Injustice to Afghanistan cricket when they have to depend on BCCI, one of the richest boards in the world, which cannot afford ground covers?

I haven't lived in the US or Canada just visited so I'm not sure what the house hold situation is, but I'm sure that the majority of people don't wash their dishes in the bathroom.
its the same water. splits right near kitchen and bath and both drain to the same outlet.

True in homes and hotels.

Your post also mentioned BCCI itself offered Noida.

That is where the confusion is coming from. Why are BCCI offering a banned and unmanaged stadium?

If the BCCI offers 3 stadiums then the ACB probably thought they were equally as good and made a decision without knowing about the toilet water.

If a stadium is banned by BCCI, not under control of BCCI or UPCA how and why will the BCCI offer it?

Why will BCCI then offer two regular test grounds of Kanpur and bangalore?

If ACB has logistical issues, how did they play their last two tests in other cities?

The claims by this ACB official Raz need to be verified.

Is it cheap to hire directly?

This is a banned stadium. Hardly anyone uses it. BCCI banned it in 2017.

There are hardly any facilities.

Since this isn't a BCCI controlled stadium and is owned privately ACB went and negotiated.

So ofcourse they gave it to ACB for whatever they could get.

Since this isn't a BCCI controlled stadium and is owned privately ACB went and negotiated.

You cant blame the BCCI if they bypassed them and still chose this venue. The blame goes to the Afghan board.

Wow they washed their utensils in toilet water?
No.

As for the stadium, ACB was offered two venues, Bangalore and Kanpur. They refused both of them. The NOIDA stadium is not international test standard. It is only given to ACB for practice matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

As for the stadium, ACB was offered two venues, Bangalore and Kanpur. They refused both of them. The NOIDA stadium is not international test standard. It is only given to ACB for practice matches.
Ah the usual lets blame Pakistan tactic!

Please see below. This is from Indian media.

"A viral image from Greater Noida Stadium shows catering staff using toilet water, sparking outrage. The venue, hosting Afghanistan vs New Zealand."

"Trigger Warning! Utensils Cleaned In Toilet As Sickening Scenes Hog Limelight In Greater Noida." "Shocking scenes have emerged from Greater Noida Stadium, where a few pictures have gone viral showing a catering person using the toilet water to clean the utensils. It has raised several questions at the Noida Sports Authority."

"A viral image from Greater Noida Stadium shows catering staff using toilet water, sparking outrage. The venue, hosting Afghanistan vs New Zealand."

"Trigger Warning! Utensils Cleaned In Toilet As Sickening Scenes Hog Limelight In Greater Noida." "Shocking scenes have emerged from Greater Noida Stadium, where a few pictures have gone viral showing a catering person using the toilet water to clean the utensils. It has raised several questions at the Noida Sports Authority."
Aha yes. Use Indian media as if it is gospel, particularly when it suits your narrative. Otherwise it's all Godi Media writing lies, isnt it?

Do you think New Zealand would have sent their team to play there if this was true? This was an international test, not some school tournament.

Aha yes. Use Indian media as if it is gospel, particularly when it suits your narrative. Otherwise it's all Godi Media writing lies, isnt it?

Do you think New Zealand would have sent their team to play there if this was true? This was an international test, not some school tournament.
I didn't present a narrative. There is literally pictures of them washing at the edge of urinals, the Afghanistanis are upset and the media is the one making revelations of the toilet water.

If I ignored all of this and pretended it didn't happen that would be presenting a narrative!

Are you claiming that none of this happened?

As far as the New Zealanders - they are from a first world country. It is a normal fact of life for them that people won't wash in filthy conditions. I doubt it figured much in their pre-match assessments because it is completely abnormal!

I didn't present a narrative. There is literally pictures of them washing at the edge of urinals, the Afghanistanis are upset and the media is the one making revelations of the toilet water.

If I ignored all of this and pretended it didn't happen that would be presenting a narrative!

Are you claiming that none of this happened?

As far as the New Zealanders - they are from a first world country. It is a normal fact of life for them that people won't wash in filthy conditions. I doubt it figured much in their pre-match assessments because it is completely abnormal!
I am not claiming that none of this happened. I just find it difficult to believe that it allegedly happened in a venue that was about to host an international test involving a team like New Zealand, who are normally very particular about the safety and sanitation in the venues they play in.
And teams and players from all over the world regularly visit India, even spend months playing the IPL. So it is certainly not the normal state of affairs, particularly in cricketing venues.

And yes, the Indian media is very capable of writing rubbish, as some Pakistanis are of gleefully pushing negative stuff about India.

I am not claiming that none of this happened. I just find it difficult to believe that it allegedly happened in a venue that was about to host an international test involving a team like New Zealand, who are normally very particular about the safety and sanitation in the venues they play in.
And teams and players from all over the world regularly visit India, even spend months playing the IPL. So it is certainly not the normal state of affairs, particularly in cricketing venues.

And yes, the Indian media is very capable of writing rubbish, as some Pakistanis are of gleefully pushing negative stuff about India.
I haven't said it was normal, of course it isn't. India holds games throughout the year without complaints and we see from the IPL there has never been any complaints from foreigners.

Something seriously wrong happened here though. It seems to have fallen between the cracks because of the number of stakeholders involved.

And I don't think the administration in India is completely to blame but they aren't absolved from blame completely either.

This is clearly fake news brother...you know how untrustworthy Indian media is right? So pls take this news with pinch of salt as nothing of this sort has happened.

This is clearly fake news brother...you know how untrustworthy Indian media is right? So pls take this news with pinch of salt as nothing of this sort has happened.
I thought republic now is owned by that Goswami guy? If a patriot is making these allegations they must have some substance.

This venue is not administered either by the state cricket board or by the BCCI I think

It was banned by the BCCI for holding a private league without permission way back in 2017.

I don't think any domestic cricket takes place here even.

Every time Afghanistan does well the media/ex cricketers from both Pakistan and India does not hasitate to mention how BCCI and PCB helped Afghanistan.

PCB and BCCI does not do charity. If ACB hires a Pakistan coach or use Indian ground they pay for it. Nothing is given free.

This falls back on corrupt ACB officials. Went for the cheap options and probably stole some money in the process as well.

I don't know if BCCI is involved?. This ground does not have drainage facilities. I feel NZ was scammed.

Very bad for AFG and that too happened under the nose of BCCI, surely someone from officials would had advised AFG better. NZ travelled all the way only to see damp ground

This venue is not administered either by the state cricket board or by the BCCI I think

It was banned by the BCCI for holding a private league without permission way back in 2017.

I don't think any domestic cricket takes place here even.
Why is BCCI allowing an international match in a banned stadium in India?

Lol so who offered them three venues? If not BCCI.They were offered three venues including Bangalore but they chose this one.

One question arise who was offering them these venues?

It's BCCI's fault that they are being treated like Delhi' general public. Delhi is the worst city in the world.

Oh really? Is this is why ICL was killed?

ICL hired a number of these type of grounds. BCCI couldn't stop them. That's why ICL ran for 3 seasons.

BCCI could only ban its players and not give its stadiums. Since the league was unsanctioned ICC also banned it.

Lol so who offered them three venues? If not BCCI.They were offered three venues including Bangalore but they chose this one.

One question arise who was offering them these venues?

It's BCCI's fault that they are being treated like Delhi' general public. Delhi is the worst city in the world.

BCCI offered them Kanpur and Bangalore.

This stadium was given to them in 2016. But BCCI banned it in 2017.

Afghanistan hosted its last matches in India in Dehradun and Lucknow. Not here.

How can BCCI offer a stadium it doesn't own or operate.

ACB made a cut deal. Got a cheap stadium to pocket some money.

If a stadium is banned by home board BCCI, why an international test match was allowed by ICC with all it's officials there? It's a combined failure of ICC, BCB, NZ cricket board & BCCI

If a stadium is banned by home board BCCI, why an international test match was allowed by ICC with all it's officials there? It's a combined failure of ICC, BCB, NZ cricket board & BCCI

ACB hired the stadium. ICC gave permission.

If BCCI doesn't want to play there that's fine, but lawfully they can't stop others.

If BCCI doesn't want to play there that's fine, but lawfully they can't stop others.
ICC gives permission in India and not BCCI? BCCI which controls cricket in India can't stop two foreign countries play cricket in India? Man are you even hearing yourself?

It has been proved that BCCI has nothing to do with this ground, yet the thread title is BCCI cannot afford covers.
Not proven yet. They are still providing assistance via super soakers etc. The situation is not as clear cut as you are making it.

Does that mean any cricket board can organise their home test matches of international status in India at any random ground with ICC officials and without the approval of BCCI? I don't think that's possible without prior approval of BCCI & government

Does that mean any cricket board can organise their home test matches of international status in India at any random ground with ICC officials and without the approval of BCCI? I don't think that's possible without prior approval of BCCI & government
Govt. approval would be necessary for logistics, visas etc.
BCCI cannot exercise control over conduct of such matches in stadiums that are not controlled by BCCI itself.

Not proven yet. They are still providing assistance via super soakers etc. The situation is not as clear cut as you are making it.
1. This is banned stadium by BCCI since 2017. It is literally a local ground. BCCI has just been providing whatever they can as per Afghanistan's choices.
2. ACB was offered Kanpur and Bangalore as venue, they themselves chose this stadium as logistics suited Afghanistan better with connectivity to Delhi being easier.

Naz said they had been offered to host the Test in the northern city of Kanpur or the southern city of Bengaluru but had opted for Greater Noida. "We chose Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was closer to Delhi and also connectivity from Kabul was better," said Naz.

1. This is banned stadium by BCCI since 2017. It is literally a local ground. BCCI has just been providing whatever they can as per Afghanistan's choices.
2. ACB was offered Kanpur and Bangalore as venue, they themselves chose this stadium as logistics suited Afghanistan better with connectivity to Delhi being easier.

Naz said they had been offered to host the Test in the northern city of Kanpur or the southern city of Bengaluru but had opted for Greater Noida. "We chose Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was closer to Delhi and also connectivity from Kabul was better," said Naz.

There is other statements where they claim to be offered greater noida too by the BCCI.

BCCI is also assisting with super soakers etc so they are still involved and it leads me to believe its credible what the Afghans are saying. So you cannot absolve them completely yet as from the Afghan perspective the BCCI gave them the option to play here.

Also the BCCI has banned this stadium for BCCI affiliated events. This is not a BCCI affiliated event so perhaps the ban doesn't apply.

Anyway here is the full statement from the Afghanistan guy not the abridged version you have posted.

“The BCCI offered us three venues – Kanpur, Bengaluru, and this one. We chose to play at Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was a two-hour drive from Delhi airport,” Afghanistan board's international cricket manager Menhajuddin Raz told reporters.

So far when Indians have presented with quotes they have said everyone is lying apart from them. When presented with washing in dirty toilet water they blamed Pakistan and now I guess you will say the Afghanistanis are liars too.

Govt. approval would be necessary for logistics, visas etc.
BCCI cannot exercise control over conduct of such matches in stadiums that are not controlled by BCCI itself.
BCCI can certainly control such mishap by sending clear message to BCB, ICC & NZC that the venue selected is not approved by them and doesn't meet international standards. Afghanistan can never organise international test matches at substandard Venus in Eng or Australia.

There is other statements where they claim to be offered greater noida too by the BCCI.

BCCI is also assisting with super soakers etc so they are still involved and it leads me to believe its credible what the Afghans are saying. So you cannot absolve them completely yet as from the Afghan perspective the BCCI gave them the option to play here.

Also the BCCI has banned this stadium for BCCI affiliated events. This is not a BCCI affiliated event so perhaps the ban doesn't apply.

Anyway here is the full statement from the Afghanistan guy not the abridged version you have posted.

“The BCCI offered us three venues – Kanpur, Bengaluru, and this one. We chose to play at Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was a two-hour drive from Delhi airport,” Afghanistan board's international cricket manager Menhajuddin Raz told reporters.

So far when Indians have presented with quotes they have said everyone is lying apart from them. When presented with washing in dirty toilet water they blamed Pakistan and now I guess you will say the Afghanistanis are liars too.
and read the full context, the stadium is not operated by BCCI. BCCI had offered support but cannot barge into a stadium that is not owned or operated by them. Stadium authorities did not keep BCCI or UPCA in loop despite repeated attempts.
ACB opted this stadium due to their familiarity but will be wise to chose other well maintained stadiums in the future.
Its not like India has shortage of stadiums unlike Pakistan.

You are always free to believe whatever you want, facts are not defined by your beliefs!

Indians call them their brother and their second team no????

Brotherhood should be fruitful for them. This kind of treatment is not what they would have expected. Toilet water etc etc.
Feel free to bookmark this post, but the so-called Indian-Afghani "brotherhood" is just one incident away from crumbling. All these fake 'pappiyan' and 'jhappiyan' will disappear in no time. :inti

and read the full context, the stadium is not operated by BCCI. BCCI had offered support but cannot barge into a stadium that is not owned or operated by them. Stadium authorities did not keep BCCI or UPCA in loop despite repeated attempts.
ACB opted this stadium due to their familiarity but will be wise to chose other well maintained stadiums in the future.
Its not like India has shortage of stadiums unlike Pakistan.

You are always free to believe whatever you want, facts are not defined by your beliefs!
You haven't shown a fact just a cherry picked quote and then done the usual thing of throwing random insults at Pakistan. The Afghans claim BCCI offered them this stadium. Why would they do that if they have completely disowned the stadium and this match. It is like me saying offering my neighbours car to someone.

Are you saying the Afghans are lying and BCCI didn't offer them Greater Noida? That is the only other conclusion. Instead of dancing around it why don't you say that you think the Afghans are lying?

And let's be clear here. It's YOUR stadium that is soaked to the ground and YOUR people cleaning dishes in toilet water next to an active urinal. No need to throw random insults at Pakistan.

Feel free to bookmark this post, but the so-called Indian-Afghani "brotherhood" is just one incident away from crumbling. All these fake 'pappiyan' and 'jhappiyan' will disappear in no time. :inti

It has already disappeared when people start defending the treatment that BCCI did with Afghans. BCCI could have accommodated them out of courtesy or brotherhood but they left Afghna board stranded and the one-off test has become a joke.

How does it feel to be an unpaid lawyer for a body that doesnt know you even exist.

Like galtee maan lo, india ke izat kum nahi hoti

Government of India gave their approval way back in 2016. That approval stands.

So BCCI cannot stop ACB from playing in India.

ICC gives permission in India and not BCCI? BCCI which controls cricket in India can't stop two foreign countries play cricket in India? Man are you even hearing yourself?

When government of India has given permission way back in 2016 and that permission hasn't been revoked, BCCI cannot do anything to stop the ACB from playing a match.

Especially when the ground isn't BCCI's.

BCCI can certainly control such mishap by sending clear message to BCB, ICC & NZC that the venue selected is not approved by them and doesn't meet international standards. Afghanistan can never organise international test matches at substandard Venus in Eng or Australia.

ICC had approved this ground for international matches in 2016.

It has already disappeared when people start defending the treatment that BCCI did with Afghans. BCCI could have accommodated them out of courtesy or brotherhood but they left Afghna board stranded and the one-off test has become a joke.

So BCCI offered 2 test grounds for accommodation. ACB refused.

ACB isn't going to spoil its relationship with India, because of pakistanis.

You haven't shown a fact just a cherry picked quote and then done the usual thing of throwing random insults at Pakistan. The Afghans claim BCCI offered them this stadium. Why would they do that if they have completely disowned the stadium and this match. It is like me saying offering my neighbours car to someone.

Are you saying the Afghans are lying and BCCI didn't offer them Greater Noida? That is the only other conclusion. Instead of dancing around it why don't you say that you think the Afghans are lying?

And let's be clear here. It's YOUR stadium that is soaked to the ground and YOUR people cleaning dishes in toilet water next to an active urinal. No need to throw random insults at Pakistan.

Cherry picked quote? Its mentioned in every media that's reporting on this matter.

Pakistanis started insulting BCCI and India, what do you in return?

BCCI offered ACB Kanpur and Bangalore. This stadium was given in 2016..This time ACB went ahead to Noida stadium despite BCCI offering other options.

Let's be clear:

This match doesn't concern PCB

This match isn't in Pakistan.

This has nothing to do with pakistanis.

Cherry picked quote? Its mentioned in every media that's reporting on this matter.

Pakistanis started insulting BCCI and India, what do you in return?

BCCI offered ACB Kanpur and Bangalore. This stadium was given in 2016..This time ACB went ahead to Noida stadium despite BCCI offering other options.

Let's be clear:

This match doesn't concern PCB

This match isn't in Pakistan.

This has nothing to do with pakistanis.
BCCI offered Kanpur and Bangalore in 2024 and Greater Noida in 2016. Is that what you think the Afghans are saying in this quote?

"The BCCI offered us three venues – Kanpur, Bengaluru, and this one. We chose to play at Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was a two-hour drive from Delhi airport,” Afghanistan board's international cricket manager Menhajuddin Raz told reporters"

I don't even know if Menhajuddin Raz was around in 2016 or if any of the current board were. Why would they accept this offer 8 years later.

Let's be clear:

It is not up to you to provide arbitrary limitations on what can and can't be discussed and what nationality can and cannot discuss it.

BCCI offered Kanpur and Bangalore in 2024 and Greater Noida in 2016. Is that what you think the Afghans are saying in this quote?

"The BCCI offered us three venues – Kanpur, Bengaluru, and this one. We chose to play at Greater Noida as it was most convenient in terms of logistics. It was a two-hour drive from Delhi airport,” Afghanistan board's international cricket manager Menhajuddin Raz told reporters"

I don't even know if Menhajuddin Raz was around in 2016 or if any of the current board were. Why would they accept this offer 8 years later.

Let's be clear:

It is not up to you to provide arbitrary limitations on what can and can't be discussed and what nationality can and cannot discuss it.

Greater Noida stadium was given in 2016. BCCI banned the stadium in 2017. Since then Afghanistan team played its matches in Dehradun and Lucknow. This time they were offered Bangalore and Kanpur. They refused and did a deal with Noida stadium.

Greater Noida stadium was given in 2016. BCCI banned the stadium in 2017. Since then Afghanistan team played its matches in Dehradun and Lucknow. This time they were offered Bangalore and Kanpur. They refused and did a deal with Noida stadium.

Let's be clear:

I can comment on the incompetence of the BCCI

Isn't it hilarious how the same 'andhbhakhts' who can't stand Muslims and mock Islam call Afghans their "bhai"? Irony just packed its bags and left the room. :inti
No one that I know call Afghans bhai bhai. Its just that they can't play cricket back home due to crazy Islamists who rule in their country and also bcoz they don't get along well with their neighbour Pakistan, BCCI allow them to play in India. Also, bcoz Afghans don't share border with India, they don't have any enmity with us. Not having enmity is not equal to being Bhai Bhai.

Isn't it hilarious how the same 'andhbhakhts' who can't stand Muslims and mock Islam call Afghans their "bhai"? Irony just packed its bags and left the room. :inti
Is'nt it amazing how you 'ecosystem minions' come crawling out of whatever hole in the ground you infest, the minute something negative about India gets published on this site? If your team showed the consistency in its performance as your flock, they'd be winning a lot more than they do.

record books will show Afghanistan drew a test with Nzl. Dont think they will complaint.

Well, whether India-Afghani brotherhood disappears or not, the Pak-Afghani 'asi bhi musalman tussi bhi musalman' brotherhood sure disappeared very quickly, didn't it.

What started with 'zehni azadi' and 'Kashmir fatah karke denge' surely has ended up being something else entirely. Who could have guessed.

And Afghanistan still choose a toilet water stadium in India over the 'world class' facilities across the border.

Also, bcoz Afghans don't share border with India, they don't have any enmity with us.
We share the 106 km border with them along the durand line and it's in dispute. Issue is entire durand line is not recognised by afg .

Well, whether India-Afghani brotherhood disappears or not, the Pak-Afghani 'asi bhi musalman tussi bhi musalman' brotherhood sure disappeared very quickly, didn't it.

What started with 'zehni azadi' and 'Kashmir fatah karke denge' surely has ended up being something else entirely. Who could have guessed.

And Afghanistan still choose a toilet water stadium in India over the 'world class' facilities across the border.
I'm glad you have finally accepted the toilet water.Yesterday it was a conspiracy and a lie. It is a sign of progress.

unfortunately, you still keep lashing out at Pakistan for some weird reason.

ICC should have special power in preventing things like this from happening. After all it is a match between two Test nations. So they should have minimum criteria for each ground that hosts Test matches. This ground i am sure would fail in all the criterias.

Looks like brother @Bhaag Viru Bhaag is upset that Afghanistan cricket team has chosen India as their venue over Pakistan and accusing everyone as Andhbhakts. Considering no team wants to travel to Afghanistan since it is ruled by terrorists, I think ACB should reignite friendship with neighbouring Muslim nation PCB and play its home matches in Pakistan going forward. Or probably in Bangladesh as it is becoming another shinning light from Indian sub continent. In that way it will be win-win for everyone. Afghans will feel home, no Andhbhakts need to fake praise them and our Indian muslims from Delhi will finally be happy.

So are you saying all those people from Delhi who shower love for Afghans living there are Andhbhakts (aka Modi supporters)?

How did you come to that conclusion? Did you take any poll about their political allegiance?

Such an ignorant post :rolleyes:
Looks like you're having a rough day at the office. Everything seems to be going over your head today, though that’s not the first time. I can’t spoon-feed you every time. Read my previous posts.

Andhbhakhts who abuse Muslims and Islam but then turn around and shower Afghans with 'pappiyan' and 'jhappiyan' are the biggest hypocrites. :inti

Looks like you're having a rough day at the office. Everything seems to be going over your head today, though that’s not the first time. I can’t spoon-feed you every time. Read my previous posts.

Andhbhakhts who abuse Muslims and Islam but then turn around and shower Afghans with 'pappiyan' and 'jhappiyan' are the biggest hypocrites. :inti

Okay...got it. Will tell them not to abuse those innocent peaceful people going forward

:rabada2

How did you deduce that the love is fake but the abuse is real
My reasoning is based on consistency. When someone(andhbhakhts) regularly abuses Muslims and Islam but suddenly shows affection towards individuals of the same faith, it's hard to see that as genuine. Real love and respect aren’t selective. They don’t depend on context or convenience. If the abuse is constant and the affection only appears in certain cases, like political or social alliances then it suggests hypocrisy. The real feelings are likely shown in the abuse, while the so-called 'love' seems performative or opportunistic. :inti

Biggest losers here are NZ team. Afg had nothing to lose here

This test is not a part of WTC...so not much of a loss. However, from practice perspective in these conditions before facing India, I agree Kiwis will feel hard done by.

Looks like brother @Bhaag Viru Bhaag is upset that Afghanistan cricket team has chosen India as their venue over Pakistan and accusing everyone as Andhbhakts. Considering no team wants to travel to Afghanistan since it is ruled by terrorists, I think ACB should reignite friendship with neighbouring Muslim nation PCB and play its home matches in Pakistan going forward. Or probably in Bangladesh as it is becoming another shinning light from Indian sub continent. In that way it will be win-win for everyone. Afghans will feel home, no Andhbhakts need to fake praise them and our Indian muslims from Delhi will finally be happy.
I don't understand in talks about Ind, Pak and Afg why are you guys bringing in my BD man..lol leave us. We have many problems of our own..one guy even blamed BCB lmao

When someone(andhbhakhts) regularly abuses Muslims and Islam but suddenly shows affection towards individuals of the same faith

How do you know that the ones abusing the Muslims are the same ones who shower affection on Afghans? You have any evidence of this hypocrisy by the so called "andhbhakts"?

Indians have an issue with Pakistan and domestic radical Islamists because of all the trauma caused by the almost monthly bomb blasts in major cities right from the 90s until the early 2010s. Much of the online hatred from the Indian far right is directed towards those groups who were complicit with these heinous and cowardly attacks. We all know who they're...

Noone here has any issue with Afghans or Iranians or Indonesians although they're 8slamic too. Ofcourse Pakistanis would find it hard to digest the bitter fact that Afghanistan looks up to India much more than them but they need to make peace with it.

New Zealand's cricket team is frustrated as their one-off Test match against Afghanistan was called off without a single ball being bowled due to persistent rain and outfield issues in Greater Noida, New Zealand head coach Gary Stead said at the post-match press conference:

"The most disappointing part for us is that we lost the opportunity to be match-hardened and match-ready when we go into our Test match [against Sri Lanka] next week. The guys are really disappointed. It was an opportunity to play Afghanistan. It doesn't come around that often."

"They have some unique bowlers - it's always good to get your head around how you face them. The way they play is a little bit different from other countries. It's always learning what you can do when you get in those match situations."

"Even though it was fine for those two days, there were thunderstorms the nights before and the ground was just too soft and the umpires deemed that unfit to play on. So that is sort of out of the player's hands, too. But we were frustrated. We have come here to play cricket and play a Test match and as Jonathan said, Test cricket, certainly to our group of players that is here, that's very, very dear to their hearts and every Test you get to play in is a big one."

"So regardless of whether it has World Test Championship points or not, that opportunity to get out there for five days, it looked a great surface. The whole block looked fantastic, so it would have been a great match of Test cricket."

Pakistanis would find it hard to digest the bitter fact that Afghanistan looks up to India much more than them
Buddy, you are mistaken. It is September 2024, and most Pakistanis dont even look up to Pakistan themselves. They couldn't care less who the Afghans look up to.

Back