IPL | Kolkata v Mohali | Kolkata | 25/05/2008

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Game just underway with Mohali batting first.

24 for 1. Umar Gul has just trapped Hopes leg before.

Salman Butt also playing for Kolkata today, but still no Akhtar, presumably injured yet again.

Sri Lankan Mendis bowling today already. Let's see how Sangakkara handles him

No akhtar indeed, but he does have a earphone and mic with him.

So i assume he'll have a mini interview again :) "I get good money, Kolkata is my home ground. It feels good" etc etc :p

lollol said:
No akhtar indeed, but he does have a earphone and mic with him.

So i assume he'll have a mini interview again :) "I get good money, Kolkata is my home ground. It feels good" etc etc :p
He should be careful, dont want him to injure his ears when he's taking the earpiece in and out of his ears :D :p

Akhtar today
2dbl7ah.jpg

I don't think Sharukh Khan is in stadium But Pretty Zinta is already at the ground around Punjab players. No chance of a duel between them

Mendis doesnt seem to be much of a mystery to Shaun Marsh does he. Clattered him for two boundaries in the last over.

First over Marsh was a little carefull. That over went for 3 runs. Next over he looked comfortable playing him

hahah, yaar where is SRK, jab kashtee dhobee to kaptan ne phele chilang marlee

Akhtar has an excellent career in acting. His dialogue delivery is perfect.

Obeid said:
Has kolkata been eliminated yet in this tourny?
yes, they are already done and dusted.

60 for 1

The big qs is, barring a one off demolition that akhtar brings to the table, is his utility over the stretch worth its weight in gold. Personally for me, he raises and destroys the expectations ( potential) of the team in a stretch of 3 games.

Where is he now :D :)))

Attachments

• srk.jpg
    srk.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 79
lollol said:
Where is he now :D :)))

Probably in his front room dancing!

Mendis gets his first wicket, Marsh goes for 40 and its 107/2

What is it with Gul and short balls! He'll bowl 2 short wide balls another short ball that goes for 4, does the yorker mean nothing ti him

Gul gets his man in the end, Sanga LBW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

133/3

LOL @ Arun Lal, trying to defen'd Gangers' bad judgment on that dropped catch. Suck up.

19.4 Umar Gul to Pathan, OUT, Pathan makes room and slog it over the on side, Gul fires in a yorker at the base of the stumps and flattens the off and middle stumps as Pathan heaves and misses
IK Pathan b Umar Gul 7 (4b 1x4 0x6) SR: 175.00
19.3 Umar Gul to Pathan, 2 runs, Dropped: Pathan pulls a slow bouncer and gets a thick top edge, Ishant runs backwards from short fine leg but loses sight of the ball as it swirls in the air, he spills the catch

Looks like he has to do the job himself:D

Damn, if sharma had caught that ball, gul wouldve had his hat-trick :p

Gul is the number 1 bowler in 20/20 in the world no doubt. His record is amazing, econ of around 6 with average of around 15, how much better can you get

Gul on a hat-trick!!!!!!!!!!!! Chawla gone first ball!

C'mon Gully hat-trick and 5-fer!

jackal786 said:
Gul is one of the few success from Pakistan.

Gul, Tanvir and Akhtar have owned pretty much every Indian bowler in this tournament

Misbah and Butt have done well given the chance

This guy must be having pretty strong shoulder to fire in one yorker after other. He is also accurate.

Kolkata will need 175 runs to bow out of the IPL with a win

cars112 said:
Gul, Tanvir and Akhtar have owned pretty much every Indian bowler in this tournament

Misbah and Butt have done well given the chance

Do you have to drag.. Indian bowlers here.. There are fine Indian bowlers as well.. :p . Balaji, Mishra,. Irfan...

jackal786 said:
Do you have to drag.. Indian bowlers here.. There are fine Indian bowlers as well.. :p . Balaji, Mishra,. Irfan...

Are any of them average 11 with economy rate 6 like Tanvir?

And what happened to the "legendary fast bowler" who averaged 60 in Aus?

cars112 said:
Are any of them average 11 with economy rate 6 like Tanvir?

And what happened to the "legendary fast bowler" who averaged 60 in Aus?

Good point. Sharma's been very very ordinary throughout the IPL

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Good point. Sharma's been very very ordinary throughout the IPL

Yes - as usual the Indians hyped a rubbish bowler to the sky.

cars112 said:
Yes - as usual the Indians hyped a rubbish bowler to the sky.

You are really talking like you don't know anything about cricketIt was Australian players and commentators who praised him a lot more than Indians so much so players like Hayden played out his overs to target others. He was a success in Australia like it or not. Just that he was unlucky not to bag more wickets. It was at the highest level of game not T20 where batsmen try to go after bowlers and lose wickets. Lot of such bowlers are there. LR shukla picked 3 wickets in one over.

Sure he lost his way. I agree. May be T20 is not for him. May be he played too much cricket for his age. That was one long tour. But he is still a good prospect.

jackal786 said:
You are really talking like you don't know anything about cricketIt was Australian players and commentators who praised him a lot more than Indians so much so players like Hayden played out his overs to target others. He was a success in Australia like it or not. Just that he was unlucky not to bag more wickets. It was at the highest level of game not T20 where batsmen try to go after bowlers and lose wickets. Lot of such bowlers are there. LR shukla picked 3 wickets in one over.

Sure he lost his way. I agree. May be T20 is not for him. May be he played too much cricket for his age. That was one long tour. But he is still a good prospect.

No mate, I don't know a thing about cricket, yes Ishant will be better than Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib, Imran, everyone. What an amazing bowler.

Get real man. Ishant averaged loads in Australia and now he's averaging loads here. He really isn't as good as you guys are dreaming.

cars112 said:
No mate, I don't know a thing about cricket, yes Ishant will be better than Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib, Imran, everyone. What an amazing bowler.

Get real man. Ishant averaged loads in Australia and now he's averaging loads here. He really isn't as good as you guys are dreaming.

Nobody said he is the best deal. He has the potential. He was rated highly by Australian player themselves. I bet you did not even watch a single ball he bowled in Australia. There are certain things you won't see in raw statistics. This is one of them. His bowled lot better than the statistics that showed. There was a reason why everyone agreed Ishant was the real find of the tour. Try to appreciate the good.. even if you hate the country where he hails from :p

Sharma is not a hype.....

- He's indian
- He's the fastest bowler in India (ever)
- He's only 19
- He troubled some batsmen in AUS, although he didnt get many wickets

The FAST part alone is enough to hype him, but yeah i agree, maybe it has gone a bit to far :p

jackal786 said:
Try to appreciate the good.. even if you hate the country where he hails from :p

I don't hate any country mate. If a bowler is overhyped, I'll say he is. I'm not one to mince words.

lollol said:
Sharma is not a hype.....

- He's indian
- He's the fastest bowler in India (ever)
- He's only 19
- He troubled some batsmen in AUS, although he didnt get many wickets

The FAST part alone is enough to hype him, but yeah i agree, maybe it has gone a bit to far :p

I think Ishan't speed thread was started by a Pakistan fan :p . Ishant was never billed as "fastest man in international cricketer". He was more praised for other aspects of bowling. Speed is the last thing anyone associated with Ishant. But pak fans are little obsessed with speed of every bowler even if he is crap(sami) it turned into different direction. In a way few Pakistn fans are responsible for this hype.

You 2 folks need to calm down. This is happening in far too many threads

SO whats the score here? any body watching?

PlanetPakistan said:
You 2 folks need to calm down. This is happening in far too many threads

SO whats the score here? any body watching?

Sreesanth on a hatrick.

Too early to say but Kolkotta appear to be on the backfoot. 51/2 off 6 needing 175.

Sreesanth bowling very well.

By the way, jackal and cars, may I introduce you guys? You should be besht friends. ;-)

Jeez Powar looks like he should be sitting in a mithai shop, lungi and all.

Great bowling by the guy, though.

Cryin Out Loud said:
Jeez Powar looks like he should be sitting in a mithai shop, lungi and all.

Great bowling by the guy, though.

He is one guy who takes me to the era of Ranatunga, Duleep Mendis

jackal786 said:
He is one guy who takes me to the era of Ranatunga, Duleep Mendis

Powar, like Ranatunga, Duleep Mendis, before him is a hero.

Mote logon ki laaj rakh raha hai, duniya mein.

Last edited:
12thMan said:
Oh No!!! :105:
Sreesanth went past Sohail Tanvir in the wickets tally
d@mn . . . But sohail played about 5 games fewer than sree . . . So tanno is still the leader :D

118 for 6 as Gul smashes Hopes for 2 big ones.

Gul is turning into a Maharoof. He can be cultivated to be an useful pinch hitter.

28 runs from the last 5 deliveries.

Kolkata might pull this one off

If ganguly can keep on-strike, Kolkata will win i think.

Or ishant must hita few boundaries

15 from the last over...

Pathan will be bowling... man, if we had a "all-rounder" spinner bowling the last over (Malik :p), the 15 runs would be easy :p

Last edited:
Back