ICL | Lahore Badshahs v Chennai | Ahmedabad | 9/11/08

GOOD HITTING BY YOUSUF :p
oh and he's dropped next ball
153/3 in 16 ovrs, yousuf on 16 off 19

dblock said:
That Imran Nazir one was nonsense - how can you appeal against a run-out which has been adjudicated by the third umpire.
it was utter nonsense of imran nazir but same goes when yousuf was given not out by 3rd umpire even then harvey n hayward were discussing about the decision he was ready to listen and indeed he was listening it

Oh my goodness, what batting from Imran Nazir!!! What an infant ox.

Please undo the bans and include him in our test and ODI teams immediately

Good entertaining innings - but ICL commentary really does leave a lot to be desired, Tony Greig with his 'Ian Harvey would make any twenty20 side in the world' type comments just strip it of credibility.

dblock said:
Good entertaining innings - but ICL commentary really does leave a lot to be desired, Tony Greig with his 'Ian Harvey would make any twenty20 side in the world' type comments just strip it of credibility.

You're lucky dblock. I'm getting so annoyed here with this urdu commentary. annoying, loud, and they can't shut up for a second :(
and i don't understand anything

btw, another FOUR by yousuf
176/3

MoYo with 2 fours. If Chennai makes the score in 11 overs then Lahore is out otherwise they make semis

ANOTHER FOUR by yousuf!!!
180/3!
FINALLY HIS STRIKE RATE IS ABOVE 100 :)))

12thMan said:
MoYo with 2 fours. If Chennai makes the score in 11 overs then Lahore is out otherwise they make semis

Lahore should be OK then... i don't think anyone will make 200+ in 66 balls :D

Inzi hits another FOUR

the Hindi commentary is better than the English one. more fun there

and another FOUR by yousuf!! CLASSIC SHOT :D
189/3

haven't seen any slog shots though. no sixes from moyo :(

200 up in 19.1 overs. i was so wrong in the beginning, yousuf was so right when he said 200 would be a good target. :(

natalia said:
and another FOUR by yousuf!! CLASSIC SHOT :D
189/3

haven't seen any slog shots though. no sixes from moyo :(

your wish is been granted ;)

bowlers ki pittai zaroor hui lekin aik bhi noball ya wide ball nahi ki :) - Zee Sports

good delivery.
205/3 in 19.4
2 balls left, damn... yousuf couldn't get his half-century. who cares, well played

yorker, and inzi cleaned up
205/4
good bowling in the final over, gets it in the blockhole

last ball coming, sadly the person coming out only gets to face one ball :))

mahmood in.
last ball...

HUGE SIX!!!!

Lahore end on 211/4.
Excellent batting :)

They are surely through to the semis even if they lose, they won't make it if only Chennai reach the target within 11 overs, which is next to impossible

natalia said:
yorker, and inzi cleaned up
205/4
good bowling in the final over, gets it in the blockhole

last ball coming, sadly the person coming out only gets to face one ball :))

and he still enjoyed it to T

Best Batting performance by the Badshah's in this season so far.

What a marvelous display of batting.

I watched all twenty overs and it really was just phenomenal - every single batsman timed the ball rather exquisitely. Some swung so hard that their helmets fell out of position (i.e human boar Imran) while others hit silky cover drives, and majestic straight sixes. It was like a batting carnival; six entertainers who batted as good as they possibly can. Mesmerizing; uplifting even.

I was pleasantly surprised the way Yousaf picked his strike rate up and the manner in which he did it, playing just cricketing strokes was breath taking. Rana was getting too predictable, giving himself room backing away from the stumps, i wasnt surprised to see him bowled in that manner. Farhat was just too damn lucky today. Nazir was breath taking again, boy the guy is something special when he hits it, a proper batsman with the brain of Afridi.

Easa said:
What a marvelous display of batting.

I watched all twenty overs and it really was just phenomenal - every single batsman timed the ball rather exquisitely. Some swung so hard that their helmets fell out of position (i.e human boar Imran) while others hit silky cover drives, and majestic straight sixes. It was like a batting carnival; six entertainers who batted as good as they possibly can. Mesmerizing; uplifting even.
:))) :))) brilliant account Eas

Savak said:
I was pleasantly surprised the way Yousaf picked his strike rate up and the manner in which he did it, playing just cricketing strokes was breath taking. Rana was getting too predictable, giving himself room backing away from the stumps, i wasnt surprised to see him bowled in that manner. Farhat was just too damn lucky today. Nazir was breath taking again, boy the guy is something special when he hits it, a proper batsman with the brain of Afridi.
Isn't he just? I hope he finds his way back into our team

Since when did Dean Jones become 'Bolly-junk' correspondant for ICL....

Or is it all about Bolly-Junk and the cricket is a minor inconvenience?

^ If Yousuf gets his way back to the national team, Nazir should come back too. In fact Nazir should come back instead of Yousuf. Yousuf betrayed PCB and just went without notice. Nazir is more valuable to the team too... Butt and Nazir - great opening combination.

Btw I never realized what a clean striker of the ball Rana Naved is.

That one six over long on had moon-dust on it by the time it came back. It went miles back, and all with the minimal of effort. Fantastic hitter.

I always said that Moyo is a very good T20 player.
Never doubt his ability to score quick runs.
Though youngesters deserve a chance to gain international experience by playing T20.

buntylover_2000 said:
I always said that Moyo is a very good T20 player.
Never doubt his ability to score quick runs.
Though youngesters deserve a chance to gain international experience by playing T20.

Same.

His Test Status is leagues above everybody else, and in ODI's he has made big runs quick.

I guess the naive young fans think it's about mindless slogging and getting out for 12 of 6 balls etc.

natalia said:
^ If Yousuf gets his way back to the national team, Nazir should come back too. In fact Nazir should come back instead of Yousuf. Yousuf betrayed PCB and just went without notice. Nazir is more valuable to the team too... Butt and Nazir - great opening combination.

He went due to disputes with the PCB. It may be news for us, but i doubt it was much of a surprise for the PCB

Oxy said:
Who were the run getters for Badshahs?
Everyone.

Inzamam came out with a vengeance especially; he tried to hoick his very first ball over midwicket for a twelve! And some of his straight boundaries were so cleanly hit, it was actually scary for the bowlers/umpire. Nantie Hayward, formerly a 150kph speed demon, was smashed out of sight.

Fantastic SRs, especially Azhar

Poor bowling from Lahore. Too many wides, and just now Naved bowled a wide, went for four.

Back