"I feel the improvements and am definitely a better batsman than before" : Asif Ali

Pakistan need to stop picking these gullay cricketers who just slog and hope for best.

The guy was given a chance and was awful and then you think that's the end of that experiment but no, he is brought back again to fail. I don't think even Zimbabwe have anyone aa bad as him. Truly awful selection

I think its time they need to give up on this guys.

Dont understand why the selectors keep having belief this guy will perform.

Though, i would still take risk on Chacha

If you want to play a lower order hitter then that hitter should also be able to play the role of a finisher. Lower order is not just about scoring ten an over to finish the innings off. Sometimes they will come in and steer the innings to the finishing line.

This is where imad wasim is good

Not only can he score at a decent rate but he puts a price on his wkt n likes being knockout there at the end

Its a vital quality at numbers 5-6

I think its time they need to give up on this guys.

Dont understand why the selectors keep having belief this guy will perform.

Though, i would still take risk on Chacha

We all know why you’d take a risk on him

He has definitely looked better in LA cricket but that doesn't mean he was or ever will be international level. His stats are pathetic and he's had enough chances now.

That being said you can't blame the selectors. They are trying to find a finisher/hitter, there just aren't any in Pakistan.

He has definitely looked better in LA cricket but that doesn't mean he was or ever will be international level. His stats are pathetic and he's had enough chances now.

That being said you can't blame the selectors. They are trying to find a finisher/hitter, there just aren't any in Pakistan.

No excuses for his selection. HA is better and offers more in the longer term.

Also it is no wonder why Misbah backs such useless players because he himself was an ordinary player who thought he was legend in his own world.

It baffles me what this guy has done to merit so many chances. Especially when it was obvious a long time ago that he does not have the temperament for international cricket.

Don't understand why Haider was sat out here. The obvious move for the next game would be Haider for Asif, with Danish Aziz to be given a proper chance. Watch management play the same XI since Pak won today.

Don't understand why Haider was sat out here. The obvious move for the next game would be Haider for Asif, with Danish Aziz to be given a proper chance. Watch management play the same XI since Pak won today.

Haider himself is a massive underachiever, but he's head and shoulders above this serial loser.

No excuses for his selection. HA is better and offers more in the longer term.

Haider Ali routinely picks out one boundary fielder when he's batting in the powerplay. He'll be a sitting duck with the field spread out for him. I can understand why he wasn't picked to bat 5/6.

He gets picked because he can hit some nice shots in low pressure situations. He freezes in the heat of international cricket where you don't get free runs.

I think if I did a test run of 2000 shirts they'd sell out pretty quick.

Nice shots lol.. Babar should be angry hearing that... Gully mohalla bat swing with power to praise it as high, any decent gully mohalla bowler with brains will get him out in 4 balls..

What improvement? All he had to do was play down the ground and rotate the strike and not do leg side slogging but he did exactly what he was expected to do. He is not just brainless but also talentless. Not made for this stage.

Haider Ali routinely picks out one boundary fielder when he's batting in the powerplay. He'll be a sitting duck with the field spread out for him. I can understand why he wasn't picked to bat 5/6.

But any worse than the terrible AA. HA needs to be playing and it's a shame Saud is also missing.

But any worse than the terrible AA. HA needs to be playing and it's a shame Saud is also missing.

Haider Ali only fits into the opener position in ODI's where he can use his lack of a cricketing brain to mindlessly slog. If he plays it should be in place of Fakhar. Anywhere else is not suited to his game yet.

Haider Ali only fits into the opener position in ODI's where he can use his lack of a cricketing brain to mindlessly slog. If he plays it should be in place of Fakhar. Anywhere else is not suited to his game yet.

I disagree, he looked better down the order with less pressure. He has something and has to develop but we don't have many options and he is one of the few options.

Needless shot today against South Africa.

Give yourself some time, get settled in at the crease instead of playing a stupid shot.

Don’t blame him, he is not capable of playing like that. All he knows is to swing and swing hard.

Blame selectors and management who selected him thinking that he will play like Yuvraj Singh , in reality bhuvnesh Kumar is a better batsman than Asif ali.

I disagree, he looked better down the order with less pressure. He has something and has to develop but we don't have many options and he is one of the few options.

Haider plays the same brainless shots Shadab and Asif managed today. I agree he's worth a try in the lower order but only by default. I have no issue with Asif and Danish being above him in the pecking order before today.

Haider plays the same brainless shots Shadab and Asif managed today. I agree he's worth a try in the lower order but only by default. I have no issue with Asif and Danish being above him in the pecking order before today.

He does but he needs to be allowed to make mistakes. I rather put my efforts in someone that has a chance rather than players that have little or no chance

This is where imad wasim is good

Not only can he score at a decent rate but he puts a price on his wkt n likes being knockout there at the end

Its a vital quality at numbers 5-6

You think imad is good enough for 5/6 position?

Nice shots lol.. Babar should be angry hearing that... Gully mohalla bat swing with power to praise it as high, any decent gully mohalla bowler with brains will get him out in 4 balls..

Its definitely misbah who is picking the team and not babar no way would babar allow asif ali to play

Its definitely misbah who is picking the team and not babar no way would babar allow asif ali to play

Babar will get angry meaning that, he is the one who produces elegant looking shots everyday. And when someone says asif ali has some nice shots then obviously Babar will feel grumpy..

Well i know for sure it is Misbah who selects the team... Misbah/Waqar are two massive figures and the most stubborn , egoistic individuals for anyone to over rule their decisions, Babar is just a small potato infront of these two stubborn selfish giants.

Let me remind you that even Afridi as a captain wasnt able to over rule Waqars decisions during those days.. instead afridi shouts them out in media...

Last edited:
Asif Ali is a match winner who must be backed

PSL final

Lol big difference in the pressure and competition. Playing for a franchise vs playing for your country. He has had enough chancea to capitilize but he has failed everytime.

The way he gets out and the shots he plays show hes not good enough...

Well i know for sure it is Misbah who selects the team... Misbah/Waqar are two massive figures and the most stubborn , egoistic individuals for anyone to over rule their decisions, Babar is just a small potato infront of these two stubborn selfish giants.

Let me remind you that even Afridi as a captain wasnt able to over rule Waqars decisions during those days.. instead afridi shouts them out in media...

Thats not good babar should pick the team

Asif Ali must be once in a generation talent in the eyes of management to be given so many chances.

Poor Sherjeel got dropped after just one failure.

Chasing 203 today. Isn't this where Asif is supposed to be useful? Let's pray for a miracle.

Ideally, he shouldn't have been required to bat today, but he's in with 40 odd runs to get. Let's see if he can score a breezy 20 or so.

Stated that too soon, Asif throws it away again. It should really be the end of his international career.

Don't know why they keep selecting him.

Has failed over and over and over again.

Never scored a single run in intl. cricket and continues to get selected.

The worst cricketer I have ever seen. Does anyone know why he keeps getting selected?

The most incompetent player to come out of Pakistan. A terrible terrible batsman. However, given Misbah’s nepotism, I expect Asif to play many more matches.

You are the most pathetic batsman ever to be backed consistently by some lobby and we know who it is. You have improved nothing. Whoever picks you has no brains. Pathetic performance once again.

Not sure who is the worst between Haider and Asif?

Asif, Haider, Khushdil Shah are in the leagues of Awais Zia. Blind leg sided hacks who have zero awareness of the game or talent to be picked for this stage.

Throw him out and lock this thread. Waste of space to talk about him. He has been give far too many chances. Passengers must be dropped to give a fighting chance to our team.

Babar needs to put his foot down and stop being a weak captain. He should go on a hunger strike and tell Misbah and the PCB that he will not eat till they them him in word that Asif would never represent Pakistan again. Enough is enough!

Asif has been given numerous chances and has failed in every game.

Haidar has atleast given the odd innings to give some hope.

It baffles me completely how this guy got this many chances. I don't think even Imran Farhat's parchi was this strong.

Younis Khan:

"I feel that players need to be given ample chances when it comes to a player like Asif Ali who is in and out of the side"

"Every player is not as strong minded as Javed Miandad or Shahid Afridi or Saeed Anwar, so we should give players chances to perform so that they and management dont have any doubts in their minds that they didnt give opportunities"

"Players like Asif Ali, Haider Ali and Danish Aziz should be given opportunities so that we can get the best out of them and also its upto the players that when they are getting so much support then they should give their best and play for their country"

It baffles me completely how this guy got this many chances. I don't think even Imran Farhat's parchi was this strong.

But he was better than this parachi that keeps getting chances because of Misbah who loves to keep backing his buddies instead of performers.

And he is back in the side for the 2nd T20I - now if he does well today - does he get another series?

And he is back in the side for the 2nd T20I - now if he does well today - does he get another series?

Absolutely not!This legend has the same T20 average as Hassan Ali: 17. Imagine a main and full batsman has the same average as our frontline bowler. Horrible!

Asif ali again ... the love Misbah has for this guy is unconditional

Plays every single game without any performance so far.. gets selected in the national side without any proven track record in the domestics.

Misbah should be sacked for continuously pushing his buddy Asif ali for selection.

Oh god what is Misbah doing. He has been an absolute mess. What is this backwards thinking. Why would you not keep Haider and back him? Sometimes all you need is one good innings to get back in the groove but Misbah has gone back to his favourite parchi the ttf asif ali. Shame on Misbah and shame on his niazi pm who put him in this role. Ruining the country and cricket all at once.

Haider is young and talented, he needs the right guidance and support not to be dropped for a parchi 32 year old who’s not played a single match winning innings in internationals. If you gave Haider to the bcci you would see what kind of player he would’ve developed into. Rishab pant was less talented than Haider when he came onto the scene and look where he is now, winning test series in Australia. India persisted with him despite his poor form even after they replaced him with Rahul but look how he came back as a proper player. I can’t believe this level of incompetence from Misbah and the PCB. Shame on them, honestly the worst cricket board and management in the entire world for any sport.

They are doing the same with Asif Ali as they did with Rizwan

Sooner or later, he will score a 35 ball 50 and Misbah will be delivering a press conference in which he will demand to take credit for his trust in Asif

Oh god what is Misbah doing. He has been an absolute mess. What is this backwards thinking. Why would you not keep Haider and back him? Sometimes all you need is one good innings to get back in the groove but Misbah has gone back to his favourite parchi the ttf asif ali. Shame on Misbah and shame on his niazi pm who put him in this role. Ruining the country and cricket all at once.

I don’t see any issue with dropping Haider . His last 8-9 innings I believe he has only passed 25 once . Sometimes it’s best to take a player away from the situation and let them gain their confidence. Haider it seems is mentally struggling at the moment , playing him further at this moment will do him more harm than good.

If Haider was a proven success at this level then maybe he could have been given a few more games , but Haider just needs time away and work on his game .

Some good performances in the PSL and he can be back in the reckoning.

It’s not backward thinking dropping a player who has been struggling for a while now . I understand the concern about Asif being selected again but they can only pick from those who have been selected .

I don’t see any issue with dropping Haider . His last 8-9 innings I believe he has only passed 25 once . Sometimes it’s best to take a player away from the situation and let them gain their confidence. Haider it seems is mentally struggling at the moment , playing him further at this moment will do him more harm than good.

If Haider was a proven success at this level then maybe he could have been given a few more games , but Haider just needs time away and work on his game .

It’s not backward thinking dropping a player who has been struggling for a while now . I understand the concern about Asif being selected again but they can only pick from those who have been selected .

Why didn’t he pick Sharjeel then?

Should send him to open.

I would be sick if he doesnt get a chance to bat this series and is then sent on the plane for the next tour.

They are doing the same with Asif Ali as they did with Rizwan

Sooner or later, he will score a 35 ball 50 and Misbah will be delivering a press conference in which he will demand to take credit for his trust in Asif

So you just compared a perpetual failure with a guy who has been good since almost two years now. Only you could do that..

Misbah’s friend Asif is back to save his place in the team against the mighty zimbabwe. All credit to Misbah for being a great friend!

Has this guy ever not failed in a Pakistan shirt?

There needs to be an investigation over his constant selection when he has failed constantly. How has this guy played so many internationals for Pakistan?

True, Haider is young maybe it is better if he takes some time away and gets his confidence back in the PSL cause he’s got time on his side. It’s backwards in the sense that you should back a youngster who can serve Pakistan in the long run rather than a hack like asif ali. They could’ve easily played Sharjeel even down the order. They also have Sarfraz in the squad. They are both much better options that asif ali. Can’t believe Misbah is controlling everything in the background and yes man Babar is stomping on his own shoes.

Asif Ali isn't good enough for club cricket.he is a total failure and will only perform 1 in 20 matches if your lucky.

If this is the "improved" version of Asif Ali is, then I dread to imagine just how bad the original version was!

Very average today Asif Ali - Should have taken his time to get settled in as doesnt look like a high scoring pitch

Asif Ali with one of those innings which will probably prompt the Pakistan selectors to pick him on the odd chance he replicates this in an international match.

Fair play to the guy he's batted well.

But unfortunately these innings are very rare from him.

He's slogging the slow bowlers and some mediocre local trundlers. When he's playing for Pakistan he's up against world class quicks which is a different story altogether.

A big 6 smashed back over Shaheen's head and that takes Asif to his highest score in PSL (74 and counting)

Back