How's my bowling speed and action?

atleast have a run up lol

speed would prolly be good if you have a proper action and runup

lolz you have no run up . If you had a run up you would bowl faster . Plus a quick arm action does not mean quick bowling .

Well, you would be a quick spinner. With that run up, nothing more can be said.

Need a video with a proper run up.

I guess should have shot this in an area where a run up was possible lol

Wicked action. You should show us your run up. Looks very gali standard but hey you're young so from here on you can only improve.

Not great bro, you need a run up and your heads all over the place
- at least look where you are aiming to pitch the ball With this action you ll be all over the place

First kids getting influenced by Afridi, now Sohail Tanvir. In the future our batsmen are going to be facing the WK when batting :dav

You should consider being a spinner, that action plus any spin that you receive from the pitch will really confuse the batsman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your landing , don't be wrong footed. It can hurt your knees and you should be able to see where are you going to pitch the ball.

I think it's a rather effective bowling action and surprised with the pace being generated with that action using (I assume) tape ball.

There was guy in my school team who had similar action (but also a massive run-up) and generated plenty of pace (this using the proper cricket ball), he was a handful with his pace for the opposition.

I have never seen another 15 year old quicker than this guy to date, alas he had no interest in pursing a career in cricket and is now doing an MBA in the US!

But I am no bowling expert, but it would more helpful to see the full monty with a batsman facing with your proper run-up.

Check your landing , don't be wrong footed. It can hurt your knees and you should be able to see where are you going to pitch the ball.

Thanks btw surprisingly I'm not wrong footed even with having Sohail's action.

dont discourage any one .... if hes good he will cross the line

I would advise you to be a little bit more polite.

To OP: You should consider being a spinner, that action plus any spin that you receive from the pitch will really confuse the batsman.

Yup. I've tried spin too and dont know which to pick.

Wicked action. You should show us your run up. Looks very gali standard but hey you're young so from here on you can only improve.

Thanks, will try to get footage of that too.

I think it's a rather effective bowling action and surprised with the pace being generated with that action using (I assume) tape ball.

There was guy in my school team who had similar action (but also a massive run-up) and generated plenty of pace (this using the proper cricket ball), he was a handful with his pace for the opposition.

I have never seen another 15 year old quicker than this guy to date, alas he had no interest in pursing a career in cricket and is now doing an MBA in the US!

But I am no bowling expert, but it would more helpful to see the full monty with a batsman facing with your proper run-up.

Encouraging words :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A right-handed Sohail Tanvir. Speed can't be judged by that video though.

Nice bowling yaar with good pace. Just work on it, you have plenty of time. Introduce a run up by slowing your pace. Once you gain a bit of rythm then just notch it up to your normal speed.

I think by bringing in your left arm into play a bit more, it might help your balance and accuracy.

You do not look at the batsman while delivering the ball.

That is a very weird action. Looks like you have a chimp on your back and you are trying to rid of it with a big shoulder jerk.

With that action, if the batsman is giving you charge, you would never know.

Speed is alright considering you are 13 or 14(?).

Last edited:
Weird looking action. I personally think that it might end up hurting your rotator cuff because you bring your arm down very forcefully and in an unnatural/jerky fashion. Might want to pay attention to that..but otherwise I guess the pace looks good. And wheres the run up lol

You do not look at the batsman while delivering the ball.

That is a very weird action. Looks like you have a chimp on your back and you are trying to rid of it with a big shoulder jerk.

With that action, if the batsman is giving you charge, you would never know.

Speed is alright considering you are 13 or 14(?).

I'm 17 dude.

Weird looking action. I personally think that it might end up hurting your rotator cuff because you bring your arm down very forcefully and in an unnatural/jerky fashion. Might want to pay attention to that..but otherwise I guess the pace looks good. And wheres the run up lol

No room for run up is there?

Well its a little but wild but not everybody is blessed with a quick arm action so there's a positive. If you could get a video with a run up i could make a better assessment.

You need to have a run-up first dude. The speed might be good if you take a proper run-up and also you need to have a proper action, the one you are having right now is kinda weird.

Quick arm. I think you need a measured rhythmic run up and like other posters have said your head is all over the place. Just a couple of things to keep in mind. Good luck dude :)

Lol you guys were so brave picking on this innocent looking kid in 2012.

Is probably a buff 6'3 dude now who will destroy all the posters who mocked him all those years back with toe crushing yorkers and skull shattering bouncers.

Especially this guy:

That was shockingly bad. Terrible.

Check under your bed before you sleep dude.

Last edited:
Back