ICC WT20 | Group A | India v England at Colombo (RPS), Sep 23, 2012

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
England won the toss and elected to field

England team
C Kieswetter†, AD Hales, LJ Wright, EJG Morgan, JC Buttler, JM Bairstow, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad*, GP Swann, ST Finn, JW Dernbach

India team
G Gambhir, V Kohli, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh, RG Sharma, MS Dhoni*†, IK Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, PP Chawla, AB Dinda, L Balaji

Several changes by the Indians.

Lol, India making a mockery of this. Leaving out Zak, Ashwin, Sehwag and Tiwary. Now opening with Irfan Pathan

Dhoni want to stick with thought of playing with 4 bowlers that's the reason irfan has been sent to open the innings cause he is playing as batsman.

Once again MSD proves that his love for Bhajji and Chawla is more than the effectiveness and efficiency that hardworking Ashwin brings into the team. Some really pathetic team selection for this game. :facepalm:

Once again MSD proves that his love for Bhajji and Chawla is more than the effectiveness and efficiency that hardworking Ashwin brings into the team. Some really pathetic team selection for this game. :facepalm:

Ashwin is gauranteed to play each game in the next round. This is a dead rubber, MSD just wants to see who to pick out of Bhajji and Chawla in the next round to partner Ashwin, not a bad move, IMO

Last edited:
Interesting selection by Dhoni. Because this is not a must-win match, he has left out Ashwin, Zak and Sehwag to test out the bench strength. Whoever out of Harbhajan, Chawla, Balaji and Dinda performs well tonight will most likely play in the subsequent matches.

Irfan living dangerously so far with too many balls hitting his pads. kohli would have been a better option to try at opening slot.

He is just testing bhajji and chawla....

@Indiafan - Got ur point :)

Still i think Manoj tiwary should have been given a chance instead of Chawla.

every team is struggling first 4 overs with RR below 6..we are going at 10

supreme batting talents

Kohli is an elegant player... and gambhir looks equally ugly these days

I must admit I haven't found myself enjoying anybody as kohli is doing since Sachin in 1998 Sharjah and Lara at his prime...

I really want us to batter England this match... everything arrogant about them... players, commentators!!

Back