Islamabad United (151/5) defeat Karachi Kings (150/7) by 5 wickets in the Match 24 of PSL 9

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated Point table after 23 games of PSL 9:

xyEqAQj.png

Islamabad United (ISL) and Karachi Kings (KAR) are set to face off in the 24th match of the ongoing Pakistan Super League 2024. The match is scheduled for today, Thursday, March 7, at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

Coming off a 29-run victory against Peshawar Zalmi, Islamabad United currently holds the fourth position, with three wins out of their seven matches. Conversely, Karachi Kings, who recently broke their streak of three losses with a seven-wicket win against Quetta Gladiators, are just behind United in the standings, also with three victories in seven matches.

AQ9TVFj.jpeg

Squads:

Islamabad United
Squad: Alex Hales, Colin Munro, Agha Salman, Shadab Khan(c), Azam Khan(w), Jordan Cox, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Hunain Shah, Naseem Shah, Rumman Raees, Martin Guptill, Tymal Mills, Obed McCoy, Haider Ali, Qasim Akram, Shamyl Hussain, Ubaid Shah, Shahab Khan

Karachi Kings Squad: Shan Masood(c), Tim Seifert(w), James Vince, Shoaib Malik, Irfan Khan, Kieron Pollard, Mohammad Nawaz, Hasan Ali, Mir Hamza, Zahid Mahmood, Blessing Muzarabani, Anwar Ali, Imran Tahir, Leus du Plooy, Daniel Sams, Mohammad Aamir Khan, Muhammad Akhlaq, Sirajuddin, Arafat Minhas, Muhammad Rohid Khan, Fawad Ali

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staff etc.

2. No making fun of players', official's, or coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, or their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Islamabad United will be feeling like they will be in big trouble if they lose this game. Islamabad should be winning this one IMO.

Karachi's confidence will be full of confidence after they defeated Quetta earlier. It will be a belter of a game coming up in the evening.

Naseem seems to be injured
It's all Shaheen's fault haha
This is Karachi's best chance to try to qualify

Toss Update:

Islamabad United have won the toss and are fielding first

Shadab saying that Naseem is "resting" is making the commentators laugh. clearly injured otherwise he would be playing this crunch game

“Shan needs to be a little bit more careful about his innings”

-Ramiz Raja

*its T20 cricket. He opens in the powerplay. What does it mean to be more careful? Strike rate of 50 instead of 100?

I am excited to see this new West Indian lad go

New bowler,

Again Shadab’s stupidity as captain exposed. Perfect chance to get Imad to bowl the first over and settle in.

New bowler,

Again Shadab’s stupidity as captain exposed. Perfect chance to get Imad to bowl the first over and settle in.

Risky to bowl the left arm spinner against the in-form left handed gun opener that is shan :)

you don’t get guys like Shan, Babar and Rizwan out

Let them eat up 40-50 balls for 60-70 runs

Masood 10 (11) ufff and out to Faheem. That's how bad his form has been

With Masood out, Karachi can look to play with more possibility.
IU without Naseem, and KK without Masood and 15 overs to go -- This is Karachi's best chance

The rhino behind the wicket can barley move world must be laughing at pak cricket.

Shadab should be bowling himself now.

Not sure what he is waiting for? He’s going to hide when Pollard comes in as well

Waiting for @PakEngFan come in and drop a sarri hui comment when Imad gets out for a poor score

Right now, nowhere to be seen when Imad is having a good game whilst match winner deserts his side

Nawaz played such a horrid shot as well. No brains

Nawaz played such a horrid shot as well. No brains
Watch tonight in the pavilion

The panel will have a soft corner when criticising Shan Masood for his string of failures but they will tear into Nawaz and ridicule him.

4 overs 1-18 in a must win game basically

Where are you hiding @PakEngFan ? A bit like Shadab Hiding with the ball?

Imad finished well against his former franchise 1/18

Vince had no feet movement

But now it looks like his feet are cemented to the ground

Pollard smacks Shadab for this third six off the same bowler.

Let's see if Pollard can tear into Faheem in his last over of his spell

Faheem 'McGrath' Ashraf ends up with 2/16 in 4 overs.
NBLrc65.png

Masood 10 (11) ufff and out to Faheem. That's how bad his form has been
He was always mediocre. The dude is an opener to top order batsmen but has the worst average as an opener in history.

Shan masood is the analogy I always use to explain nepotism vs Networking.

Networking is when someone gets favoured via connections however they have the skills needed to succeed.

Nepotism is when someone gets favoured but was never good enough.

Shan has always been a one hit wonder who will maybe get to a 50 score once in a blue moon and then perish or just get put even before that.

Edit: When I say worst average in history, I don't mean literally, but you get the point.

Islamabad United:

Rubbish cricket, followed by good cricket, followed by rubbish cricket, followed by good cricket…

all in a space of overs

4 overs 1-18 in a must win game basically

Where are you hiding @PakEngFan ? A bit like Shadab Hiding with the ball?
First good performance after a million of chances and to reply to your previous post, Imad is a nothing cricketer and there is nothing for me hide from a rubbish cricketer like him. I have a job too.

First good performance after a million of chances and to reply to your previous post, Imad is a nothing cricketer and there is nothing for me hide from a rubbish cricketer like him. I have a job too.
You don’t seem to have a job when Imad gets out or is spanked around the park?

The funnies is hearting the crowd chant "Babar" everytime the ball goes to Imad

He was always mediocre. The dude is an opener to top order batsmen but has the worst average as an opener in history.

Shan masood is the analogy I always use to explain nepotism vs Networking.

Networking is when someone gets favoured via connections however they have the skills needed to succeed.

Nepotism is when someone gets favoured but was never good enough.

Shan has always been a one hit wonder who will maybe get to a 50 score once in a blue moon and then perish or just get put even before that.

Edit: When I say worst average in history, I don't mean literally, but you get the point.
It doesn't make sense to me how Shareel and Ahmed Shahzad didn't get picked but Masood did. So many better choices out there

The funnies is hearting the crowd chant "Babar" everytime the ball goes to Imad
It’s because Imad exposed Babar’s selfish nature to the world, only for Pakistan to suffer because of it at the world stage. They are traumatised by this truth

It doesn't make sense to me how Shareel and Ahmed Shahzad didn't get picked but Masood did. So many better choices out there
Masood didn’t get picked. He didn’t even go in the draft. He was given a red carpet entry into KK as captain through a trade. That’s the privilege he is afforded

Naseem has been a superstar for Pakistan cricket?

What has Naseem done to be a superstar?

lol shan with his pads still on in the 20th over of KK's innings

VkkkO6n.png

Just like you don't have a job when Babar and rizwan perform.
No my job really is to bring those selfish openers down whether they perform or not. Because they never actually perform if they score runs

That’s the difference

Karachi end their innings at 150/7, even though IU didn't have Naseem
Poor show by them and they will need some magic with the ball if they are going to put IU under pressure

Apologies if this message is a little long:-

Because shan masood is a product of nepotism as I said. He's their cause of his dad.

In the case of Ahmed shezad, firstly he's also a product of nepotism, but not as much as shan, shehzad doesn't have connections and initially got to the top via skills and good performance, but when he came onto the scene he never improved.

If you look at kohli from 2013 who while good at spin and medium was clueless against outswing and inswing, and the kohli of today big difference, but shehzad since day 1 had the same problem, he clearly had strike rotation problems but just never developed stroke play.

But Shahzad was persisted with for years as shahid afridi liked him and gave him a push, while discarding superior options at the time like sami aslam who outperformed him in Bangladesh series( this was before sami's bad test form and defection to usa btw, this was when he was avg 100+ in domestic ans was even outperforming babar while shehzad in those tournaments was no where close),

Shan on the other hand is the example of peak nepotism, he doesn't have players favouring, he has a very very powerful and Influential board member willing to break any rules, I mean his dad literally called babar last year and told him that imam/ fakhar need to be rested and shan must play some games.

Regardless, I don't hate networking, I would be a hypocrite if I did since most of my jobs I've gotten in high areas have been due to family/ friend connections as well, so who am I to judge someone like kohli who got in thanks to connections.

But I do have an issue with nepotism, cause again people who enter via networking got the skills, People who enter via nepotism don't, big difference.

So to recap: If you don't understand why shan keeps getting in let alone being the captain, its cause big ol daddy thinks his son is skilled when in reality he ain't.

No my job really is to bring those selfish openers down whether they perform or not. Because they never actually perform if they score runs

That’s the difference
I think rizwan opened full time in t20 domestic league before he came onto the international scene.

Again I still never understood why fakhar or Sharjeel weren't tried at the time they were opening full time and full members,

But the justification of rizwan becoming an opener is likely cause he had experience and misbah who was coach at the time just doesn't like X factors, he clearly has a habit of 1992 style approach.

I think rizwan opened full time in t20 domestic league before he came onto the international scene.

Again I still never understood why fakhar or Sharjeel weren't tried at the time they were opening full time and full members,

But the justification of rizwan becoming an opener is likely cause he had experience and misbah who was coach at the time just doesn't like X factors, he clearly has a habit of 1992 style approach.
Who would you like to see open in the T20 WC

Who would you like to see open in the T20 WC
Tbh idk, the thing is, I prefer X factor players so I never understood the decision of why rizwan replaced fakhar/ Sharjeel even if they were inconsistent AT THE TIME.

However Rizwan and babar did a decent job at t20 opening, its just the issue with them was, that if they didnt gell together in some matches, then they would cripple the team since theyd waste like 4 or more overs.

We only chased if they batted through which they did reliably but obviously no player can perform everytime.

Problem is, ever since the rizzu babar pair got broken, babar is doing better at no 3, but rizwan has clearly flopped and saim hasn't been the best.

Fakhar I like but he hasn't kicked off in t20 and he's doing better at no 4.

So the thing is

Option A: Bring babar and rizwan back at opening. Pros include a pair who've opened and have chased reliably, but the con includes that these 2 cripple games if they don't kick off, 202q aussie semi final and 2022 wc being prime examples.

Option B: Stick with saim and rizzu, which has not worked.

Option C: Fakhar and Saim/Rizzu open, But past records show fakhar has yet to replicate his odi X factor magic in t20 and rizwan is weak without babar( his own words not mine) and saim hasn't kicked off.

Option D: Try someone new like saud whos opened this psl or other psl openers bit for a world cup thats risky as hell.

SO ik it's a cop out, but I seriously do not know fam.

Tbh idk, the thing is, I prefer X factor players so I never understood the decision of why rizwan replaced fakhar/ Sharjeel even if they were inconsistent AT THE TIME.

However Rizwan and babar did a decent job at t20 opening, its just the issue with them was, that if they didnt gell together in some matches, then they would cripple the team since theyd waste like 4 or more overs.

We only chased if they batted through which they did reliably but obviously no player can perform everytime.

Problem is, ever since the rizzu babar pair got broken, babar is doing better at no 3, but rizwan has clearly flopped and saim hasn't been the best.

So the thing is

Option A: Bring babar and rizwan back at opening. Pros include a pair who've opened and have chased reliably, but the con includes that these 2 cripple games if they don't kick off, 202q aussie semi final and 2022 wc being prime examples.

Option C: Fakhar and Saim/Rizzu open, But past records show fakhar has yet to replicate his odi X factor magic in t20 and rizwan is weak without babar( his own words not mine) and saim hasn't kicked off.

Option D: Try someone new like saud whos opened this psl or other psl openers bit for a world cup thats risky as hell.

Lol I just realised, India vs Pakistan world cup 2024 is on my bday.

I hope we win, but I have a feeling my bday present is gonna be sour as hell 🤣🤣🤣.

So the thing is

hahah 4 options is a bit of a cop-out :ROFLMAO:
Personally, I like Babar & Saim as openers. They seem to have good chemistry at PZ and Riz could come in later

Lol I just realised, India vs Pakistan world cup 2024 is on my bday.

I hope we win, but I have a feeling my bday present is gonna be sour as hell 🤣🤣🤣.
Bet a bit of money on India as an emotional hedge. that's what I always do. So even if pak lose, at least I get something

Bet a bit of money on India as an emotional hedge. that's what I always do. So even if pak lose, at least I get something
I mean sure, but like idk fam, India winning on my special day? I don't think money is gonna change that. Chalo, I'll cut the bday cake before the match and I'll blow the candles for Pakistan victory.

That’s the difference
And my job is to remind posters of rubbish cricketers like Imad who think they are superstar while they are not fit to tie shoe laces of players like Babar and rizwan.

hahah 4 options is a bit of a cop-out :ROFLMAO:
Personally, I like Babar & Saim as openers. They seem to have good chemistry at PZ and Riz could come in later
🤣🤣, I meant cop out as in I didn't give you a solid answer.

But yh babar and saim would be my pick too. I agree with you.

fingers crossed m8

I mean sure, but like idk fam, India winning on my special day? I don't think money is gonna change that. Chalo, I'll cut the bday cake before the match and I'll blow the candles for Pakistan victory.

Uff Shan's wild throw saved Shadab from getting runout.

Rubbish umpire

He had to wait for the clock to tick down and then call the wide

Feel for Islamabad here

Enjoying this bit of aggression between the 2 captains:

nprgSFb.png

Back