Multan Sultans (147/3) secure a resounding victory over Peshawar Zalmi (146/7) by 7 wickets to propel themselves into the finals of PSL 9

They do have the same chemistry, same physique 😜

That's a weird grouping you did. Do you believe Afg is a better side than England and Sri Lanka?

We don't have to play all those teams in the WC. Aside from India, our initial group has Ireland, USA and Canada. After that it's 3 matches in the Super 4. If we win 2 out of 3 we should be able to make the semi-final
Ya Ireland, USA and Canada will get bashed and you'll go go ga ga over rizwan.

And yes Afghanistan currently is 100x better then England and Sri Lanka, they literally wrecked both teams, destroyed Pakistan and did destroy Australia as well. Aussies one via a one man miracle. Who on earth can make a 200 from a collapsed position? Rizwan?

But at the same time if Babar hadn't scored runs Peshawar might have had an even lower total?
Just started watching so all I'm judging is by the scorecard.
Nope. It doesn’t necessarily work like that.

If Harris didn’t get out, Zalmi could have had an above par score here. Always think about the most you can get, not the least.

Ya Ireland, USA and Canada will get bashed and you'll go go ga ga over rizwan.

And yes Afghanistan currently is 100x better then England and Sri Lanka, they literally wrecked both teams, destroyed Pakistan and did destroy Australia as well. Aussies one via a one man miracle. Who on earth can make a 200 from a collapsed position? Rizwan?
Bro I really wouldn’t write off Ireland, USA and Canada against Pakistan

Ramiz hasn’t been on commentary since Babar got out

He seems to be hired just to praise Babar

If Harris didn’t get out, Zalmi could have had an above par score here. Always think about the most you can get, not the least.
Meh. Has to be a bit of both I think.

I do sometimes get the feeling that Babar creates too much pressure on his team mates leading to a Pakistan collapse which makes Babar end up looking like the lone hero. But then again Pakistan's batting is known for it's fragility.

Generally, teams should have enough self awareness to know when to aggress and when to be on the defense.

Meh. Has to be a bit of both I think.

I do sometimes get the feeling that Babar creates too much pressure on his team mates leading to a Pakistan collapse which makes Babar end up looking like the lone hero. But then again Pakistan's batting is known for it's fragility.
People won't realise babar and rizwan opening is hell bro, 100 of 90 balls with their 45 ball combined 50's is match losing, now and always

People won't realise babar and rizwan opening is hell bro, 100 of 90 balls with their 45 ball combined 50's is match losing, now and always
Yeah. In a T20 the role of an anchor is less relavent for sure.
But I have noticed generally while chasing Babar and Rizwan are not terrible.
Setting an innings I agree that it can be detrimental to the teams performance.

Why? Just curious?
Well, Ireland have solid cricketers. They also don’t really look to set up, they play T20 cricket properly

Canada has lots of decent cricketers. They play a lot of cricket throughout the year, they will know how to surprise a weird middling team like Pakistan on their home turf

USA, well that’s probably one Pakistan should win comfortably

Yeah. In a T20 the role of an anchor is less relavent for sure.
But I have noticed generally while chasing Babar and Rizwan are not terrible.
Setting an innings I agree that it can be detrimental to the teams performance.
But their not going to win every toss and chase in every game, that's the problem.

Haris Rauf and Shaheen watching the game anxiously. From his reaction, I get the feeling that Haris is rooting for Rizwan to lose. I think he knows Rizwan will drop him of he becomes captain. Haris's best bet to remain in the team is if Shaheen continues captaincy

Haris Rauf and Shaheen watching the game anxiously. From his reaction, I get the feeling that Haris is rooting for Rizwan to lose. I think he knows Rizwan will drop him of he becomes captain. Haris's best bet to remain in the team is if Shaheen continues captaincy
Haris Rauf contract is terminated bhai, he can't even get selected, what are you talking about?

Oo Saim almost got Riz. What a battle and what a bowler Saim is turning out to be

Babar the great captain

Why bowl Walter in the powerplay? Should have just bowled another over of Wood

Jamal consoling his future kaptaan. :rizwan

Didn't even celebrate a much needed wicket.

Junior Pakistan player 49 off 29 on this wicket

What’s Babar and Rizwan’s excuse today?

50 off 30 being celebrated like he’s scored a 200 at lords

But guys like @daytrader harp on as if these two are the greatest Pakistani batsmen in the history of cricket

He'll never accept criticism for anything that has been constructed by Misbah, regardless of how broken it is. He should spend his whole day trading in assets that have Misbah's name on it.

But guys like @daytrader harp on as if these two are the greatest Pakistani batsmen in the history of cricket

They are the greatest Pakistani batters of this generation. Both know how important they are to their teams so they try to be in the middle for as long as possible. Riz got out playing a shot trying to up the antenna. Not like his team is in trouble

They are the greatest Pakistani batters of this generation. Both know how important they are to their teams so they try to be in the middle for as long as possible. Riz got out playing a shot trying to up the antenna. Not like his team is in trouble

RizBar: 61 runs off 63 balls.

Will you acknowledge that they both underperformed today?

He'll never accept criticism for anything that has been constructed by Misbah, regardless of how broken it is. He should spend his whole day trading in assets that have Misbah's name on it.

Oh you're here as well. Thanks for turning up when Rizwan fails. Where were you hiding earlier

Reminds me of Donald Trump replying to the journalist: “That’s ok I know you are not thinking, you never do”

RizBar: 61 runs off 63 balls.

Will you acknowledge that they both underperformed today?
Underperformed 100%
But don't think you can amalgamate both their innings since they were on opposing teams.
But yes pretty poor performances.

Bro let go of your obsession with Misbah. As I said, many brains have come after him and Rizwan is still opening. We have a new chairman again and pretty soon another new head coach. Rizwan will still end up opening.

If it was broken, why wouldn't smarter people than you and I, who make a livelihood out of cricket not fix the problem?

Bro let go of your obsession with Misbah. As I said, many brains have come after him and Rizwan is still opening. We have a new chairman again and pretty soon another new head coach. Rizwan will still end up opening.

If it was broken, why wouldn't smarter people than you and I, who make a livelihood out of cricket not fix the problem?

Misbah came up with the RizBar opening combination. Anything that comes from him and anyone who's on his good side, you automatically approve. Anyone who Misbah doesn't get on with (for e.g. Amir), you automatically disapprove.

I'm not the one who's obsessed.

Rizwan, yes. Babar, no. He was setting a target with wickets falling all around him
I would say a no for Riz as well. Yasir was scoring quickly at the other end. Nothing wrong in trying to stitch a good opening partnership in a smallish chase. Can't look at everything from SR perspective.
If Multan were batting first I would rate that as a poor knock.

*Ifti hits a 4
Amir Sohail: "Iftikhar is making a statement, why havn't you finished already, it's not a hard pitch to bat on"
@Mohraheem

Shaheen at the match probably suggests he will remain captain.

Looking at his Pakistan team players play

Misbah came up with the RizBar opening combination. Anything that comes from him and anyone who's on his good side, you automatically approve. Anyone who Misbah doesn't get on with (for e.g. Amir), you automatically disapprove.

I'm not the one who's obsessed.

You mistake me. I like certain characteristics in players. Misbah and Rizwan have similar characteristics that's why I like both of them.

Both are limited players that have worked hard and figured out how to get the best out of their skills. Most times they perform better than the "talented" bunch. The two think deeply about the game, don't compromise on fitness and give two hoots about criticism. They just keep their head down and do what they think is best for the team.

On top of that they're extremely very good human beings.

Compare that to Amir. I liked Amir and even was supportive of his comeback after the spot fixing scandal. But he back stabbed Pakistan again after all we did for him. Since then his toxic personality is on display for everyone. And that cringe smile, how can anyone like him

I would say a no for Riz as well. Yasir was scoring quickly at the other end. Nothing wrong in trying to stitch a good opening partnership in a smallish chase. Can't look at everything from SR perspective.
If Multan were batting first I would rate that as a poor knock.

Yeah agreed it was modern innings from Riz to complement Babar's knock.

You mistake me. I like certain characteristics in players. Misbah and Rizwan have similar characteristics that's why I like both of them.

Both are limited players that have worked hard and figured out how to get the best out of their skills. Most times they perform better than the "talented" bunch. The two think deeply about the game, don't compromise on fitness and give two hoots about criticism. They just keep their head down and do what they think is best for the team.

On top of that they're extremely very good human beings.

Compare that to Amir. I liked Amir and even was supportive of his comeback after the spot fixing scandal. But he back stabbed Pakistan again after all we did for him. Since then his toxic personality is on display for everyone. And that cringe smile, how can anyone like him

I don't like what Amir did but how can you say "how can anyone like him?". He played an instrumental role in winning Pakistan 2 x ICC tournaments. I'm not saying you have to like him but we can at least be grateful rather than holding a grudge like Misbah does.

15 off 21

Test Championship mindset

Only in Pakistan, is a 15 off 21 run knock in a T20 is regarded as a non-failure. Sums up the difference in mindset between our minnow minded fans and our neighbours.

Babar Azam: 46 runs off 42 balls. Strike rate of 110
Muhammad Rizwan: 15 runs off 21 balls: Strike rate of 71

RizBar: 61 runs off 63 balls. strike rate under 100

MISBAH
fans: "Pakistan cannot survive without Babar and Rizwan"
fixed

Back