India v Australia | 4th ODI | Mohali | 02/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to the bunny he wasnt even in position when he made the throw and he still hits the stumps.............I dont think Riana will stick around with Dhoni...

Dhoni is the man now for India. can he win one more for his team?

Romali_rotti said:
Hats off to the bunny he wasnt even in position when he made the throw and he still hits the stumps.............I dont think Riana will stick around with Dhoni...
He certainly is the best fielder in International cricket, has been for a long time now. Considering his age, that's incredible.

Its quite amazing as to how many times this guy can hit the stumps direct. Should be one of the best ground fielders of all time. Jonty was brilliant but wasn't that good getting direct hits.

Ponting is better with direct hits! Oz need to get another wicket to set India back a little! Batting powerplay is still left!

Damn these EVIL BCCI, we should have had neutral umpiring instead of these Indian umpires, Dhoni might have gotten away with it .......

good opportunity for Jadeja , not too steep rrr ...which wan never his game , but he can play under pressure ..

Ponting is great with hits and as close fielder (slips or silly/short positions). Has great reflexes and still goes stand at these silly positions.

Dhoni out last over
MS Dhoni c †Manou b Bollinger 26 (46b 2x4 0x6) SR: 56.52

India 152-5 after 32.3 overs - need 99 more to win @ 5.65

Jadeja holds the key here for India. If he stays there till the end, India should win this comfortably.

Wassixpakistani said:
Jadeja in Test Mode . Funny , not one boundary from Rhino yet :/ .
He has only faced 6 balls. That is how Tendu, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc started. You do know that he saved so many runs while bowling

And Raina out to Watson. He will get a timeout now
India 156-6 after 34.2 overs

Watson to Raina, OUT, bowled him!! Hauritz draws Raina forward with his length, pitches on middle and turns past Raina's timid prod to hit off stump, massive blow and Australia are on their way here

SK Raina b Watson 17 (30b 0x4 0x6) SR: 56.66

WTH iz thiz !!! Hauritzzz ?

12thMan said:
He has only faced 6 balls. That is how Tendu, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc started. You do know that he saved so many runs while bowling

Tendu,Yuvraj,Dhoni came before this guy and at a time when acceleration was not needed . He's right now 2 from 7 with only Bhajji as a recognised batsman left . Both ways of playing are right now suitable to him , Defend and let Bhajji do the scoring or Attack alongside Bhajji .

Wassixpakistani said:
Tendu,Yuvraj,Dhoni came before this guy and at a time when acceleration was not needed . He's right now 2 from 7 with only Bhajji as a recognised batsman left . Both ways of playing are right now suitable to him , Defend and let Bhajji do the scoring or Attack alongside Bhajji .

even now we dont need acceleration , any total less than 320 is about playing sensibly & keeping wickets with 10 overs to go

There are 15 overs left and required RR is below 6. I just don't appreciate when people don't like the Jadeja. He is the only hope India has.
Tendu SR 59
Dhoni 57
Yuvraj 57
Raina 57
and ta ta tarum
Jadeja SR 70

jusarrived said:
even now we dont need acceleration , any total less than 320 is about playing sensibly & keeping wickets with 10 overs to go

Yes it is but if Lets say Bhajji falls now and the next to come in is nehra with X amount of runs with same X amount of balls . Can the tail last long ? Won't it be better if X amount of runs was less then the amount of balls . But a scenario like this will only required if we don't have trust in these 2 , I know have that they can take India through .

12thMan said:
There are 15 overs left and required RR is below 6. I just don't appreciate when people don't like the Jadeja. He is the only hope India has.
Tendu SR 59
Dhoni 57
Yuvraj 57
Raina 57
and ta ta tarum
Jadeja SR 70

people forget hes actually out bowled Harbajan in almost every match hes played & his batting is being judged based on just one T20 match ..I think he has a role in this indian team , at least ODI's ...& hes only 20 remember !

I expect to see Bhajji fireworks in the Batting Powerplay , This match seems to be going like the PAk vs Nz Ct Semi-final .

Wassixpakistani said:
Yes it is but if Lets say Bhajji falls now and the next to come in is nehra with X amount of runs with same X amount of balls . Can the tail last long ? Won't it be better if X amount of runs was less then the amount of balls . But a scenario like this will only required if we don't have trust in these 2 , I know have that they can take India through .

when you are 6 down with about 100 runs to get , i dont think you can have a planB ...if planA fails , thats pretty much the end of the match ..PlanA now is to not lose wickets & these two taking as close as possible to the total ie possible with taking minimal risks

jusarrived said:
when you are 6 down with about 100 runs to get , i dont think you can have a planB ...if planA fails , thats pretty much the end of the match ..PlanA now is to not lose wickets & these two taking as close as possible to the total ie possible with taking minimal risks

That's where you and I have different opinions . Just like to say , Plan-A seems the best option right now >_> , but just getting the feeling that something's gonna happen in the Batting powerplay .

Last edited:
The target seems pretty much gettable from here on . They gotta keep scoring like this and not loose wickets . Tough ask .

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Your "Bhajji >>> Nazir" post still cracks me up.

I was serious though :D

soft dismissal in the end , messed up the chase big time here

PK actually opens of UP in T20s and ODI's once in a while , awalys wondered why .not a bad no9

35 from 36
PP over now!
We will have to wait and see if Praveen can still hit with regular fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back