ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan (286 all out) easily beat Netherlands (205 all out) by 81 runs in Hyderabad

NL throwing it away, showing their inexperience. This is the partnership that will decide the game imo. edwards is a very sensible player and de Leede has the brawn. We get one of them early this chase will fizzle with their lower order hitters having too much to do.

First proper wicket from Pakistan tonight. Just beat him with sheer pace

Rameez Raza while praising Netherlands batter "it is not easy to face Pakistan pacers as Pakistan pace attack has class has variety" . Is it such so? Without Naseem this Pakistani attack doesn't seem threatening to me. Apart from Shaheen , who is still not at his best post injury is there any scary thing in this bowling line up? Whatever is the result of this match I think that Pakistani batsmen has to put up a big total in every match in order to be able to defend it.

Against big teams if Shaheen can't provide early breakthroughs, they all will get thrashed miserably all 50 overs.

SCott Edwards was the big fish. Great stuff from Rauf.

Good captaincy from Babar. Brought Rauf back in at the right time rather than blindly sticking with spin.

Pakistan’s game to lose now. should wrap this up around 200-220 to help the run rate.

This is why I said shaheen is the weakest of out trio multiple times.

Naseem is line and length and economical. Rauf is expensive but always always picks up wickets somehow, he even picked up Smith in the warmups.

Shaheen, with the exception of that inswinger which he can't consistently bowl and bowls rarely, he gets tonked.

Like I said, it's fashionable to criticize Babar's captaincy but he's not at fault for today. He's made the right decisions so far. Bowlers and fielders need to back up Babar as well.

pakistan-cricket-fan-pakistan-fan.gif

Rameez Raza while praising Netherlands batter "it is not easy to face Pakistan pacers as Pakistan pace attack has class has variety" . Is it such so? Without Naseem this Pakistani attack doesn't seem threatening to me. Apart from Shaheen , who is still not at his best post injury is there any scary thing in this bowling line up? Whatever is the result of this match I think that Pakistani batsmen has to put up a big total in every match in order to be able to defend it.
Because as per Rameez pakistani bowlers have pace, as if no other teams have pace bowlers who bowls that fast:LOL:

Uncle can't bat can't field.... just here to collect his pension

That is a ridiculous dropped catch by Ifti. It's a regulation catch and there is zero excuses for dropping that. A new batsmen is in and you know a new batsmen might nick it there and it was such a simple easy catch. Netherlands would have been down & out at that point.

Still, heck of an over by Rauf and it's changed the game in one over. Should be curtains if they can get Leede out.

Netherlands did have an 85 run partnerhsip from 36/9 against Karnataka.

I just hope Pakistan doesnt remove its foot from the gas.

They can bat to 11.

All jokes aside why have an OAP in the slips? Not the first time he’s dropped a catch there

From today's match one thing is for sure fakher should be dropped forever now. And one of Nawaz/shadab have to make way for Usama mir

It's amazing how if the father was an average cricketer, the son turns out to be a brilliant one. And if the father was a great one, the son is always a dud cricketers.

Chris Broad / Stuart Broad
Rod Latham / Tom Latham
Tim de Leede / Bas de Leede
Sachin Tendulkar / Arjun Tendulkar
Yojraj Singh / Yuvraj Singh

It's amazing how if the father was an average cricketer, the son turns out to be a brilliant one. And if the father was a great one, the son is always a dud cricketers.

Rod Latham / Tom Latham
Add Sunil gavaskar/ Rohan gavaskar

Rod Latham / Tom Latham

As they say

Tough times create strong men,
strong men create easy times,
easy times create weak men,
weak mean create tough times.

Same with cricketers and their kin!

Brilliant glove work from Rizwan but de Leede makes it back in time

Hard to believe this Leede is somehow playing like he is Stokes against us. Bunch of wickets and scoring runs easily at a high SR.

Shaheen returns...needs to take a wicket to boost his own confidence

If this was a 20 20 netherlands need 140 odd from 20.

Very close, but he just had a little something behind the line

1696603850723.png

Back