India (205/5) comprehensively defeat Australia (181/7) by 24 runs to book their spot in the Semi-Finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

What do you mean by "somehow"? Are you saying BD have never beaten Afghans before? LOL.

BD have won 3 out of 5 against Afghanistan in the last 5 T20s. Also, BD have a 4-0 record against Afghanistan in World Cups.
It's gonna be battle of spinners at the spin friendly pitch.

I hope if we lost today then don't lose by big margin otherwise I'm pretty sure Bangladesh can lose the match against Afghanistan by big margin to get us out of the tournament

Also, how are you assured India would make it to final? They are likely to face England in semi. They can get knocked out right there.
Dont be hyper no one said india assured for final .we are just giving prediction .

Either you have any issues or just not read big "IF".

As an Indian fan, I have to say that India may fluke a win against Australia today, but there's no way they'll win against England in the semis. This Indian team just isn't equipped to handle England's powerful batting lineup, and their bowlers are more than capable of restricting our has-beens like Kohli, Rohit, and the good-for-nothing Dube.

Bangladesh won’t beat them tonight

Rashid Khan all over the Bengalis like a rash!

Let's see.

If BD collapse, it would be due to Afghan pacers probably. BD generally don't get troubled by Rashid (based on recent games).

I always feared NZ more than Australia in ICC matches. India does well against Aussies across the shorter formats. Especially after 2007 world T20.

India vs australia after 2007 world T20 (ICC CT/World cup/World T20)

6-4 in favor of India out of 11 matches Including the final loss. It was 6-3 when the final started. Once after they restructure their line up after these 2 guy are gone i will back India to trounce Australia even in the most crunch games. 2 years from now let us say.

As an Indian fan, I have to say that India may fluke a win against Australia today, but there's no way they'll win against England in the semis. This Indian team just isn't equipped to handle England's powerful batting lineup, and their bowlers are more than capable of restricting our has-beens like Kohli, Rohit, and the good-for-nothing Dube.
These two oldies Rohit and Kohli should not have played. But they are playing just to win a cup before calling it a day from Limited overs. That pressure is going to be there.

I always feared NZ more than Australia in ICC matches. India does well against Aussies across the shorter formats. Especially after 2007 world T20.

India vs australia after 2007 world T20 (ICC CT/World cup/World T20)

6-4 in favor of India out of 11 matches Including the final loss. It was 6-3 when the final started. Once after they restructure their line up after these 2 guy are gone i will back India to trounce Australia even in the most crunch games. 2 years from now let us say.

India haven't beaten Australia in a knockout ICC game since 2011 WC.

1000036025.jpg

Current weather - No rain but heavily overcast conditions . If there are no fresh showers, we should have an on-time

India haven't beaten Australia in a knockout ICC game since 2011 WC.
We beat them in 2016 T20 wc ,it was not a officially knockout match but due to Point table it was a must win game for both team to qualified for semifinal.

We beat them in 2016 T20 wc ,it was not a officially knockout match but due to Point table it was a must win game for both team to qualified for semifinal.
Ya. Only time India was out of depth against Australia was in 2000s. 1999 and 2003 world cup. But India competed exceptionally well against them in the Tests. Beat them 2-1. Drew with them 1-1 and was on top against them in Australia.

They always use others team success to undermine india because their beloved team don't have guts to beat india .

Check India's landmass. Check BD's landmass.

Check India's population. Check BD's population.

BD is a small nation. If BD was large like India, they might have done better than India.

India can't win a trophy since 2013 despite being regularly pampered by ICC.

BD is a small nation. If BD was large like India, they might have done better than India.

India is overrated. They can't win a trophy since 2013 despite being regularly pampered by ICC.
yep. That's why illegal immigration is going on in the North East and WB.

India is overrated. They can't win a trophy since 2013 despite being regularly pampered by ICC.
You are saying this right after Afghanistan trounced Australia lol They don't even have a domestic structure, ground or anything.

Awww cute . minnows fans trigger and hurt badly. :dw

Not sure what you mean by minnow fan. I don't deeply support any team in cricket. I watch all teams.

Teams I like are Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Pakistan, West Indies, and Australia.

I don't play for Bangladesh. I have no input in performance of Bangladesh. Same with you (you do not play for India). You cheer for successes of other people. LOL.

Glory Hunter: Someone who becomes the fan of one of the best teams because they just want to win and achieve glory, hence the name "glory hunter" Bandwagon:
Yes i have seen a lots of wannabe fans of Australia's .just because they are good .

Here are some facts about India:

- Has over 1-billion people with a reasonably large landmass.
- Regularly gets pampered by ICC same way Vince McMahon used to pamper Triple H. India is the Triple H of world cricket.
- No trophy since 2013 despite all the advantages.

- Regularly gets pampered by ICC same way Vince McMahon used to pamper Triple H. India is the Triple H of world cricket.
No need. I am more than happy with Test series wins :) We have won trophies unlike certain countries. NO need to fret over one off day. They beat 10 teams in a row something certain teams cannot even dream of doing.

Hopefully the game goes on. I even WFH because of this. I will be disappointed if it is a rain interrupted game.

What is record of this ground ?

Who has advantage here - batting first or bowling first??

Huge landmass and population has its own flipside... Guys like Kohlis and Rohits will have huge following (those who don't understand cricket properly or even watch it regularly) and corporates/authorities want to use this for their economical benefit. Hence we will never come up with a proper playing XI in an international game! We will reach to some extent and then falter... Hope you understand this...

Even an Indian "A" or "B" team will have better chance to win a trophy if they are allowed to participate, because even though head-to-head (person to person) strength is weaker, at least the team combination/composition will be better... Even an elite state side (like Mumbai, Karnataka, etc.) will have better chance to win in knockouts at least in familiar conditions, heck even an IPL team (minus foreign players) may fare better!

That's why a lesser side like NZ (with low population) does much better because they don't have to deal with these issues... You can see every year half of their side being transformed with new players who has the hunger to win (rather than someone making money out of "branded" players). When I say this I feel like NZ is more populous than India because they can find so many players! But in case of India you may see Dinesh Kartik making comeback in 2026 if it suits Kohli to stay in the team, so that he can hide behind an inferior oldie... (like what happened with Dhoni in 2019)

According to cricinfo it ain't raining atm or any signs of it, just a cool breeze. That means Australia will unleash hell on India today

According to cricinfo it ain't raining atm or any signs of it, just a cool breeze. That means Australia will unleash hell on India today
One hour is a long away. So things change. I don't like the look of clouds. SOme images are not looking good.

Some say it will only be a light rain. So let us hope game goes on.
The reason I want a game is because if Australia gets eliminated then I want them to get eliminated the right way.

Granted I'm aware I'm being a hypocrite because I didn't share the same sympathy for Pakistan but shared it for England.

So I am playing favourites rn.

Whoever won the toss ,will Bowl first due to overcast conditions and rain threat.

Rohit anyway has different Idea so god knows what will he do .

From cricbuzz - it has been raining in St Lucia of late but the weather looks clear for now. There are some showers expected later but given the present conditions we should have an on-time start. The players are out warming out. The stands have slowly started to fill in, let's hope the conditions remain the same throughout the game.

From cricbuzz - it has been raining in St Lucia of late but the weather looks clear for now. There are some showers expected later but given the present conditions we should have an on-time start. The players are out warming out. The stands have slowly started to fill in, let's hope the conditions remain the same throughout the game.
May the best team win 🏆

I would start with a deep point for both Warner and Head when Arshdeep bowlers. CSK trapped head in that area.

Crying fans and Nagin dance are the two most memorable things about Bangladesh Cricket in 3 decades, surely what's needed is some introspection rather than hating on better teams.

Last time when India met Austarlia in West Indies on a fast bouncy pitch India had 9 single digit scores. Indian team was bounced out. Rohit made 79 in 46 balls in that match. Next highest score 17 by Bhajji. Rest were single digits. ALso the match where Jadeja started his uselessness in T20. Still continuing that. Steve smith was a full time bowler :) 4-0-34-1. Picked up the wicket of MSD

Crying fans and Nagin dance are the two most memorable things about Bangladesh Cricket in 3 decades, surely what's needed is some introspection rather than hating on better teams.

I am anti-nagin dance. I am glad BD stopped doing it. It was too India-ish.

Nagin dance belongs in Bollywood. Not in cricket.

My fear is that we will beat australia but Somehow Bangladesh will beat Afghanistan so Australia will go through in Semifinals due to better NRR.

We don’t have control over things not in our hands, best chance for us is to beat Australia. If Australia wins this match then India isn’t winning this World Cup.

India have a golden opportunity to eliminate their nemesis here, lets see how they perform today under no pressure situation

How are you assured India would make it to final?

If they face England in semi (which is very likely), they can get knocked out in semi. The game can go either way.

India can beat England and South Africa in Semis. But we have 0% chance of beating Australia in finals.

Of course we might lose semis and won’t have to face Australia in finals but atleast we have some chance of winning against England/SA. Against Australia in finals we don’t got any hope.

We don’t have control over things not in our hands, best chance for us is to beat Australia. If Australia wins this match then India isn’t winning this World Cup.
India has to go through the toughes path. India always breezes through main round without any pressure and falters in the end. SA looks way more battle hardened than other teams due to close games.

Last time when India met Austarlia in West Indies on a fast bouncy pitch India had 9 single digit scores. Indian team was bounced out. Rohit made 79 in 46 balls in that match. Next highest score 17 by Bhajji. Rest were single digits. ALso the match where Jadeja started his uselessness in T20. Still continuing that. Steve smith was a full time bowler :) 4-0-34-1. Picked up the wicket of MSD
Yes i was watched the match .they used bouncer to attack Indian batsman .

But these days Indian batsmen are so strong against bouncers so no problem.

Yes i was watched the match .they used bouncer to attack Indian batsman .

But these days Indian batsmen are so strong against bouncers so no problem.
yea.. Also pitch itself was extra spicy> Ball just zipped off crazily. Nowadays they should be good enough.

India has to go through the toughes path. India always breezes through main round without any pressure and falters in the end. SA looks way more battle hardened than other teams due to close games.

We just can’t handle the pressure. It is how it is, good thing is we have to face SA who are even worse under pressure or England who we can choke with our spinners if pitch suits us.
So we have a good chance to reach finals, but if Australia reaches final we can’t beat them. We will choke against them as usual.

Just turned on the telly ....& There's N S bombastic Siddhu.....
Why the fridge can't they get anyone else? I'd rather give a math exam, change tyres, or watch a wall painter which would be more bearable.....& There's Harsha speak a lot without saying anything significant bhogle with his weird comparisons & monotone drone lurking somewhere there
Reham Karo Bhai!...
Hope our guys send the roos off with their tail between their legs !!!

We just can’t handle the pressure. It is how it is, good thing is we have to face SA who are even worse under pressure or England who we can choke with our spinners if pitch suits us.
So we have a good chance to reach finals, but if Australia reaches final we can’t beat them. We will choke against them as usual.
I won't say "pressure". It is the team structure. India has 6 batsmen + Jadeja (fake all rounder). Anytime India is xx/3 down they conssciously shut the shop because lower order cannot score more than 10 runs. I mean last 4. Basically India's lack of depth contributes to pressure for the last 10 years. You need 8 batsmen 6 or 7 bowling options. Rohit/Rahul/Kohli cannot bowl. It made our tail way too longer. Moment India lost Pandya in the final they became even weaker. This is why i cannot wait for these two one-dimensional players leave the scene.

I won't say "pressure". It is the team structure. India has 6 batsmen + Jadeja (fake all rounder). Anytime India is xx/3 down they conssciously shut the shop because lower order cannot score more than 10 runs. I mean last 4. Basically India's lack of depth contributes to pressure for the last 10 years. You need 8 batsmen 6 or 7 bowling options. Rohit/Rahul/Kohli cannot bowl. It made our tail way too longer. Moment India lost Pandya in the final they became even weaker. This is why i cannot wait for these two one-dimensional players leave the scene.
Tbf, The middle order of Pant, Sky, Pandya and even dube have been winning it for India alongside the bowlers of course.

Rohit, Kohli and Jadeja are weak links.

Even dube has been decent

I can only tolerate one person from india's whole commentary panel and hosts.

She is just...LOL.

I 100% believe if India played Australia in a bilateral rather than World Cup final with the same form we had in World Cup we would have destroyed them.
Doesn’t matter if one player was available or not.
It was 100% due to pressure and nothing else.

I agree with team structure, but even at our best form we can’t beat Australia in finals just because of pressure.

We needed someone like peak Yuvi in team or peak Dhoni. I hope the next generation is not so bad under pressure of big matches.

I find it tough to believe Ind with its washed up tuk tuk seniors and useless jadeja in team is being talked of as favorites here. I dont see Ind beating Eng in SFs. Almost a given though that ind will be in SF. Will be an extraordinary upset if they dont because that means Aus have hammered Ind and then Ban have hammered Afg. But Eng will be a well oiled machine now with Archer there and wuality spin in Adil Rashid. Except Sky snd dube everyone tuk tuks against spin. Dont wwant 30 ball 35.from kohli and the a useless 10 of 15 from jadeja..

Today's game will show if Ind seniors brand of t20 cricket is still relevant anymore. Either way- should be a heck of a game!!

Tbf, The middle order of Pant, Sky, Pandya and even dube have been winning it for India alongside the bowlers of course.

Rohit, Kohli and Jadeja are weak links.

Even dube has been decent
Not talking about this edition. For the last 10 years India's team structure never allowed them to have bad day or loss of players. Loss of Pandya was major for India in the world cup. But new young players have multi skills. They bowl and field well. Kohli is called as the best fielder. But he has dropped close to 40 catches in the last 5 years. Some of thme were very crucial catches.

I HOPE INDIA BEAT THE ARROGANT AUSSIS AND KNOCK THEM OUT :ROFLMAO:(y) I want Stoinis to wave bye bye like he did when he got Gurbaz at the airport:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

India knows Australia Isa dangerous side, currently they are under pressure to qualify for semis as Afghanistan blown them. India need to kick them out of WC

Only one decent commentator in India is denesh karthik. I liked analysis of Gautam Gambhir as well. He has good sharp mind.

Back