India (213/7) defeat Sri Lanka (170/10) by 43 runs to go 1-0 up in the 3 match T20I series

Poor Rinku doesn't get enough overs to play most of the times. Then the pressure of scoring at high rate in whatever he gets to play.
His career may cut short if not handled properly.
AGreed. He just doesnt get enough deliveries to bat

Hardik should try to stop bowling one or two boundary deliveries every over after these many years.he should Improve himself

When I look at the scorecard I can see that SL had a big partnership opening while chasing 215 yet they're not in a winning situation.

That's probably because they're just too cautious as the SR needed when chasing a score as such has to be in 200 range they just couldn't break the shackles and now they're losing wickets quickly still needing 65 off 29.

Mendis punishes Bishnoi for dropping him by hitting him for 2 consecutive boundaries

Bish get a wicket last ball of his spell to redeem himself a bit

Bishnoi aint a good catcher eh?
He is a bit extreme In catching. He took catch of the season in 2 ipls running a long distance and taking catches in the outfield. He drops a few simple ones too .even in his under 19 wc match, he took a blinder

Srilanka are a good team in their home conditions.

Gill still opening is a joke. Rinku Singh seems to be finding hard in international cricket.
Parag has so far got 3 or 4 opportunities and he failed each time. If he is not bowling every match, India should look for other options. He does not merit a spot just in batting alone.

Looks like Pandya and Axar are still the only 2 players used as all rounders. Both are 30+ and one of them is brittle.

Once the Ball goes old runs scoring is becomes different .

India were also lost the control after 14 overs

Gill still opening is a joke. Rinku Singh seems to be finding hard in international cricket.
Parag has so far got 3 or 4 opportunities and he failed each time. If he is not bowling every match, India should look for other options. He does not merit a spot just in batting alone.

Looks like Pandya and Axar are still the only 2 players used as all rounders. Both are 30+ and one of them is brittle.
Unless some dramatic loss of form happens, the Gill-Jaiswal opening partnership is almost set in stone. Left-right combo - both attacking batters, both young, neither have a clear weakness. We're probably going to see years and years of it.

Pandya, Axar, Sundar, Dube are a decent set of allrounders between them. Should get us to the next T20 World Cup in 2 years. Hopefully, by that time, a new group emerges.

Gill still opening is a joke.
Gill needs filthy deliveries to go at a good sr like today's match .he never imposes himself against a good bowler like jaiswal. We can check his progress in t20s against SA in sa later this year

Couple of dissapointing individual performances for sure but happy to see the overall approach. Some bold leadership too

A win in a good competitive game to get the Gambhir era started

When I look at the scorecard I can see that SL had a big partnership opening while chasing 215 yet they're not in a winning situation.

That's probably because they're just too cautious as the SR needed when chasing a score as such has to be in 200 range they just couldn't break the shackles and now they're losing wickets quickly still needing 65 off 29.
As I said at this stage they weren't in a winning position despite being 84 without loss and then 140-1 to end up losing by 45 runs and getting bowled out.

Chasing 214 and striking between140-160 wouldn't win you a game even if you're getting a 100 run opening stand.

Nice to win this without our two best bowlers in Bumrah and Kuldeep and post the retirement of our best batter in Rohit.

Hatsoff to SKY for trusting Parag with the ball so late in the innings

Lol Parag gets three wickets in eight balls .all were bowled
Seems like he could be okay for a couple of overs. He's competing with Sundar for that Jadeja slot though. Got to find his batting to stand a chance. Sundar brings steady batting and much better bowling...can bowl his full quota if needed.

Sri Lanka went from 1/140 to 170 all-out!

Riyan Parag registers career-best figures of 3 for 5

India's new T20I captain Suryakumar Yadav shone with a sensational fifty as the side beat Sri Lanka by 43 runs in the first T20I​

India's new T20I captain Suryakumar Yadav shone with a sensational fifty as the side beat Sri Lanka by 43 runs in the first T20I of the three-match series at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Saturday. Suryakumar scored 58 off 26 balls as India posted 213 for 7 in 20 overs. Rishabh Pant also helped the team's cause with a fine knock of 49 off 33 balls. Openers Yashasvi Jaiswal (40 off 21) and Shubman Gill (34 off 16) laid a solid platform before Surya and Pant capitalised on it as India had got an invitation to bat first. In reply, Sri Lanka fought well, thanks to Pathum Nissanka (79 off 48) and Kusal Mendis (45 off 27) but faltered towards the end

Source: NDTV

Unless some dramatic loss of form happens, the Gill-Jaiswal opening partnership is almost set in stone. Left-right combo - both attacking batters, both young, neither have a clear weakness. We're probably going to see years and years of it.

Pandya, Axar, Sundar, Dube are a decent set of allrounders between them. Should get us to the next T20 World Cup in 2 years. Hopefully, by that time, a new group emerges.
In that case, Abhishek Sharma will be wasted.
Abhishek is 10 times the player that Gill is in the first 5 overs.

Gill needs filthy deliveries to go at a good sr like today's match .he never imposes himself against a good bowler like jaiswal. We can check his progress in t20s against SA in sa later this year
Gill is a selfish player. He will get fed with lollipop bowling against weaker teams where he can score some runs to fool the selectors. Against better teams like SA, Aus and Wng, he will be exposed.

Gill is a selfish player. He will get fed with lollipop bowling against weaker teams where he can score some runs to fool the selectors. Against better teams like SA, Aus and Wng, he will be exposed.
Agree 100%

Tuk tuk Gill will get exposed against top teams.

Showed intent right through. Gambhir has clearly sent the message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back