Imad Wasim's (30*) late blitz propels Islamabad United (232/7) to the play-offs of PSL 9 with a thrilling 3-wicket victory over Multan Sultans (228/4)

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated Points Table after 26 games in PSL 9:

slAiDHV.png

In a crucial match with playoff qualification place hanging in the balance, Islamabad United is set to face the leading team, Multan Sultans, in the 27th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024. The match will take place at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi today,on Sunday, March 10.

The Multan Sultans, led by Mohammad Rizwan and already having secured a playoff spot as the first team this season, have previously defeated Shadab Khan’s Islamabad United. However, a victory in today’s match would guarantee Islamabad United a spot in the playoffs, independent of other match outcomes.

uyDxGnU.png

Squads:

Multan Sultans
Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Dawid Malan, Tayyab Tahir, Khushdil Shah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Chris Jordan, David Willey, Usama Mir, Aftab Ibrahim, Mohammad Ali, Usman Khan, Faisal Akram, Shahnawaz Dahani, Mohammad Shahzad, Yasir Khan, Abbas Afridi, Johnson Charles, Ali Majid, Richard Ngarava

Islamabad United Squad: Colin Munro, Alex Hales, Agha Salman, Shadab Khan(c), Azam Khan(w), Haider Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Matthew Forde, Hunain Shah, Tymal Mills, Jordan Cox, Naseem Shah, Rumman Raees, Martin Guptill, Obed McCoy, Qasim Akram, Shamyl Hussain, Ubaid Shah, Shahab Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Islamabad will be looking to win this one. They need this win to make their place secure for the playoffs.

TOSS UPDATE:

Islamabad United have won the toss and have opted to field

1710059658086.png

Both Naseem SHah and Yasir Khan are back for their teams. Will be a good encounter to witness.

Naseem is bowling a but leg sidish to both batters. Need to keep things tight even though nothing serious atm.

Here you go, Faheem comes in, bowls first ball on the leg side, got smashed for 6.

Rizwan has no cut shot

swiping at everything towards leg

This is Pakistan's greatest opener lol

Sana Mir unhappy Yasir Khan isnt taking singles in the powerplay

this is her level of cricket knowledge

If naseem shah does not get a wicket, hunain shah gets one. Beauty. Yasir khan is gone for 33.

Good cameo by Yasir Khan. Has given Multan a head start

Whats Rizwan telling Usman Khan?

"Its very difficult to play the ball on the off side"

Ramiz: "I asked Rizwan at the toss how many overs does it take him to settle in? He said 2 overs"

So we are forever going to have 2 overs being wasted out of 20 so that Rizwan can settle in? 2 overs of powerplay that is?

Rizwan was thinking to review that,

Im amazed he didnt

Very enjoyable game to watch now. The most selfish cricketer in the history of Pakistan back in the hut, 20 off 18 balls

Couldnt put bat to ball against Naseem Shah who is a proper bowler

everyone wrote of Sahibzada Farhan for not being able to do so either, why is no one saying the same about Rizwan?

International bowlers have to be absolutely mentally braindead if they cannot see Rizwan is incapable of playing outside the 4th/5th stump

Right a silly question..as usman khan was born in karachi can he play for pak?... i guess usman khwajja is similar scenario but difference btw aussies a nd uae

Right a silly question..as usman khan was born in karachi can he play for pak?... i guess usman khwajja is similar scenario but difference btw aussies a nd uae
He can and should play for Pakistan

He still has his Pakistani passport, and hasnt played for UAE yet

Imad you can go for 4 overs for 50 for all I care now

Weve got our man!

Hopefully this is the last PSL for rizwan.

This PSL should be enough to throw him out of the T20 team and hopefully that’s the same case in ODIs and t20s

Hopefully this is the last PSL for rizwan.

This PSL should be enough to throw him out of the T20 team and hopefully that’s the same case in ODIs and t20s
it wont be the last bro. He has a different agreement with PCB. He seems untouchable

He can and should play for Pakistan

He still has his Pakistani passport, and hasnt played for UAE yet
I see if this is true why is he playing as an.overseas player ..hasnt he got 2 centuries..he can wicket keep too. If sahibzada can play for pak after some decent knocks in domestic then this guy is a no brainer

Everytime Hendricks is in the side, Rizwan will face first ball. If Rizwan opens with a junior Pakistani player, that junior will face the first ball.

What does that tell you about this guy?

I see if this is true why is he playing as an.overseas player ..hasnt he got 2 centuries..he can wicket keep too. If sahibzada can play for pak after some decent knocks in domestic then this guy is a no brainer
I guess its because he made his intentions to represent UAE clear, but in a recent interview he said that he is undecided. Im sure PCB are on his case behind the scenes. its a no brainer to not have this guy in the side. He is a much better attacking player of pace than Babar, and thousands times attacking player of spin than all of Pakistan let alone Babar

Pakistani captains and their forever reluctance to bat first. All you have to do against Multan is post 185 batting first, thats game done and dusted

Everytime Hendricks is in the side, Rizwan will face first ball. If Rizwan opens with a junior Pakistani player, that junior will face the first ball.

What does that tell you about this guy?
Riizu respects Hendricks :) 106/2 in 11

Usman Khan, another king from Karachi who was excluded from any domestic teams just because of his domicile

Made the right decision to play for the UAE

Every upcoming batsman in Pakistan can take their career to the next level by facing Shadab

That's what the comms were saying, so what, the alternative is to bowl half trackers? loll
He would rather get smashed into the stands square of the wicket instead of over his head

its an ego issue

Flat road

Shadab will definetly bat at number 3 or 4 today

Usman Khan, another king from Karachi who was excluded from any domestic teams just because of his domicile

Made the right decision to play for the UAE
Do you know why theirs such discrimination against karachi born players? I'm genuinely asking, I never understood the reason in general.

I dont like Multan because of their obsession with making everything revolve around Rizwan

but i cant lie

this batting by Charles and Usman is so enjoyable to watch

None of this rubbish of: "You are striking the ball well so I will look to give you strike"

Both batsmen laying the law down on the bowlers here!

According to Ian Biship, he is open to playing for Pakistan

43fajRZ.png

Do you know why theirs such discrimination against karachi born players? I'm genuinely asking, I never understood the reason in general.
Check out Imran Siddique or Muzamil Asif on twitter and you will get a better idea

The TLDR is that the Punjab and KP lobby primarily runs the PCB

You are destined for Pakistan son

Pakistan will lift a trophy when the true sons of Karachi stands up for their nation!

Jahaan matters barey hotey hain

wahaan Rana Faheem Ashraf stokes kharey hotey hain!

You are destined for Pakistan son

Pakistan will lift a trophy when the true sons of Karachi stands up for their nation!
Saim and Usman opening would be fun to watch

Back