India (390/5) thrash Sri Lanka (73) by 317 runs to win the 3rd ODI and sweep series 3-0

ICC have always done this.

People have complained about JAMODIs being roads and ODIs dying then come an ICC event, there are a good pitches prepared. That and the fact pressure is on players, it makes games interesting and we don't get 350 v 350 bores.
In 2011 world cup Ireland chased down 300 plus against England with so much ease. Same England tied againt India chasing 331. SA beat India by chasing 300 with their tail in a shock win. It still comes down to where you play. What grounds will be used. In Chinnaswamy ball travels. Small ground. belter.

In the NZ ODIs, Suryakumar Yadav will get chances at 5 as KLR is not there.

Question is how they play keeper Kishan then? Will Kohli sit out?

Does SL have any good batsmen or world class potential batsmen?

In the NZ ODIs, Suryakumar Yadav will get chances at 5 as KLR is not there.

Question is how they play keeper Kishan then? Will Kohli sit out?

Neither kishan nor sky will play . Bharat will play as a wk to get some practice for upcoming Important test series .

This was dumb bowling SL seamers. Kohli does not gave the ability to score off good length deliveries by seamers. Atleast not consistently anyway. This was seen in the T20 World Cup as well. SL went either too full or too short and got punished.

Does SL have any good batsmen or world class potential batsmen?

Kusal Mendis loves Australian attack averaging 50 against them. But otherwise he is average. He is their best bet. Then shanaka down the order.

I thought Shami was permanently cast aside. Surprising that he is still in the scheme of things. What will happen to Arshdeep?

You can't predict anything here. They are not going to dig up pitch and create new one. Basic nature will remain the same. Mohli, Wankhede will be bouncy. Chennai might turn. Eden Gardens will help seamers in the evening. Delhi will be slow and low.

At one point Chennai was the fastest and bounciest in the country, read 1977-78- 79 aus - windies, pak series which even Kapil said he loved the Madras wicket or even in WC semis 1996 aus vs nz -that wicket had fantastic even bounce and good carry, the wickie was taking it around his ears. ...End of the day , it's all in intent, if our guys...read the BCCI, want to produce a fast, even bouncy and sporting wicket, they can. forget the standard stereotype narratives, iv seen mohali and wankhede with uneven bounce and pathetic as well, but the point is , if our guys wanted, they can. I wish they would more often. The most sporting wickets i have seen in SC conditions is ind vs SL iin sl 2015- now those wickets had somethig in it for every trade of bowler as well as batsmen. so had Dharmshala-2017 ind vs aus- 4th test, matt wade was taking it around his ears.

End of the day if BCCI really wanted it, india can have true even bouncy wickets, something where all 24 players have a chance to prosper...million $$ question is, do we have the zameer and intent?

Last edited:
That wicket was due to field placing. Rohit got it correct for once. Siraj extracts whatever swing on offer

Why does India invite SL over so much? Easy to schedule and a team to replace bilaterials that should have been played against Pakistan?

Every series they play is one sided and boring.

I am not sure it is worth watching :) It is a dead rubber anyway. Besides Siraj's bowling Kuldeep's bowling is something we can watch. See how Kuldeep reacts when batsmen come after him.

Why does India invite SL over so much? Easy to schedule and a team to replace bilaterials that should have been played against Pakistan?

Do you even know when was last time srilanka played in india?? Check your fact first

I hope our batsmen are able to perform in these conditions. Like to watch Finn, Mitchell, Bracewell and Phillips bat.

I am not sure it is worth watching :) It is a dead rubber anyway. Besides Siraj's bowling Kuldeep's bowling is something we can watch. See how Kuldeep reacts when batsmen come after him.
Dead rubber, SL, massive score - definitely can do something better with your time. Game is done, 0 chance SL chase this and they don't have good batsmen to really watch.

Theekshana was economical against Australia. But wellagele was the main wicket taker. SL beat Australia 3-2. Turned out to be an epic series.

This is only the 4th bilateral ODI series we are hosting since Jan 2006. You are confusing formats. We may have hosted them more in T20Is

We have hosted Australia and England way more times in ODIs in recent times.

Siraj - New bowl
Bumrah - Death bowl
Umran - Middle overs
Kuldeep - Middle overs
Pandya - New bowl to middle overs

This is only the 4th bilateral ODI series we are hosting since Jan 2006. You are confusing formats. We may have hosted them more in T20Is

Australian series has been always their money minting series for India. It is the most competitive.

I meant in general. It feels like you play each other a lot. Recent years may not be the case but the feeling of the endless India-SL series is still there.

Idk just feels even a series against Afghanistan or Zimbabwe would be more interesting than another series against SL. No idea how Indians feel about it but yeah, it's like us with SL, WI or Bangladesh. Would prefer to play Aus, England, India and Pakistan more often otherwise don't really bother really following series.

Siraj holds the seam two different ways. One that slanted seam other one is scrambled seam. Pretty skilled stuff from Siraj. He could go for runs. He is doing a good job so far. His Gabba spell was terrific.

Theekshana was economical against Australia. But wellagele was the main wicket taker. SL beat Australia 3-2. Turned out to be an epic series.

Save yourself time, watch some Netflix/Amazon Prime and check out the wickets later. Or just watch something else on your laptop with the match on in the background. Best way to watch Tests and when your team is bowling in the middle overs of an ODI.

reterter.jpg

Mohammad Siraj reminds me of Mohammad shami early in his career. He had terrific strike rate as well.

Australian series has been always their money minting series for India. It is the most competitive.

Yes. Australia, England and Pakistan were the big draws in ODIs. Occasionally Saffers too.

We play a lot of useless bilateral T20 series against SL but in terms of ODI series, we have invited even NZ as often as SL .

I do hope we get good pitches. I want to see our batsmen bat. Series starting this week. Hopefully Finn scores some runs.

I meant in general. It feels like you play each other a lot. Recent years may not be the case but the feeling of the endless India-SL series is still there.

Idk just feels even a series against Afghanistan or Zimbabwe would be more interesting than another series against SL. No idea how Indians feel about it but yeah, it's like us with SL, WI or Bangladesh. Would prefer to play Aus, England, India and Pakistan more often otherwise don't really bother really following series.

Like I said. We play too many useless bilateral T20I series against SL in India but we don't play ODIs or Tests. We invite SL for ODIs and Tests as often/rarely as we invite NZ

Saffers were big draws when ABD was playing. Mumbai fans used to cheer for him coming to bat in a series decider while Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni were on field. Now it isn't the same. :ab :inti

Saffers were big draws when ABD was playing. Mumbai fans used to cheer for him in a series decider while Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni were on field. Now it isn't the same. :ab :inti

ABD has fans everywhere. Out and out entertainer on his day.

Siraj is a faster version of Southee in ODIs. Outswingers and scrambled seam indipper

Another reason for India playing SL in SL is probably because of the broadcast deals that SL gets.

SonyLiv has a $ 22.5 million 3 year contract ending in July this year. However $9-10 million was contingent on that 1 Indian tour back in 2021.

Boards like SLC are heavily reliant on India touring to make any money at all.

Hasaranga is not a batsman, always backing away. Karunaratne has far better technique

How much has SL regressed ? Even a team like Ireland would put a much better fight,such a waste of time inviting this inferior team for India.

Ideally India and Pakistan should be playing matches rather than India SL crapshow on a frequent basis, only if we didn't have political tensions.

Siraj is beast....wowser...hope he keeps this form for WTC (if we qualify) and WC odi...
on another front , i think the term JAMODI is a tad derogartory to the fans gathered to watch the match, the efforts of the 22 / 25 guys involved , the sponsers etc. There is meaning and intent to every action and lets transfer that to matches. no such thing as JAMODI....
on yet another front... can/should Harsha retire....what do guys feel...he was gun and novelty in 90's ...jusut feel he has passed his shelf life now...and should call it a day

Kudos to Siraj. He in India's best all format bowler now. He is must have in playing XI for world cups.
Shami's ODI form is little worrying. With Bumrah back, i assume Siraj will share new ball with him and Pandya being the 3rd seamer. Kuldeep over Chahal as frontline spinner with Jadeja and Sundar being all rounders.

1.Bumrah
2.Siraj
3.Pandya
4.Kuldeep
5.Sundar
6.Jadeja

Last edited:
How much has SL regressed ? Even a team like Ireland would put a much better fight,such a waste of time inviting this inferior team for India.

SL beat Australia last year 3-2. Beating even a weak INdia in India is not easy. South Africa full sterngth ODI side got canned by India's B team during the world T20 beginning.

The series against Kiwis will tell us whether India are very good or SL very bad.

Sad to see SL go this way. Always like to see our Dharmic cousins do well just not against us.

What is this nonsense of Shreyas bowling? Just for Siraj to get a 5 fer. Disrespectful to the opponent

Yes but if Pandya gets injured in World Cup, then India can play SKY at 6 and Jadeja at 7.

There are part time bowlers and then there are others who knows how to turn their arm over. Rohit and Shreyas are the latter.

Thankfully the farce is over and India can concentrate on taking the last wicket

There are part time bowlers and then there are others who knows how to turn their arm over. Rohit and Shreyas are the latter.

The second option would be to go with Sundar at 6 and Jadeja at 7 then. But hitting power down the order looks a bit weak so maybe play SKY only and have 5 bowlers+ Iyer/Rohit. Just assumptions if Pandya is injured.

The second option would be to go with Sundar at 6 and Jadeja at 7 then. But hitting power down the order looks a bit weak so maybe play SKY only and have 5 bowlers+ Iyer/Rohit. Just assumptions if Pandya is injured.

If India go with 5 bowlers, they are doomed. If India go with Hardik and Axar in top 7 just to increase bowling options, they are doomed. Need to find the right balance

Back