India v Australia | 4th ODI | Mohali | 02/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want India to bat first after winning the toss, either Australia will win it and bat first, or India will win it and bowl first.

I thought it was tomorrow for some reason. I have to go to bed, its nearly 4am here. Fly the flag for Australia Bublu! :D

OZGOD said:
I thought it was tomorrow for some reason. I have to go to bed, its nearly 4am here. Fly the flag for Australia Bublu! :D
Come on, at least watch the first 30 minutes. Ponting might once again open today.

India are looking a pretty strong outfit in this series, but then again I wouldn't really judge anything or compare them to Australia as Australia has lost a lot of strength by losing a couple of their players to injuries.

I'd love to see a full-strength India versus a full-strength Australia.

Paradox said:
India are looking a pretty strong outfit in this series, but then again I wouldn't really judge anything or compare them to Australia as Australia has lost a lot of strength by losing a couple of their players to injuries.

I'd love to see a full-strength India versus a full-strength Australia.

We beat them in Aus with their full strength side on field during the CB ODI series its nothing new to us..

Romali_rotti said:
We beat them in Aus with their full strength side on field during the CB ODI series its nothing new to us..

It's been over a year now since that happened. I mean the new-look full strength Australia side, with Haddin, Ferguson, Lee, etc. It might be weaker than the one they had before with Hayden, Gilchrist, and the others but it still isn't too bad.

The only team which can comprehensively beat (not like England and fluke a lucky win because Australia were poor in that single session and gave it up) a full-strength Australia side in a Test match right now is South Africa with around a 70% chance, and possibly India with around a 50% chance. Then the closest after India would have to be Pakistan, although the chances would be quite low of them winning.

Is there a rain break? If not, why are we not discussing this game ! Whats the score?

Not much action in the thread for the series which "IS THE BEST RIVALRY CURRENTLY YEAH WOO!"

no.

Poison said:
Not much action in the thread for the series which "IS THE BEST RIVALRY CURRENTLY YEAH WOO!"

no.

action will start once Aus gets into strong position

Sharma to White, FOUR, looks to bounce him, but at 131ks it is so slow that White pulls it handsomely off the front foot, neither fine leg nor midwicket has a chance

:)))

14868348_IshantSharma_64x64.jpg

Last edited:
No rush here in this thread thats why people like to watch pak Vs india mostly times

kamranO said:
No rush here in this thread thats why people like to watch pak Vs india mostly times
Of cource there won't be much rush in a thread on a Pakistani forum when Pakistan isn't playing. We'll see the rush tomorrow when Pakistan plays New Zealand.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
MC Henriques st †Dhoni b Harbhajan Singh 6 (13b 0x4 0x6) SR: 46.15

or maybe because it is a SEVEN match ODI series that is almost as long as the World Cup held in Jamaica.....by the way, has that tournament finished yet?

Luton Bad Boy said:
or maybe because it is a SEVEN match ODI series that is almost as long as the World Cup held in Jamaica.....by the way, has that tournament finished yet?
4th match is going on, and India are up by 2-1. What's worse is that we lost the 1st match by 4 runs :pissed:

Bublu Bhuyan said:
4th match is going on, and India are up by 2-1. What's worse is that we lost the 1st match by 4 runs :pissed:

It is also a contest between an Australian C team vs India A team so, it is an uneven contest, which does not make for much excitement...

Ah so much for an Ausralian C team. No talks of it in the CT when India had its own C team. Then you had fun isnt it (both the Pakistan and Aus teams).

Ab hamaari baari hai. And we are also missing a couple of players FYI..

We await Australian A players to return and replace these C graders like Pontings & Husseys.

dani2k said:
Ah so much for an Ausralian C team. No talks of it in the CT when India had its own C team. Then you had fun isnt it (both the Pakistan and Aus teams).

Ab hamaari baari hai. And we are also missing a couple of players FYI..

India did not have its C team in CT, barring Sehwag/Yuvraj (does that means losing these two makes the entire indian team)...it appears so..

As for Australia, you notice their team was much more stronger in CT as compared to this team, they are struggling to play 11 fit players.....India do not have that luxury

Luton Bad Boy said:
India did not have its C team in CT, barring Sehwag/Yuvraj (does that means losing these two makes the entire indian team)...it appears so..

As for Australia, you notice their team was much more stronger in CT as compared to this team, they are struggling to play 11 fit players.....India do not have that luxury

What about Zaheer? And he is not yet in the team. That makes it three of our key players. It is not our fault that Australian players are injured. We can only play the team that is before us. And we didnt hit them to add to the injury list unlike the Aussie guys who injured couple of our guys last game :D Thankfully Viru is playing.

dani2k said:
What about Zaheer? And he is not yet in the team. That makes it three of our key players. It is not our fault that Australian players are injured. We can only play the team that is before us. And we didnt hit them to add to the injury list unlike the Aussie guys who injured couple of our guys last game :D Thankfully Viru is playing.

3 key players is a huge blow but, it is a good chance to test bench strength as well....

Against a full strength Australian side including Haddin, M Clarke and Brett Lee, I am sure the results would be more evenly balanced...

Generally, looking at it, the Australian side is very weak. No two solid openers, the only real quality lies in their number 3 and number 4 in Ponting and Hussey. The bowling...the less said the better it is. They need Ferguson back, more importantly they need Clarke, Lee and possibly the other Clark back too. They're really missing Symonds aswell.

Luton Bad Boy said:
3 key players is a huge blow but, it is a good chance to test bench strength as well....

Against a full strength Australian side including Haddin, M Clarke and Brett Lee, I am sure the results would be more evenly balanced...

Yes..that I would agree to. Since Clarke and Lee are match winners on their own right. Haddin? Sorry. He hasnt proven himself in Indian conditions.

Yes Australia are unlucky to not field their best team. But historically when we have visited the Australian shores, we couldnt field our best bowling attack due to injuries. In 2003-04, Zaheer and Bhajji missed out and we had to field new comers like Balaji and Irfan apart from Ajit Agarkar. I am not sure even Nehra was fit. Inspite of that we finished 1-1 in the test and got badly flogged in the ODIs

Even last time (2008) we had to do without Zaheer and had to contend with RP and fielded Ishant. Thankfully he came good. So it is pretty even stevens mate..

Man...India is playing with this B team.. Also with Jadeja, we are plying with 10 players.. No Gambhir, Z.Khan.. No chance of winning... Didnt Pakistan loose Australia D team in M.East this year with No Pontings, Hussey, M.Johnson

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Of cource there won't be much rush in a thread on a Pakistani forum when Pakistan isn't playing. We'll see the rush tomorrow when Pakistan plays New Zealand.

obviously

dani2k said:
Yes..that I would agree to. Since Clarke and Lee are match winners on their own right. Haddin? Sorry. He hasnt proven himself in Indian conditions.

Yes Australia are unlucky to not field their best team. But historically when we have visited the Australian shores, we couldnt field our best bowling attack due to injuries. In 2003-04, Zaheer and Bhajji missed out and we had to field new comers like Balaji and Irfan apart from Ajit Agarkar. I am not sure even Nehra was fit. Inspite of that we finished 1-1 in the test and got badly flogged in the ODIs

Even last time (2008) we had to do without Zaheer and had to contend with RP and fielded Ishant. Thankfully he came good. So it is pretty even stevens mate..

So what would make the full complement of bowling for India then,

Zaheer
Nehra
I Sharma
P Kumar
Sreesanth
Balaji
RP Singh

Who from here would be considered cast iron certainties in a full strength indian team with those selection of bowlers?

Whoa...what happened to the Indian fielding today? Three run outs? That is one stupendous effort I should say.. :14:

rahulrulezz said:
Man...India is playing with this B team.. Also with Jadeja, we are plying with 10 players.. No Gambhir, Z.Khan.. No chance of winning... Didnt Pakistan loose Australia D team in M.East this year with No Pontings, Hussey, M.Johnson

Didn't they 'rest' for that series and you will find that Pakistan in typical Pakistan fashion handed that series to them on a plate, followed the same pattern against Sri Lanka as well...

No comparisons between India and Pakistan please?

Luton Bad Boy said:
So what would make the full complement of bowling for India then,

Zaheer
Nehra
I Sharma
P Kumar
Sreesanth
Balaji
RP Singh

Who from here would be considered cast iron certainties in a full strength indian team with those selection of bowlers?

On current form, I would say Zaheer (subject to fitness), Nehra, P Kumar , I Sharma (not in full form but ok considering his age) and a new comer Tyagi (not in your list) to be the full battery.

And Balaji is out of the reckoning atleast for the near future. He has become truly military medium :))
Sreesanth and Munaf are close to the list, but the former has attitude issues and the latter is inconsistent and also a pathetic fielder.

Last edited:
Australia - 250 All Out. Can't believe it. What a performance by India in the death overs.

250 all out...looks a below par score atleast to me. In Mohali chasing is not difficult because of the even bounce and dew.

Pakistan chased 321 with ease last time..So it is IMO 60-40 to India ATM ..

Bublu Bhuyan said:
If we win today, we'll be # UNO in ICC ODI rankings :D

BB.. I still don't think we deserve the #1 yet. #3 is a fair call. Our pace bowling and fielding leave a lot to be desired. And I would rather be a #3 working my way up to stay there for long rather than have frequent flings at the top only to fall down 2 days later.

dani2k said:
BB.. I still don't think we deserve the #1 yet. #3 is a fair call. Our pace bowling and fielding leave a lot to be desired. And I would rather be a #3 working my way up to stay there for long rather than have frequent flings at the top only to fall down 2 days later.
We'll be on #1 for quite a while this time, that is if we manage to win this ODI series 4-3. A better margin will take us further ahead.

True, we don't have a really good bowling unit. But the way we have been winning ODI tournaments and the ratio of matches we have won to that we have lost in the last year, seriously have made us the top ODI unit currently (at least ranking wise).

Last edited:
Hmm...but still our pace bowling and fielding don't befit a #2 let alone a #1. We have miles to go before we can fill those gaping holes :(

If aus bowl well hen they have a chance to win this match. Then again if 1 indian batsmen gets in and scores big then its indias game.

And MSD has to fix his teams under performances in ICC tournaments. That is unacceptable.

I hope aus gets sehwag and tendulkar out quickly and put pressure on middle order batsmen. Then hopefully win the game.

dani2k said:
And MSD has to fix his teams under performances in ICC tournaments. That is unacceptable.
Screw the T20 Tournaments, they are not worth it. True, we were let down in the Champions Trophy, but it's also true that we played a second string side. Add to that it's a loss in one match that knocked us off.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Screw the T20 Tournaments, they are not worth it. True, we were let down in the Champions Trophy, but it's also true that we played a second string side. Add to that it's a loss in one match that knocked us off.
Icc tournys are the ones you want to do well in and win.

Australia have a very poor bowling lineup. If Johnson and Siddle are off color expect this to be over within 40 overs.

I am not watching the match, just looking at the scorecard, what is Johnson up to? Or is it Sehwag who is batting well?

quite poor bowling from johnson so far, giving consistent width to sehwag which sehwag cherishes

lols seems like Johnson is unlucky bowling to Sehwag while Siddle is bowling to Tindu, who is blocking/leaving everything.

This boy Kohli needs to learn to grab hold of his opportunities when given. This is the second time he has thrown his wicket after spending reasonable time at the middle. He should realize that there are numerous others waiting in the wings..

I think thats a golden oppurtunity wasted by kohliii.
Tendulkar goneeeeeeeeeeee

One of these youngsters need to cement the place in the squad. Rohit got an extended run the team and I hope that Kohli gets it too. The selectors need to be patient with him and not keep chopping and changing.

Tendulkar on 16993 runs and out
India 94-3 after 18.5 overs - need 157 more @ 5 an over

Yuvraj will take these guys to the cleaners.

It'll be the same old story, Yuvraj takes the game away from Australia and gets out with about 20 runs to go....Dhoni takes them home and india win.

I don't think there is any interest in the series. It is too long and happens too often. The number of posts are going down every match. Maybe a timing issue as first match was a day match but then first match usually has more interest

Damn ! Hawkeye shows the ball was missing the leg stump in Tendulkar's dismissal. Not a convincing decision.

Last edited:
This is what i like about Australia, even though they are not the same force anymore they still fight and try to make it as hard for the opposition as possible
with the start ind got, many oppositions would have just let the game slip away.
They are indeed a very tough competitive unit

if Aus can get couple of wickets in the next 50 runs, then the game will be on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back