I was wondering how many can do it ?

FreakCricket

First Class Player
Runs
Im a natural right handed batsman, and I bowl right arm fast. I can bat left handed too, and btw i have played half season left handed (27+ avg in t20). I have a great pick up shot when playing left and feel i can hit bigger. I can bowl left handed spin too ! Im weak when it comes to play defensive stroke.
what do you guys think should i work on my left hand? I play exceptionally well switch hit and i feel like i can generate more power when playing left handed !

Be a master in one rather than jack of all trades.

Decide which hand you bow better and likewise for your batting.

You have a special talent that you are able to do these sort of things however decide which you are better at and than occasionally switch to other side when opposition pack a certain side of field.

i used to bat both by left hand and by right hand
i used to bowl right arm fast by both hands
i used to bowl offspin and sla
i used to bowl leg spin
i used to keep wickets as i loved to do so
i used to be a very good fielder
i was captain of my team :D

i used to bat both by left hand and by right hand
i used to bowl right arm fast by both hands
i used to bowl offspin and sla
i used to bowl leg spin
i used to keep wickets as i loved to do so
i used to be a very good fielder
i was captain of my team :D

DARN You lol. i bat right and for some reason my left wrist bends and its the handle top. Soo annoying .

DARN You lol. i bat right and for some reason my left wrist bends and its the handle top. Soo annoying .

get one of your mates to give you throwdowns (full tosses) and you just bat with your left hand on the handle. keep driving and do that for a 1000 balls at least.

then see the difference on ball number 1001 at normal bowling speed :)

Cricket is all about practicing :)

when driving with your left hand, check trigger movement that your left foot isnt crossing over right foot before even the poor chap throws and always check balance (best way to check is after executing the shot, see how long can you stay in that position and where you falling towards too - if forward straightm then thats fine, if towards cover then u need to work on your balance).

Shikhar Dhawan bats in the nets only till he gets his balance right - today's cricket isnt about footwork, its all about balance

Naturally a RHB but my straight drives are more controlled with the left. So are flicks through midwicket.

Can bowl LH leggies and offies but don't have any variety. Can bowl left hand Mitch Johnson styles also.

I would just alternate every ball. As a bowler that would be super frustrating ha.

Back