ICC Under-19 World Cup Final | West Indies beat India by 5 wickets

SunTzu

Tape Ball Star
Runs
ICC Under-19 World Cup Final
India vs West Indies

India Under-19s Team
KK Ahmed, Anmolpreet Singh, Armaan Jaffer, Avesh Khan, RR Batham, RK Bhui, MJ Dagar, Ishan Kishan*, SN Khan, AN Khare, MK Lomror, SC Mavi, RR Pant†, Washington Sundar, Zeeshan Ansari

West Indies Under-19s Team
KU Carty, SP Crooks, MO Frew, JU Goolie, SO Hetmyer*, CK Holder, TA Imlach†, RD John, AS Joseph, KA Kallicharan, KMA Paul, GD Pope, OF Smith, SK Springer, EWJ Stewart

Will be huge if West Indies win.

What are the conditions/pitch like?

That will tell us how much of a role WI gun pacers will play vs Sarfaraz and co.

Indian pacers haven't been bad in this tournament from what I've heard either.

Gah.. it kinda irks me that India is finding fast bowling talent at u19 level while we have grand trundlers being brought up...

Not one good bright up and coming pacer in PSL do far :facepalm:

Will be huge if West Indies win.

What are the conditions/pitch like?

That will tell us how much of a role WI gun pacers will play vs Sarfaraz and co.

Indian pacers haven't been bad in this tournament from what I've heard either.

Gah.. it kinda irks me that India is finding fast bowling talent at u19 level while we have grand trundlers being brought up...

Not one good bright up and coming pacer in PSL do far :facepalm:

How many young pacers that haven't been seen previously have played?

They both have good pacers, an explosive batsman as an opener and a solid middle order. Should be a good contest, but slightly in favor of India

WI bowl first on a green mamba ramba.

Really want to see them win it will be good for cricket as well as personal agendas. :afridi

Its not Ind vs WI today. Its Ind vs Pak+Ban+WI

:))) will be fun if ind wins

Really want to see them win it will be good for cricket as well as personal agendas. :afridi

Don't worry, the prayers if 200 million Pakistanis are with WI . Clear favourites here :amla

Well nothing will change even if u wont par kisi match mei to apne bhaiyon ko cheer kar lia karo...

No hopes on Ishan Kishan, who's been awful for all the hype he got in the press before the tournament.

Joseph is bamboozling Indian colts with his pace and bounce

Anmolpreet too gone cheaply

Need a player who could play cross-batted/Horizontal shots for this type of wicket.

Has India got one?

Will be amazing if West indies win this.... hell it's amazing that they made it to the final. Compare their resources to India (Population, money, infrastructure ) ... and the fact that cricket is pretty much dead in the Carribean.

Will be amazing if West indies win this.... hell it's amazing that they made it to the final. Compare their resources to India (Population, money, infrastructure ) ... and the fact that cricket is pretty much dead in the Carribean.

Cricket is far from dead in the Caribbean.

I would love to see a WI team winning the world cup again, would be good for cricket.

Where can I watch live streams? I stumbled upon one link but it says blocked by court( all online movie channels are banned in many ISPs of India since January16) can anyone help

Well nothing will change even if u wont par kisi match mei to apne bhaiyon ko cheer kar lia karo...

aww yaar aisi bhi baat nahi hai, I backed you guys to chase down the 350 score in Aus.

Also why the hell is India management sending Sarfaraz Khan so late :facepalm:

Hiding him at 5, let him get in and get set asap and then carry the innings.

Joseph's gonna become a scary bowler.

Yeap, I saw him bowl, he touch 145 and created some awkward bounce, I hope WI win the final it would be great to see them get back to their glory days.. Hopefully the IPL, BBL incentive etc for these young WI kids will make them stay with cricket rather than concentrate on American sports..

Yeap, I saw him bowl, he touch 145 and created some awkward bounce, I hope WI win the final it would be great to see them get back to their glory days.. Hopefully the IPL, BBL incentive etc for these young WI kids will make them stay with cricket rather than concentrate on American sports..

They still love their cricket, just don't see it as a career option anymore due to the same reasons Pakistan has. But I think CPL will change that, it already has to some extent.

Joseph should come around the wicket and target the body mixed with outside off stump bowling. Get a short leg and short fine leg in. Over the wicket angle is easier to avoid.

Has to be said, winning the U19 world cup doesn't really mean anything when it comes to International cricket. Take a look at some of the teams that won the U19 world cups previously, specially the Pakistan and England under 19 world cup win.

Why compare just India they defeated Bangladesh ,Pakistan all with greater resources than Windies right now and more interest in the sport as well.

They still love their cricket, just don't see it as a career option anymore due to the same reasons Pakistan has. But I think CPL will change that, it already has to some extent.

CPL? do you mean PSL ? even Holder look a great prospect as well, getting a lot of bounce already, line and lengths a bit wayward though..

Has to be said, winning the U19 world cup doesn't really mean anything when it comes to International cricket. Take a look at some of the teams that won the U19 world cups previously, specially the Pakistan and England under 19 world cup win.

But it give you raw talent which u need to groom. Like Virat, Smith etc

win doesnt matter much but tournament is not faltu

Can't believe Dravid send a 16 yr old to face off the pacers instead of the best bat of the Indian team.The bounce he is getting i don't see him lasting.

Wow amazing bounce from Holder, he has a similar bowling action to Joel Garner it seems..

That was given out i hope he gives our spinners out as well shabby decision.

Indians would do well to get to 190, this seems just like the 80's when WI bowlers used to bully Indian batsmen..

Idiot tactics. Sending Sarfaraz after 3 wickets down, wth is Ishan Kishan thinking? Only making Indian fans pareshan and nothing else.

Pepe will be looking forward to opening and smashing some..

Even though this team has reached the finals they look like one of the least talented bunch of batters i have seen @ U19 for a while

Sarfaraz in batting and the two fast bowlers are good, rest all are pretty mediocre bunch. Surprising that they reached finals undefeated :facepalm:

Why compare just India they defeated Bangladesh ,Pakistan all with greater resources than Windies right now and more interest in the sport as well.

India has far more resources than Bangladesh Pakistan Sri lanka all put together. Just a fact. Much bigger Population plus a bigger economy, and their cricket administration is far better. Just shows that Windies have done well to make it thus far.

But it give you raw talent which u need to groom. Like Virat, Smith etc

win doesnt matter much but tournament is not faltu

Kohli , Smith, Swann are the rarities. Only a handful of players in the history of the whole tournament have proven to be quality international cricketers, regardless it's a good learning experience I guess.

These 2 now needs to bat till 30 ovs and add 100 runs. Lomror and jaffer can come then to hit in last 10

The Bengali guy ruins the commentary.

Bengalis, Lankans are usually the worst Asian commentators. Harsh Bhogle and Arun Lal are 2 I can't stand either.

Many hate him, but IMO Ramiz is the best Asian commentator. For U19 level, I'd choose Bazid.

India has far more resources than Bangladesh Pakistan Sri lanka all put together. Just a fact. Much bigger Population plus a bigger economy, and their cricket administration is far better. Just shows that Windies have done well to make it thus far.

So, by your logic China should be no 1 in soccer because they have the crowd, interest, infra and economy but they rarely qualify for WC

Bengalis, Lankans are usually the worst Asian commentators. Harsh Bhogle and Arun Lal are 2 I can't stand either.

Many hate him, but IMO Ramiz is the best Asian commentator. For U19 level, I'd choose Bazid.

Ramiz is my favorite as well, favorite quote: 'That is a magnificent blow'

Harsha is the most sensible commentator imo

Bishop telling he wasn't quick in younger age.Bishop taking potshots at Athar :)))

Ramiz is my favorite as well, favorite quote: 'That is a magnificent blow'

Has some classic one-liners. From subcontinent I like him and Gavaskar, both have their unique one liners like that bakery one lmao.

Harsha is the most sensible commentator imo

I don't like him. Tries too hard to look cool in front of the other commies :sanga

Harsh Bhogle and Arun Lal are 2 I can't stand either.

Agree on Rambo (Yes, I like listening to Rambo over Harsha) but Bazid's commentary is very monotonous. To me, it sounds like of a person who is always in a hurry (too many long sentences without giving gaps for words).

Out of all the games this should be the ONLY game even Indian fans shouldnt be hoping for an Indian WIN. WI really needs this win for the whole of cricket imo..

Nah, that sounds like a lame fallback excuse for you guys not doing well. I want India to win because I find these WI bunch very, very unprofessional; There's controlled aggression and then there's bordering along the lines of hooliganism.

Back