Multan Sultans (185/4) secure the top spot on points table with a 79-Run victory over Quetta Gladiators (106/10) in PSL 9

When you can’t perform at an International level what’s the point of having strike rate where was this in New Zealand ?
Doesn't matter
right now is PSL and he is one of the best lower order batters this tournament

Omair bin yousaf despite being the perfect no 4 for us in both odi and t20, won't get a chance to play because management wants an opener to bat at no 4 and accommodate rizwan at opening lol.
I don't think he's international material rizwan has better stats than him in all formats of domestics.

Too much arrogance in the Quetta side

What’s the point of qualifying for the play offs when you have a team lead by Shan Masood that will probably show more fight and aggression than you? Karachi and Lahore right now are better suited to play the play offs…not this Quetta side with zero game planning

I don't think he's international material rizwan has better stats than him in all formats of domestics.
Rizwan isn't willing to go to no 4, and rizzu isn't a t20 bat,

He plays beyond slow in the powerplay and he won't perform every single time, he's the same dude who messed up 2022 asia cup due to his slow sr.

Either have rizwan at no 4 and put fakhar back at opening and before the cup give fakhar bcci Level coaching so he can become our hitman as he's clearly shown he can but inconsistently, just make that consistent.

But that's not going to happen.

Too much arrogance in the Quetta side

What’s the point of qualifying for the play offs when you have a team lead by Shan Masood that will probably show more fight and aggression than you? Karachi and Lahore right now are better suited to play the play offs…not this Quetta side with zero game planning
They don't have any batting, that's the thing. Besides saud.

Ever since rizwan opened we have proceeded to get exposed in every t20 icc tournament minus one game against india who for some reason also got bitchered by a pretty weak NZ team at the time by 9 wickets, other then that one exception we've been humiliated but have gotten extremely lucky to somehow make to asia cup 2022 final and wc 2022 final despite in both tournaments we lost 60% of our matches in group stages and had to rely on bowling miracles to get by to finals and still botched the finals despite Lankans giving us a 11 extra headstart and England having a toothless bowling attack that we fell to for 138.

The Asia Cup Final in 2022 should have been the wake up call for everyone to see that he’s not good enough to open for Pakistan.

But as @VForVendetta once said most of his fans are Misbah supporters, so they don’t understand the modern demands of T20 cricket.

No we have not, we literally got smoked because this moron cost us asia cup 2022 against Sri Lanka despite the Lankans starting off with 11 extras before the first ball was even bowled.

He's always needed babar to get actually chase 200, of Babar gets dismissed, then he's incapable of functioning with any other batsmen or winning anything.

And that is completely false if you watched every single game, you'd know that despite getting smoked 5-0 against England we demolished them in t20 when Khalid Latif and sharjeel Khan managed to humiliate England Black and blue and virtually end the game during the powerplay alone.

Again I'm not claiming their good players but going hard in the PP has worked for us multiple times especially in 2009 amd in 2010 as well.

Rizwan is not an all format player or must in all 3. He's possibly amongst the worst t20 openers you could have and minus 2nd string sides he'll be a massive massive liability this cup.

Khalid Latif and Sharjeel Khan, seriously? Two spot fixers who aren't fit to tie Rizwan's shoes yet here you are comparing them to our best wicket keeper batter ever. The innings you're talking about, they were chasing nothing. It was the bowling that won us the match that day.

It's really simple. We lose whenever one of Babar or Rizwan doesn't click. Whether that be an Asia Cup final or a game against Zimbabwe. The 2 cover the cracks of our team. Without them we would not be able to compete

Rizwan isn't willing to go to no 4, and rizzu isn't a t20 bat,

He plays beyond slow in the powerplay and he won't perform every single time, he's the same dude who messed up 2022 asia cup due to his slow sr.

Either have rizwan at no 4 and put fakhar back at opening and before the cup give fakhar bcci Level coaching so he can become our hitman as he's clearly shown he can but inconsistently, just make that consistent.

But that's not going to happen.
Put fakhar at opening because of what performances? He was given 30 odd games he flopped. Now in PSL he's one of the worst opener.

The post was I don't think omair is international material and I said rizwan has better stats than him in international than omair does at domestic.

Khalid Latif and Sharjeel Khan, seriously? Two spot fixers who aren't fit to tie Rizwan's shoes yet here you are comparing them to our best wicket keeper batter ever. The innings you're talking about, they were chasing nothing. It was the bowling that won us the match that day.

It's really simple. We lose whenever one of Babar or Rizwan doesn't click. Whether that be an Asia Cup final or a game against Zimbabwe. The 2 cover the cracks of our team. Without them we would not be able to compete
I'm quoting historical facts, trying to strawman me by attacking an argument I never made is irrelevant.

Rizwan clicked in the asia cup final lol, Babar clicked in the wc t20 semi final, what happened their?

Forget the fixing both were rubbish bats too specially Khalid latif.

Put fakhar at opening because of what performances? He was given 30 odd games he flopped. Now in PSL he's one of the worst opener.

The post was I don't think omair is international material and I said rizwan has better stats than him in international than omair does at domestic.
And the original post was regarding onair at no 4, no one brought up rizwan, you brought him up randomly whole replying to me.

I'm quoting historical facts, trying to strawman me by attacking an argument I never made is irrelevant.

Rizwan clicked in the asia cup final lol, Babar clicked in the wc t20 semi final, what happened their?

I'm not strawmaning anything, your entire argument was Rizwan isn't a T20 player. Then you bring up the example of 2 spot fixers bashing England in low scoring affair as if those were our glory days.

Just so you know Sharjeel averages 22 and strikes at 133. Latif averages 21 and has a strike rate of 103. This is the benchmark you're saying we should have as t20 openers.

Rizwan has set the bar much higher

Quetta Gladiators are Zilch without Roy and Saud Shakeel.

I'm not strawmaning anything, your entire argument was Rizwan isn't a T20 player. Then you bring up the example of 2 spot fixers bashing England in low scoring affair as if those were our glory days.

Just so you know Sharjeel averages 22 and strikes at 133. Latif averages 21 and has a strike rate of 103. This is the benchmark you're saying we should have as t20 openers.

How? An average at 40 with a 120sr? Pakistan were ranked 1 under Sarfaraz without Rizwan but they are now a solid 4th/5th ranked side having played the majority of their cricket against B/C string sides

You're 100% strawmanning even now, never once did I say it was a benchmark, you claimed going hard in PP never worked, I cited an example where it did and you fumbled with yet another excuse saying

Oh bit it was a low scoring affair then after that you singled out sharjeel and latif because you need secondary points to attack cause you're running out of arguments when rizwan himself has already admitted he's useless at opening without babar hand holding him.

Misbah and rizwan aren't the pinnacle of success that you've turned them into, so much so that I find posts about you elsewhere actually comparing rizwan to Steve Smith or other players or actually claiming that current Pakistan stands a chance against India in test.

You're just lying to yourself, and this goes for @Ahmed216 and @PakEngFan as well, liking each others comments and forming a hive doesn't do anything, all of you are just lying to yourselves while making cringy anime jokes on being top dawgs.

For your sake I hope you see the game with neutral eyes cause its annoying to constantly deal with Pro rizwan or anti rizwan cults 24/7.

Rizwan amd babar are not the pinnacle of success that will force India to lose to us in test, nor are they the absolute worst atrocities to ever exist.

Their okayish players who have won us t20 games but have contributed towards losing us multiple t20 tournaments with Asia cup 2022 and semi final 2021 being babar and rizwan's fault 110%.

Multan Sultans reign supreme at the points table after they inflicted a heavy 79-run defeat over Quetta Gladiators at National Bank Stadium, Karachi on Tuesday night.

Batting first, Multan scored 185-4 on the back of half-centuries by Mohammad Rizwan and Johnson Charles. Three-wicket hauls each by David Willey and Usama Mir skittled Quetta for just 106.

After their victory today, Sultans have joined Zalmi in the HBL PSL 9 qualifier, which will be played at National Bank Stadium at 9 PM on 14 March.

Multan Sultans’ opening batters, Yasir Khan and Mohammad Rizwan could only manage a 16-run opening stand with the former caught behind for 12 on 11, with two fours, in the third over, after Gladiators opted to field first.

What followed was a 52-run second-wicket stand as Usman Khan joined Rizwan in the middle to bring stability to Multan’s innings after the early wicket. In the fifth over, Rizwan hit a six while Usman hit two consecutive fours to get the scoreboard moving. Sultans ended the powerplay at 43-1.

In the 10th over, Usman (21, 23b, 3x4s) was stunned by Abrar Ahmed, who bowled a magic delivery to outfox the right-hand batter.

Johnson Charles, the next batter in, partnered with Rizwan for the longest partnership of the innings; yielding 68 from 43 deliveries. Charles, who contributed 32 from 19 to the partnership, played the aggressor role.

In the 14th over, Rizwan brought up his 64th T20 half-century, doing so off 35 deliveries. The next two overs, which yielded 12 each, saw Rizwan hit a six while Charles powered the ball to the boundary twice.

In the 17th over, Mohammad Amir dismissed Rizwan (69, 47b, 1x4, 4x6s) after he mistimed a leg-cutter, which was caught by the Quetta skipper, Rilee Rossouw.

The fourth-wicket partnership between Charles and Iftikhar Ahmed propelled Multan to a comfortable total, after the two added 46 off just 18, with the last three overs yielding 42 runs.

Mohammad Wasim Jnr removed Charles (53, 29b, 6x4s, 3x6s) on the fourth ball of the final over, after the batter had brought up his 36th T20 half-century off 27 balls. Iftikhar (20, 8b, 2x4s, 1x6) remained unbeaten at the other end, after pushing the Sultans total to 185-4.

Amir bagged two wickets while Abrar and Wasim had one each.

In return, Quetta Gladiators had a horror start to the chase as they lost four early wickets. In the third over, David Willey first trapped Jason Roy (3, 7b) leg-before on the second ball.

Then, the last delivery of the over saw Saud Shakeel (14, 9b, 1x4, 1x6) being run out by Yasir who perfected his aim at the stumps from backward point, with the Quetta opener halfway down the crease.

Rossouw (10, 9b, 2x4s) hit two fours in the next over to keep the scoreboard moving, however, lost his wicket on the final ball of the fifth over when Willey rattled the Quetta skipper’s stumps.

Quetta finished the powerplay at 46-3. Trouble deepened when Laurie Evans (1, 2b), the next batter in, was caught by Chris Jordan at short midwicket off Abbas Afridi, leaving Gladiators 47-4.

Then, Khawaja Nafay joined Omair bin Yousuf on the crease for a 26-run fifth-wicket partnership. He hit a four on the last ball of the seventh over. In the following over, Omair produced one four while Nafay smashed a six. Quetta got to 73-4 at the halfway mark.

On the first ball of the 11th over, Nafay (16, 14b, 1x4, 1x6) was pinned leg-before wicket by Mohammad Ali after Multan reviewed the on-field decision.

Omair managed to score 37 off 25, on the back of three fours and two maximums, before he was caught by Jordan in the 12th over, providing Usama Mir his 19th HBL PSL 9 wicket. In the next over, Akeal Hosein edged to Rizwan behind the stumps as Abbas got his second wicket of the innings.

Hosein walked back for a-run-a-ball six, as the batting collapse continued. Usama rattled Amir’s (3, 6b) stumps to bring Quetta eight down in the 14th over, with only 99 runs on the board.

Abrar was caught behind for a two-ball duck as Multan inched closer to joining Peshawar Zalmi in the HBL PSL 9 qualifier. Usama picked up the final wicket as Quetta were bundled up for 106, the lowest total of HBL PSL 9.

Willey and Usama registered identical figures of three for 22 in four overs, while Abbas picked up two wickets. Ali also dismissed a batter.

Scores in brief

Multan Sultans beat Quetta Gladiators by 79 runs

Multan Sultans 185-4, 20 overs (Mohammad Rizwan 69, Johnson Charles 53; Mohammad Amir 2-40)

Quetta Gladiators 106 all out, 15.5 overs (Omair bin Yousuf 37, Khawaja Nafay 16, Saud Shakeel 14; David Willey 3-22, Usama Mir 3-22, Abbas Afridi 2-14)

Player of the match – Mohammad Rizwan (Multan Sultans)

Next fixture: Qualifier (Peshawar Zalmi v Multan Sultans) at National Bank Stadium, Karachi (9pm)

You're 100% strawmanning even now, never once did I say it was a benchmark, you claimed going hard in PP never worked, I cited an example where it did and you fumbled with yet another excuse saying

Oh bit it was a low scoring affair then after that you singled out sharjeel and latif because you need secondary points to attack cause you're running out of arguments when rizwan himself has already admitted he's useless at opening without babar hand holding him.

Misbah and rizwan aren't the pinnacle of success that you've turned them into, so much so that I find posts about you elsewhere actually comparing rizwan to Steve Smith or other players or actually claiming that current Pakistan stands a chance against India in test.

You're just lying to yourself, and this goes for @Ahmed216 and @PakEngFan as well, liking each others comments and forming a hive doesn't do anything, all of you are just lying to yourselves while making cringy anime jokes on being top dawgs.

For your sake I hope you see the game with neutral eyes cause its annoying to constantly deal with Pro rizwan or anti rizwan cults 24/7.

Rizwan amd babar are not the pinnacle of success that will force India to lose to us in test, nor are they the absolute worst atrocities to ever exist.

Their okayish players who have won us t20 games but have contributed towards losing us multiple t20 tournaments with Asia cup 2022 and semi final 2021 being babar and rizwan's fault 110%.
What did I lie about? Just because you are writing essays don't mean you make sense. When did I say Babar and rizwan were not at fault?

Babar and rizwan have many faults. Find better players than them and then bin them, but the fact is we don't have anyone who can challenge them at the moment. Same goes for any other players they are not bigger than the country.

His agent did after a week and no one is broke. His agent has been ringing us for his gt20 2024. Why don’t u go ask Chacha what he does with his salary
Maybe his agent is asking if the payment went though or not. Because clearly it has affected you as you can't say a sentence without including iftikhar name.

Maybe his agent is asking if the payment went though or not. Because clearly it has affected you as you can't say a sentence without including iftikhar name.
Cause I don’t like him as a player! He is a fraud. As I said keep the same energy when he plays international cricket. Make sure you don’t hide. 😶‍🌫️

A bunch of mythological paragraphs with the encore being we wont compete if they dont exist.

I am all tears at the euology you just expostulated now for these two.

Unfortunately, mythologies and fantasies are just stories told to amuse the general population.

Good look convincing any logical cricket fan of the last line.

Cause I don’t like him as a player! He is a fraud. As I said keep the same energy when he plays international cricket. Make sure you don’t hide. 😶‍🌫️
You hate him. That's it. I don't like iftikhar as a player not because he didn't a bill. That's the difference.

Complete domination by Multan against Quetta and once again, the Nafay bubble has bursted. Iftikhar with a good little cameo and he might have sealed his spot in the national team now as well.

What did I lie about? Just because you are writing essays don't mean you make sense. When did I say Babar and rizwan were not at fault?

Babar and rizwan have many faults. Find better players than them and then bin them, but the fact is we don't have anyone who can challenge them at the moment. Same goes for any other players they are not bigger than the country.
I've been called liar, troll, cringe and what not since yesterday 😃

We can't compete even with them, you're acting as if we didn't get butchered and ragdolled by our rival nation twice during the last time we met in local and icc tournaments.

I've been called liar, troll, cringe and what not since yesterday 😃
The poster said he doesn't have like and dislike but clearly does. Can't back up any of his claims then starts calling people liers.

Every post is about Babar and rizwan. I mean there are 9 other players in the team.

The poster said he doesn't have like and dislike but clearly does. Can't back up any of his claims then starts calling people liers.

Every post is about Babar and rizwan. I mean there are 9 other players in the team.

The 9 other players in the team dont insist about playing as an opener.

The 9 other players in the team dont insist about playing as an opener.
Because they are not good enough and they know it. We tried fakhar he flopped. Tried sharjeel he flopped. Tried Saim he flopped but should get more games.

Can you tell us who should be our openers other than the ttfs?

I've backed up every claim, you only have 2 people supporting you man, one makes wwe comments and the other compared rizwan to actual atg's like kohli lol.

You're way too toxic for me to actually have a proper conversation so I'll leave it that.

Here I'll say words that are music to your ears, Babar and rizwan are the greatest pakistani players on the planet and no one comes close to them as they are mighty openers and atg's of the game, their if that's what you wish to hear then stay happy. 😶‍🌫️

I've backed up every claim, you only have 2 people supporting you man, one makes wwe comments and the other compared rizwan to actual atg's like kohli lol.

You're way too toxic for me to actually have a proper conversation so I'll leave it that.

Here I'll say words that are music to your ears, Babar and rizwan are the greatest pakistani players on the planet and no one comes close to them as they are mighty openers and atg's of the game, their if that's what you wish to hear then stay happy. 😶‍🌫️
When you can't back your claims you decide to run I don't blame you. I don't need anyone to back me. I back up my arguments with facts rather than emotions.

Babar is a Pakistani great and rizwan is Pakistan greatest wk by a mile. Anyone one with an ounce of knowledge of cricket would agree with that.

Just to make your day Imad has countless match winning performances for Pakistan with his highlight being 5 wickets against Ireland and 25 runs against India.

We can't compete even with them, you're acting as if we didn't get butchered and ragdolled by our rival nation twice during the last time we met in local and icc tournaments.

Our rival nation has only one thing to be proud of over us which is their WC streak. This spans over decades and even all time great Pakistani teams of the past couldn't beat them.

It was RizBar that gave us the joy of 152/0. So yes we can compete.

A bunch of mythological paragraphs with the encore being we wont compete if they dont exist.

I am all tears at the euology you just expostulated now for these two.

Unfortunately, mythologies and fantasies are just stories told to amuse the general population.

Good look convincing any logical cricket fan of the last line.

It's not discussing myths and fairy tales here Dr sahib, this is a history lesson. Pay attention

Madam please slow down. You're all over the place with your rants.

You brought those names in cause you had no other argument and went above and beyond to find a match where we actually had an aggressive power play. Don't forget your argument here is 'Rizwan' is not a T20 player. In your mind guys like Latif and Sharjeel are because they go hard in the PP.

You and I can be wrong but not numbers

Back