India vs Pakistan - Past 10 years and looking ahead

AamchiMumbaikar

T20I Debutant
Runs
Folks,

As the bilateral ties are going to resume soon between the sub continent rivals, let's take a look at what happened in the last decade -

Since the "Jeetlo Dil" series when IND travelled to PAK after many years in 2004

TEST series results -

2004 series -> IND won 3-2
2005 series -> Tied 1-1
2006 series -> Pak won 1-0
2007 series -> IND won 1-0

Bi-lateral series results -

2004 -> IND won 3-2
2005 -> Tied 1-1
2005 -> PAK won 4-2
2006 -> IND won 4-1
2007 -> IND won 3-2

Apart from these in the last 10 years, one off instances when they met each other -

2003 WC - IND
2004 CT - PAK
2004 Asia cup - PAK
2007 T20 league game - IND
2007 T20 WC Final - IND
2008 Kitply cup - PAK
2008 Asia cup (match 1) - IND
2008 Asia cup (match 2) - PAK
2009 CT - PAK
2010 Asia cup - IND
2011 WC - IND
2012 Asia cup - IND
2012 T20 WC - IND

So overall in the last 10 years -> IND (26) && PAK (19)

2012 -> ???

Its a case of Pakistan declining in the cricketing world and India's decline.

I remember Pakistan during the years 2002/3, guys like inzamam, younus and moyo @ their peak. The bowling attack was also quite good. But since the 2007 WC, with their shocking exit from the Group Stages, Pakistan never were that team they were before. Corruption, security issues at home, disciplinary issues, and the retirement of top players has lead to such a weakened Pakistani side we had today.

India on the other hand grew very strong after a similar exit from the world cup. They won the 07 T20WC, became no. 1 in tests and eventually go on to win the 2011CWC. Their batting order looks as solid as ever with young guys like kohli and raina. The present Indian team is probably the very best in their history

And as expected we see those results

Pakistan clearly pawned by India in last 10 years .

Meaningless Odis in Bilateral Series , CT and Asia cups dont matter much either compared to Wc matches .

I'm happy even with the 5-0 lead in Wc's in last ten years .

Still PAK bring their 'A' game when they play IND in non-WC matches, there has never been a clean sweep by either side AFAIR in any series so far!

PAK last def IND in an ODI on SEP 09 & never in T20's because we met only in WC's.

Pakistan lack quality batsmen ..... so I do not see this trend changing soon.

Pakistan's Problem is lack of good fast bowlers these days...

TEST series results -

I believe there were only three tests, so a 3-2 result is highly surprising :)

It was 2-1 in India's favor

Pakistan lack quality batsmen and fast bowlers.
Wahan bacha kya? Kamran akmal? :D
i think its the fast bowlers who used to win us matches against india .Batsmen usually made little contributions.

Pakistan lacks quality fast bowlers and quality batsmen but apart from that we are a great side who can beat any team on its day .

Pakistan lacks quality fast bowlers and quality batsmen but apart from that we are a great side who can beat any team on its day .

:)))
Apart from batsmen and bowlers, who else plays? Even your wicketkeeper drops more than what he catches.

Lack of batsmen : Check

Lack of bowlers : Check

Bhai what the eff is left to say "apart from that" :)))

Folks,

As the bilateral ties are going to resume soon between the sub continent rivals, let's take a look at what happened in the last decade -

Since the "Jeetlo Dil" series when IND travelled to PAK after many years in 2004

TEST series results -

2005 series -> Tied 1-1

2004 -> IND won 3-2
2005 -> Tied 1-1
2005 -> PAK won 4-2
2006 -> IND won 4-1
2007 -> IND won 3-2

Apart from these in the last 10 years, one off instances when they met each other -

2003 WC - IND
2004 CT - PAK
2004 Asia cup - PAK
2007 T20 WC Final - IND
2008 Kitply cup - PAK
2009 CT - PAK
2010 Asia cup - IND
2011 WC - IND
2012 Asia cup - IND
2012 T20 WC - IND

2012 -> ???

You missed 2 games that Pakistan won
1) Netherlands ODI in 2004
2) Jubilee Match in 2004 in which Butt scored a 100.

2007 T20 League games goes as a tie, not as a win.

You missed 2 games that Pakistan won
1) Netherlands ODI in 2004
2) Jubilee Match in 2004 in which Butt scored a 100.

2007 T20 League games goes as a tie, not as a win.
That makes it slightly better for Pakistan
india25:21pakistan

I believe there were only three tests, so a 3-2 result is highly surprising :)

It was 2-1 in India's favor

Thanks Monsee for correcting :)

Results are not at all 1 sided as many perceive, it will be a close series in DEC.

Has there ever been a white wash by either teams anytime?

Definitely a change in attitude of Indians...Excitement is still the same, Happiness is even more, But prior to a important game we are confident that we will win against Pakistan...
In past 20 years, India has improved or maintained its level while same can not be said about Pakistani bowling.

Folks,

TEST series results -

2005 series -> Tied 1-1

2004 -> IND won 3-2
2005 -> Tied 1-1
2005 -> PAK won 4-2
2006 -> IND won 4-1
2007 -> IND won 3-2

2003 WC - IND
2004 CT - PAK
2004 Asia cup - PAK
2007 T20 WC Final - IND
2008 Kitply cup - PAK
2009 CT - PAK
2010 Asia cup - IND
2011 WC - IND
2012 Asia cup - IND
2012 T20 WC - IND

2012 -> ???
Can you pull up a stats who won more game while India defending and pakistan chasing? Tht will be an intresting stats which will highlight which is worse - Indian Bowling or Pak Batting.
P.S Indian batting vs Pak bowling no comparison.

26 vs 21 and people talking that india Pwnd us..... LOL !
Yes india have been better then us in the last decade but we still manage to do ok in a period that has been so troublesome !

How's the overall record though (ie the biggest statistical sample)

[its gone very quiet]

I guess we just a had slight upper hand, the record has still been quite even in last 10 years actually.

considering how disheveled we have been and how strong the Indian batting was that head to head is not that bad at all.

That is for ODIs..

Some people blame my ID for Pakistan's slump since I selected the ID..... because I became member in Feb 2006 and up to Feb 2006 .. the record is 63-35 in ODIs.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...anval1=span;team=7;template=results;type=team

Since Feb 2006, the record is: 6-13. :(

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...anval2=span;team=7;template=results;type=team

Gonna go up...nothing in this pakistan team excites me that can beat the World Champions

Nasir Jamshed & Saeed Ajmal

Ajmal has another 2-3 years of cricket left in him. Jamshed hasn't done enough to be in the boots of Inzi/Moyo/Anwar etc. In another decade, the figure will be something like 75-70 in Pak's favour.

Ajmal has another 2-3 years of cricket left in him. Jamshed hasn't done enough to be in the boots of Inzi/Moyo/Anwar etc. In another decade, the figure will be something like 75-70 in Pak's favour.

Why? Because India can't produce any more talented youngsters like - :umarakmal:ahmed:harissohail:raza:nj

Why? Because India can't produce any more talented youngsters like - :umarakmal:ahmed:harissohail:raza:nj

Well if you see my figure, it means in the next decade the results will be 22-7 in India's favour, so you can easily calculate what will happen after a decade and 2 years :kohli

And from your list of youngster brigade, I only rate Nasir Jamshed. Even U.Akmal has failed to live upto the expectations.

...nothing in this pakistan team excites me that can beat the World Champions

So does that mean if you lived through 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s..... you'd be one heck of excited guy?

attachment.php

Yet, people still hype up PAK-IND matches as if they're the next best thing.

Sure, that could be said in the past. Now it's just a one sided match with India winning every time - and Pakistan failing to perform when the matches actually matter.

Ind-Pak games are still exciting.

Honestly Indian supporters used to cringe back in 90's when ever we played Pak. We knew that we would get our bottoms kicked. But those were the days when our batting was Tendu + Bozos and Bowling was Kumble + Srinath + Bozos.

Since 2000, India's fortunes changed. Lots of match winners emerged. Our bowling is still laughable. But batting is world class in subcontinent conditions.

As long as Indian batting keeps on firing, they will have little trouble in beating Pak.

India has no upcoming batsmen unlike Pakistan.
Here are future Pakistani Batsmen: :umarakmal:rameez:ahmed:harissohail:usman:afaq:nj:shahzaib

Virat Kohli gonna mix it up further, spinners are nullified so a proper seam attack needed, it was suicidal relying on spinners in last 2 World Cup games.

Virat Kohli gonna mix it up further, spinners are nullified so a proper seam attack needed, it was suicidal relying on spinners in last 2 World Cup games.

PAK didn't depend entirely on spinners in 2011 WC game, Gul was smacked & Riaz did well. Ajmal was okay.

Even in Asia cup (Kohli's 183 match), Gul, Riaz & Cheema played.

It's not about spin/ fast, PAK bowling unit are not performing well in recent times against IND.

H2H in the last 6 years is 13 (IND) && PAK (6)

That is for ODIs..

Some people blame my ID for Pakistan's slump since I selected the ID..... because I became member in Feb 2006 and up to Feb 2006 .. the record is 63-35 in ODIs.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...anval1=span;team=7;template=results;type=team

Since Feb 2006, the record is: 6-13. :(

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...anval2=span;team=7;template=results;type=team

lol..
Real culprit is someone among those, who have joined after Champions trophy 09 victory and before Asia Cup 10 loss.

considering how disheveled we have been and how strong the Indian batting was that head to head is not that bad at all.

Come on, till Inzi was there, it was 19-20 ka difference.

Ind-Pak games are still exciting.

Honestly Indian supporters used to cringe back in 90's when ever we played Pak. We knew that we would get our bottoms kicked. But those were the days when our batting was Tendu + Bozos and Bowling was Kumble + Srinath + Bozos.

Since 2000, India's fortunes changed. Lots of match winners emerged. Our bowling is still laughable. But batting is world class in subcontinent conditions.

As long as Indian batting keeps on firing, they will have little trouble in beating Pak.

Please, Azhar, Dravid, Ganguly, Jadeja were not Bozos. They still boast one of the best batting line ups in the world at that time.

Please, Azhar, Dravid, Ganguly, Jadeja were not Bozos. They still boast one of the best batting line ups in the world at that time.

Not really. I agree Ganguly was good but Dravid was not great in the late nineties especially against Pak. Azhar had well past his prime (match fixing, etc). Jadeja was good till 1996-7 and after that didnt do any thing great to write home about. Add to it a constant stream of mediocre batsmen in Ramesh, Kanitkar, Das, etc.....

If pak play india it should be a better contest thanks to psl and change in fitness culture after micky appointment. Our bowling of Aamir, hasan, rumman and shadab with shaheen waiting in the wings looks great. By 2019 world cup psl might have got us a few big hitters down the order and a sharjeel replacement which we are lacking.
Which young players can make it for 2019 world cup?

Last edited:
There is no use looking ahead. There will not be any bilateral matches in forseeable future. so better get reconciled to it.

Back