Imad Wasim's (30*) late blitz propels Islamabad United (232/7) to the play-offs of PSL 9 with a thrilling 3-wicket victory over Multan Sultans (228/4)

Rizwan: 20 off 17 runs - during the powerplay, batting first on an easy wicket
Imad: 30 off 13 balls - nerves of steel to win his side the game against all odds

Just saying.

The only person to blame for Multan is Rizwan who played at a SR of 100 on a pitch that was a belter.

That cost themt this match.

This must explain why the RizBar crowd have gone into hiding.

I've noticed you spend every single day, during PSL tournaments, posting hateful stuff about Imad. But today, he's left you with egg on your face. Take it with grace and humble yourself.
What have I said which is wrong? You waited a month for Imad to perform so you could come out from hiding.

Imad is a rubbish player and I will remind everyone of that. Even rubbish players have their days enjoy it before you go into hiding again.

It is flabbergasting that people are defending Rizwan to open even if it costs Pakistan countless matches.

Having favorites is one thing.

But knowing someone is a jack of hearts and will never be ace or king and still insisting he is a king of hearts or ace of hearts and should keep opening is just chauvinism of highest degree.

It is flabbergasting that people are defending Rizwan to open even if it costs Pakistan countless matches.

Having favorites is one thing.

But knowing someone is a jack of hearts and will never be ace or king and still insisting he is a king of hearts or ace of hearts and should keep opening is just chauvinism of highest degree.
You should have listened to what Misbah had to say about his 20 off 17 today.

He defended Rizwan by saying a lot of those deliveries were against excellent new ball bowling by Naseem, so it’s not a big deal….

Ok, well Naseem was doing what most decent pacers would do and keep the ball on 4th/5th stump line at a back of the length against a guy who prefers leg side…

Did Rizwan play or attempt a single cut shot on those deliveries? He was trying to swipe every second or third one to leg side. He just isn’t a proper batsman let alone a T20 opener.

What have I said which is wrong? You waited a month for Imad to perform so you could come out from hiding.

Imad is a rubbish player and I will remind everyone of that. Even rubbish players have their days enjoy it before you go into hiding again.

Why do you feel the urge to “remind everyone that he’s a rubbish player”?

It’s because you have an anti-Imad agenda which keeps you regurgitating the same drivel day in, day out. All because of your Pro-RizBar bias.

I haven’t gone into hiding. Imad has had a terrible PSL up until this point, particularly with the bat. But unlike you, I can give both credit and criticise him where due.

You should have listened to what Misbah had to say about his 20 off 17 today.

He defended Rizwan by saying a lot of those deliveries were against excellent new ball bowling by Naseem, so it’s not a big deal….

Ok, well Naseem was doing what most decent pacers would do and keep the ball on 4th/5th stump line at a back of the length against a guy who prefers leg side…

Did Rizwan play or attempt a single cut shot on those deliveries? He was trying to swipe every second or third one to leg side. He just isn’t a proper batsman let alone a T20 opener.

Misbah has no shame. He came up with the idea of promoting Rizwan, so he’ll back him even on his worst days.

If he’s being impartial, well 20 off 17 balls is unacceptable during the powerplay on such a nice barring surface. Misbah also has a track record of exhibiting his low cricketing IQ.

So the question that needs to be asked is Misbah shameless or clueless or both?

Misbah has no shame. He came up with the idea of promoting Rizwan, so he’ll back him even on his worst days.

If he’s being impartial, well 20 off 17 balls is unacceptable during the powerplay on such a nice barring surface. Misbah also has a track record of exhibiting his low cricketing IQ.

Theirs one thing I don't get, why is rizwan giving usman Khan a push when usman is clearly a superior wicket keeper batsmen? Or is it that rizzu thinks usman is heading of to uae?

Reason why Multan sultan lost despite posting 229

- Slow start at opening

- Poor bowling from usama mir and Abaas afridi, constantly giving half trackers and full volleys, no bouncers, line and length, slower deliveries etc

- Questionable selections, like why bowl wiese out by 16th but keep your most expensive bowlers at the death? Usama and abass afridi had taken a 3 over beating? While David had taken 2 early wickets and was economical? Why have your 2 worst bowlers bowl 19th and 20th? This reminded me of when babar bowled nawaz against sa in the final over of the world cup lol.

- Slow overrate costing one final fielder in the last over, imad's 6 was pretty low, so if they had 5 fielders, a fielder positioned their would have dismissed imad.

- Lack of aggression, why is the captain hugging his bowlers if their getting smacked and why is he hanging out with the opposition dug out? This is an important game for Multan as it impacts who they'll face and allow to go through?

It’s because you have an anti-Imad agenda which keeps you regurgitating the same drivel day in, day out. All because of your Pro-RizBar bias.

I haven’t gone into hiding. Imad has had a terrible PSL up until this point, particularly with the bat. But unlike you, I can give both credit and criticise him where due.
Lol at anti-imad agenda. I mean come on someone has to be decent not Imad. I have no pro RizBar bias, if they flop drop them unlike you who wanted Imad as a captain lol who can't even make the team.

According to you I have anti Imad agenda than you must have anti Babar and rizwan agenda while fully knowing they are million times the player Imad could ever dream to be.

I need to remind people he's rubbish along with others because few clueless posters think he's a captaincy material and an essential to our team when he's clearly rubbish.

I don't even hate rizwan anymore, I have a major major issue with his fans. Like usman Khan scored a 100 yesterday but somehow he let his captain down? Makes no sense.

It was the same in the world cup, rizwan scores a 100 and while it's a great match winning innings and I defo will it give it praise, everyone relentlessly attacked me with how this was the greatest world cup innings of all time when literally in the same world cup you had multiple innings surpass his by miles maxwell was imo the best.

But when if rizzu fails, or if he doesn't do a great job it's always the team let him down?

It was the same for misbah, somehow the youngsters are at fault but not him.

The only thing shameless is your agenda against Misbah and Rizwan. Since Misbah was terminated we've had multiple changes in management and coaching staff. Are they all clueless?? Rizwan continues to open whether Misbah is there or not

Lol at anti-imad agenda. I mean come on someone has to be decent not Imad. I have no pro RizBar bias, if they flop drop them unlike you who wanted Imad as a captain lol who can't even make the team.

According to you I have anti Imad agenda than you must have anti Babar and rizwan agenda while fully knowing they are million times the player Imad could ever dream to be.

I need to remind people he's rubbish along with others because few clueless posters think he's a captaincy material and an essential to our team when he's clearly rubbish.
Who do you think should be our captain atm? Personally I don't really see anyone captaincy material in our unit or psl.

Rizwan is kinda soft, Shaheen is too much of a mental nuthouse( captaincy wise, not player wise, I don't mind his aggressive nature in bowling), Shan isn't even qualified, Babar as a player is a leader by example but not exactly captaincy material, imad isn't even in the team, sarfraz is finished?

I don't think theirs anyone we can reasonably select, the reason people want imad or rizwan is because imad has captaincy experience and is an oldie and the reason people want rizwan is because after babar, rizwan is currently the only player who's spot as a bat and keeper is confirmed in every format, and the reason people want sarfraz is probs for the 2017 magic but sarfi is done now.

The only thing shameless is your agenda against Misbah and Rizwan. Since Misbah was terminated we've had multiple changes in management and coaching staff. Are they all clueless?? Rizwan continues to open whether Misbah is there or not
Tbf kind of, when mickey Arthur returned after misbah's departure, he didn't really do anything or make changes, he kinda just sat around for a paycheck. His contribution ended in 2017, and currently it doesn't help that Pakistan keeps dropping management faster then malik swaps wives.

Again I'm not against misbah, but all I'm saying is, he is in the same boat as the rest. Misbah was as much of a failure results wise as any coach after him. The reason misbah agenda exists is because we won in 2017 during mickey's stint but after declining in 2018 and 2019, mickey needed to be sacked, but misbah came and declined the team further. Again it doesn't matter if that was his intent or not, pretty sure mickey wasn't trying to sabotage 2018 or 2019 either, but when misbah came in, results wise we sucked.

At the end of the day, mickey deapite his failures post 2017, still has 2017 in his portfolio whereas misbah doesn't have anything in his portfolio to show coaching wise, neither do the ones that came after him.

As for rizwan, whether their is an anti rizzu agenda or not, the problem still lies, Rizwan has contributed to multiple 200+ chases with babar, and scored a record of 100 during pur odi wc stint, however his insanely slow sr as evident in this psl still means that he clearly is not a t20 opener. His 40 ball 50's don't exactly help anyone, and no I'm not a hypocrite because if you read my post yesterday, Saud shakeel who I love for his allround shot capabilities, I scrutinised his performance yesterday while others were praising him, His insanely slow sr coupled with his inability to finish the game wasn't a good performance, he crippled the team and forced someone to hit a miracle 6 in order for him to win.

Rizwan is in the same boat, he plays in such a fashion as saud played yesterday.

This has to be the game of the tournament for me

Rizwan failing with the bat and his captaincy exposed, a Karachite scoring another 100, Imad redeeming himself in front of the single IQ pindi crowd.

Hopefully this humiliation is enough to derail Rizwan and his fluke tactical further allowing for his eventual expulsion from MS and the PSL

Who do you think should be our captain atm? Personally I don't really see anyone captaincy material in our unit or psl.

Rizwan is kinda soft, Shaheen is too much of a mental nuthouse( captaincy wise, not player wise, I don't mind his aggressive nature in bowling), Shan isn't even qualified, Babar as a player is a leader by example but not exactly captaincy material, imad isn't even in the team, sarfraz is finished?

I don't think theirs anyone we can reasonably select, the reason people want imad or rizwan is because imad has captaincy experience and is an oldie and the reason people want rizwan is because after babar, rizwan is currently the only player who's spot as a bat and keeper is confirmed in every format, and the reason people want sarfraz is probs for the 2017 magic but sarfi is done now.
A player who makes the team on merit and is guaranteed. Neither Imad, sarfraz or shan do any of that. Babar has had his chance his flopped. I will go with saud as test and odis captain and stick with Shaheen for t20 as you can't remove him after 1 series even though I believe he will be a disaster. Ideally someone like Saim can be an option when he cements his place.

Which players would you go with?

A player who makes the team on merit and is guaranteed. Neither Imad, sarfraz or shan do any of that. Babar has had his chance his flopped. I will go with saud as test and odis captain and stick with Shaheen for t20 as you can't remove him after 1 series even though I believe he will be a disaster. Ideally someone like Saim can be an option when he cements his place.

Which players would you go with?
I suggested saud a couple months back. But atm I don't really know tbh.

Muhammad haris also captained the emerging acc Asia cup squad to victory but that's not really a fair comparison when you have international 22 to 30 year omds playing against India's 18 year old rejects who'll never even make it to the D team.

There are 2 types of fans.

Pakistan fans and Riz fans.

It's that simple.
Imad and Sarfraz will never play for Pak again.

Asif Ali will never captain Pak.

Rizwan will continue to open as long as he's in form whether few people agree with it or not.

There are two types of fans: One who want Pak to win at any cost and others who wish for Pak to lose because they don't like a particular player

Imad and Sarfraz will never play for Pak again.

Asif Ali will never captain Pak.

Rizwan will continue to open as long as he's in form whether few people agree with it or not.

There are two types of fans: One who want Pak to win at any cost and others who wish for Pak to lose because they don't like a particular player

Well, you might have confused me with someone else which is why you are laying out players right, left and centre to assume that I somehow support them.

I will clear my thoughts about certain players with you even though I didn't bring any of them up for contention.

Sarfraz was good but he is past his prime and I don't particularly envisage him playing for Pakistan again nor do I harbor any delusions that he will return.

Imad is a tough case. He is not that bad. Getting a bowling economy of around 6-7 while opening T20s was a good performance with an odd wicket or two. And he looked a better potential candidate for captain than any of these silly "softies" that have permeated our team. I know he is not a world beater, but he is one of the better cricketers for Pakistan who had a "winning mentality". However, he has retired I guess, and I don't consider him as major leader of the team nowadays.

Asif Ali is a nobody and I don't care about him. Him captaining Pakistan is as ridiculous sounding as Rizwan being the best cricketer on earth.

The fact that you actually still want Rizwan to open despite him being bang average as an opener shows your bias not mine. I actually have no problem with Rizwan being in the team at 5 or 6. It's you who cant digest the demotion along with Rizwan who thinks he is greatest since sliced bread.

Now lets re-evaluate.

They are two types of fans.

Those who want Pakistan to win and those who want Rizwan to score his 50s without caring about winning.

Well, you might have confused me with someone else which is why you are laying out players right, left and centre to assume that I somehow support them.

I will clear my thoughts about certain players with you even though I didn't bring any of them up for contention.

Sarfraz was good but he is past his prime and I don't particularly envisage him playing for Pakistan again nor do I harbor any delusions that he will return.

Imad is a tough case. He is not that bad. Getting a bowling economy of around 6-7 while opening T20s was a good performance with an odd wicket or two. And he looked a better potential candidate for captain than any of these silly "softies" that have permeated our team. I know he is not a world beater, but he is one of the better cricketers for Pakistan who had a "winning mentality". However, he has retired I guess, and I don't consider him as major leader of the team nowadays.

Asif Ali is a nobody and I don't care about him. Him captaining Pakistan is as ridiculous sounding as Rizwan being the best cricketer on earth.

The fact that you actually still want Rizwan to open despite him being bang average as an opener shows your bias not mine. I actually have no problem with Rizwan being in the team at 5 or 6. It's you who cant digest the demotion along with Rizwan who thinks he is greatest since sliced bread.

Now lets re-evaluate.

They are two types of fans.

Those who want Pakistan to win and those who want Rizwan to score his 50s without caring about winning.
Rizwan is good or bad is upto the team management to decide. All I can do I watch and hope my team wins whatever the composition of team.
As I said we can have different opinions it means nothing.
To say that either u can be Pak fan or Riz fan is wrong. One can be both at the same time.
Looks like Rizwan will continue to open as long as he's performing so it's up to people to decide whether they support him or not because that equates with supporting the side

Theirs one thing I don't get, why is rizwan giving usman Khan a push when usman is clearly a superior wicket keeper batsmen? Or is it that rizzu thinks usman is heading of to uae?

What happened?

Since last year, I have noticed there is a recurring pattern (on a daily basis), of you bashing Imad during the PSL season.

I don't defend Imad on here because I think he's some elite cricketer. He isn't, he's far from it. I defend him from toxic RizBar fans, who typically are deranged Misbah fans.

I have no anti-Babar and Rizwan agenda. I just can't stand their fans so I call them out for their bias and delusion.

The funny thing is you despise Misbah like me but you unite with Rizbar supporters, who are typically pro-Misbah fans.

If you want to make snidey remarks about the players I defend, at least respond to me rather than sucking up to a troll, who got schooled by me on the Arsenal and Imad threads. I never rated Shan Masood as a player. I rate his captaincy. But anyway no point trying to discuss logic with you. I can see why you were put on a restricted list.

Wow your desperation for your cult following of Misbah is unmatched! Almost Major's level.

You continue to strawman because you cannot bear seeing Misbah exposed.

Funny thing is you've not said a word about Rizwan's innings. 20 off 17 balls on a pancake wicket during the Powerplay, where both teams scored in excess of 220, is beyond unacceptable.

If Misbah doesn't want to criticise Rizwan's innings, I have no problem, but he will be called out for defending the indefensible.

Since last year, I have noticed there is a recurring pattern (on a daily basis), of you bashing Imad during the PSL season.

I don't defend Imad on here because I think he's some elite cricketer. He isn't, he's far from it. I defend him from toxic RizBar fans, who typically are deranged Misbah fans.

I have no anti-Babar and Rizwan agenda. I just can't stand their fans so I call them out for their bias and delusion.

The funny thing is you despise Misbah like me but you unite with Rizbar supporters, who are typically pro-Misbah fans.

If you want to make snidey remarks about the players I defend, at least respond to me rather than sucking up to a troll, who got schooled by me on the Arsenal and Imad threads. I never rated Shan Masood as a player. I rate his captaincy. But anyway no point trying to discuss logic with you. I can see why you were put on a restricted list.

Imad is both statistically and temperamentally better than Nawaz yet he got dropped. There's no excuse for defending such move. But he mentioned that he would prefer Nawaz because of superior fielding. In other thread, he started trolling when I was replying to him properly on Imad's past performances. I don't understand how one can dislike a cricketer who has been wronged by the management and has never been involved in any one or off field controversy.

Imad is both statistically and temperamentally better than Nawaz yet he got dropped. There's no excuse for defending such move. But he mentioned that he would prefer Nawaz because of superior fielding. In other thread, he started trolling when I was replying to him properly on Imad's past performances. I don't understand how one can dislike a cricketer who has been wronged by the management and has never been involved in any one or off field controversy.

Well spotted and if he's backing Nawaz above Imad, then his agenda is blindingly obvious. No one with a single brain cell picks Nawaz over Imad.

@PakEngFan This explains why you been spending every day bashing Imad whenever the PSL is on. You did this during last year's edition of the tournament and on a daily basis as well.

What part of his captaincy do you rate? Can you please point them out wi the specific examples.

The “he has improved a lot in the last few years” narrative has died a painful death. Let’s see how long this captaincy narrative lasts.

Let’s face it: Shan Masood is garbage both as a player and as a captain.

Back