been the philosophy for centuries in India.

Current Indian population is about 125 crores and I have a feeling it is more than that. Most low income people do not care about registering births anyways.

Incidentally, there are only 4 states in India that contribute to about 60% of the population. Its total failure on the part of respective State Govt's to take proper measures to curb the rapid population growth.

Uttar Pradesh - 15.5 crores (This is after splitting the state a decade ago. Otherwise, it is 30 crores)
Maharashtra - 11.2 crores
Bihar - 10.3 crores (Again after carving Jharkhand out of it. Otherwise it is 15 crores)
West Bengal - 9.2 crores
Andhra Pradesh - 8.4 crores

How do we fix it? Too late. Nature has to take its own course.

But India can
1) Implement 1 child polic.
2) Forced sterelization
3) Making Women more educated so that they are not just baby popping machines
4) Distributing pills to Men that curbs their libido.
5) Additional Tax on people who have more than 2 kids.
6) If a person earns less than $1/day, they should not be allowed to have more than 1 kid.

I know whatever I posted is not practical in India. Its too corrupted and people are too ridden in superstition to follow the rules and think about the future of India. So best solution is, turn a blind eye and let nature and God decide what is best.

Unfortunately, there are too many religious/ethical issues when somebody tries to talk about family planning at the state level in our countries.

Best thing to do would be to educate the masses and make them realize that if you are bringing someone in this world make sure you have enough resources to raise them.

Last edited:
I think it can only happen naturally, Pakistan's pop. will rise steadily till 300-320 million

There are a lot of factors contributing to it :

- loadshedding :yk

- The religious : contraceptive methods are a foreign conspiracy . Kids are a blessing from the God . They could add to the blessings every year .

- The working class : They have a very calculative approach to it . If their 6 year old earns 5000 rupees , and they have decide to have 10 kids , their household income will be 50000 . As the child grows , so will the income .

- Worthless schooling system : If the working class parents send their kids to school , it will require lots of hardwork and money as an investment into the future . The kid after becoming a doctor will start to earn as much as the 6 year old after all that trouble . Unless they bring in a foreign degree or start private clinics , they will not be earning much .

- Quality over quantity , needs to be understood .

I would also say the media has a big role to play in this aswell, probably the biggest since people in the sub continent believe everything that is out there in the media.

I would also say the media has a big role to play in this aswell, probably the biggest since people in the sub continent believe everything that is out there in the media.

We can`t convince people to vaccinate their kids to prevent polio , can we convince them to have less kids ? :wasim

Contraceptive methods are haraam because "Allah denay wala hai".

Regards,

Molvi of today.

So you can tick Pakistan off this list. We will continue to breed like rabbits.

Very attractive Financial incentives for any female who ties her tubes after 1 kid.
Same with men. Very attractive financial incentives for men having permanent vasectomy after one child.

And double the incentive if no child.

Very attractive Financial incentives for any female who ties her tubes after 1 kid.
Same with men. Very attractive financial incentives for men having permanent vasectomy after one child.

And double the incentive if no child.

Watch the number of orphaned kids go up then . :inti

And we need to make such laws keeping men in mind . One child per woman means four marriages , so not only one has to take care of 4 kids , but even 4 wives . :yk

Last edited:
Vasectomy should be promoted.there are so many misconceptions surrounding it.it is a painless and easy procedure compared to tubectomy.Already women is suffering a lot during childbirth.so let men take this responsibility.:)

Regards,

Molvi of today.

But even the Moulvis practise some form of control

100 years back there were so many families with 10-15 kids.
Nowadays even Moulvis do not tend to have more than 6-7

That attitude of "produce as many as possible" is not correct.

But India can
2) Forced sterelization
Did'nt Sanjay Ghandi try that? Including stopping buses, taking every male on board to a clinic and forcibly sterilising them.
6) If a person earns less than $1/day, they should not be allowed to have more than 1 kid.
So wealth should dictate as to how many children the law allows?

Regards,

Molvi of today.

So you can tick Pakistan off this list. We will continue to breed like rabbits.

Not really a problem since drones and terrorist bombings will reduce Pakistan's population so the molvi has fixed the same problem he has created. Now we just have to worry about Sri Lanka and India.

This is something I really want to read into further as I find this subject interesting territory. I remember posting a thread about South Asia's 'population bomb' a while ago.

It is mainly economic development that'll help to lift women out of the high birth rate poverty trap. As much as overpopulation is a problem - "under-distribution" is another. As of 2011, 1.3 billion tons of food, about one third of the global food production, are lost or wasted annually.

This gross inequality means women are reduced to desperation in order to make ends meet and put food on the table - and that usually means more kids.

In the case of Pakistan - Pakistani women constitute half of Pakistan’s population, perform nearly two-thirds of work hours, receive one-tenth of the total income and own less than one-hundredth of Pakistan’s property. That is why unfortunately many women in South Asia think more kids = more money.

Also women’s empowerment including education and career opportunities contribute to lower and therefore more sustainable birth rates. Universal access to reproductive health services is one of the main factors that help to reduce birth rates.

2) Forced sterelization

Good lord no ! Overpopulation can be resolved but there is no need to resort to Nazi-era policies.

every year on railway budget(India), you can see that most number of trains are to Uttar pradesh,Bihar,W.Bengal like states. so, when the Up wale have his 15 children, each will be taking trains to Delhi,Bombay,Calcutta,Madras,Bangalore,Ahmedabad,Pune,Cochin etc etc.

Watch the number of orphaned kids go up then . :inti

And we need to make such laws keeping men in mind . One child per woman means four marriages , so not only one has to take care of 4 kids , but even 4 wives . :yk

Nope, doesn't work this way.
A pair gets married, registers to have one kid. Right after the birth of kid, they tie tubes. And that's it.
Young women who already have kids and have potential to give birth to more kids but opt to tie their tubes should also get financial incentives.

For the four wives thing ... if a man goes thru an irreversible vasectomy, then it doesn't matter how many wives he takes. :)

Proper Sex Ed. / Family Planning policies should implemented and made mandatory on a national scale . A family should know when "enough" is "enough" , being "passionate" about the matter and just going with the flow is what causes families to go from single digits to double digits .

I remember their being a hilarious " Idea " 3G Ad featuring Abhishek Bachan, where being Idle was shown as a major cause for over-population and the simple solution was to just keep the "Janta" pre-occupied to avoid escalated matters .

You could blame mostly rural areas, since they aren't as educated as their urban counterparts. I'd like to suggest a scheme for free distribution of contraceptives and education on their usage as well .

A 5-10 year family restriction policy be applied on them as well , limiting children amount to 2-3 per family . As Inhumane as it sounds to bound their human souls , it's a necessity which will definitely benefit them as well .

The more the merrier. This has been the philosophy for centuries in India.

Current Indian population is about 125 crores and I have a feeling it is more than that. Most low income people do not care about registering births anyways.

Incidentally, there are only 4 states in India that contribute to about 60% of the population. Its total failure on the part of respective State Govt's to take proper measures to curb the rapid population growth.

Uttar Pradesh - 15.5 crores (This is after splitting the state a decade ago. Otherwise, it is 30 crores)
Maharashtra - 11.2 crores
Bihar - 10.3 crores (Again after carving Jharkhand out of it. Otherwise it is 15 crores)
West Bengal - 9.2 crores
Andhra Pradesh - 8.4 crores

How do we fix it? Too late. Nature has to take its own course.

But India can
2) Forced sterelization
3) Making Women more educated so that they are not just baby popping machines
4) Distributing pills to Men that curbs their libido.
5) Additional Tax on people who have more than 2 kids.

I know whatever I posted is not practical in India. Its too corrupted and people are too ridden in superstition to follow the rules and think about the future of India. So best solution is, turn a blind eye and let nature and God decide what is best.

This is literally textbook stuff.

A 5-10 year family restriction policy be applied on them as well , limiting children amount to 2-3 per family . As Inhumane as it sounds to bound their human souls , it's a necessity which will definitely benefit them as well .

Hard to enforce realistically though. Does the government send an official around to each home to count the number of children ? There will be the usual corruption in the system too. People will find a way to get around the system.

China have had the 4-2-1 problem - the one child having to provide for 2 parents and 4 grandparents. They also have a skewed gender ratio. Not to mention the horrific cases of abortions that have taken place there.

Ultimately any restrictions on the size of a family would be hard to implement, realistically the best bet is for greater investment in reproductive education for women and for more access to reproductive health clinics.

But even the Moulvis practise some form of control

100 years back there were so many families with 10-15 kids.
Nowadays even Moulvis do not tend to have more than 6-7

That attitude of "produce as many as possible" is not correct.

6-7 are not enough for you?

Not really a problem since drones and terrorist bombings will reduce Pakistan's population so the molvi has fixed the same problem he has created. Now we just have to worry about Sri Lanka and India.

One way to look at it.

Reminds me of a joke in Urdu.

So this govt officer launches a family planning awareness program by a door to door knock campaign. He reaches a village where he knocks at a door. The owner of the house welcomes him in. The officer realizes that this guy is jobless and has 12 kids, so he says .... yaar kuch khuda ka khofe karo ... tumharay pass job nahi, rozegaar nahi aur 12 bachay?????? Itnay bachay kia karain hain???
The guy says: Daykhayn ji, Allah kay kaam hain yeh ... jisnay iss duniya mein aana hai, usnay tou aana hai,, hum kia kar saktay hain?
The officer replies: Haan yar thik hai, lekin jisnay iss duniya mein nahi aana usko zore sey tou na bulwao na.

Hard to enforce realistically though. Does the government send an official around to each home to count the number of children ? There will be the usual corruption in the system too. People will find a way to get around the system.

Of course , if we are talking about implementing the One-Child policy as it is then the task becomes seemingly impossible in a country like Pakistan since our circumstances are quite unstable . China's family restriction plans had too many loopholes and could be well termed barbaric as well.

What I suggest is , to introduce lenient steps to avoid cases like the one that happened way back in 2011. Introduce it on a provincial level , where the problem is the most. A longer time period is too prone to cause skewed gender ratios , so start off with a 5/10 year plan to see how it evolves . I will admit that the economy will play a huge part in it's success, that's why the government should offer proper and better education for all youth so they can achieve better livelihoods to support their families. To tackle corruption ,setup a committee to monitor any sort of misdoing.

I'll be honest, all this is highly unlikely to happen in a state such as ours but it is possible in KPK where revolutionary steps are being introduced .

Though, I could only see it implemented as a drastic measure.

Ultimately any restrictions on the size of a family would be hard to implement, realistically the best bet is for greater investment in reproductive education for women and for more access to reproductive health clinics
Agreed .

Last edited:
I am gonna have 30 wives and each wife have 7 kids so i have 210 kids,every kids is gonna is gonna govern 1 countrie,so i gonna become the world master.This plan is almost perfect:afridi

Last edited:
I am gonna have 30 wives and each wife have 7 kids so i have 210 kids,every kids is gonna is gonna govern 1 countrie,so i gonna become the world master.This plan is almost perfect:afridi

30 wives? lol youll be cut into pieces and then the wives will fight over the remains of your blighted kingdom you will elave the world a giant mess full of endless conflict.

(i take it your not married..lol)

30 wives? lol youll be cut into pieces and then the wives will fight over the remains of your blighted kingdom you will elave the world a giant mess full of endless conflict.

(i take it your not married..lol)

Yeah maybe im gonna get kill but i don't care at least i'm gonna to be immortal:yk

That would be a really bad idea, I think. Such a drastic drop in population will lead to all sorts of problems- look at China now, they are starting to suffer from the decisions taken by Deng Xiaoping in the late 70s with regards to population control.

Ideally, you want the birth rate to be around 1.8, 1.7. So that the population is slowly decreasing, but not at a rate drastic enough to cause serious social and economic problems.

Ban load shading in night :lee
Actually Indias population growth rate is decrease as compare to last decade but still its not enough
India's decadal growth rate has come down from 21.54 in 2001 to 17.64, according to the latest census.
Also encouraging is the steady decline in the Total Fertility Rate, which is currently 2.6 ¡ª a 42% decline from the mid-1960s.

Give more power to Women. Make marriage redundant ("be rah rawe") so that women always have to worry about their figure and not want to ruin it by having a child.

Give importance to careers and get women in the work field.

Ease up immigration policies in first world countries! Lets share the earth, please. :afridi

Seriously though, the population would not be a problem if there was a more even distribution of wealth.

Sri Lankan population is not growing. It's the one thing SL did get right, along with education, leading to higher HDI levels than the rest of our neighbours. In fact we will be facing a crisis of sorts as we will have an aging, declining population in a few decades.

There is no solution pakistan's population will grow untill 300 million odd than stabilize and than age and decline so The max I see Our population reaching is 350-400 and than it will decline.

There should be a limit of 2 kids per family.

Over population is one of the reasons Pakistan is in a mess today. I see Asian families with 5/6 kids here in England and I just shake my head thinking about it. Unless you have the time and are financially well off to look after them I don't see the logic with having so many children in this age.

There should be a limit of 2 kids per family.

Over population is one of the reasons Pakistan is in a mess today. I see Asian families with 5/6 kids here in England and I just shake my head thinking about it. Unless you have the time and are financially well off to look after them I don't see the logic with having so many children in this age.

Mostly uneducated people are the ones with 5-6 kids.

They don't think about their financial situation during loadshedding and make the best of the opportunity :asadrauf

Instead of imposing the Chinese model of forcing citizens to have only 1 child, south Asian countries should follow the Kerela model. The Indian state significantly improved education among women and educated them on family planning.

Too bad such reforms cannot be implemented in Pakistan due to religion. Heck women literacy rates in Pakistan are astoundingly low and many families have a minimum of 5-6 children since children mainly sons are thought of as investments.

Sri Lankan population is not growing. It's the one thing SL did get right, along with education, leading to higher HDI levels than the rest of our neighbours. In fact we will be facing a crisis of sorts as we will have an aging, declining population in a few decades.

Ya cause people ran way from being bombed and killed. It is hard to have the desire to have many babies once you are getting bombed, just saying. Like I said before, UN doesn't conduct stats, so it is what ever the country data country provides. It doesnt' conduct stats in many part of the war effected zones, so that eliminates the most poorer part of SL.

Ya cause people ran way from being bombed and killed. It is hard to have the desire to have many babies once you are getting bombed, just saying. Like I said before, UN doesn't conduct stats, so it is what ever the country data country provides. It doesnt' conduct stats in many part of the war effected zones, so that eliminates the most poorer part of SL.

this is completely wrong. what are u basing it on? who has been critical of sri lankan census stats? i remember u questioning the gdp per capita stats of sl as well and i'd like for u to once back it up with actual evidence. in case u didnt know the last census was done in 2011, after the war ended. please back up ur statements or take it back.

Instead of imposing the Chinese model of forcing citizens to have only 1 child, south Asian countries should follow the Kerela model. The Indian state significantly improved education among women and educated them on family planning.

Too bad such reforms cannot be implemented in Pakistan due to religion. Heck women literacy rates in Pakistan are astoundingly low and many families have a minimum of 5-6 children since children mainly sons are thought of as investments.

Either the Kerala model or the Iran model, which has been far more successful and more humane than Chinese model would ever will be.

Unfortunately, you can't curtail population growth without getting the ulema involved, and that's where Iran succeeded: by courting Ayatollahs to encourage family planning and contraception to married couples and saw it's fertility rate cut from 6+ in the late 70s to one that is comparable to Western Europe.

this is completely wrong. what are u basing it on? who has been critical of sri lankan census stats? i remember u questioning the gdp per capita stats of sl as well and i'd like for u to once back it up with actual evidence. in case u didnt know the last census was done in 2011, after the war ended. please back up ur statements or take it back.

The "census" was a questionnaire, it wasn't conducted the same was as it was conducted else where in SL. Some people got it, some didn't, some filled it, some didn't. It is obvious that people in North and East have no jobs and live of remittances. Guess what was on the one sided "census" questionnaire ? " Remittances sent by family/relatives"(something along that line). It wasn't designed to suit the people of North and East. Sri Lanka is also a very expensive place to live, very expensive place. In 2004, KFC's Chicken Biryani was 99 rupees, now its 399 rupees. India is also much cheaper. I lived in both places, a spinach. Example, 50cent worth of spinach in India was 5 rupees in SL. Just google street view North and Eastern provinces, you'll see the conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "census" was a questionnaire, it wasn't conducted the same was as it was conducted else where in SL. Some people got it, some didn't, some filled it, some didn't. It is obvious that people in North and East have no jobs and live of remittances. Guess what was on the one sided "census" questionnaire ? " Remittances sent by family/relatives"(something along that line). It wasn't designed to suit the people of North and East. Sri Lanka is also a very expensive place to live, very expensive place. In 2004, KFC's Chicken Biryani was 99 rupees, now its 399 rupees. India is also much cheaper. I lived in both places, a spinach. Example, 50cent worth of spinach in India was 5 rupees in SL. Just google street view North and Eastern provinces, you'll see the conditions.

1. What do u think think a census is? It IS a questionnaire. It has always been a questionnaire everywhere in the world? They try to collect data from every single person and weight the data to fill in the gaps. This is basic standard practice. Not really sure what ur problem with it is? Do u realize that workers living abroad is the second biggest income earner for Sri Lanka right now, even bigger than tea? What is wrong with it? It's a valid question and should be asked. Or are u saying it was only asked from the Tamils because as far as I know the standard questionnaire is developed for the whole country.

2. KFC? Lol are u serious? PPP in SL is not as good as it is in india, this is a fact. How does this relate to what u were saying about census stats being incorrect? SL income is also double the average income income is in India.

3. I don't need to look at photos because I was there 2 weeks ago. Can I ask if uve travelled around the country and when u last visited it? The GDP per capita of Jaffna is not the worst, it's actually a reasonable place to live compared to some of the more poorer areas in SL.

4. Again I must ask if this is your opinion about the census or is backed by a single NGO, a research company or even a Tamil extremist party? I don't care about the opinion of ur parents.

KFC sells chicken biryani in Sri Lnka. WTH!?!

1. What do u think think a census is? It IS a questionnaire. It has always been a questionnaire everywhere in the world? They try to collect data from every single person and weight the data to fill in the gaps. This is basic standard practice. Not really sure what ur problem with it is? Do u realize that workers living abroad is the second biggest income earner for Sri Lanka right now, even bigger than tea? What is wrong with it? It's a valid question and should be asked. Or are u saying it was only asked from the Tamils because as far as I know the standard questionnaire is developed for the whole country.

2. KFC? Lol are u serious? PPP in SL is not as good as it is in india, this is a fact. How does this relate to what u were saying about census stats being incorrect? SL income is also double the average income income is in India.

3. I don't need to look at photos because I was there 2 weeks ago. Can I ask if uve travelled around the country and when u last visited it? The GDP per capita of Jaffna is not the worst, it's actually a reasonable place to live compared to some of the more poorer areas in SL.

4. Again I must ask if this is your opinion about the census or is backed by a single NGO, a research company or even a Tamil extremist party? I don't care about the opinion of ur parents.

What is the average monthly income of a software engineer in SL?

Bangladesh in recent years has finally managed to control population growth but the problem is that the population is already at least three times more than what it should be given the country's resources.

80k might be too high as an average for a guy with 2 years experience. It's probably closer to 65k tbh since u are asking for the average.

That translates to about 27K indian rupees which is lower than the salary of an average software engineer in India with 2 year experience.

I'm asking because my dad once said a single dosa cost about 150 Lankan rupees which seems a bit costlier than what you get in India. Are commodities generally costlier in Sri Lanka?

That translates to about 27K indian rupees which is lower than the salary of an average software engineer in India with 2 year experience.

I'm asking because my dad once said a single dosa cost about 150 Lankan rupees which seems a bit costlier than what you get in India. Are commodities generally costlier in Sri Lanka?

I'm probably not the best person to ask about salaries since I have never worked in SL. I'm just guesstimating it. The average IT professional in India probably does make more..can't believe average could be higher in SL for ur bog standard call centre or network guy.

Yes SL is a lot more expensive than india but rs150 for a dosa sounds very high. Was he at a high class joint or something?

I'm probably not the best person to ask about salaries since I have never worked in SL. I'm just guesstimating it. The average IT professional in India probably does make more..can't believe average could be higher in SL for ur bog standard call centre or network guy.

Yes SL is a lot more expensive than india but rs150 for a dosa sounds very high. Was he at a high class joint or something?

He said it a a good restaurant. Probably was ripped off as he was a tourist. Happens everyday in India:narine

KFC sells chicken biryani in Sri Lnka. WTH!?!

LOL you know how much eggs cost ? Milk and other grocery items cost ? They are mind blowing. India is a lot of cheaper. Another example, for Deepavli/Diwali i used to by a packet containing rocket fireworks for 10 rupees, when I went to SL, it cost me the same to buy 1 friggin rocket. SMH !!!!.

1. How do you think they collected "census" over the war time ? If you look at SL's GDP/person, it has always gone up constantly, regardless of the war, google it. Every country doesn't take census the same. From what I remember, only 1 out of 3 aunts got census people coming to their house. It was either biased or people in charge were incompetence, im sure it was more to do with saving budget. Remittances don't count as income, if they were to then Philippines GDP/capita would be sky rocket along with India.

2. Yes, KFC is just an example. Look at the cost of products in sl, look how much expensive they have become. I lived in India, products were much cheaper. Way cheaper.

WTH is this ? Compare the prices between the two countries.
https://www.keellssuper.com/ProductListView/M
http://www.bigbasket.com/pc/meat/chicken/fresh-chicken/?nc=nb

3. Where did you get GDP/ capita facts for Jaffna? Why are you bringing Jaffna ? Bring the entire North and East area. Like I said, many live of remittances and the others do other physical labour works. It is those who have no relatives to look after suffer the most. How long did you spend there ? Did you do research there ? I have relatives there, I have people that have relatives there, news from North and East gets broadcast here. I haven't been there I left in 2004.

4. Do you think an NGO will travel to SL to conduct a study on how in accurate the census on certain areas of the place ? Or do you think they will focus on bigger things like people disappearing, getting raped and etc ? You think a "Tamil extremist party" is going to be ticked of that SL's census isn't accurate ? lol. Might want to think harder before questioning ludicrous questions.

Problem is not over population. Problem is the ecological footprint of the greedy fat consumerist capitalist coca cola guzzling fast food gorging zombie sloths intellectual pygmies sitting in the developed countries.

1. How do you think they collected "census" over the war time ? If you look at SL's GDP/person, it has always gone up constantly, regardless of the war, google it. Every country doesn't take census the same. From what I remember, only 1 out of 3 aunts got census people coming to their house. It was either biased or people in charge were incompetence, im sure it was more to do with saving budget. Remittances don't count as income, if they were to then Philippines GDP/capita would be sky rocket along with India.

2. Yes, KFC is just an example. Look at the cost of products in sl, look how much expensive they have become. I lived in India, products were much cheaper. Way cheaper.

3. Where did you get GDP/ capita facts for Jaffna? Why are you bringing Jaffna ? Bring the entire North and East area. Like I said, many live of remittances and the others do other physical labour works. It is those who have no relatives to look after suffer the most. How long did you spend there ? Did you do research there ? I have relatives there, I have people that have relatives there, news from North and East gets broadcast here. I haven't been there I left in 2004.

4. Do you think an NGO will travel to SL to conduct a study on how in accurate the census on certain areas of the place ? Or do you think they will focus on bigger things like people disappearing, getting raped and etc ? You think a "Tamil extremist party" is going to be ticked of that SL's census isn't accurate ? lol. Might want to think harder before questioning ludicrous questions.

1. i'm tired of arguing this with u. u have no clue what u are saying at all. there was no census in sl between 81 and 2011 so i have no idea what u are talking about.

2. still not sure what kfc has to do with the census being incorrect. explain properly cos i'm getting tired. are u trying to prove that sl is expensive? we can have that discussion on another thread

3. GDP/ demographics stats are freely available. again don't care about ur family.

4. why would i question the census when nobody else has questioned it? in fact this is the first time i've heard anybody say it is incorrect. why would i have to prove it's correct when nobody else has a problem with it? what are u basing ur opinion on- ur aunts? if u are going to say it's wrong then back it up with people who investigated it.

it's like im arguing with a child

i missed ur bit about the foreign workers. yes of course they are a huge part of the sri lankan economy. and the effect of them on certain demographics has to be measured. this whole argument is ridiculous.

[MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION] can't be bothered arguing this with u anymore. Tell me what the basis of ur opinion that the census data is incorrect is. I can't argue ur opinion and ur aunts opinion so unless u have some evidence, there is no point continuing this

[MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION] can't be bothered arguing this with u anymore. Tell me what the basis of ur opinion that the census data is incorrect is. I can't argue ur opinion and ur aunts opinion so unless u have some evidence, there is no point continuing this

Then don't lol. You don't have to believe me. Now tell me how am I supposed to provide evidence for that ? Why don' t you suggest me a method ? Why can't I use 3 of my aunts for this ? They represent 100% of my family members there. I mean that is all I got, you don't have to believe me lol.

1. i'm tired of arguing this with u. u have no clue what u are saying at all. there was no census in sl between 81 and 2011 so i have no idea what u are talking about.

2. still not sure what kfc has to do with the census being incorrect. explain properly cos i'm getting tired. are u trying to prove that sl is expensive? we can have that discussion on another thread

3. GDP/ demographics stats are freely available. again don't care about ur family.

4. why would i question the census when nobody else has questioned it? in fact this is the first time i've heard anybody say it is incorrect. why would i have to prove it's correct when nobody else has a problem with it? what are u basing ur opinion on- ur aunts? if u are going to say it's wrong then back it up with people who investigated it.

it's like im arguing with a child

I already replied to u regarding #1 on post #92.

The cost of chicken biryani is an example of the high inflation in SL and the general living expense of SL. You can't claim SL is better than India because the GDP/capita is high. India is a much more cheaper place to live than SL. You have to take that in consideration before boasting about SL.

Why would anyone question census ? why would anyone give a crap whether census are done properly or not in places where people are scrambling for the next meal ?

Back