Multan Sultans (145/5) beat Islamabad United (144/10) in a thrilling encounter by 5 wickets in Match 5 of PSL 9

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Multan Sultans aim to maintain their winning streak as they face an upbeat Islamabad United in the 5th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024 today on Tuesday (February 20). The game will be held at the Multan Cricket Stadium in Multan.

Mohammad Rizwan’s Multan Sultans enter the match with confidence after a convincing 55-run victory against Karachi Kings. Meanwhile, Shadab Khan’s Islamabad United are riding high from an impressive 8-wicket win in the tournament opener against Lahore Qalandars.

cOcrt10.png

Squads:

Multan Sultans
Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Dawid Malan, Reeza Hendricks, Khushdil Shah, Yasir Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, David Willey, Usama Mir, Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Ali, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Khan, Chris Jordan, Tayyab Tahir, Mohammad Shahzad, Faisal Akram, Aftab Ibrahim

Islamabad United Squad: Colin Munro, Alex Hales, Shadab Khan(c), Agha Salman, Azam Khan(w), Haider Ali, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Naseem Shah, Tymal Mills, Ubaid Shah, Rumman Raees, Jordan Cox, Qasim Akram, Shamyl Hussain, Hunain Shah, Shahab Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

I will go with Islamabad united for this game. They look much more dangerous on paper. Want to see Naseem and ubaid doing good.

Toss: MS have won the toss and choose to bowl.

Playing XIs of MS and IU today.
IMG-20240220-WA0013.jpg

A preview of the final, the best two teams playing.

Multan almost robbed of Munro's wicket by poor umpiring as Mohammad Ali gets the last laugh

Khushdil is an awfull catcher...how many drops has their been in 4 matches already can somebody work out.

As suspected Salman struggles against pace. He just doesn't have the power game against them.

Salman Ali Agha almost playing a run a ball knock today. Cox the aggressor at the moment.

Azam ll win u one match in 10 but will surely contribute in losing the other 9. Pathetic scenes for a cricketer

The only supporters Moins son must have are burger joint owners. In cricketing sense how can anyone support him zero talent.

No they think he's the messiah that Pakistan needs for their power hitting woes 🤡 @Rana I remember you being a big advocate of his. Still are? I ask this genuinely and curiously and want to know your views since his international comeback series in NZ

No they think he's the messiah that Pakistan needs for their power hitting woes 🤡 @Rana I remember you being a big advocate of his. Still are? I ask this genuinely and curiously and want to know your views since his international comeback series in NZ
What’s your Pakistan batting order?

great over from Abbas Afridi, 2 wickets and 1 run in the 19th over

naseem ran that so slowly, doesn't look 100% fit

"Everytime Mohammad Ali takes a wicket he looks at his watch, and says its daisy time" lolllllllllllll
why are our boys so cringe

Ball is seaming. I am sure 145 will not be easy to chase on this wicket.
Let's see if Naseem and his bother can exploit these conditions. One is green and the other is not at his best.

Imad seems uninterested. Gone are the days when people tried to perform to be in contention to represent their country. Now its just some bucks and okay i ll be there.

Imad needs to wake up

Yes he isn’t hungry anymore but this casual approach is pathetic

Naseem is looking great, he may not be bowling express. but he is getting a lot of movement.

So far Faheem and Naseem are bowling about the same pace, about 134 haha

Excellent from Naseem. Lots of backspin revs and pace . Only thing lacking is accuracy.

Only player who from outside the squad who would have made any difference for Pakistan at the World Cup.

Naseem i feel balls tad too short to get edges as often
Hence he gets more oos and aaas then real wickets.

What are these weird bowling changes by Shadab?

No Imad in the powerplay but 3 overs from Faheem and Ubaid

Mills bowling 8th over but Ubaid trusted with 6th over of powerplay

Bizarre captaincy

Imad drops another one, Hendricks this time.
He has become another Abudllah Shafique

Wus9Qzs.png

Shadab not confident to bat or bowl today?

What’s he waiting for? Khusdhil to come in at the crease?

what a garbage player imad wasim is. Two drop catches

Back