Islamabad United (169/3) secure a convincing 7-wicket victory over Karachi Kings (165/5) in Match 15 of PSL 9

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated points table of PSL 9 after 14 games:

4zdGDnv.png

In today’s game, the 15th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024, the National Stadium in Karachi will witness a clash between the Karachi Kings and Islamabad United.

The Kings, led by Shan Masood, enter the match with momentum from their consecutive victories, while Shadab Khan’s Islamabad United aims to bounce back after three consecutive defeats.

Head-to-Head Record:​
  • Total Matches: 20​
  • Karachi Kings Wins: 6​
  • Islamabad United Wins: 14​
CZkvZQ9.png

Squads:

Islamabad United
Squad: Jordan Cox, Colin Munro, Shadab Khan(c), Agha Salman, Azam Khan(w), Haider Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Hunain Shah, Naseem Shah, Tymal Mills, Alex Hales, Rumman Raees, Obed McCoy, Qasim Akram, Shamyl Hussain, Ubaid Shah, Shahab Khan, Martin Guptill

Karachi Kings Squad: Shan Masood(c), Muhammad Akhlaq(w), James Vince, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Nawaz, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Sams, Irfan Khan, Hasan Ali, Mir Hamza, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tim Seifert, Anwar Ali, Leus du Plooy, Blessing Muzarabani, Mohammad Aamir Khan, Zahid Mahmood, Sirajuddin, Arafat Minhas, Muhammad Rohid Khan, Saad Baig, Fawad Ali

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

TeamsMatWonLostPointsNet RR
MS651101.154
QG43160.345
PZ5326-0.285
KK3214-0.420
IU4132-0.082
LQ6060-0.948

I will be rooting for Islamabad to win this game. It's burgers vs biryani. Let's see.

Perfect kind of match for me, I don’t mind if any of these two teams loses

Still, Karachi or Islamabad? I guess you will take islamabad, no?
I like Mir Hamza and Akhlaq. Always rooting for these two.

I would personally like Azam to do well too.

Lost hope in Imad, he doesn’t want to play competitive cricket anymore.

I always have a soft corner for Karachi in general, but Haider Azhar influence makes me dislike it. So I’ll go with IU, although I’m sick of Shadab’s selfish antics

I like Mir Hamza and Akhlaq. Always rooting for these two.

I would personally like Azam to do well too.

Lost hope in Imad, he doesn’t want to play competitive cricket anymore.

I always have a soft corner for Karachi in general, but Haider Azhar influence makes me dislike it. So I’ll go with IU, although I’m sick of Shadab’s selfish antics
I knew it. Well, Islamabad has the team to win this game. I guess, they should drop Imad and include any other young gun waiting on the bench.

I think only top 3 teams should have proceeded to playoffs. Out of 6 teams, 4 qualifying for the playoffs make the league stage less interesting.

Toss Update: Islamabad United won the toss and decided to bowl first.

Chal Naseem knock the poles out of Shan Masood my boy!

Disappointing crowd in Karachi as usual considering the fact that almost all games in Lahore and Multan went houseful

Karachi should not be allowed to host more than 4-5 games each season of PSL.. give it to Cities like Faislabad or Gujranwala to attract more crowd and interest.. karachites are simply not interested in watching cricket

Karachi should not be allowed to host more than 4-5 games each season of PSL.. give it to Cities like Faislabad or Gujranwala to attract more crowd and interest.. karachites are simply not interested in watching cricket
Was it like that last year as well?

Madi Bhai strikes. Can't keep a good man down for long

Brilliant stumping from Azam too. The better he keeps in the tournament, the weaker Rizwan's strangehold on the team becomes

Madi Bhai strikes. Can't keep a good man down for long

Brilliant stumping from Azam too. The better he keeps in the tournament, the weaker Rizwan's strangehold on the team becomes
The signs were there yesterday when Rizwan took off the gloves

Top start by Imad

Beautiful powerplay bowler when utilised properly

Just like Legwan and Zimbabar should stay away from any form of T20 cricket

I get your point with Rizwan: average of 31 with a SR of only 121 this PSL.
But Babar has been playing well, average of 83 with a SR of 151

Was it like that last year as well?

I think it has been the case for quite long now. And some YouTube influencers defended it by saying that the whole experience of going to ground was awful.. i think thats an excuse.. even in Lahore , security measures are hard on spectators..i myself watched NZ vs Pak last year in Qaddafi and had to walk at least 2 km to reach the venue from parking.. still people come in numbers.. not sure whats wrong with Karachi crowd.. probably they want an experience of Lords Cricket ground lol

Disappointing crowd in Karachi as usual considering the fact that almost all games in Lahore and Multan went houseful
Even in international matches, attendance in Karachi isn't the best. They shouldn't host matches if the crowd there aren't interested in cricket.

3 players have no business opening the innings in T20 cricket:

Babar
Rizwan
Shan

Salman Iqbal must be regretting this decision to remove Sharjeel for Shan

3 players have no business opening the innings in T20 cricket:

Babar
Rizwan
Shan
Brother come on don't lump Shan with those two stat padders

On the big stage Shan has always done well. He was the only guy to score 50 vs India and in the final of the 22 WC.

Could he improve his striking sure but unlike Babar and Rizwan he can anchor at a decent pace and does not choke on the big stage. If partnered with Saim or Sharjeel with guys like Saud, Azam and Nafay in the middle than he can be the very good anchor people think Rizwan and Babar are

Brother come on don't lump Shan with those two stat padders

On the big stage Shan has always done well. He was the only guy to score 50 vs India and in the final of the 22 WC.

Could he improve his striking sure but unlike Babar and Rizwan he can anchor at a decent pace and does not choke on the big stage. If partnered with Saim or Sharjeel with guys like Saud, Azam and Nafay in the middle than he can be the very good anchor people think Rizwan and Babar are
I get your point but I respectfully do not believe Shan should be opening.

Play at 3 to anchor the innings if you like, when an early wicket falls. Opening isn’t for guys who are incapable of targeting every ball of the powerplay for boundaries.

Quite a big round, but its shorter at fine leg and thrid man. So I guess you won't want to ball too many short balls from the pavilion end anyway. And batters will be looking to scoop

k1GXB4z.png

I don’t understand Shadab

Why is he bowling like an absolute coward? Just be brave and bowl to the big boundary with some proper spin!

Shan 15* off 17 in the powerplay on this wicket

There were probably 4 balls that were juicy and full that he could have hit for 4, but just went for singles or were dots. I'm a fan of Masood, but he needs to get out and let Pollard face max balls.

I don’t understand Shadab

Why is he bowling like an absolute coward? Just be brave and bowl to the big boundary with some proper spin!

Isn't bowling to the smaller side brave haha
coward would be if he was bowling the bigger side
he needs to bowl with more brains

Does anyone know if Alistair Cook was Essex T20 opener?

Azam missed an easy one. Lucky for him du Ploy was dismissed next ball by Salman

aVlJCiC.png

Good running from Malik, sprinting 2 with the ball to Long off

Free hit for Masood
let's see if he can take this oppertunity to improve his sr haha

What was the need to come around the wicket?

Typical Pakistan brain fart pacers

22 Naseem

20 Hunain

18 Ubaid

Excellent strike rate by Senior Shah Sab

I think I know why there is no crowd in Karachi now after this slow innings from Masood

Why would the Karachi crowd come to watch this?

Sharjeel Khan was removed for this rubbish?

Haider Azhar Jahaaz

Ya Allah, please keep this fraud away from influencing the national side ever!

The problem with Zing bails is:

They light up as soon as the stumps are disturbed…not necessarily when they are dislodged from the stumps

Back