"Imran Khan told me those players [Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas etc] are indeed great but the quality we see in Babar Azam is incomparable": Basit Ali

Time for basit sahab to close his channel. Babar struck three sixes back to back. But yeah, I know he said against top team, he said. But babar has played a good match-winning inning. Good to see some ball hitting from babar. He needed that inning badly.
The day babar hits 3 sixes in an over let alone a match against top sides and top bowling attacks. Wake me up from my dream, cause it ain't happening

Basit Ali on his YouTube channel lauded Kirsten’s commitment to allowing Babar to play his natural game:

"Kirsten, who has not even joined the team, has said that he will not try to change Babar Azam. He wants the captain to play as he is and that is what Babar needs."

“Saim Ayub and Fakhar Zaman should learn from Kirsten as much as they can because Kirsten was an amazing top-order batter and he can teach a lot to these two batters."

“Babar Azam needs to learn how to hit the ball in the middle of the wicket more. If Babar learns this, he will leave all the other top-order batters in the world behind.”

Basit Ali speaking on his Youtube Channel Said:

"Babar Azam ek taraf, baaki selectors dusre taraf (Babar Azam is on one page, the selection committee is on the other),"

"I'll give you the entire story why the three met together. Two selectors are moving with the team - Mohammed Yousuf and Wahab Riaz. The others were not spoken to. They told the Chairman, and then he vetoed and asked what was happening and where are the minutes of the meeting. When a team is formed, not everyone is on the same page. Everyone has their different opinions. So then they give their views in writing on a page stating their views. All that does not happen here. I was a chief selector, so I can tell,"​

Former cricketer Basit Ali made a claim during a program on a local channel:

"What was the performance of Muhammad Amir?"

"This team is not Pakistan team but Babar XI and Wahab Riaz XI. Only the game of likes and dislikes is being played in team."

"The establishment in PCB gave the chairman wrong advice, the result of which came before us today."

Former cricketer Basit Ali made a claim during a program on a local channel:

"Babar Azam included Amir in team to pressure Shaheen Afridi."
How does he generate these stories? I'm in awe.

Whoever follows Pakistan Cricket deeply knows that it was Shaheen in fact who brought Amir back. Both of them have acknowledged this.

Back