Ireland v West Indies | Group B | WC'11 | Mohali | 11/03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porterfield has won the toss and opted to field. They like chasing, these Irish.

Looking forward to some fearsome fast bowling by Roach and Andre Russell!

5 run in 4 overs ... Windies definatey playing cautiously here without Gayle. Plenty expected of Pollard by the looks of it.

How big are you?

Lets not go there...

No I mean how tall are you?

Too late!

HAHAHAHA

Why is Gayle not playing? Didn't feel like it?

Can Ireland cause another upset? :13:

Good strategy by Ireland, since their 2 bowlers are bowling well, they are not changing them yet. Let's see how it pans out in the later overs.

ireland have certainly given everyone a reason of why associates should be part of the world cup.

I'm following cricinfo, and it doesn't mention bowling PP being taken after 10th over. Did Ireland really not take the PP or did cricinfo not mention it?

Ah, and now cricinfo mentions it...scary almost seems like they were responding to my post above here :O

Last edited:
Gavasker's homoerotic comment has been the only good part of this match until now...

If it goes good, i'll definitely go. Friends have passes

Good atmosphere here today, was bit too hot in last few days. Today's bit cool which is great

Dockrell looks a very good prospect. He has just spent an over sniffing after Sarwan's wicket and finally induced him into the fatal stroke. Poor innings from Sarwan really.

Couple more for Ireland and they're really in with a shout.

Ireland is playing good cricket, I hope they reach the Quarterfinals. Bangladesh shouldn't even be in the next world cup, sad stuff compared to the Irish legends.

Ireland is playing good cricket, I hope they reach the Quarterfinals. Bangladesh shouldn't even be in the next world cup, sad stuff compared to the Irish legends.

Yep, Bangladesh is anything but pathetic so far. And I doubt see them go beyond round robin matches (may be a hard fought win against Netherlands thats the maximum i could imagine for them). I just hope Ireland gets more chances post world cup to play against major cricketing nations regularly.

From whatever chance that have had, Irish have proved they are more professional in their approach towards the game than some of our subcontinent players (in particular with their fielding)

Last edited:
Yep, Bangladesh is anything but pathetic so far. And I doubt see them go beyond round robin matches (may be a hard fought win against Netherlands thats the maximum i could imagine for them). I just hope Ireland gets more chances post world cup to play against major cricketing nations regularly.

From whatever chance that have had, Irish has proved they are more professional in their approach towards the game than some of our subcontinent players (in particular with their fielding)

You're being very kind here. Thanks anyway.

Ireland could and really should have beaten Bangladesh, they beat England, ran India in India closer than many teams have managed to do, and are producing another encouraging performance here thus far. I don't think there's any argument that they currently look like one of the top five teams in the group - they may even end up in the quarters.

Ireland could and really should have beaten Bangladesh, they beat England, ran India in India closer than many teams have managed to do, and are producing another encouraging performance here thus far. I don't think there's any argument that they currently look like one of the top five teams in the group - they may even end up in the quarters.

Ireland are the 2nd best fielding side in this world cup after South Africa. These guys came along way, I hope they reach the quarterfinals or even semis, they have won many hearts.

How is the atmosphere in Bangladesh today my friend? Do you guys reckon you can turn over the English? Because I'd say there's a chance if you get us in against your spinners with the pressure on.

How is the atmosphere in Bangladesh today my friend? Do you guys reckon you can turn over the English? Because I'd say there's a chance if you get us in against your spinners with the pressure on.

Very nice and calm my friend. People from Chittagong will give England team a warm welcome as we are the known to be the most hospitable people on Bangladesh. My friends took a few pictures of the England team training and a few were scared seeing the size of Chris Tremlet as he is three Ashraful's put together. English team visited a school and took pictures with young orphan kids, was very nice of the team.

No, friend I gave up all hope, if we can't beat West Indies, how can we beat England. Our spinners are overrated, they only play well against Zimbabwe and New Zealand. The English batsmen played relatively well against our spinners last time they toured.

Match will be played on a flat pitch, just like the Indian match so there will be no turn for the spinners, batting paradise. I will be happy if we get to see full 100 overs of cricket today.

Very nice and calm my friend. People from Chittagong will give England team a warm welcome as we are the known to be the most hospitable people on Bangladesh. My friends took a few pictures of the England team training and a few were scared seeing the size of Chris Tremlet as he is three Ashraful's put together. English team visited a school and took pictures with young orphan kids, was very nice of the team.

No, friend I gave up all hope, if we can't beat West Indies, how can we beat England. Our spinners are overrated, they only play well against Zimbabwe and New Zealand. The English batsmen played relatively well against our spinners last time they toured.

Match will be played on a flat pitch, just like the Indian match so there will be no turn for the spinners, batting paradise. I will be happy if we get to see full 100 overs of cricket today.

Thanks for the account, a pleasure to read :) I think it will be closer than you guys expect...England always make it interesting!

In other news, Ireland have blown it after I lavished praise on them. Bah.

Windies have timed their inning quite impressively. Quite similar to what our batsmen need to think about. We have the big hitters like the windies lower down the order and if we can give them enough overs at the end, a big total is possible.

Windies have timed their inning quite impressively. Quite similar to what our batsmen need to think about. We have the big hitters like the windies lower down the order and if we can give them enough overs at the end, a big total is possible.

yaah

:misbah and :yk need to play till 40th over

If they can keep going at 10 RPO they get to 300 which is a good total for Mohali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back