India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically this match tells you that no matter how great India's batting, their bowling will remain garbage and can't even defend 338 :)))

Cricinfo being harsh on Zaheer.

Match tied Well well well. Zaheer pretty much got India back into that match on his own but it was his short run from the last ball of India's innings that has ended up costing them the match!

Best match of the World Cup. No doubt about it. I was supporting England for some reason, even though I didn't really care much about the match. :))

psychologically .. its England's win ... as they chased under lights wat seemed to be impossible target for them!!!!

Tie match but India lost for me!

England's a happy side today...any other team could've got them for 250 considering the pressure of such a huge total.

cricinfo biased..as always
Zaheer Khan brought India back into their game against England in Bangalore with three quick

I don't know whether to feel happy for not losing the game which we should have lost or feel bad for not winning the game which we nearly won :?

Feel bad for the Strauss though, he deserved a win more than our team for that superb captain's knock

No matter what, you should feel bad as your team couldn't defend 338! Bad bowling yeah?

But the winner in the end is 50 overs cricket!:)

Whattta match!! A thriller!!

Good job England, and that too in a very high pressure situation! If it wasn't for Zaheer Khan, India would have lost this match a long time back. So credit to him too for making the match as exciting as it was.

I don't know whether to feel happy for not losing the game which we should have lost or feel bad for not winning the game which we nearly won :?

Feel bad for the Strauss though, he deserved a win more than our team for that superb captain's knock

You should feel bad because India should have won this one but Indian bowling is just not good enough

Remember the one run short off the last ball of the Indian innings! Important in the end, but really a fantastic match, very enjoyable.

As an india fan, I have to say - Indian bowling still sucks mothballs. Getting hit for those 3 sixes at the end was about as pathetic as it could get. Sorry state of affairs, can kiss the WC goodbye with this type of bowling performance in the knockout stage.

This is one of the worst days of my life :(

we couldnt win this, damn it

Cricinfo being harsh on Zaheer.

Match tied Well well well. Zaheer pretty much got India back into that match on his own but it was his short run from the last ball of India's innings that has ended up costing them the match!

What? :20:

What's wrong with cricinfo?!

Dhoni was smiling while walking off the field, dont know why?

We were dead and buried till England batters collapsed post 42nd over. Game was never under our control once strauss started hitting those beautiful boundaries. So he must be feeling very relieved of not having a defeat. So that could be a relief smile rather than anything else.

Last edited:
Yeah India cannot defend 338 next time try scoring 350 and they might get lucky...!
Great Game by English. For me England Won!

Brilliant innings by Strauss ... trumps over the one by Tandulkar.

And Tandulkar century didn't bring the game home...typical.

After setting a target of 339, India should have won this match comfortably! Even at the start of the last over, the match was in their hands. :))

We were dead and buried till England batters collapsed post 42nd over. Game was never under our control once strauss started hitting those beautiful boundaries. So he must be feeling very relieved of not having a defeat. So that could be a relief smile rather than anything else.
That was a choke from England or was it a good comeback from India...Take ur pick

bloody tie, never wanted that result , this world cup is a nasty one , good cricket though england or india does not matter it is the Cricket that brings you the feeling.

Last edited:
Regardless of the result,i am not at all happy.Pathetic performance by India and even pathetic captaicy by Dhoni.

Stunning game of cricket and in the end a tie was a fair result! stunning effort by bresnan and shehzad to get england a tie with some monster blows at end. Strauss should be proud of his knock and a tie!

"For the world cup you need a tight ****" - Michael Waugh.

Now what if Gayle plays a blinder and India lose and finally end up the 4 th best team in the group .and then if Pakistan top the other group - do we have India / Pakistan QF ?

Wicket was flat compared to first innings.

Dhoni fails! :)))

Dhoni at least admitted that not defending 338 was pretty poor, and improvements need to be made...

England lost the plot when they took the batting power play and India lost it in the last 2 overs. Both teams will be relieved.

They ran a run short in the last over. To blame Zaheer for that is stupid.

It was Zaheer who brought India back into the game. Otherwise, England were running away with it.

There were far more crucial things that India did wrong than Zaheer running a short run in the last over!

Lol the point is completely lost on the thread that the so called superior English bowling attach also conceded 338 runs. Agreed it is difficult to chase a tall order under pressure but England got just the right kind of lucky break as well at the start. So a tie is a fair reflection of the proceedings today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back