Karachi Kings (179/7) defeat their arch rivals Lahore Qalandars (177/5) by 3 wickets to keep their hopes alive for the PSL 9 play-offs qualification

Abdullah "Maxwell" Shafique

r8fv3hj.png

go on Shaheen

Misuse that power just like all Saya corps clients do boy!

haha love how Shaheen promotes himself above Wise and Raza

That’s ok Shaheen

Do what all these captains do: misuse power

Shan is the type of guy who gets to inherit and become the ceo of his daddy's company only to bankrupt said company and wonder how could things go wrong?

I hate nepotism so much, probs the luckiest cricketer to ever be captain of our side.
tbh i don't mind him as captain of our Test team. He seemed like he had better strategies compared to Babar.

Not just the captains everyone in Pakistan who has power does so it's nothing new.
Well, before Babar and Rizwan started the trend in cricket…it only remained with people doing it, not national cricketers

Abdullah 50 (36), after a really slow start. Let's see how he goes in the death overs. I'm curious to see if he can really up it

Good comeback from LQ in the end with Raza and Wise rescuing them. KK have a bland batting line up so 177 should be enough I think.

tbh i don't mind him as captain of our Test team. He seemed like he had better strategies compared to Babar.
Respectfully disagree,

In 2017 we won champions trophy but later dropped sarfraz simply because the team was losing, declining and the captains own lack of form, fitness was deteriorating, it didn't help that Sarfraz's batting order was unclear and that he kept shouting or causing drama on the field.

Shan is no different except he doesn't even have a trophy to boot. Batting wise he hasn't shown results besides maybe a one hit wonder 50 here and their once in a blue moon. It's not like he's shown results as a captain either, we lost all 3 games on the dot against Australia. The only excuse fans can make is that it was his first tenure or that our team is inexperienced or that we suck in Australia but let's be honest their excuses.

In this psl he hasn't shown or done anything, karachi is barely alive at this point and he tends to get into fueds as well just like sarfi did.

So we dropped sarfi for the same criteria but are keeping shan for the exact same criteria?

Babar was a bad captain but I can understand why he was made captain because he was and arguably still is our best bat to date minus fakhar's occasional wonders. Similarly sarfraz wasn't the best player but he had a portfolio of being a succesful captain for a short stint as well as occasional heroics during the 2015 World cup.

Shan has neither the portfolio, nor the ability and unlike bevuma who the south african dug out respects so at the very least he's justifiable as a captain, no one in pur dug out respects Shan one bit. Babar made that clear when he was captain that he was forced. Other openers like fakhar, Imam made that clear as well.

Kamran ghulam is far better bowler than this rubbish bhatti. I can't believe some of the players they pick. They guy bhatti can't even get into any of the domestic teams but here he is playing ahead of Kamran ghulam.

Typical Lahore bowlers

Start off the spell with a boundary

Respectfully disagree,

In 2017 we won champions trophy but later dropped sarfraz simply because the team was losing, declining and the captains own lack of form, fitness was deteriorating, it didn't help that Sarfraz's batting order was unclear and that he kept shouting or causing drama on the field.

Shan is no different except he doesn't even have a trophy to boot. Batting wise he hasn't shown results besides maybe a one hit wonder 50 here and their once in a blue moon. It's not like he's shown results as a captain either, we lost all 3 games on the dot against Australia. The only excuse fans can make is that it was his first tenure or that our team is inexperienced or that we suck in Australia but let's be honest their excuses.

In this psl he hasn't shown or done anything, karachi is barely alive at this point and he tends to get into fueds as well just like sarfi did.

So we dropped sarfi for the same criteria but are keeping shan for the exact same criteria?

Babar was a bad captain but I can understand why he was made captain because he was and arguably still is our best bat to date minus fakhar's occasional wonders. Similarly sarfraz wasn't the best player but he had a portfolio of being a succesful captain for a short stint as well as occasional heroics during the 2015 World cup.

Shan has neither the portfolio, nor the ability and unlike bevuma who the south african dug out respects so at the very least he's justifiable as a captain, no one in pur dug out respects Shan one bit. Babar made that clear when he was captain that he was forced. Other openers like fakhar, Imam made that clear as well.

I get your point, but I think the circumstances between Sarfaraz and Shan are different.

Shan was only appointed captain after Babar's meh WC performance. I agree that Shan doesn't have much basis to be Test test captain except that he captained a couple of county teams. And TBH he probably only captained Yorkshire because they wanted a brown captain as a PR move after allegations of racism in their club. But regardless, I liked his aggression in Aus and some of his strategies. Pak had a good chance of winning the 2nd test down under but their fielding really let them down badly.

As for PSL, he has batted terribly. His captaincy has been okay-ish. kk have a terrible squad and imo i like the way he has rotated his bowlers a lot and some of his fielding placments. And tbh i do like his fueds, makes it more fun to watch.

No swing today for SSA. 176 is looking like a small target now

It always annoys me how Osaka gives prizes to the people that lose as well.

BzgfQY5.png

Decent first over by Jahandad ruined by that pathetic piece of fielding by Shaheen

One captain promotes himself in the batting order because he thinks he is a supreme batter
One captain demotes himself because he knows he isnt'

Tayyab Abbas looks like the type of bowler Pollard would tonk all day every day

RRR right now is 8.88
watch is jump up exponentially now

Tayyab Abbas not doing anything to comfort foreigners in pakistan

RKKgjFz.png

I get your point, but I think the circumstances between Sarfaraz and Shan are different.

Shan was only appointed captain after Babar's meh WC performance. I agree that Shan doesn't have much basis to be Test test captain except that he captained a couple of county teams. And TBH he probably only captained Yorkshire because they wanted a brown captain as a PR move after allegations of racism in their club. But regardless, I liked his aggression in Aus and some of his strategies. Pak had a good chance of winning the 2nd test down under but their fielding really let them down badly.

As for PSL, he has batted terribly. His captaincy has been okay-ish. kk have a terrible squad and imo i like the way he has rotated his bowlers a lot and some of his fielding placments. And tbh i do like his fueds, makes it more fun to watch.
The problem that I have with his feuds is that every player can just shut him up by saying

" Tu apna bhoota to dekh" which obviously doesn't apply for good players such as babar, Babar even if he's a bad captain can scold and talk down to players and players will listen cause babar despite his frustrating sr is clearly the most rounded established batsmen for Pakistan. Even if you're a babar hater, you can't deny his achievements are far far superior to anyone in our current circuit.

As for strategies are concerned, any player given enough time and education can formulate strategies but that doesn't justify anything. Misbah's fielding strategies were on point and he was great, but fans hate misbah for clear politcal reasons, similarly Sarfraz's strategies were decent enough in that 2017 was great and 2019 wc campaign was not as disastrous as 2023 wc( although bowling fakhar to pandya in 2017 final was dumb), but fans still wanted sarfi gone due to form, a poor 2018 run etc.

My point is, none of this matters, at the end of the day here are the stats

Performance wise Shan is abysmal and doesn't even warrant a place in the squad.

Results wise, We lost 3 matches on the dot in his first captaincy tenure.

Also let me wager something today, in terms of strategy, what are the odds that Shan masood will take KK home and over the line

The problem that I have with his feuds is that every player can just shut him up by saying

" Tu apna bhoota to dekh" which obviously doesn't apply for good players such as babar, Babar even if he's a bad captain can scold and talk down to players and players will listen cause babar despite his frustrating sr is clearly the most rounded established batsmen for Pakistan. Even if you're a babar hater, you can't deny his achievements are far far superior to anyone in our current circuit.

As for strategies are concerned, any player given enough time and education can formulate strategies but that doesn't justify anything. Misbah's fielding strategies were on point and he was great, but fans hate misbah for clear politcal reasons, similarly Sarfraz's strategies were decent enough in that 2017 was great and 2019 wc campaign was not as disastrous as 2023 wc( although bowling fakhar to pandya in 2017 final was dumb), but fans still wanted sarfi gone due to form, a poor 2018 run etc.

My point is, none of this matters, at the end of the day here are the stats

Performance wise Shan is abysmal and doesn't even warrant a place in the squad.

Results wise, We lost 3 matches on the dot in his first captaincy tenure.

Yes, performance-wise, he doesn't deserve a place in the side. But to be fair to him, he has one hell of a List-A record, but as ODI's become irrelevant and as he is already 34 I think we need to look to the future.

I just liked his strategies. I think he did better than Shaheen as T20 skipper. T20 is probably our strongest format and Shaheen lost 4-1 in NZ and has lost like 6-7 PSL games and LQ was the first team to get knocked out.

Also let me wager something today, in terms of strategy, what are the odds that Shan masood will take KK home and over the line
In this game or in PSL 9?
His decision to come at #3 was ok, he should have probably demoted himself lower though

In this game or in PSL 9?
His decision to come at #3 was ok, he should have probably demoted himself lower though
No bro, in this game, what are the odds Shan will take KK home? My guess is if he takes KK home, then I'm changing my name and converting to Christianity.

Why are Lahore Qalandars so sloppy in the field?

This is what happens when you have 5-6 PDP amateurs in the side

Yes, performance-wise, he doesn't deserve a place in the side. But to be fair to him, he has one hell of a List-A record, but as ODI's become irrelevant and as he is already 34 I think we need to look to the future.

I just liked his strategies. I think he did better than Shaheen as T20 skipper. T20 is probably our strongest format and Shaheen lost 4-1 in NZ and has lost like 6-7 PSL games and LQ was the first team to get knocked out.
See thats the thing, I don't understand how he achieved that record?

I never saw him play or found any footage? That list A record is a greater mystery then the zodiac.

Tbh Shan was looking the most threatening he has ever been in his life today

Bhai, he has to take KK home, I'll dump my head in Holy water when the time comes, which it won't.
ahahha, looks like you don't need to water board yourself anytime soon. Still, 24 (16) at #3 is a lot less worse than we have seen from him

@Asad T

Make sure you cancel the ceremony . I'm never losing any bets with shan 😂, I don't think anyone is lol.

ahahha, looks like you don't need to water board yourself anytime soon. Still, 24 (16) at #3 is a lot less worse than we have seen from him

Tbf he has hit 50's in odi's here and their. It's just that's his maximum range lol. Nothing beyond that I'm afraid. In t20 his maximum range is 25 and bas.

He should've been given an over instead of Pollard.

In the end it worked. Fakhar got out in that Pollard over (albeit run out) and Pollard didn't bowl again after that. Arafat should have bowled an over or 2 after Fakhar was out, but not when Fakar was in the middle.

Man I haven't seen pollard play in a while, but I'm pretty sure he's a has been now.

Seifert is also going so slow. Inspired by his captain?
He'll have to step it up with the rr at 10-ish
Malik can't really hit these days against quality bowling

Wiese should bowl one after Tayyab

And then Shaheen and Zaman to close out

Back