India A vs Win A | England]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermind_quad

Test Debutant
Runs
India's Bench Strength is not that bad....[India A vs Win A | England]

Unadkat sizzles with seven on debut

India A 183 for 2 (Rahane 66*, Mukund 54) lead West Indies A 144 (Unadkat 7-41) by 39 runs
scorecard

Jaidev Unadkat launched his first-class career in spectacular style, running through West Indies A with a spell of penetrative fast bowling to finish with figures of 7 for 41 on the second day at Grace Road. West Indies were shot out for 144 and then India's batsmen ensured they cashed in on the bowlers' performance, to finish the day on top, with a lead of 39 and eight wickets intact.

After the first day was lost to poor weather, Unadkat's spell on the second morning seemed intent on making up for lost time. Devon Smith perished in his second over, edging to Manish Pandey for five to begin the procession. Omar Philips and Kraigg Braithwaite followed soon after, leaving West Indies stuttering at 26 for 3. Kirk Edwards pitched tent, contributing one run in fifty minutes of defence, and adding 37 runs with Andre Fletcher, before Unadkat intervened in dramatic fashion. Edwards was caught in front and Chadwick Walton's castle was breached first ball to complete Unadkat's five-for. In between the strikes Dhawal Kulkarni got rid of Fletcher and West Indies were staring down the barrel again.

David Bernard, Imran Khan and Andre Russel managed to take them past three figures, but 144 still seemed woefully inadequate, and India's top order ensured the advantage was driven home. Abhinav Mukund and Ajinkya Rahane struck fifties, and the latter was unbeaten at stumps as India surged into the lead. Giving him company was Cheteshwar Pujara who had rushed to 34 off 37 balls with five fours, and the pair look good for more runs on day three.

http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/462773.html

Certainly looking good on England soil.....:):):)

Attachments

• newU.JPG
    newU.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 124
mastermind_quad said:

India A 183 for 2 (Rahane 66*, Mukund 54) lead West Indies A 144 (Unadkat 7-41) by 39 runs
scorecard

Jaidev Unadkat launched his first-class career in spectacular style, running through West Indies A with a spell of penetrative fast bowling to finish with figures of 7 for 41 on the second day at Grace Road. West Indies were shot out for 144 and then India's batsmen ensured they cashed in on the bowlers' performance, to finish the day on top, with a lead of 39 and eight wickets intact.

After the first day was lost to poor weather, Unadkat's spell on the second morning seemed intent on making up for lost time. Devon Smith perished in his second over, edging to Manish Pandey for five to begin the procession. Omar Philips and Kraigg Braithwaite followed soon after, leaving West Indies stuttering at 26 for 3. Kirk Edwards pitched tent, contributing one run in fifty minutes of defence, and adding 37 runs with Andre Fletcher, before Unadkat intervened in dramatic fashion. Edwards was caught in front and Chadwick Walton's castle was breached first ball to complete Unadkat's five-for. In between the strikes Dhawal Kulkarni got rid of Fletcher and West Indies were staring down the barrel again.

David Bernard, Imran Khan and Andre Russel managed to take them past three figures, but 144 still seemed woefully inadequate, and India's top order ensured the advantage was driven home. Abhinav Mukund and Ajinkya Rahane struck fifties, and the latter was unbeaten at stumps as India surged into the lead. Giving him company was Cheteshwar Pujara who had rushed to 34 off 37 balls with five fours, and the pair look good for more runs on day three.

What were most of these guys selected on the basis of? Ranji? I'm guessing it wasn't the IPL?

mastermind_quad said:

scorecard

Dude, dont get me wrong but are really gonna talk about india A team beating THE WEST INDIES A TEAM convincingly?

I am not sure but sounds to me you are setting your bench mark really low.

Awesome_Username said:
What were most of these guys selected on the basis of? Ranji? I'm guessing it wasn't the IPL?

Yeah buddy they are our domestic performers for last 3-4 seasons.

..Pujara,Pandey,Rahane,Dhawan,Mukund all are best performer for their state/zone teams(which include 5 day/4day and ODI)

and this new U19 kid Jaydev Unadkat is really impressive .....Saurabh netrawalkar ...Dhawan kulkarni....

:)) my favorite UV's days are gone i think....:)...common kids keep it up...:)

jalex382 said:
Dude, dont get me wrong but are really gonna talk about india A team beating THE WEST INDIES A TEAM convincingly?

I am not sure but sounds to me you are setting your bench mark really low.

Nope buddy .....i m not setting this as bench mark ..but it was expected they perform well ...and they did the same that's why i m happy ......and Dhawan ,rahane already hit the ton and Pujara's 50 in last rain affected match against Yorkshire .....179,109,56 respectively i think...and D.kulkarni 5 wkt haul in an inning in that match..so i have a reason to be happy buddy... ;-)

mastermind_quad said:
Yeah buddy they are our domestic performers for last 3-4 seasons.

..Pujara,Pandey,Rahane,Dhawan,Mukund all are best performer for their state/zone teams(which include 5 day/4day and ODI)

and this new U19 kid Jaydev Unadkat is really impressive .....Saurabh netrawalkar ...Dhawan kulkarni....

:)) my favorite UV's days are gone i think....:)...common kids keep it up...:)

I knew it. Whereas most of the guys who got sent to Zim were on the basis of IPL. India needs to stop revolving around the IPL if it wants to continue the good results it has had in recent times.

Awesome_Username said:
I knew it. Whereas most of the guys who got sent to Zim were on the basis of IPL. India needs to stop revolving around the IPL if it wants to continue the good results it has had in recent times.

Yup....IPL performance must not be the criteria for selection .....and I think after Zim tour they(Selectors) already realized this ....if not then they are morons....:)

Isn't this Unadkat was in KKR Team and Wasim Akram mentioned him as bowler to look in future

:13: India beat WI A, that doesn't exactly mean good bench stregth

Oh not another India post..yes yes your amazing we know now move along please!!

I won't be surprised if India finds some good batsmen from the A team.Would like to see the bowlers play a bit more before i get excited by anyone.I remember watching India's A tour to Pakistan, watched young Agarkar destroy Pak A in National Stadium Karachi, including the comical dismisal of Hassan Raza by Agarkar.Abdur Razzaq was playing for Pak A, but Agarkar was head and shoulder above Razzaq and anyone else.The manager of Indian team Srikanth had predicted great things about Agarkar then, unfortunately Agarkar never lived upto promise.

oh!!!!!!!! Tiwary ..outt ...only 2 was required ...fool....MK Tiwary c †Walton b Baker 19 (25m 18b 3x4 0x6) SR: 105.55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back