ICC World Cup 2023: Australia (399/8) smash Netherlands (90) to win Match 24 by 309 runs

Australia simply have no way to balance the side without Marnus. Been going on about it.

He's the most crucial member of this lineup at #4.

If Travis Head comes in , they can sacrifice Smith , Marsh , Maxwell or even Cummins and play extra batter but they shouldn't sacrifice their #4.

Great.. Now Maxwell is back in form. Watch out world.. Here come the Aussies to steam roll teams till the finals.

Aussies I’m sure haven’t faced something like this before in this WC - fielding by the Dutch semi pros. Putting shame on our boys who are paid several times more to do same job professionally.

Aussies I’m sure haven’t faced something like this before in this WC - fielding by the Dutch semi pros. Putting shame on our boys who are paid several times more to do same job professionally.

They make Pakistan look like a toddler team who have blindfolds on

All Australian team needed was pakistani bowlers... They brought Australia to form...
Any hope of Pakistan's qualification is finished.

Still 39 balls for 95….. I’m wondering what was like 100 of 37 …. 25 years back!!!

So delusional pak fans do we still deserve to go to semis with all that miracle? Lol Australia will take 4th place and just wait for the semis now top 4 already decided

Australia finding form at the right time. Never write aussies off. Yes it’s only the dutch. But this will give them more confidence going into bigger games. I wouldn’t be surprised they made final.

India will be murdered by Australia in semi final in Wankhede Stadium.

C'mmon Pakistan pls qualify...so badly I want India to face Pakistan in Eden Gardens rather.

Can Netherlands chase 400 to help Pakistan? 😐
Will Kudrat Ka Nizam work in today's match??
😐😐

This is called big hitting
Even our designated big hitter, Chacha, can only dream of doing this (he's still out biggest hotter but can't remember last time he crossed 50 against a major team)

Australian are hitting six against Netherlands but breaking heart's of Pakistani fans :misbah

This is how you treat minnows Pakistan. not nudge and nurdle to 287. The worst part is Anwar/Afridi/Inzi in the 1990s would have scored 350 against such bowlers.
Babar Azam said that Pakistan will be happy to score 280-290👍🏻
They achieved what they wanted 👍🏻
Low Standards

Can Netherlands chase 400 to help Pakistan? 😐
Will Kudrat Ka Nizam work in today's match??
😐😐
Even if Dutch some how managed that, PAK isn’t winning all four remaining games.

In fact, if NED indeed wins today, they will be in better position than PAK to qualify!!!!!

Even our designated big hitter, Chacha, can only dream of doing this (he's still out biggest hotter but can't remember last time he crossed 50 against a major team)
Chacha is the best Pakistan has. He can produce cameos. That's it. But Australia has Marsh who can do the same. Warner who can do the same. It is only Smith and Labu that can't do this.

Once head is back this side will be a ridiculously scary side.
I feel like they will win it. I am getting 1999 vibes from this squad with India or SA at the receiving end in the finals.
We all know what will happen if it is Aus vs NZ final. Aus will steam roll them as usual.

lol I know. Wankhede / Maxwell match made in heaven.

Only drawback is - what if we lose to Pakistan? That will lead to total meltdown.

But if we remove that aspect, it is no brainer that India would love to face Pakistan in Calcutta low and slow surface than Aussies in Wankhede stadium.

It's more problem for India ..india has to face this Australia..who came in form right time. The confidance will give Australia they can beat any team on given day.

I had Warner, Smith, Maxi, Van Bik, TdL in my fantasy team today with maxi captain - just found that I didn’t save the modifications 😝

This result has no bearing on Pakistan. PAK just need to win their matches and it will work out for them .

4 wins and 12 points.

PSK may still lose out on NRR but PSK cannot afford to worry about that. Just look to win and hope for the best .

Nairobi.. look at score card lol 371 in those days. Monster batting
I saw it the next day in the papers. I think that was in kenya or Zimbabwe and was telecast late. couldnt believe the scorecard
I saw it the next day in the papers. I think that was in kenya or Zimbabwe and was telecast late. couldnt believe the scorecard

Last edited by a moderator:
This result has no bearing on Pakistan. PAK just need to win their matches and it will work out for them .

4 wins and 12 points.

PSK may still lose out on NRR but PSK cannot afford to worry about that. Just look to win and hope for the best .
So AUSTRALIA and all other teams making sure that their nrr is superior but the result will have no bearing on Pakistan??

So AUSTRALIA and all other teams making sure that their nrr is superior but the result will have no bearing on Pakistan??
Let's just focus on winning the rest of the games.

Let's just focus on winning the rest of the games.
Don’t think just winning will be enough

You need to bat hard. Especially knowing your bowling is on par with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Netherlands

4 wins and 12 points.

PAK got tough games coming up. SA, Eng and NZ. Gonna be tough for them if they lose two of them, they’ll be out.

lol I know. Wankhede / Maxwell match made in heaven.
I don't see Maxwell surviving vs bumrah siraj and shami. But yea wankhede is the best chance for aus to beat India. Any other stadium would be tough for Aussies to win at.

PAK got tough games coming up. SA, Eng and NZ. Gonna be tough for them if they lose two of them, they’ll be out.
Good thing is nz are our bunnies. England lose to us often in icc events.

SA is a question mark. They are in the form of their life. Will be a life and death game

Don’t think just winning will be enough

You need to bat hard. Especially knowing your bowling is on par with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Netherlands
But Pak batting is better than all three you mentioned above. Beat SA and you’re good to go.

SA is a question mark. They are in the form of their life. Will be a life and death game

Arrey bhai bunny walla time khatam. We are the weakest team in the competition. Just watch.

Pakistan don't have the firepower to win NRR game while competing against teams like OZ and RSA.

All you can hope for is one of NZ/SA/OZ to keep losing and not make 12 points , allowing PAK to qualify.

That's the only chance for PAK.

Pakistan don't have the firepower to win NRR game while competing against teams like OZ and RSA.

All you can hope for is one of NZ/SA/OZ to keep losing and not make 12 points , allowing PAK to qualify.

Pakistan has to beat a lot of good sides.

But Pak batting is better than all three you mentioned above. Beat SA and you’re good to go.
Ok, you need to score 350+ and win each game by 50-100 runs

Let’s see if Pakistan can do it

Pak not qualifying - you can forget that concept.

Yes. So they should focus on winning those games instead of worrying about NRR.

Even if they lose 1, they are mostly out.

SA are formidable side but they are beatable by making them bat 2nd. Pak bat first get 290 plus then SA will choke chasing it.

Also, SA have had their one massive howler In this tournament.

Besides that, they are making sure that their nrr gets them across the line in 4th position. Australia are doing the same

India to finish 1st, SA 2nd, Aus 3rd, NZ 4th

Now it looks like Ind v NZ, SA v Aus
Final Ind v Aus

Aus are woken up they've become a beast and they only have one person to thank Usama Mir, give him a BBL contr. Please

This is a possible scenario if (a big if) Pakistan win all 4…

Australia: 6 wins (they might lose one to NZ or England)

South Africa: 6 wins (they might lose one to Pakistan or NZ)

New Zealand: 6 wins (they might lose two out of 3 to NZ, SA and Pakistan

England: 6 wins (they may win all of their matches from here on)

There are 3 teams that will challange for the 3rd and 4th spots

Pakistan cannot take nrr for granted

SA are formidable side but they are beatable by making them bat 2nd. Pak bat first get 290 plus then SA will choke chasing it.
Were you in hibernation you have not followed the world cup, SA bowlers will cause mayhem to Pakistan regardless they bowl first or second.

This is a possible scenario if (a big if) Pakistan win all 4…

Australia: 6 wins (they might lose one to NZ or England)

South Africa: 6 wins (they might lose one to Pakistan or NZ)

New Zealand: 6 wins (they might lose two out of 3 to NZ, SA and Pakistan

England: 6 wins (they may win all of their matches from here on)

There are 3 teams that will challange for the 3rd and 4th spots

Pakistan cannot take nrr for granted
Rana sb enough with fantasies Pakistan cannot win all games when was the last tune they win 4 in a row in any tournament

PAK should win all matches and hope that one of the following happens

1. NZ and India also beat SA
2. OZ and SA also beat NZ
3. OZ lose to both NZ and ENG
4. India lose all upcoming matches

That's the only way to qualify. You don't qualify on NRR ahead of those teams. That is highly unlikely

The Netherlands have been set 400 for victory courtesy of a David Warner masterclass and a Glenn Maxwell demolition.

Screenshot_20231025_175540_X.jpg

I don't think Pakistan will go with that mindset. THey just lost to their bunnies Afghanistan convincingly.

Rana sb enough with fantasies Pakistan cannot win all games when was the last tune they win 4 in a row in any tournament
I’m giving honest scenarios bro.

People think it’s way too simplistic with Pakistan just having to win all their games from now.

Yes that’s a good start but you cannot continue to neglect modern cricket requirements

Were you in hibernation you have not followed the world cup, SA bowlers will cause mayhem to Pakistan regardless they bowl first or second.
Have some hope. SA are known to choke chasing. SA bowling is good early on with the new ball but these pitches are flat. get through the early spells and you’ll be fine. Got to bat first though.

Have some hope. SA are known to choke chasing. SA bowling is good early on with the new ball but these pitches are flat. get through the early spells and you’ll be fine. Got to bat first though.
We failed to score at brisk pace against AFG, we stuttered against Ned, no chance

Back