"I want to return to the Pakistan team as a better player" : Sohaib Maqsood

You are out of that system, how can you be so sure that the system is right in PCB? What if the system is actually not right in PCB and Sami has just been honest about this? Do you really believe that the PCB system is right when you see all the recent happenings in PCB?

Again, you are missing the point. Nobody is denying that the system is heavily flawed. But for someone like Sami Aslam (who averages 31 in test cricket) to take absolutely no ownership for his own failures tells me he is a pretty pathetic individual. Here is a guy who had a sustained run as test opener and showed us nothing but mediocrity. He had one good season in QeA Trophy and you're telling me that not getting selected for Pakistan based on that broke his heart to such an extent that he decided to move to US?

Sorry, but I just don't buy that. He's entitled to do whatever he pleases. But he is also a shameless liar and a mediocre cricketer who did not have the guts to take ownership for his failures. And for that, he will never have my respect or the respect of other Pakistani cricket fans.

If there's anyone who has earned the right to talk trash about the system its Fawad Alam. But have you ever heard him say a single bad word about any coach, selector or the system itself?

That right there is the difference between someone like Fawad and someone like Sami.

On one hand, you have someone who was wronged by the system more than anyone in the history of Pakistan cricket. And yet through it all, all he did was work hard, score runs and be a humble and down to earth individual. Despite having his career robbed, he has shown no bitterness and only wants to make the most of the chances that he has.

On the other hand, you have an utterly mediocre and limited cricketer who either believed his hype a little too much or thought that scapegoating others was a good way to whitewash his own failures and give people a credible reason for going to the US. When the reality was that he owed no one an explanation, just like Amir. And yet he still lied through his teeth and took no ownership for his own mediocrity.

That right there is why Fawad Alam is an inspiration, while Sami Aslam is a name that will be discarded to the dustbin of history.

What happened to him? Just wondering how he would have done in WT20 if he was in the XI.

I know he particularly wasn't setting the world on fire but it also isn't right to dump players like that.

Probably one of the worst runners between the wickets I have ever seen.

Turns 2s into 1s, 3s into 2s and always looks up to be involved in a run out.

Probably one of the worst runners between the wickets I have ever seen.

Turns 2s into 1s, 3s into 2s and always looks up to be involved in a run out.

Im not a fan at all hes Lazy, soft and just doesnt have the work ethic, brains or temperament to be successful at the highest level

Pakistan cricket needs a mentality change Theres too many players in domestics like him that think putting in half an effort is good enough

Last edited:
Horrible innings today.

Nearly cost his team.

His blushes spared by Khushdil Shah.

Continues with his poor form so far this year.

Today he was needed more than ever once Riz and Shan got out.

He got 29 off 26.

What could have been!

Happy Birthday to Sohaib.

==

Born: April 15, 1987 (age 36 years), Multan, Pakistan

Back