"I have been the best bowler in Pakistan for some time" : Tabish Khan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
29-year-old Tabish Khan made his first-class debut ten years ago and in that period, has taken 327 wickets at an average of 26 from 77 matches, including 18 five-wicket hauls. He has also taken ten wickets in a match on three occasions.

A right-arm fast-medium bowler, he has spent the majority of his career playing for major teams from Karachi including Karachi region, Karachi Blues and the T20 side Karachi Dolphins. He has also played 31 List A matches and 18 Twenty20 games. Tabish also played for the Pakistan All Star XI against the International World XI in Karachi in 2012 and took an all-bowled hat-trick.

Khan is a versatile seamer who can move the ball both ways but his stock ball is the inswinger, the delivery which gets him the most wickets. He has also represented Pakistan A for tours of Sri Lanka and the West Indies as well as a series against England in Dubai, but has not as yet been selected for the national side.

PakPassion.net
caught up with Khan to discuss his career to date, his suggestions on how domestic cricket can be improved and whether he feels there is a still a chance for him to make it to the national side.

PakPassion.Net: You've been playing domestic cricket for over 10 years now, how has it changed over the years?

Tabish Khan: There have been significant changes in our domestic cricket from the past. I feel that domestic cricket about a decade ago was tougher than what it is today. The main reason is that departmental and regional cricket was not separate. The players representing departments used to play for regions as well. Also most of the Test players played together along with the rest of the domestic players. Playing first-class cricket at that time was not at all easy. After the 2007/08 season, changes took place in our domestic cricket when regional and departmental cricket were separated from each other. I wouldn't say there has been a huge difference overall, but the quality of cricket has declined a little bit over time.

PakPassion.Net: Any regrets about any aspect of your career? Surely, you must be disappointed that even after taking over 300 first class wickets, you are yet to represent Pakistan?

Tabish Khan: There are no regrets whatsoever. Cricket is my passion and I play cricket because I enjoy playing it. Obviously, not playing international cricket hurts especially when one has been playing for ten years! If I had not performed well then I would have accepted my fate. It is therefore very painful to still not be selected for international duties after being the best bowler for two years and also after topping the tables in Pakistan’s premier domestic tournament.

I have been the best bowler in Pakistan for some time and still have not been rewarded with a berth in the team which I find really sad. On the other hand, I have seen players representing Pakistan in all three formats after just getting a few wickets in domestic cricket. Forget about playing in Tests, ODIs and T20Is - at the moment, it seems almost impossible to even get a place in the junior squad!

So yes, there are no regrets but there is disappointment as there should be when I have taken over 300 first-class wickets in 70 matches and have yet to play international cricket! I have performed on almost every pitch, especially in Karachi, where I have played almost 50 first-class matches. In Karachi, pitches are batting friendly and don’t offer much support to the bowlers. If you see my statistics, I have taken 6-7 wickets in matches where teams have scored 400-500 runs in an innings. Bowlers who have performed on supporting tracks have made it to the Pakistan team, whereas those who have done that on batting-supportive tracks have not been given a chance.

PakPassion.Net: All said and done, you are 29 now, do you believe you can still make it to international cricket?

Tabish Khan: Yes, why not? As long as you’re fit and are performing, you can play. We have examples of Zulfiqar Babar, Tanvir Ahmed and Aizaz Cheema in front of us. They are still playing even after being over the age of 30. There are several other players, who are over 30 but are still playing domestic cricket. There are even some batsmen who are about 35 years old and are still playing! Age doesn’t matter but it’s the form and fitness that matters in the end. I believe a mature player is one who is around 32 but here people start making his age an issue whilst in other countries, players make debuts at the age of 29-30! The fact is that only when a player has played ample domestic cricket is he ready to withstand the pressure of international cricket.

PakPassion.Net: How have the changes to the domestic fixtures this season been accepted by the players?

Tabish Khan: The schedules are fairly hectic and it’s not easy to play in every match of the season. You will note that some players are playing either four-day matches or one-day matches and are not performing in all of them. The quality of cricket deteriorates with so many matches arranged in a tight schedule. Also the fatigue factor in the players comes into play.

In the past, the gaps between match days allowed us to represent our department for the entire season with ease but that’s not the case now. The only real advantage I can see with this format is that it encourages quick adaptability in all three formats. On the other hand, it also becomes a little tough for the players as it’s not easy to shift mentally or physically, between T20s, one-day and four-day matches within a short period of time.

PakPassion.Net: Karachi doesn't seem to have many international players at the moment, why do you think that is the case?

Tabish Khan: I don’t agree with that. I believe Karachi is still producing international players, but maybe they are being overlooked. Fawad Alam is performing very well. Khurram Manzoor has been a consistent performer as well and Asad Shafiq always does well whenever he plays in domestic cricket. I am another example! As I have said earlier, I have been performing for the last four years and Mashallah, I am in very fine touch these days too. There are several other players who are doing well but are being ignored. What more can I say?

PakPassion.Net: Do you think T20 cricket is producing technically weak cricketers in Pakistan?

Tabish Khan: No, that’s not the case. T20 cricket is entertainment cricket and it’s fun to watch for the crowds. The entire world plays that format and it should be persisted with. I don’t think it should be held accountable for damaging the techniques of batsmen across the globe. Those who feel that they are not gaining anything from it are not playing it and on the other hand, those who feel that T20 cricket is not doing any harm to them, are playing.

I am of the view that a T20 player can adjust to every format with ease, while a Test player might not find it easy to adjust to the T20 format. Those who adjust remain in the team and play all formats, while those who can’t adjust, don't survive too long!

PakPassion.Net: You've bowled some very quick spells over the years. When do you feel you were at your quickest and how important is speed for a fast bowler?

Tabish Khan: I feel that I was bowling at my fastest around two years ago, but then realised that even if I bowl at 150kph+ and it’s wayward, it’s of no use. Now my focus is not only to bowl fast, but also to bring control into my bowling. I also swing the ball and have been very successful with it. In international cricket, even a bowler bowling at 155kph+ gets hammered if he’s wayward, whereas a bowler like Mohammad Asif, who bowled at about 127kph and had command over the swing, did really well. So I believe pace is not the only thing, it’s the control and swing which you have to work on.

PakPassion.Net: Tell us about the “Tabish Yorker” which became quite famous in the FBT20 tournament earlier this year?

Tabish Khan: It’s a natural delivery for me! Whenever I have the ball in my hand, I try to bowl yorkers. You can say it’s my strike ball. It’s the delivery that gets me wickets and one that I seem to have good control over.

PakPassion.Net: Do you think players from certain departments stand less chance of playing for Pakistan?

Tabish Khan: Yes, that is the case, unfortunately. Departments like PIA, HBL and NBP are given priority when selecting players. If you take the example of my department, SBP, and the newly-promoted PTV, even if players perform, they get overlooked. SNGPL is also in the list of departments from which a lot of cricketers are picked. There is some discrimination in the sense that a player from SBP having similar stats as a player from SNGPL will not be picked and the player from the other department will get the nod. All the departments are playing the same format and the same tournament, so there should be no bias. If there are 12-13 departments, players should be picked from all of them and not from some of them.

PakPassion.Net: What is your impression of the analytical and coaching help which is available for domestic players in Pakistan?

Tabish Khan: Mashallah, the level of coaching has improved a lot over the last few years. Level 1, 2 and 3 coaches have been appointed in regions as well as in departments. Many former Test players have become coaches which is another plus. The benefit of having a video analyst is that we get to see our performances closely. We get feedback after the match and find out where we are lacking and what we need to improve upon. Of course, the coaches also guide you on all aspects of bowling such as where to bowl and from which angle to bowl at the batsman.

PakPassion.Net: How good is the advice given to players about injury prevention in domestic cricket?

Tabish Khan: To prevent injuries, a player has to do physical work himself. Nobody will take care of you, you have to do it yourself. I follow that philosophy as I do a lot of physical work in the off season which aids me throughout the year. Trainers and physios can only guide you. At the end of the day, it’s the players who have to implement the fitness plan given to them. If you take guidance but don’t do it practically, you won’t succeed. I live in Karachi and during the off season I do a lot of running, swimming, and gym work myself. Fatigue is obviously a factor, but you recover when your body is trained to handle this level of effort. So there is no magical formula for fitness, you have to gain and maintain it yourself.

PakPassion.Net: Competition for fast bowling places in domestic cricket seems to be intense. How difficult is it to succeed in such an environment?

Tabish Khan: There are a lot of fast bowlers but there is very little or no competition at all. We don’t have pacers who can bowl at 150kph, so where is the competition? Again, there are good performers in domestic cricket but they are being overlooked. Bowlers who have taken 13-14 wickets are getting picked whereas the ones who are taking 60-70 wickets in a season are not getting selected. I took 77 wickets in two seasons and was not considered at a time when I believe I was at my peak. If you will not give players a chance at their peak then how will you discover talent? If performance is the only criteria for selection as opposed to preferences of individuals then you will see a lot of bowlers come up who are fit and who can also perform.

PakPassion.Net: Any young batsmen who have impressed you this season?

Tabish Khan: No, unfortunately there are no such batsmen who have impressed me. Batsmen who are in form will trouble the bowler, but I have not seen one batsman who has performed consistently in the last four years. Although, it’s definitely easier for the batsmen as they get selected if they score runs, regardless of whether or not they are consistent. There are a few bowlers, though, who have performed consistently and Zulfiqar Babar is one of them. He has proved his credentials over the years and has been a very fine and consistent bowler, and of course has also been rewarded by the selectors.

PakPassion.Net: What can the PCB do to improve domestic cricket in Pakistan?

Tabish Khan: All the domestic matches should be televised as this will improve the standard of our domestic cricket. This is because the players will get confidence while playing in front of the cameras. This may sound strange but there are so many players who are outstanding but they struggle to perform as they cannot take the pressure of playing in matches which are being televised!

If all the matches, whether four-day, one day or T20s are televised, players will get used to playing in front of the cameras and will not find it hard to perform. The PCB is doing its bit, but another factor is the financial one. I have seen incredibly talented players part ways with cricket due to financial reasons. Players are not educated and when they quit cricket, they can't find jobs. What will they do? The PCB should make our players financially strong. India is a huge example in front of us - all their domestic matches are televised, their players play with international players and are full of confidence.

When they play with such cricketers, their thinking broadens and their cricket improves. When money is not a problem, a player has better spending power and is motivated to perform better. Here, our match fee is only Rs. 3,500. Now, you tell how many domestic one-day games are staged in one year? How much will you earn and how will you run your household? The PCB should seriously look into this issue.

151102.jpg

Last edited:
Mind boggling as to how he has been overlooked !

His statistics are nothing special, especially in List A, an average of 32 is abysmal. I'm surprised as to why he thinks he's the best bowler in the country, 327 wickets at an average of 26. Up against Junaid Khan who has 259 wickets at an average of 22 (having played tests as well), Mohammad Amir (120 wickets @ an average of 21.00). Heck, Hammad Azam has 75 wickets at an average of 18.

That is a bold statement to make, at least he has confidence in his abilities.

agreed with that part as SNGPL has become like CSK :msd in terms of picking players for international cricket but disagree with him about best bowler in the country :arafat

Never really seen him bowl, can't say he lacks in confidence!

Pure statistics don't tell you who's the best. Many, many would argue the best domestic English bowler is Graham Onions who has statistics eerily similar to Tabish.

His statistics are nothing special, especially in List A, an average of 32 is abysmal. I'm surprised as to why he thinks he's the best bowler in the country, 327 wickets at an average of 26. Up against Junaid Khan who has 259 wickets at an average of 22 (having played tests as well), Mohammad Amir (120 wickets @ an average of 21.00). Heck, Hammad Azam has 75 wickets at an average of 18.

That is a bold statement to make, at least he has confidence in his abilities.
Are those stats from last 2 years or so because he mentioned in the interview that his last two years have been wonderful. If those are his last 2 years stats then good.

I think he has a point regarding selection of players from some departments.

Seems that SBP isn't one of the favourable departments when it comes to the selection committee.

I have a feeling he will be another Tanvir Ahmed.

Very overconfident. I am this, I am that. There are certainly bowlers who have performed far more consistently than he has.

So far most domestic and ex test cricketers have rubbished Imrans suggestions for revamping our domestic cricket

His approach to the wicket is similar to the great Waqar Younis but he doesnt do alot with the new ball. Stock ball is the in dipper and he is at his best with reverse swinging yorkers.

Not the best bowler probably but I'd put him in the top 4 with Rahat Ali, Ehsan Adil, Sadaf Hussain. I too was disappointed with the latest selections of Talha and Shinwari ahead of them.

The T20 matches should be used to identify and develop talent. The selectors are lazy and don't watch domestic cricket. If these selectors were around when IK captain, we would have never seen the likes of Waqar and Wasim.

I have seen him bowl and hes got a fair bit of pace. A good yorker too. Similar to Aizaz Cheema and Bhatti in a way.

A bit arrogant.
Saw him against the World XI, bowled some good yorkers, and it was a pretty good all-bowled hat trick.

I know pakistan produces great no. Of talented players but this statement I have seen incredibly talented
players part ways with cricket due to
financial reasons and low match fee.i heard azhar mahmood also saying this and i think if it remains so we may lose some talented players who are deserving to represent pak at national and international level.

LOL. Based on what is he the best in pak.
Its all good to have talks but there are at least 5 bowlers better then him.

agreed with that part as SNGPL has become like CSK :msd in terms of picking players for international cricket but disagree with him about best bowler in the country :arafat

Well said. SNGPL lobby going strong due to Misbah and Hafeez. Misbah gave the test cap to Ehsan Adil too early while over looking consistent performers. He made Asad Ali play who was finding hard to get selected. Not saying that he didn't deserved it. But it's Misbah who did him the favour. NBP had the strongest lobby when Iqbal Qasim was the selector.

Majority of the players are not happy with this current domestic set up and we saw very low quality of cricket in this season. Yes, it saves money for the departments but we aren't reaping or growing in terms of developing a player.

Tabish is right about his peak time. He just lacks control. Has a very good in swinging yorker. I don't think he will ever play for Pakistan :(. I wish I'm proved wrong. He is very fit and a humble guy.

Interesting to read his views on domestic batsmen and Zulfiqar Babar. I agree with the point of having First class cricket televised but isn't there always a danger of corruption in any domestic cricket that's televised nationally?

I watched him in the match where an international XI played in Pakistan.

He looked pretty quick, however the opposition wasn't the strongest. His record though is good and to take that many wickets at a decent strike rate on mainly batting tracks over the years is not to be sniffed at.

Saw him international xi v pakistan he bowled pacey and got a few yorkers in the blockhole too should be called up soon

i think a point he makes which is very astute is that stats in a perfect world ought to be weighted by the type of pitch. i think a few years ago before the pcb revamped their website they ran a ratings system for players which weighted averages compared to the total runs scored in a match, so for example 50 runs in a team innings of 300 was weighted less than 50 runs scored in an team total of 100.

a system like that would obviously be subjective and controversial, and would probably need a fair amount of back testing to see if it did pick out better players.

thats a big statement to make .Mohammed Irfan. Junaid,gul, bhatti are all better .

Lots of competitors at the moment for Tabish, particularly with the emergence of Bilawal Bhatti and now Mohamamd Talha.

Dunno what he has to do to get in. His age is keeping him out most likely but this guy is a serious bowler.

Getting lots of outswing.

I remember Mohammad Talha and Shinwari making similar statements but all turned out to be more than substandard.

One thing I have noticed is that whoever has performed consistently in domestics for a while ends up doing good or okay atleast in internationals too. So just cause a bowler doesn't give the international class feel doesn't mean he should not be held back.

For example, both Aizaz Cheema and Tanvir aunty were performing brilliantly in domestics for donkey years but never got the chance until their wrong side of 30's just because they didn't look special. But while both players played for PAK way after their peak and when they were sort of past it, they still managed to somehow conjure up a decent record. One can only imagine if they had played in their 20's

He is one bowler who we've seriously missed out on.

He could have been a very good option for Pakistan.

Actually for me a humble fast bowler is not a good thing, needs mongrel :akhtar

Correct, but only if you have the quality to back it up.

There is nothing worse than an ordinary bowler with attitude. :sree

If he's really good, he'll be elevated for his attitude but if he is not, he will look really bad. Hasn't been picked for any squads yet which is strange.

I have no doubt if Rahat had the attitude of someone like Steyn he would have done considerably better, unfortunately think this is something either you have or you don't.

Tabish and Sadaf both should just retire, they have done all they could do but still get ignored.

I have no doubt if Rahat had the attitude of someone like Steyn he would have done considerably better, unfortunately think this is something either you have or you don't.

Steyn was soft in the start. Waqar needs to put Rahat under some rigorous training and toughen him up.

Even now seems he is getting a 4-fer every game.

I'd take him to AUS as a surprise package. He has pace and swings the ball both ways. Can bowl a yorker almost at will and is extremely fit. Another reason I'd take him is we need some right arm fast bowlers!

Only one concern is he seems to be a confidence bowler, bit like Wahab.

I'd gamble and take him. His pace would be very handy in AUS/NZ.

Even now seems he is getting a 4-fer every game.

I'd take him to AUS as a surprise package. He has pace and swings the ball both ways. Can bowl a yorker almost at will and is extremely fit. Another reason I'd take him is we need some right arm fast bowlers!

Only one concern is he seems to be a confidence bowler, bit like Wahab.

I'd gamble and take him. His pace would be very handy in AUS/NZ.

Does he have a slingy action?

He is just one guy I love seeing bowl.

So exciting watching this guy.

29 years of age. Peak age for a fast bowler. Get him in!

Steyn was soft in the start. Waqar needs to put Rahat under some rigorous training and toughen him up.

I doubt it, Steyn just has that utter and complete disdain for a batsman and don't believe that is something that can be taught.

Sure in the beginning he wasn't entirely confident in his ability so maybe was more concerned about that however his attitude would have not been coached into him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7cuyhT2z9No" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch this

Actually looks pretty decent, two things that he seems to have is decent pace and actual ability to move ball off seam in both directions.

Wow, definitely impressive.

Reminds me of Malcolm Marshall's YT videos. :tyrion

He moves the ball ONE way, and that's in-swing to the right-handers. Anwar Ali comes to mind, and look what happened to him.

Doesn't look fast and looks to be playing rubbish batsmen. Anyone with pace and swing would be easily averaging under 20 after bowling for so long in this crap domestic.

Last edited:
I doubt it, Steyn just has that utter and complete disdain for a batsman and don't believe that is something that can be taught.

Sure in the beginning he wasn't entirely confident in his ability so maybe was more concerned about that however his attitude would have not been coached into him.

Tbh, Steyn's aggression seems like an act to me. Doesn't look genuine. Johnson has real aggression, he wants to blow your head off.

No height and leg falls away on delivery. Can't make out wrist position but with that slingy mess I am sure it is as bad as Wahab's.

No good I'm afraid.

His chance is gone. Especially with Amir coming back and us not playing tests after this series for quite some time.

Swings the ball both ways at 140kph. Banana swing. Waqar-esque. Trust me this guy would be special. We wasted him.

he is doing well right now in srilanka, maybe this will make way for him

Tbh he should be playing the 4 day games only. Look at his list-a record vs first-class

24 avg vs 35 avg

He got annihilated in the 3rd game. Still believe he's a good bowler.

He may not be, but how do you know how many of those runs were edges, how many chances were dropped and how he bowled. The guy worked for his chance and for all I know he may be as much use as a bikini in the artic circle but he needs a few games to show what he can do.

He can be the best..when 2nd is Sohail Khan followed by Anwar ALi...:misbah

Anyone from the domestic who says good things about himself - you can tell that he's actually rubbish.

Mohammad Talha
Tabish
Aizaz Cheema
Asad Ali

There's a reason why selectors don't rate these domestic bullies. Yeah, because they're domestic bullies only and can't do jack with the Kookaburra.

Add to it:
Mir Hamza
Sadaf Hussain (most probably).

Anyone from the domestic who says good things about himself - you can tell that he's actually rubbish.

Mohammad Talha
Tabish
Aizaz Cheema
Asad Ali

There's a reason why selectors don't rate these domestic bullies. Yeah, because they're domestic bullies only and can't do jack with the Kookaburra.

Add to it:
Mir Hamza

The thing is domestic cricket isn't competitive enough. I'm sure there are better players on street than few I've seen playing in the domestic cricket teams. There is nepotism for sure. Unless we get rid of it we can't improve our domestic cricket. Forget about national team. Just focus on improving domestic cricket. Things will get better.

Tbh he should be playing the 4 day games only. Look at his list-a record vs first-class

24 avg vs 35 avg

Thanks for the video clippings; I didn't see that 1st time. Looks promising (condition applied), though he might be too old now. However, yaar BD, are you sure that the batsmen getting cleaned bowled by those incoming balls are not part-time cricketers in the PCB Domestic style & full time axe-man in the "lakri house"?

No offence, but let me tell you what 'll happen if these guy plays in the Mumbai league (forget Ranji Trophy)- Indian club cricketers 'll not allow him to snick through the defense - bowling from about a metre wide of bowling stumps. If you measure the gap between bad pad in your clips, I believe highest one 'll be closer to a golf swing & every Indian No. 11 'll bring bat-pad together, every time they 'll take the ball on pad 3 inches out-side off, playing shot. Unless it's an umpiring howler, bowling from that angle & that wide of crease, Tabis Khan 'll not get a single LBW against proper batsman. Moreover, with that angle, if he drifts just on off stamp, you 'll need 3 fielders behind leg umpire (which 'll be called a No ball). Only way, he can be successful in Internationals (including A tours), if he can maintain 140KM+ average with occasional burst of 150KM, but at 30+ (I am aware of his official DOB) , I don't think that's an option either.

I might be harsh, but trust me, QA Division 2 is not even close to English 3rd division league cricket or university inter-faculty matches, when it comes to batting techniques & innings building (I am not bringing AUS/Mumbai Clubs here).

This A Tour in SRL is absolute waste of effort - half of the players don't deserve to be in the squad & those who are deserving, are not played. Fawad Alam 'll be a Bradman in A tours & PAK domestics - a player who puts utmost value to the wicket & don't get out to "average bowling" (or catching), or when the asking is not daunting & against Captains who can't workout a player (read - barring Malik & few others, every PAK domestic Captains). If he is played at 4 for PAK in ODI, he 'll average 45; at a SR of 65.............

Sorry for my harsh words, but move on; he is inferior version of Asad Ali..............

Mohammad Talha
Tabish
Aizaz Cheema
Asad Ali

Add to it:
Mir Hamza

so bowlers have to be imported then if not picked from domestic

so bowlers have to be imported then if not picked from domestic

I said those who indulge in self-glorification. Also, selectors look at the actual ability along with stats generally, not domestic stats alone.

It's just unfortunate that we don't have anyone in the domestic scene who can make the ball talk. Taj Wali is one prospect, another is Amir. Mir Hamza was hyped but he can do nothing with Kookaburra.

I said those who indulge in self-glorification. Also, selectors look at the actual ability along with stats generally, not domestic stats alone.

It's just unfortunate that we don't have anyone in the domestic scene who can make the ball talk. Taj Wali is one prospect, another is Amir. Mir Hamza was hyped but he can do nothing with Kookaburra.

the ball should be changed to Kookaburra at domestic level, that might help the bowlers on international level

Sadaf has been better than him and far more deserving.

We're making the same mistake after the 2011 world cup when we brought in uncle Aizaz Cheema. Plan for the future or perish.

Sadaf has been better than him and far more deserving.

Selectors and many others who have seen him bowl don't rate him for a reason. Anyway, he has a lot better statistics yes.

nobody has seen him bowl, they are just dreaming , i have seen him bowl many time ask me

His time is past now

But have to sat one thing. Selectors used to give us this image that some of these bowlers despite stats were not really good.

An eg I always take is Aizaz Cheema. He avged in the early 20s in most of his domestic career and mind you most of his career fell when the pitches weren't green thus artificially making the stats seem better than they are. But we were always told that he lacked the so called X factor and wouldn't make it in int'l cricket. However in the short period he played he did manage to make a name for himself and did fairly well considering he debuted way past his peak and when his pace was gone which is super crucial for a batsman. Someone like Tanvir Ahmed did ok for a bit too despite giving his debut several yrs after he had passed his peak though ill admit he wasn't international level.

Point is that the selectors seem to be very clueless and have no eye for talent so at the very least they should reward domestic performers. this is I wanna see sadaf to play despite my feeling that he wont be cut out for top level cricket and wil be found out on unresponsive pitches

Clearly not the most humble either.

Can't really fault his for not being humble. Guy is 29, has only a couple of years left in which he may get a chance to play for his country, at this point he thinks he needs to say something to attract attention.

I saw the youtube video. He seems to get quite a bit of movement. I wonder how fast he is?

Can't really fault his for not being humble. Guy is 29, has only a couple of years left in which he may get a chance to play for his country, at this point he thinks he needs to say something to attract attention.

I saw the youtube video. He seems to get quite a bit of movement. I wonder how fast he is?

130-135 max. He gets movement though

Cutters at 130-135 are not bad. The only concern is age, which is not at his side.

Never heard of him, even greats like Wasim and Waqar were humble. but this guy even before playing a game for Pakistan, he himself is hyping him up :asif

Don't ever believe these self-hype machines - Talha, him etc.

Back