Indian Punjabi Movies Thread

Torpedo

Local Club Regular
Runs
I've watched a few, and some of them are quite entertaining. My fave one is Mahaul Theek Hai, which is a comedy riot.

The last one I watched was Dharti which was not bad. Any one else a fan of them?

dharti-bn-tp.gif

I watched one about a girl who comes from Canada and all boys want to marry her;) cant remember the name but it was funny

put good recent Pak Punjabi films also! suna tha yaha hero ko sou thed sou bandanko maarna padatha hain ek film mein! such hey kya? sunny deol ka pak equalent koi hey kya? who can pluck trees with bare hands!

Some old ones were good. The new ones are just like Bollywood Hindi ones.

Some old ones were good. The new ones are just like Bollywood Hindi ones.

Incorrect, ll post the trailers of latest ones later, it's almost nearing to carve it's own identity finally.

Carry on Jatta :)))

This reminded me of back in the day in 2012, I was doing an internship in a remote area in Alberta for an oil drilling company. All the interns were housed in this dorm style building and the small group of Pakistanis and Indians became close buddies. There was this Indian Sikh guy from Vancouver who was also an intern there. The Sikh guy was the only intern who had a car, he drove a fast Beamer and naturally we all became his best friends :ashwin

Long story short I think the original Carry on Jatta came out around that time and this guy loved that song to the moon and back. So much so that he would have it playing on repeat where ever we went. We all got so sick and tired of that song. To this day that song is stuck in my head...."carry on... carry on.... carry on... Jatta"

Carry on Jatta :)))

This reminded me of back in the day in 2012, I was doing an internship in a remote area in Alberta for an oil drilling company. All the interns were housed in this dorm style building and the small group of Pakistanis and Indians became close buddies. There was this Indian Sikh guy from Vancouver who was also an intern there. The Sikh guy was the only intern who had a car, he drove a fast Beamer and naturally we all became his best friends :ashwin

Long story short I think the original Carry on Jatta came out around that time and this guy loved that song to the moon and back. So much so that he would have it playing on repeat where ever we went. We all got so sick and tired of that song. To this day that song is stuck in my head...."carry on... carry on.... carry on... Jatta"

that song has such a catch tune. i had two tamil colleagues who had no idea about the lyrics and had that song on repeat for weeks.. one of them had it has his caller tune, forcing all of us to listen to that song..

@<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=137142" target="_blank">JaDed</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3v3IplIBQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZpYP-o9W4 from yesteryear were good. That Mehar Mittal who past on recently was a good comedian. After him Punjabi culture seems to have been overlooked due to Bollywoodization of the industry. It had a good honest paindoo identity in the 70's and 80's. Long live the paindoo's!:)

Paindoo types:

Another Paindo type:

1962 Indo-China Paramvir chakra war movie:

Jimmy's new movie, really like Jimmy Shergill as an actor since Maachis.

It's been ages since I saw a Punjabi movie but some of the trailers do look interesting.
Punjabi movies are best when they have the self-depreciating,latthmarr Punjabi sense of humour.
They get very irritating when they are the jingoistic I am better than everyone just because I am Punjabi/Sikh/Jatt .
Even this movie looks interesting and funny and I like how they have incorporated demonetisation.

Back