"I don't think anyone has doubts over the ability of Shadab Khan & Azam Khan, they play and perform all over the world": Mohammad Amir

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Amir in a pre-match press onference:

"When you come to a T20 World Cup or any ICC event, there is always a challenge and we're ready to accept the challenge and perform well here."

"As a professional, you should always be ready for any situation. Yes, I came back after four years but we've a great bunch of players and I am really looking to perform here."

On the game vs USA:

"For us, we are simply here to win and compete. We want to win every single game and this is a World Cup and there is no margin for errors. We've to perform in every single game."

On washouts and lack of preparation:

"The weather is not in our control. As professionals, we should be able to adapt to any condition. There were a few washouts but we've been playing cricket consistently to be honest. We took on New Zealand and then we played a series in Ireland as well. Despite the rain, we've had some good practice in England as well and we're training hard here as well. Now it's all about the mental game and mentally we're ready to perform well in shaa Allah."

On Shadab Khan & Azam Khan's woes:

"I've always believed that if a player has performed at the higher level, then his ability shouldn't be doubted. Yes, players go through bad patches and it has happened to some legends of the game as well. I don't think anyone has doubts over the ability of Shadab & Azam. They play leagues all over the world and I think they're just one game away from finding their mojo. Both of them have an ability to win matches single-handedly on a given day."

On sharing the new ball and his role:

"As a senior player, I think you have to accept the role that you have been given by the management. As a team, we're quite clear about our roles and we know which player can perform where. We're pretty clear in our plans and you will see that on the ground in shaa Allah."

On playing in America & future of cricket in America:

"ICC has taken a really good step by promoting cricket in the States through such a huge event. Last year, the Major League was also quite successful. I am looking forward to playing in America and for me personally, whether it's a league match or an international game, at the end of the day, you've to perform. If you look at our pace attack, there is Naseem, Haris & Shaheen. They have been performing well for Pakistan and it puts extra responsibility on me as a senior player to chip in nicely between them and benefit the team."

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the point playing cricket all over the world if they can't perform for their national team?

It's clear they are not mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of international cricket.

so azam khan and shadab will be in the playing 11 and babar azam is banking on them 2 to become good as they are just 1 game away from finding their mojo. and we are going to risk the world cup trying to find their mojo.

What's the point playing cricket all over the world if they can't perform for their national team?

It's clear they are not mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of international cricket.
What amir has said serves to be a charge sheet against Shadab and Azam rather than a merit or skill certificate.

With Imad injured, Shadab has to play, otherwise you have a tail starting at 7. That leaves you with a choice between Azam and Saim for the last batting slot. Don't think they are bringing Saim back in the middle order, so we'll end up playing both Shadab and Azam against USA.

The more interesting question is which pacer will make way for Abrar in Dallas as I don't think the pitch there needs 4 pacers? If Amir is doing the pre-match presser, that probably means Naseem will be benched. I think this will be the team tomorrow:

Rizwan
Babar
Usman
Fakhar
Shadab
Azam
Iftikhar
Shaheen
Amir
Rauf
Abrar

For the game against India, Naseem will replace Abrar and Imad if fit will replace Shadab.

For the game against India, Naseem will replace Abrar and Imad if fit will replace Shadab.
Let Shadab play with Imad and leave Azam out. Shadab and Azam are equally useless with the bat against top tier bowling, but Shadab provides an additional bowling option. This also means Rizwan can keep and Shadab is a gun fielder.

Let Shadab play with Imad and leave Azam out. Shadab and Azam are equally useless with the bat against top tier bowling, but Shadab provides an additional bowling option. This also means Rizwan can keep and Shadab is a gun fielder.
Yes, the USA game is potentially a batting shootout between Shadab and Azam :)

If Shadab and Azam play we/Pak fans should boycott PCT.

Enough is enough.
Brother. Stay calm and think rationally.

Let’s say USA bat first tomorrow and just have an absolute feast of a day against our seamers. They post a 220ish score by fluke…or even 200..

Bro your not chasing that without Azam, Iftikhar and maybe even Shadab in the XI. They are better off playing now instead of sitting out. You can’t call upon anyone for cover

Let’s say USA bat first tomorrow and just have an absolute feast of a day against our seamers. They post a 220ish score by fluke…or even 200..

Bro your not chasing that without Azam, Iftikhar and maybe even Shadab in the XI. They are better off playing now instead of sitting out. You can’t call upon anyone for cover
Rana sahab! u r defending these players? :D

well joke apart logically ur point is correct as we dont have any better option to go with!

Rana sahab! u r defending these players? :D

well joke apart logically ur point is correct as we dont have any better option to go with!
The Pakistan fan inside me pre MisBarRiz screwed Sarfaraz would have tried to make sense of the situation. That’s all I am doing here for the guys who genuinely want Pakistan to win.

Let’s say you remove Azam, Saim, Shadab now because they are out of flavour…what kind of team are you taking to play your 1st game tomorrow on an absolute road? Imad is injured, he won’t be there to put the breaks on it things get out of hand for Pakistan

Babar and Rizwan alone have chased 200 against England and also SA, both teams that have a superior bowling attack to USA, and you think that Azam, Ifti, and Shadab are a necessity to chase it down? I think a lineup consisting of Babar, Riz, Usman Khan, Fakhar, Imad and Ifti are more than enough to chase that down. I still mentioned Ifti because the post you were replying to was talking about Azam Khan and Shadab, and I totally agree that they are not required in the team right now

The squad is just horrible looking purely bc of Azam Khan in there. If he is to be excluded from the playing XI, then Saim would come in which is okay, but it would send Usman Khan down outside of the top 3 again. It's just a lose lose situation. When are these selectors ever going to think through. We are really taking someone like Azam Khan into a world cup. Unbelievable

The fact that he's name checked them shows he knows there is a problem. Well it is glaringly obvious but still...

Azam worst nepotism than Junaid Zia, etc

It’s like South Africa’s black quota

But instead it’s Pakistan’s Azam Khan quota, if selectors dont pick this pathetic waste of a player then their benefits and bonuses are gonezo, their backs aint gonna be scratched unless they scratch others.

Bet everyone wishes they had such powerful backing that he has, especialy Ahmed Shehzad or Umar Akmal

The fact that he's name checked them shows he knows there is a problem. Well it is glaringly obvious but still...

Almost sounds like the words were put in his mouth by someone else for the sake of presenting a "united front" and a "bonded team" before getting the tournament underway.

Yes, players go through bad patches and it has happened to some legends of the game as well.
This is no bad patch, the whole thing is bad. Azam khan is not having any bad patch MOHAMMAD AMIR bhai. This guy is bad overall. Shadab is also a start and stop kind of guy at the moment. I have zero trust in these 2 guys.

Back