Ind Vs Somerset, 15-17 Jul, Taunton

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 out of 6 caught, I dont think its the flat track. Its the swinging conditions of England.

Welcome to the English summer.

Lol I can easily breathe now as our batting failure of the tour has come in the practice game itself. :D

India struggling here...
Yuvi a flop again..
I think Raina will be in the eleven for the first TEST..

:)))

I'm sure Indians will improve for the real thing, but this performance is laughable.

It'll be good for India even if they lose this. Time to tighten the belt.

KP should be very happy now to know that Willoughby get rid of Yuvi, so he will not face the slow left arm bowler at Lords.

The mindgame to beat all mindgames. Get thrashed in a practice match, get up the hopes of opposition and then when the real test starts... BAM!

Was nice to daydream.... :D

hmmm so india getting slaughtered overseas(by a county side ) ????........ nothing new, been happening for the last 65 yrs or so

LOL, The so called great Indian batting might blown away by a club level bowling attack. See this happens when you play in bowling friendly conditions.

So.. Charl Willoughby is a South African. Discuss.

Nah, I'm done.

Sachin just gave Craig Meschede his first wicket in FC cricket today. Another new seamer...

lawl worthy performance from india. very similar to the centurion meltdown.
does this mean durban at lord's???

i would settle for that in a heartbeat...

What a pathetic performance! Only a three-day so they should make them follow on for the hell of it.

LOL, The so called great Indian batting might blown away by a club level bowling attack. See this happens when you play in bowling friendly conditions.

Funny how the Somerset club players could bat on it.

What a pathetic performance! Only a three-day so they should make them follow on for the hell of it.
I wouldn't.

I'd bat all day tomorrow - Zaheer has been carrying injuries and won't fancy bowling for a whole day. One injury and India are done for.

Also, don't give their batsman any match practice before Lords.

The mindgame to beat all mindgames. Get thrashed in a practice match, get up the hopes of opposition and then when the real test starts... BAM!

Was nice to daydream.... :D

hey thats our way of doing things, find your own please :)

I wouldn't.

I'd bat all day tomorrow - Zaheer has been carrying injuries and won't fancy bowling for a whole day. One injury and India are done for.

Also, don't give their batsman any match practice before Lords.

I also entertained the don't give the Indian boys another knock tactic, but I prefer the entertain the chance of India losing tactic :))

We have done our homework well. Lankans won both their practice matches on the tour but couldn't put much of a fight when it mattered.

Our boys are preserving themselves for the big battles ahead :p

this is why practice games are needed. to fine-tune the team and improve all the mistakes that are being made.

they can make all the mistakes they want here. just that they should try not to repeat them in the tests.

I wouldn't get too cocky based on this performance. Most of the batsmen except for YUVI got some time in the middle. They seemed to have enjoyed playing strokes in the middle. Most of them got out in their 20's and 30's

English will underestimate us at their own peril. Looking forward to it.

They won't underestimate you though. Flower and Strauss are always grounded. This has been a laughable Indian performance and all the pressure is on them now.

Er no. India is the team with all the cheerleaders and loonies attached to it. We're not too bad in comparison.

Why is it when an English fan makes a justifiable and sane comment, we get derided, but when an Indian fan makes their own predictions of domination, they're unchallenged?

FANS are loony regardless of any country.

thats why they are called fans. the racist punks in india or australian grounds are also "Fans".

else they would be called avid watchers or aficionados or some other ridiculous term.

Last edited:
We need Indian fans though, they're just too funny to wind up.

England fans love for England to do well but most really aren't that bothered about a loss after a good night's sleep. It's only a silly game where a man hits a ball along the ground all day anyway.

Last edited:
:facepalm: worthy performance so far..... but I have got some excuses already..... No sehwag, no VVS, no MSD and no Bhajji (our prolific test batsman :p )................:D

^^
we won last time widout sehwag
msd < bhajji in batting these days :p

bhajji and vvs are the only 2 understandable excuses :p :p :)))

^^ The trouble is that I need think about different excuses in the first first test when everybody will be playing ;-)

well we were never any good in the first match of any overseas series. Good to have this choke out of the way. If Somerset doesn't make us follow up, we need to rest Zaheer and get Sree to bowl in both ends....that man has to loose at least 5-10 kgs.

We need Indian fans though, they're just too funny to wind up.

England fans love for England to do well but most really aren't that bothered about a loss after a good night's sleep. It's only a silly game where a man hits a ball along the ground all day anyway.

LOL. Not true at all, but whatever helps you sleep better at night....

Hopefully Somerset force the follow on. Some more batting practice would be nice.

Let's hope that Somerset just grinds the Indian bowlers out for a day. I don't think India can manage to lose another 10 wickets on this pitch. Given 5 days, Somerset might have won, but being a warm-up, its irrelevant and a chance of an Indian loss in a warm up is worth less than a tired Indian bowling lineup and underprepared batting order.

They won't underestimate you though. Flower and Strauss are always grounded. This has been a laughable Indian performance and all the pressure is on them now.

They have been writing this script for 3 years now.Lose the first test , give the opposition a sniff and then crush em in the rest of the campaign.Eng fans only the latest to fall for the bait heh.

India will bounce back in Lords. Someset should not enforce follow on, Strauss can have another go, he needs his form back before the 1st Test.

Hope Somerset don't enforce the follow on, India will be quite happy to bat again before the 1st Test.

I fail to see how WC ODI bowling, your proof mentioned, is applicable to Test Bowling, in England.

And PLEASE NOTE, for I feel that anyone daft enough to accuse me of something that I have not done requires special Bolded terms to read properly, that I have NOT predicted an annihilation, and so I need not stick to it. I have predicted 2-1, 2-0, or 1-1 in England's favour.

The poster to predict an annihilation was zayn, if you look further up the thread. Now then, please do not ascribe to me the statements of another poster so that it may serve in discrediting me.

Furthermore, an annihilation need not be 3-0. I count the Ashes an annihilation, a 3-1 result, with 3 innings victories. I could well claim that a 2-0 with 2 innings wins is an annihilation, though I WILL SAY THAT I PERSONALLY DO NOT EXPECT AN ANNIHILATION.

And seeing as I've bolded the appropriate parts, and capitalized them as needed, I hope you do not mistake me again, and accuse me of anything that cannot rightly be accorded to me.

My bad,2nd time is past few days have done the same mistake here.sorry seems have to check my eyesight really now lol.

And i have not only told about the world cup,see the other test matches also i have mentioned.And u must realize the one days are in fact more difficult than the test matches to bowl simply because of field restrictions and flat pitches.And its the world cup one day,so obviously 10 times more pressure than this series.

And i have not only told about the world cup,see the other test matches also i have mentioned.And u must realize the one days are in fact more difficult than the test matches to bowl simply because of field restrictions and flat pitches.And its the world cup one day,so obviously 10 times more pressure than this series.

Your other proofs were not for bowling. I indicated that your proof for Test Match bowling was irrelevant.

And ODIs are 100m dashes compared to Tests being running a marathon. You're doing the same thing, but in completely different ways. ODI bowling depends alot on restriction, etc. etc. Tremlett and Anderson play Tests and bowl really well, but Tremlett doesn't play ODIs, and Anderson was crap in the WC. Doesn't mean that their lack of skill in that area makes them worse Test Bowlers. Stuart Broad over the past two years, save for this summer, has been England's best ODI pacer, often with brilliant spells. He's crap at Tests, and has been over the same period. Why?

People reading way too much into a practice game here. It's a practice game.

I mean I like seeing India perform poorly more than anyone but this game means nothing.

Somerset teenager Craig Meschede ends Sachin Tendulkar's bid for form

The world’s greatest batsman was dismissed by an unknown teenager — and what’s more, one born in Johannesburg, like five England players.
After being forced to wait for a chance to bat and find form before the first Test at Lord’s, Sachin Tendulkar could only manage 26 before Craig Meschede, 19, had him caught.
The No 1 ranked Test side might have hoped for a warmer welcome and easier ride in their only warm-up match before the main event starts on Thursday.

On a day truncated by rain, Somerset batted on from their overnight 329-2 for a further 21 overs before declaring on 425-5 at 4pm.Then, as Tendulkar batted for the first time since an IPL match in late May, Somerset’s veteran left-arm seamer Charl Willoughby reduced India to 76-4, removing Abhinav Mukund, Gautan Ghambir, Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh.
Next, Tendulkar became Meschede’s first ever first class victim. He was bowling only his fifth over in his second match for the county.
By the time India had limped to 138-8 at the close, Somerset’s scheme to make life hard for the tourists seemed to have worked.
They refused India coach Duncan Fletcher’s request to have a 13-a-side game to allow the touring party more practice — and also rebuffed his request for the toss to be scrapped so his side could bat first and find form.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2015521/Craig-Meschede-ends-Sachin-Tendulkars-bid-form-Somerset-make-India-struggle.html

raina playing well showing the big guys how to bat.

i hope he doesnt fail in tests.

lol raina taking out all his anger on opposition. even munna giving good support.

This is too easy for Somerset. Toothless bowling from Indians and why are a spinner bowling so many no-balls? Where is Zaheer?

124/0 afer 24 overs, this would have been an ideal start in a 50 over match.

What phainty

Lols we are talking about a 3 day match and Somerset going over 6 an over! Pathetic bowling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back